Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,191 members, 7,835,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1801) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4444011 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) (1804) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:23am On Dec 01, 2020
zuraking:
that's my major problem with my dogs. I don't know how to work on that sad sad sad sad

It’s not easy.

You can hire a dog trainer.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2020
Yes Sir... I just evicted one of my tenants that did not pay for September. The process was like taking candy from a baby!!! Three weeks and the door got opened.

One thing i have realized about our people is that we don't like to follow the laid down laws. Then we complain that it don't work. Serve you papers as when due to the tenant as stated my the law, the court will kick them out within three months tops

EgunMogaji2:
A side note and for the benefit of those that might not know especially our diaspora folks.

Nigeria actually has a working judiciary. Very efficient. With lawyers, judges, bailiffs, etc

I sued an artisan recently and was very surprised at the efficiency of the process.

So let’s drop this notion that Nigeria is a lawless society that lacks judicial wherewithal.

Note: I stopped comparing Nigeria to the USA and UK months ago because I live here now (celebrated my 2nd birthday here yesterday). So if you’re going to constantly compare Nigeria to “saner climes” one will just go crazy. Our system works, mostly.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:25am On Dec 01, 2020
n3xt:

Ijebu people everywhere

Na we dey run tinz.

Prince EgunMogaji of Ijebu Ode city.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:26am On Dec 01, 2020
n3xt:

One of my artisans poisoned my Caucasian few years ago.

Wow sorry to hear that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:26am On Dec 01, 2020
n3xt:

LEGGO.

Nigeria’s Construction Sector will be liberated by fire by force grin

_______
Stock woods for my concrete bench project.

Shipping container wood abi? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 8:28am On Dec 01, 2020
Badgers14:

How affordable are this laminate flooring?..

Could you give me a typical quote.. say average quote for a 180sqm using hardwood flooring.

Good Morning : Badger ! Am sorry am just Replying this Mention" av been offline for a while" Using Real Hard wood Flooring for 180sqm would cost at least ₦4.5M
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 01, 2020
Hope you will adequately treat the wood against the elements?
n3xt:

LEGGO.

Nigeria’s Construction Sector will be liberated by fire by force grin

_______
Stock woods for my concrete bench project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:33am On Dec 01, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Shipping container wood abi? grin

Yes and woods from packing case. You can order from me o at shikini money.

To survive in Nigeria, one must have ideas and not just money.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:34am On Dec 01, 2020
n3xt:

Yes and woods from packing case. You can order from me o at shikini money.

To survive in Nigeria, one must have ideas and not just money.

Oya let me have prices.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:42am On Dec 01, 2020
gordonbarrett:
Hope you will adequately treat the wood against the elements?

Those woods are actually treated woods. They’re IPPC heat and methyl bromide treated woods.

I only use IPPC compliant woods for projects like this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISPM_15

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by siralos135: 9:07am On Dec 01, 2020
n3xt:
Let’s digress

Here’s something I’m working on this coming weekend. “Think Different”

By the way it’s not a bibeli and neither is it for the majority.

I just feel like doing cosmetic repairs and upgrades in my compound.
This is a kobokobo diy project. Not for the big boys grin

Sounds very interesting..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 01, 2020
Very interesting. I intend to install hanging pergola soon and this will be a very good choice of wood. How much does it go for?
n3xt:

Those woods are actually treated woods. They’re IPPC heat and methyl bromide treated woods.

I only use IPPC compliant woods for projects like this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISPM_15
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2020
KIDfurniture:
Yes oh brother ole ni everybody. Including you sir.. everybody is out for the profit in Nigeria. I quit furniture biz long time ago sef.. the importers re the bigger thieves while me I be smaller one. From Bricklayer, carpenter, welder , pop guys , tiler , cement sellers , everybody na thief in this Nigeria.

No need dragging or exchanging words with you as it's clear to everyone the kind of person and mentality you have.
At the bolded, are you supposed to do business for loss? You are just another confused man in here

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:43am On Dec 01, 2020
true2home:
Welcome to the "See Through" geng!!! E
ile Aye yii o lee ...KEEP IT SIMPLE

I remember way back when we were discussing security regarding see-through fence and gate. That see-through fence and gate are offer more security. Egun was on the side of very tall fence and dead end gate. From what I'm seeing now e be like say Egun do cross carpet to see-through party.

See-through is not only beautiful but less claustrophobic and doesn't box the compound.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:53am On Dec 01, 2020
gordonbarrett:
Very interesting. I intend to install hanging pergola soon and this will be a very good choice of wood. How much does it go for?

I’ll be right back on this. We don’t have it in large quantity right now.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by valencia2012(m): 10:05am On Dec 01, 2020
I just did my concrete parapet over a month ago courtesy of great tutorials from KolaShangOne, saydfact, seglad2 and Dennis3D. Same goes for muffutau55, Perfecttouchade, Maintain12, skimanski, twinskenny, Nobody, omanzo02 as I approached lintel and decking stage in 2019. Notwithstanding, none of these gentlemen got a job or token appreciation from me!
Even diordaves called out money121 twice to respond to my enquiries on parapet facia, for reasons known only to him, he didn't.
Let's bury this here and now.
Money121 is not a fan of writing or theories. He is a practical, operational and blunt person.
Based on facts on this thread, he has never cheated.
It is his prerogative to respond or not, but in the end, not only does what he knows best, but also gets it exceptionally done. Now, that we know, lets stop the name callings, please.
Give him jobs because he is good at roofing or because he is poor at responses and enlightenments. It's your choice.
We are all thieves. He who is without a sin, cast the first stone!
A little over a month ago after 8 years on nairaland, my job is handled by michlins whom I met here under a week, had a little altercation with, WITHOUT any recommendation or referral or enlightenment, a total stranger. But has taken so much pains to tutor me on almost every iron, steel and metal we come across.
Now, you can see why I love Mercedes while you might prefer Honda?

