Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1712) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4441329 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) ... (3678) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 1:12pm On Oct 27, 2020
Thenext:
My Engr. said the least he can collect from me is 10%. He is highly experienced and very good in the field, he built my home country house for me around 2016 and the building is fantastic. In short he is very good and has many projects(private and government) he is handling currently.

He has worked with you before and you already knows his expertise. like you said also, he has many project at hand,.. he has classed you accordingly.. that is why he requesting for 10%.

But to me. 7.5% is ok...
the decision is yours... or tell him to recommend a colleague of his that can collect less..

For, me I am a federal civil servant... my catchment area is restricted to Kaduna, Zaria..

Call me if your project fall within Kaduna, Zaria... 0703272894one....my experience can be vouched by Qsfemi...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:13pm On Oct 27, 2020
Thenext:
I need one firstly because I belief they are knowledgeable/experienced in the field and would be able to deliver a standard project. I don’t want to build a house and be seing cracks etc due to some errors which would have been captured by the Engr. during construction.
Secondly my work won’t permit me to be around all the time to monitor the mason(Baba Lati in your case �).

I think you can negotiate and go with him since he had done a good job before
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qdlvy: 1:20pm On Oct 27, 2020
Mayor78:

Lol! Here they go!
They ain't wired which way exactly?? Why weren't they?? You need certain genealogy or what are we talking about. Are you saying stealing money from a bank isn't evil enough??

You want to recommend me to a place that I would comeback with testimony if at all am still sane?? Joking me brother!

Where will you take me to nwanne? I hope you're not getting me wrong? I am not saying that local herbs or some Herbalist concortions are not potent. Offcourse am not saying such. So following you to 'a place' for testimony and not coming back needs to be qualified.

Because I am not ignorant of the possibility that you may take me to 'a place' force me to take a concoction that would knock me off, or spray me with powder of sarin or some other chemical substance that would deal with me mercilessly before an antidote is applied to attenuate the effect so that I live to give testimony.

It is a pity that here we are in 21st century Nigeria, able bodied people still opposing each other on the existence and effectiveness or not of juju or voodoo, in an era when Elon Musk of SpaceX has put two people in orbit in a trial set to disrupt telecommunication industry. When the world is on the race to discover effective vaccine again the novel virus (covid-19). Any company that discovers an effective covid-19 vaccine is in to rake in billions of dollars. Where are you taking me to brother?

Won't the juju work for the evil covid-19 that has taken the lives of million and counting in the world? You may know that the greatest evils on earth are the bacteria, fungi, and viruses that are in the race to wipe human out of existence unchecked. Since juju only do evil, there are the task. Use it to wipe disease causing agents.

Please!

CO2 - colorless, odorless - will kill in minutes. By the other OP's logic, if something unseen can knock you off, it has to be juju. Intellectual laziness here. Anything that requires some critical analysis to explain any mysterious phenomenon has to be juju because we can't be half-assed to think through it.
I'm curious how with the proliferation of handheld recording devices we haven't seen concrete (pun unintended) evidences that this thing exists. And make them no tell me about the mama in the village that confessed. One shot of haloperidol will snap her out of her psychosis.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by earthrealm(m): 3:48pm On Oct 27, 2020
qdlvy:

CO2 - colorless, odorless - will kill in minutes. By the other OP's logic, if something unseen can knock you off, it has to be juju. Intellectual laziness here. Anything that requires some critical analysis to explain any mysterious phenomenon has to be juju because we can't be half-assed to think through it.
I'm curious how with the proliferation of handheld recording devices we haven't seen concrete (pun unintended) evidences that this thing exists. And make them no tell me about the mama in the village that confessed. One shot of haloperidol will snap her out of her psychosis.

1 chilled zobo for you.
Most of these tales are handed over tales, which the originator forged, and it was spiced up along the way.

