Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,099 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1706) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4441717 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1703) (1704) (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:44am On Oct 24, 2020
DesireFarms:

Bungalow
not sure if you can do plastering before roofing never seen it done that way before
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Anacondaprick: 7:57am On Oct 24, 2020
Pls professionals one bag of cement would lay how many PC's of 9" block?
Then how many 9" Blocks can 20tonnes of sharp sand lay?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:03am On Oct 24, 2020
DesireFarms:

Thank you Sir. But is it advisable ?

I wouldn’t do it. I try to follow the standard process as I’ve watched it been done by the pros on here.

Now if you’ll be screeding in and out then I think it’ll hide the patch work.

Good luck on your project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:25am On Oct 24, 2020
Anacondaprick:
Please what is the length of a galvanized pipe and what's the current price ,3 inches and 4 inches

Length is between 5.7 and 6m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Anacondaprick: 9:33am On Oct 24, 2020
topsy23:

Length is between 5.7 and 6m

Ok thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Anacondaprick: 9:35am On Oct 24, 2020
I need some of these materials to be supplied to epe. I have a project there.
I need 20tonnes of sharp sand, granite , plaster sand and cement at epe
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 9:54am On Oct 24, 2020
twinskenny:
not sure if you can do plastering before roofing never seen it done that way before

he said after roof n not before roofing, and yes he can do it once he's done with roofing

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 10:47am On Oct 24, 2020
/
I just heard that a bag of cement is N4500 in Anambra state because of the protest. cool

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:02am On Oct 24, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
I just heard that a bag of cement is N4500 in Anambra state because of the protest. cool

/

Chisos shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by darenyx(m): 11:44am On Oct 24, 2020
twinskenny:

I’m the context of what you said .. you can , plastering can be done before roofing .. although it’s not always the best practice

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2020
darenyx:

I’m the context of what you said .. you can , plastering can be done before roofing .. although it’s not always the best practice

I agree. It depends on the project.

DesireFarms:
Please House. I have been following this thread for few years now and I started my building too recently. I'm at the roofing stage and I intend to stop at that for now because of fund. But I still have more cement on ground. So I'm thinking is it possible I do the plastering before the bulglary,door and window fixing?

The best practice is to wait until the weight of the roof before plastering the walls to reduce cracking.

If it’s a load bearing wall, it’s better to wait until the roof has been installed before plastering or when the mansory work has attained its maximum strength.

However if it is frame structure, you can start soon as possible as the additional weight of plastering is very insignificant.

If you’re doing a flat roof design, it’s better to plaster the parapet walls first before roofing.

So in all, it’s better to keep the house water-tight before rendering/plastering the walls. Roofing before plastering is the best plractice.

______
In abnormal situations though, we’ve plastered before roofing.

Pic 1: Plastering parapet wall (Flat Roof Design)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by r3d5tudio(m): 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2020
Learn how to send WHATSAPP messages to all your contacts and beyond .

*Generate random whatsapp contacts for messaging.
*Send WhatsApp messages to more than 300 people with one click.
*Filter out WhatsApp contacts from a list of contacts.

etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKbmWxFDCJs
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:01pm On Oct 24, 2020
mufutau55:

They are easily putting dogs to sleep... but gun... then they have some jazz that also stop that... beleive me!

Ask EgunMogaji2 for both. smiley

Hajji M.

Hajji you remember when they were burgling my house recurrently some years back and I was always asleep.

How do we counter this their juju like this?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:05pm On Oct 24, 2020
twinskenny:

People do it on rare occasions especially when there is time constraint and its not rainy season.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bereiweris(m): 1:27pm On Oct 24, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Hajji you remember when they were burgling my house recurrently some years back and I was always asleep.

I support oh! Boss show us d way ���
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by loffers(m): 1:49pm On Oct 24, 2020
Anacondaprick:
Pls professionals one bag of cement would lay how many PC's of 9" block?
Then how many 9" Blocks can 20tonnes of sharp sand lay?

Will be glad if I can get this information too.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DesireFarms(m): 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2020
twinskenny:

I am done with the roofing, i want to know if i can use the remaining cement on ground to do plastering job without doing the burglary ,windows and doors ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qdlvy: 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2020
KolaShangOne:

You guys actually believe it's juju making you sleep?. Someone else said they have juju that can make bullets not penetrate. C'mon guys!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:22pm On Oct 24, 2020
DesireFarms:

I am done with the roofing, i want to know if i can use the remaining cement on ground to do plastering job without doing the burglary ,windows and doors ?
oh okay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2020
DesireFarms:

Have you done your electrical and plumbing first fix. The conduit pipes must be fix before plastering except if you are not doing conduit
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 4:14pm On Oct 24, 2020
n3xt:

I agree. It depends on the project.

