Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:49 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1715) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399111 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
n3xt:

I think cement price is still stable here. I was on a project yesterday and we still got #2400. Though it’s a government project (Ogun state affordable housing).

Everybody in Nigeria is a SARS grin
You're them right, no any worst SARS then government officials any little position the fine themselves the became god.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
n3xt:

If it's kobokobo, you'll be working directly with the welder. I think it should be around #220. If I'm involved, it is 250k pere.

___
Price Ex Works
2mm thick plate
Matt black finish

Actually a very good price if the details are close to 90% of in the picture.

I’m sure it’s only N75K in other parts of the country though grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 11:34pm On Oct 28, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

But I think one day, I will still copy that your gate. I like it.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 12:46am On Oct 29, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Unfortunately in this current climate you won’t get far but you can at least get started and motivated.

You’re looking at N1.6M to get to this level. It’s a 2 bedroom plus 1 bedroom flat joined together. I think I can finish it moderately for another N2M.

Just trying to show you a real life exercise instead of theory.

Good luck.

just look at that sky, priceless grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:58am On Oct 29, 2020
Aforxzy:

Nice pic. But the cantilever span is the shorter span not the longer (8m) span.

Ma’am, I know o and I know you know that I know. grin but I always value your contribution any day, any time.

You sabi the job cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:03am On Oct 29, 2020
kopell:
You're them right, no any worst SARS then government officials any little position the fine themselves the became god.

Those ones are the biggest problem of this country. They’re the F-SARS
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:43am On Oct 29, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

It’s a WYSISWG job.

All wrought iron works are hand forged by master blacksmith.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by smallsmall: 2:58am On Oct 29, 2020
DesireFarms:
Please House. I have been following this thread for few years now and I started my building too recently. I'm at the roofing stage and I intend to stop at that for now because of fund. But I still have more cement on ground. So I'm thinking is it possible I do the plastering before the bulglary,door and window fixing?

Yes, You can do it, it wont harm anything.
What you are trying to do is find good use for the left over cement, before the harden,
If you cant sell/return them to the seller to sell for you then you have to put it to use.
Have yyou done your Soakaway? if not can you not use it for that?
You can actually plaster around the Windows but leave a distance of about six incheas around the Perimeter of each window, to cater for breakages when the Window frames will go in later.
It wont spoil anything, just leave some incheas to the edges, around areas you will need to fxi things later (Roof, Doors, Windows, etc).

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:01am On Oct 29, 2020
Focusmind:

Bro, like how much would this gate cost? We are kobo kobo team sad
bro, how would you feel if I do the job for you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:06am On Oct 29, 2020
erico2k2:

just look at that sky, priceless grin grin grin

I agree with you.

I like the peace and serenity there so much that I’m building my next personal home there.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:08am On Oct 29, 2020
mufutau55:

But I think one day, I will still copy that your gate. I like it.

Hajji M.

Thanks Sir. You talked me into it and there’s been no regret now for all these years.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 6:11am On Oct 29, 2020
michlins:
bro, how would you feel if I do the job for you

I will feel good bro. However, I am not yet ready yet for the gate as I have suspended works on my builds at the moment. Moreover, you are in the East why I am in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 6:31am On Oct 29, 2020
n3xt:

Ma’am, I know o and I know you know that I know. grin but I always value your contribution any day, any time.

You sabi the job cool

Well done Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 6:38am On Oct 29, 2020
Good morning.
we are available for your roofing woods, woodwork and materials.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 7:26am On Oct 29, 2020
Deka VRLA/GEl and Trojan VRLA/AGM BATTERIES!!!

DEKA 12v 210ah (VRLA GEL):
Voltage: 12V
20 HR rate : 183AH
Capacity at C/100: 210ah
Plate alloy: Lead Calcium
Container/Cover: Polypropylene
Operating Temp range: -60°C - 60°C
Vent: Self Sealing
Electrolyte: Sulfuric acid thixotropic Gel
Price:220k

TROJAN 12V 205ah (VRLA AGM):
20 HR rate: 210ah .
Maximum Charge Current : 20% of C20
Operating Temp range: -20°C - 50°C
Material: polypropylene
Battery: VRLA/AGM/Non- Spillable/maintenance free
Price:195k

TROJAN 12V 170ah (FLOODED):
Battery Voltage: 12V
Price:118k

SmartcellNuggets: The primary means of energy generation is going to solar. It will at least be a plurality, and probably be a slight majority in the long term.  - "Elon Musk"

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:31am On Oct 29, 2020
Focusmind:

I will feel good bro. However, I am not yet ready yet for the gate as I have suspended works on my builds at the moment. Moreover, you are in the East why I am in Lagos.
ok cool bro.

Good morning sir and enjoy your day
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by beebah247: 12:58pm On Oct 29, 2020
Good Afternoon everyone,
Please what is a reasonable amount to pay for survey (including red copy lodgement), in Surulere Lagos.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abdulwastecx(m): 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
n3xt:

Respect to all the structural engineers in the house. You're the reason the world go round!

That period of waiting taught me a lot. I understand that film-faced plywood is better than timber if you want your concrete to achieve maximum strength.

You are absolutely right!