Africans had juju and they were conquered by the white man... Anybody wey say im get juju.. let him stand infront of an armoured tank like the usa made Abrams M1A2 and take on a direct hit from it, or even a handheld rpg/bazooka.....
Funny enough if jazz is as common as you guys say, i trust the americans/cia/mossad/kgb to take it from the naive africans study it, finetune and deploy the damned thing for warfare and espionage

Other races are smashing the atom, putting man on the moon, intellectually lazy africans be yapping about juju... Smd!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jumyg: 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2020
Please how do you charge on stage by stage supervision.

As a registered Engineer, we use total sum and source of project to determine Engineer's cost..

Total Sum of project Less than 50million and Private owned, can be percentaged at 2.5%

Total Sum of project Less than 50million and govt own /big multinational company, can be percentaged at 5%

Total Sum of project more than 50million and Private owned, can be percentaged at 5%

Total Sum of project more than 50million and govt own/ private big multinational company owned, can be percentaged at 7.5%..

lastly.. kobokobo stages supervision... 1 to 2%

[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 4:50pm On Oct 27, 2020
Jumyg:
Please how do you charge on stage by stage supervision.

As a registered Engineer, we use total sum and source of project to determine Engineer's cost..

Total Sum of project Less than 50million and Private owned, can be percentaged at 2.5%

Total Sum of project Less than 50million and govt own /big multinational company, can be percentaged at 5%

Total Sum of project more than 50million and Private owned, can be percentaged at 5%

Total Sum of project more than 50million and govt own/ private big multinational company owned, can be percentaged at 7.5%..

lastly.. kobokobo stages supervision... 1 to 2%

Since a project has many stages, the client can decide to pay the consultants based on each completed workp stage or milestone.i.e foundation works, first floor works, second floor, roof.
The consultants fees at each stage is the agreed percentage of that stage of work as reflected in the BOQ.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 5:10pm On Oct 27, 2020
Engr Gbenga (micgray100) is a very credible, experienced, competent and honest structural engineer.

I'm familiar with his works.

micgray100:

He has worked with you before and you already knows his expertise. like you said also, he has many project at hand,.. he has classed you accordingly.. that is why he requesting for 10%.

But to me. 7.5% is ok...
the decision is yours... or tell him to recommend a colleague of his that can collect less..

For, me I am a federal civil servant... my catchment area is restricted to Kaduna, Zaria..

Call me if your project fall within Kaduna, Zaria... 0703272894one....my experience can be vouched by Qsfemi...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:17pm On Oct 27, 2020
Thenext:
My Engr. said the least he can collect from me is 10%. He is highly experienced and very good in the field, he built my home country house for me around 2016 and the building is fantastic. In short he is very good and has many projects(private and government) he is handling currently.

- 7.5 - 8% of the total contract sum should be fine regardless of his expertise and the complexity of the project.

- Make installmental payments based on milestones achieved.

- Retain 20% holdback for 30 days after
completion of work.

______

The build can’t be more than a duplex. N4m supervision fee for a duplex ain’t too bad.

The project can be completed within 90 days at average of 40k per day shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:23pm On Oct 27, 2020
Abi no be supervision fee we dey talk so ^^^
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
n3xt:

- 7.5 - 8% of the total contract sum should be fine regardless of his expertise and the complexity of the project.

completion of work.

______

The build can’t be more than a duplex. N4m supervision fee for a duplex ain’t too bad.

Please take your time
"The build can’t be more than a duplex. N4m supervision fee for a duplex ain’t too bad. "
Money grow from tree
N4 million just $10,000.00 US

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 5:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
Muyi002:
POP champs in the house.

Please I am trying to make kind of calculations and I require assistance.

1. Please how many bags of white cement and sponge will deal one sqm for a good quality thickness

2. How is the sponge sold and cost.

Thanks.

Anyone to help with this?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
GoodFaith:

Please take your time
"The build can’t be more than a duplex. N4m supervision fee for a duplex ain’t too bad. "
Money grow from tree
N4 million just $10,000.00 US

45m build cannot be more than a 240m2 duplex in Nigeria as of today. I believe N4,000,000 ($10k) which translates to an average of 40k supervision fee per day (assuming the lifetime of the project is 90 days) is good enough for a professional and engineer wey sabi.