The best practice is to wait until the weight of the roof before plastering the walls to reduce cracking.

If it’s a load bearing wall, it’s better to wait until the roof has been installed before plastering or when the mansory work has attained its maximum strength.

However if it is frame structure, you can start soon as possible as the additional weight of plastering is very insignificant.

If you’re doing a flat roof design, it’s better to plaster the parapet walls first before roofing.

So in all, it’s better to keep the house water-tight before rendering/plastering the walls. Roofing before plastering is the best plractice.

______
In abnormal situations though, we’ve plastered before roofing.

Pic 1: Plastering parapet wall (Flat Roof Design)
How would you call the system where the structure and block work are done simultaneously?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:17pm On Oct 24, 2020
KolaShangOne:

I remembered quite well o. Antidote to make you immune to the juju mi o. But you young generations are into churches and Mosques too much... you dont beleive in them no more. So use your Bible and Quran, and see if it will work. But only God can totally save us o.

@EgunMogaji2 knows where to get the antidotes. smiley

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:26pm On Oct 24, 2020
DesireFarms:
Please House. I have been following this thread for few years now and I started my building too recently. I'm at the roofing stage and I intend to stop at that for now because of fund. But I still have more cement on ground. So I'm thinking is it possible I do the plastering before the bulglary,door and window fixing?

If you mean after roofing, Yes. You can do that.
But not before roofing o. Personally, I will not advise it.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:32pm On Oct 24, 2020
DesireFarms:

Yes, you can. You can install the burglary later.
I have done the same with a BQ without any problem.

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 4:33pm On Oct 24, 2020
mufutau55:

I remembered quite well o. Antidote to make you immune to the juju mi o. But you young generations are into churches and Mosques too much... you dont beleive in them no more. So use your Bible and Quran, and see if it will work. But only God can totally save us o.

@EgunMogaji2 knows where to get the antidotes. smiley

Hajji M.
There is nothing like Juju, there are no invisible or dark forces that put anyone to sleep ....he may be a heavy or deep sleeper... it's only chemical mixture that react with the blood to ignite semi and fully unconscious mode, it could be in form of oral or internal adminstration.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 4:37pm On Oct 24, 2020
omanzo02:

There is nothing like Juju, there are no invisible or dark forces that put anyone to sleep ....he may be a heavy or deep sleeper... it's only chemical mixture that react with the blood to ignite semi and fully unconscious mode, it could be in form of oral or internal adminstration.

Oga mi. Thanks. I cannot argue this with you o.
Beleive in what you beleive. My mic is OFF now.
This is not open for discussion.

Hajji M.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gurunlocker: 4:40pm On Oct 24, 2020
omanzo02:

There's nothing like juju? Are you talking generally or with the situation concerning dog sleeping?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2020
qdlvy:

You guys actually believe it's juju making you sleep?. Someone else said they have juju that can make bullets not penetrate. C'mon guys!

4 different times and I wake up immediately after they leave. I'm not a deep sleeper. Infact I do most of my tinkering at midnight..

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sauveer: 5:04pm On Oct 24, 2020
Hii,
Can anyone let me know any builders who have properties like they have? https://www.dostirealty.com/
I like their properties and am looking forward to investing in something similar. Thanks?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 5:06pm On Oct 24, 2020
omanzo02:

incredible, very unbelievable that someone will say there is nothing like juju.
if they get you once heh, u won't say that again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:10pm On Oct 24, 2020
mufutau55:

Oga mi. Thanks. I cannot argue this with you o.
Beleive in what you beleive. My mic is OFF now.
This is not open for discussion.

Hajji M.
Definitely man! Because I know 90% of the 4 dimensions of human activities (physical, emotional, energy, mental) are done unconsciously and 1% are done conciously inwardly and outwardly, and everything will looks accidental and divine intervention. Same thing as how unconscious you are will determine how much of your destiny is accidental and anything accidental we always want to attribute to some extraordinary forced elsewhere.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 5:18pm On Oct 24, 2020
qdlvy:

Same thing they believe human head/body parts are ₦£$€¥ money minting machine or will produce a divine intervention to make someone rich!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1703) (1704) (1705) (1706) (1707) (1708) (1709) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.