A learning human is a living human, we live to continuously learn and improve on ourselves.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ganie(m): 1:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
kiekie1:
Deka VRLA/GEl and Trojan VRLA/AGM BATTERIES!!!

DEKA 12v 210ah (VRLA GEL):
20 HR rate : 183AH
Capacity at C/100: 210ah
Plate alloy: Lead Calcium
Container/Cover: Polypropylene
Operating Temp range: -60°C - 60°C
Vent: Self Sealing
Electrolyte: Sulfuric acid thixotropic Gel
Price:220k

TROJAN 12V 205ah (VRLA AGM):
20 HR rate: 210ah .
Maximum Charge Current : 20% of C20
Operating Temp range: -20°C - 50°C
Material: polypropylene
Battery: VRLA/AGM/Non- Spillable/maintenance free
Price:195k

TROJAN 12V 170ah (FLOODED):
Battery Voltage: 12V
Price:118k

SmartcellNuggets: The primary means of energy generation is going to solar. It will at least be a plurality, and probably be a slight majority in the long term.  - "Elon Musk"

Contact,
081-350-31951

Do you sell only the battery?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:30pm On Oct 29, 2020
A collapse in India. Similar to what we discussed recently but with post mortem explanation in Hindu grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ys3tCjF1bk

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:36pm On Oct 29, 2020
n3xt:

Thanks for sharing. Renting props in some cases can also cause this.

One site engineer decide to rent props from a carpenter for his project. The headroom was at 3m but the carpenter was only able to supply a 2.75m bamboo. So he decided to join the props.

The rest was history. The slab came down.

I mentioned this during that discussion.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2020
ganie:

Do you sell only the battery?

Hello, what capacity do you need Sir ?

Contact,
081-350-31951

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 4:42pm On Oct 29, 2020
Muyi002:
POP champs in the house.

Please I am trying to make kind of calculations and I require assistance.

1. Please how many bags of white cement and sponge will deal one sqm for a good quality thickness

2. How is the sponge sold and cost.

Thanks.
2.5 sqm for design /bag
3 sqm for plain /bag
Sponge is 2k /kg
Hope this helps

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by write2obi(m): 5:12pm On Oct 29, 2020
Shezkid01:
Hello guys. I have 9 ceilings in my room..
How much is a carton of tiles
How many park of tiles will I use
And starting price of a tiles carton?

Please I don’t use WhatsApp, just quote me
9 ceilings What's the size of the ceiling?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 5:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
write2obi:

9 ceilings What's the size of the ceiling?
mostly like 12 x12
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
We are presently working on the east side..let’s know if we can handle your project around that axis too...

Electrical
Cctv
Audio system
Fire alarm

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire/32#95476415

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 7:47pm On Oct 29, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Thanks Sir. You talked me into it and there’s been no regret now for all these years.

Both the iron and the welder are good..

Hajji M.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 8:43pm On Oct 29, 2020
Just completed external plastering today.

The roof facial is also of concrete rather the common board.

The next is to start internal plastering.

Now thinking about the order of finishing

1. Wiring
2. Plumbing
3. Stainless rails and balustrade
4. Doors
5. Tiles
6. Painting
7. Fencing
8. Gate

Don't know if this order makes sense, being mindful of those that try to burgle wires

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by waley007(m): 8:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
michlins:
Good morning everyone. I do hope you're all safe even in the midst of this protests. I just want to say I saw your kind words and encouragements and I want to appreciate oga Gbadexy who paid for the door and Oga Spyder who took out time from his busy schedule to review it. I want to appreciate Oga Egunmogaji and N3xt who gave me the needed opportunity to explain my works. I believe such scrutiny is needed to be able to remove the chaffs from the corn especially in this climate of fraud that we live in. I still look forward to doing that job for you oga Egunmogaji. I will do a job most welders around you can't.

My special appreciation goes to you my best customer. Thanks and stay safe
can you construct this gate and how much will it cost

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2020
waley007:
can you construct this gate and how much will it cost
of course I can do it. Would you mind contacting me with the measurements and other details to help me with the pricing.

Good evening sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 9:53pm On Oct 29, 2020
beebah247:
Good Afternoon everyone,
Please what is a reasonable amount to pay for survey (including red copy lodgement), in Surulere Lagos.

Thanks
The size of the land is a factor and the name that will be on the survey plan, whether individual or corporate name, is another factor, then the status of the land is another factor. For more information call or chart me on 08069018449
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Excuzeme: 10:38pm On Oct 29, 2020
GoodFaith:

Are you joking 40k daily
Any time I see u I will park well
Jesus -I need help

Imagine o!
Even those days when we are waiting for Decking to Dry within that 90days, Engineer-Supervisor still collects 40K each day, right? grin grin
I think we have discussed this issue before, all these extortionate percentages will not fly for most individual builders.
How can you expect someone to give you #5M out of his #50M build Capital, just to pop-in a few times or hang around observing or is the Engineer also going to carry trowel and Head Pan ni? grin grin

I know some emergency Engineers are pushing for such greedy percentage but God help them.
I will only call a Consultant in, when l need to do some critical parts and it will be Pay-As-You-Go. undecided
My Builder wil do the rest.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1712) (1713) (1714) (1715) (1716) (1717) (1718) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Aduragbemi45(m), Ohiomoba5 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.