Anything above that amount is way too much.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
n3xt:

45m build cannot be more than a 240m2 duplex in Nigeria as of today. I believe N4,000,000 ($10k) which translates to an average of 40k supervision fee per day (assuming the lifetime of the project is 90 days) is good enough for a professional and engineer wey sabi.

Anything above that amount is way too much.

Are you joking 40k daily
Any time I see u I will park well
Jesus -I need help

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
Good evening my people, I will like to use a few minutes of our time to to review a product from one of us here. Michlins has sent me a complete door fabricated from imported steel plates and pipes, which he intends to mass produce for the use of members here who will need the doors. I collected the door after delays occasioned by my schedule, and had the door reviewed to ascertain its quality.

This door is well constructed, the welding work is very good, the key locks very well, the alignment of the door and general fit is among the best in its class, I especially like the smooth finish, the colour combination he was able to achieve with the door, and I am sure he can change the colour design to any other colour the client or customer will need.

The hinge of this door is good, and I know that this hinge is what is obtainable in most welding shops in Nigeria, but I advice that the hinge be changed in subsequent orders. I am looking forward to patronizing him in my next project, I look forward to a good deal from him and will report the results of our dealings here for all to see. Thanks all.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:09pm On Oct 27, 2020
GoodFaith:

Are you joking 40k daily
Any time I see u I will park well
Jesus -I need help

Mama, you don’t seem to understand my point. You may need to go over the post from the beginning.

As per the 40k, it’s just a breakdown to show the OP what N4,000,000 supervision fee will translate to if he’s paying daily.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 6:17pm On Oct 27, 2020
spyder880:
Good evening my people, I will like to use a few minutes of our time to to review a product from one of us here. Michlins has sent me a complete door fabricated from imported steel plates and pipes, which he intends to mass produce for the use of members here who will need the doors. I collected the door after delays occasioned by my schedule, and had the door reviewed to ascertain its quality.

This door is well constructed, the welding work is very good, the key locks very well, the alignment of the door and general fit is among the best in its class, I especially like the smooth finish, the colour combination he was able to achieve with the door, and I am sure he can change the colour design to any other colour the client or customer will need.

The hinge of this door is good, and I know that this hinge is what is obtainable in most welding shops in Nigeria, but I advice that the hinge be changed in subsequent orders. I am looking forward to patronizing him in my next project, I look forward to a good deal from him and will report the results of our dealings here for all to see. Thanks all.

I am also interested in this door.. I will be needing 10units in a project at ogijo shagamu.

Oga spider, won't mind if you can explain in details the following about the door..

- it durability to be used for internal doors like rooms and toilets

-Available sizes it comes.... 6inches, 9inches, 3feets, 21/2 feets doors

-Sound / noice when opening or closing

-price

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thenext: 6:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
Thanks for your contribution. The project will run between 12-15 months due to funds.

n3xt:

completion of work.

______

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:27pm On Oct 27, 2020
spyder880:

Oga Spyder880, thank you very much for the detailed confirmation and review. Coming from you, I am sure people will patronize him more now. Very nice looking doors too. Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 6:37pm On Oct 27, 2020
mufutau55:

Oga Spyder880, thank you very much for the detailed confirmation and review. Coming from you, I am sure people will patronize him more now. Very nice looking doors too. Thank you.

Hajji M.
I am glad for him too, like many adviced him when he was been called a scammer and doubted his capabilities, proofs and focus changes perception.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 6:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
spyder880:

Congratulations @michlins.

You hung in there, took the advice and was brave enough to test yourself with the best of the best here.

Hope it pays for you henceforth.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:38pm On Oct 27, 2020
micgray100:

I am also interested in this door.. I will be needing 10units in a project at ogijo shagamu.

Oga spider, won't mind if you can explain in details the following about the door..

- it durability to be used for internal doors like rooms and toilets

-Available sizes it comes.... 6inches, 9inches, 3feets, 21/2 feets doors

-Sound / noice when opening or closing

-price

Although a lot of people use wooden doors inside the house, others want metal doors because of the issue of security. The doors will serve, but you need to ensure your bathroom is enclosed in a glass compartment, to stop water from splashing directly on the metal doors.