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:06am On Dec 01, 2020
In other news, we are currently at Lafarge’s Supafix product demonstration and launch.

If you’re not using Supafix tiles adhesive for your tiles installation, you’re not doing it right cool

_______
Please drop your questions if you’d like to know more about the product.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:10am On Dec 01, 2020
300wayne:
dears is it possible to have 1 unit of 1bedroom ( bedroom, living room, dinning, kitchen,toilet and bath) and 1self contain attached (1room, kitchen, toilet and bath ) on a 60ft x 30ft land .....with provision for small space ( say for water thank , sinking of well ecetera) .......please shear if you have a sketch plan of such structure in ur archive.......thanks

Cc rotecch77
saydfact
abdulwastecx
mufutau55
spyder880
atimadesign

Capital YES
It’s very possible and you will still have enough space to pack cars and do small owambe
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 300wayne: 10:21am On Dec 01, 2020
Nagode
rotecch77:

Capital YES
It’s very possible and you will still have enough space to pack cars and do small owambe
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 10:31am On Dec 01, 2020
You completely missed the point, but issokay #WeMove

[quote author=n3xt post=96596266]

It’s possible! Nothing is impossible.

Jesus do not have mega-auditorium and private jet like most pastors today. Yet, he’s Greatest-Of-All-Time.

Whether Oyedepo can preach from cover to cover doesn’t make him assistant Jesus grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:39am On Dec 01, 2020
#Supafix Update

Supafix is a C1 grade of adhesive.

Gum seller in the local market just call it gum not adhesive. They don’t tell you whether it is C1 or C2 class of adhesive.

Add 4 liters of water to the 20kg cement.

Straight wall will cover minimum of 5sqm (more cheaper and stronger than regular cement)

You don’t need to soak you tiles in water. It sticks in 1 hour.

If you’re a DIYer, you may not need a tiler.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:39am On Dec 01, 2020
megacontrol:
You completely missed the point, but issokay #WeMove

Baba #WeMove
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 10:41am On Dec 01, 2020
Hello,

Does anyone have a pick up truck or anything slightly bigger that i can hire to move items between Sangotedo and Lekki today for about two trips?

Pls signify and we'll take it up offline.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 10:46am On Dec 01, 2020
Pls any idea how much these tanks sells for in Lagos?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaytime(m): 10:53am On Dec 01, 2020
megacontrol:
Hello,

Does anyone have a pick up truck or anything slightly bigger that i can hire to move items between Sangotedo and Lekki today for about two trips?

Pls signify and we'll take it up offline.

Thanks
Like a Dyna truck right?
Hit me up on WhatsApp let's talk. I'm on Ajah- Ibeju Lekki corridor. 08123275855
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:06am On Dec 01, 2020
#supafix update

With Supafix, you can hardly remove the tiles 1 min after installation.

European standard of adhesive

C0
C1
C2

C0 and C1 are for internal use only. C2 is for external use. Lafarge C02 will be ready by next year.

Within 1 hour after applying the adhesive you have to break the tiles.

You can start tiling from up down. It won’t slide or move when installed.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:12am On Dec 01, 2020
Hello sirs

Please a regular plot in the east is 120by60 or 120by50
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 11:13am On Dec 01, 2020
n3xt:
#supafix update

With Supafix, you can hardly remove the tiles 1 min after installation.

European standard of adhesive

C0
C1
C2

C0 and C1 are for internal use only. C2 is for external use. Lafarge C02 will be ready by next year.

Within 1 hour after applying the adhesive you have to break the tiles.

You can start tiling from up down. It won’t slide or move when installed.

This is good but you have to be a professional to use this.. cause any mistake you won’t be able to remove the tiles easily
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:17am On Dec 01, 2020
Promo Price #2100 #1950 per bag (Today Only)

20kg Bag of Supafix Tile Adhesive will cover 5sqm

50kg Bag of Regular Cement will cover 4sqm (including sand used for screeding)

Minimum order is 50 bags. (free delivery this weekend only)

________
If your blockwall is straight, you don’t need to plaster your wall before applying the Supafix adhesive.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2020
twinskenny:

This is good but you have to be a professional to use this.. cause any mistake you won’t be able to remove the tiles easily

Yes! But it’s game changer as you don’t need sharp sand when you have a leveled floor.

You can also do tiles on tiles.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jaytime(m): 11:26am On Dec 01, 2020
megacontrol:
Pls any idea how much these tanks sells for in Lagos?
It sold for 25k - 30k four months ago.
That's 1000 litres.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:26am On Dec 01, 2020
Supafix - Rock Solid. When the mix is right, it won’t fall off your trowel.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) (1804) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Geekop and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.