The doors could be fabricated in many different sizes like the 6" and 9" frames, the width of the door could also be made to fit 3 feet or less doors, that's what some people enjoy in the local fabricated doors, freedom to adjust your door and find locals who can build exactly what you want to fit there (in case of people that are bigger for instance) cheesy

Noise when opening and closing will be there, but not too much. The hinges needs to be oiled regularly to ensure a smooth slide and bang when closed.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 6:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
mufutau55:

Hajji M.

jabolo:

Congratulations @michlins.

You hung in there, took the advice and was brave enough to test yourself with the best of the best here.

Hope it pays for you henceforth.

omanzo02:

I am glad for him too, like many adviced him when he was been called a scammer and doubted his capabilities, proofs and focus changes perception.

My only advice to him is, to remain impeccably honest in all his dealings, the rest is easy. An honest man can make mistakes and be forgiven, but if your client or customers thinks you are out to scam them, it doesn't always end well.

If he remains hardworking and honest, there's just too much business out there. Thank you my bosses.

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Shezkid01(m): 6:42pm On Oct 27, 2020
Hello guys. I have 9 ceilings in my room..
How much is a carton of tiles
How many park of tiles will I use
And starting price of a tiles carton?

Please I don’t use WhatsApp, just quote me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
spyder880:

My only advice to him is, to remain impeccably honest in all his dealings, the rest is easy. An honest man can make mistakes and be forgiven, but if your client or customers thinks you are out to scan them, it doesn't always end well.

If he remains hardworking and honest, there's just too much business out there. Thank you my bosses.

You are 1000% correct Sir. Thank you.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 6:55pm On Oct 27, 2020
spyder880:

My only advice to him is, to remain impeccably honest in all his dealings, the rest is easy. An honest man can make mistakes and be forgiven, but if your client or customers thinks you are out to scan them, it doesn't always end well.

A honest person mistakes are mostly delays in delivery which is understandable and they usually get in touch with the client for updates.
Good for him he was able to get to you that is based in the east to test his ware.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:09pm On Oct 27, 2020
Gud evening here my boss in the house ,
Adedward are here for all ur kind of aluminum windows both casement and sliding embedded and without burglaries, thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2020
spyder880:

This is a good report. @ Michlins keep it up sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 7:28pm On Oct 27, 2020
SurveyorGeo:

This is a good report. @ Michlins keep it up sir
keep it up brother
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:43pm On Oct 27, 2020
n3xt:

Mama, you don’t seem to understand my point. You may need to go over the post from the beginning.

As per the 40k, it’s just a breakdown to show the OP what N4,000,000 supervision fee will translate to if he’s paying daily.
I am a dude , Man
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by qwertyboss(m): 7:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
whats your take on this cantilever?
considering the span and beams...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:09pm On Oct 27, 2020
Good evening.

The area of your room is 12.96 square metres.
If you want to tile the room, the quantity of tiles you're gonna need is 15 square metres inclusive of skirting.

If you're buying 400mm x 400mm porcelain tiles, there are 12 pieces in a carton, hence the area of 1 carton is 1.92 square metres.

For 15 square metres (quantity needed for your room), you will need approximately 8 cartons.

Cost per carton is around #2800.

I hope you find this helpful.

Shezkid01:
Hello guys. I have 9 ceilings in my room..
How much is a carton of tiles
How many park of tiles will I use
And starting price of a tiles carton?

Please I don’t use WhatsApp, just quote me

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2020
sorry people for dropping this here. A Property is available for sale at Kolapo Ishola Layout,Ojoo Ibadan..Two block of three bedroom Flats available for sale..House is a 4 Flats in which 2flats are for sale.

Asking price is Sixteen Million Naira subject to negotiations

Interested buyers can send me a PM

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (1709) (1710) (1711) (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) ... (3678) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: NATLONG, Rawgold300 and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.