Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,170 members, 7,835,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1800) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4443867 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) ... (3679) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 5:12am On Dec 01, 2020
n3xt:

grin

One is a seat while the other is a bench.

Ok oo cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 5:17am On Dec 01, 2020
GoodFaith:

Did you ask Agen to come out
and give you measurement ?
Call Sunny he will send somebody out

Are you a marketer or promoter for agen?
Just curious though

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 5:31am On Dec 01, 2020
GoodFaith:

"although it his duty to clarify the game behind roofing."
That was all
Our duty as a beneficiary from Nairaland. are clarify things
That was all that was expected not all the smart comment and drama

Like it's a must right? Like he swore to an oath to do that. People that patronized him did at their own risk n non has complained so far which means he's on the good side so far till there is any complain.
You can call him out nicely and wait for his response n if he decides not to respond, that's his choice n those who still feel comfortable with the attitude will still patronize him.
What do u stand to gain dragging him n from all looks, you seem to intentionally want to drag him and promote your agen or Sunny
U can do your promotion without dragging anyone Sir. Peace to all.
Money121, it's better you are silent than allow yourself to be pushed to anger and type uncultured statements, contribute your quota n we move

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 5:59am On Dec 01, 2020
All the roofers na ole including money 121 but that's his own hustle.. they must add extras. He is just an agent na he must make profits...God bless nairaland.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:12am On Dec 01, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

You’re right about that but it’s there grin
it should run from top to down sir. That one na "stopper" as we call it but that's not what you need
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Leezah(f): 6:12am On Dec 01, 2020
AlphaDigitals:
yeah

Can you pls chat me or maybe call
Thanks
A quick one Sir, honestly CofO in process very difficult to see a buyer. You want to sell a land that the CofO is in process, get the paperwork complete then sell. Happy new month

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:13am On Dec 01, 2020
n3xt:

Twitter? That’s nice!

My new design? Me that I’m confused already. It’d be something in between ancient and modern.

I’m 100% certain it’d be horizontal slat + wrought iron design. I intend to lower the fence too.

Yeah. There’s no need to stay with the mundane anymore when good designs liter the web.

Next project are several metal bench seats. Picking up the metal stocks tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:18am On Dec 01, 2020
abraolas1:

link to your thread
https://www.nairaland.com/4088969/classy-iron-works

Thanks for following the thread

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:19am On Dec 01, 2020
michlins:
it should run from top to down sir. That one na "stopper" as we call it but that's not what you need

This is exactly what I want/need actually. I’m going for a minimalist look hence why I reduced the length. It satisfies the purpose for me.

Most of my neighbors don’t even have fence, talk less gate cheesy

Stopper is the least of their worries.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:22am On Dec 01, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

This is exactly what I want/need actually. Minimalist.

Most of my neighbors don’t even have fence, talk less gate cheesy

Stopper is the least of their worries.
like I said, it's not to stop thieves but to give them a hard time. My former compound had two dogs but the day theives came to steal my motorcycle, none of the dogs barked neither did anyone in the compound hear a drop of pin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:25am On Dec 01, 2020
michlins:
like I said, it's not to stop thieves but to give them a hard time. My former compound had two dogs but the day theives came to steal my motorcycle, none of the dogs barked neither did anyone in the compound hear a drop of pin

Such is life.

They just assassinated Iran’s Chief Nuclear Scientist. A heavily guarded person grin

I can’t stop thief. I can only encourage him to move to an easier target.

I believe in my Dogs.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 6:28am On Dec 01, 2020
Welcome to the "See Through" geng!!! E
ile Aye yii o lee ...KEEP IT SIMPLE

n3xt:

I’ll do it too.

Interested persons should dm for more details.

Gate only 200k

Gate with Centurion Automatic Gate Opener - 400k (working perfectly, buy and customize your own remote N10k pere)

Additional features
- 5m gear rack installed
- Centurion gate roller installed

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 6:33am On Dec 01, 2020
michlins:
probably dogs that are just in for the food grin. I have 2 aggressive German Shepherd. I think it's only poison that can give intruder access to my compound.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:34am On Dec 01, 2020
KIDfurniture:
All the roofers na ole including money 121 but that's his own hustle.. they must add extras. He is just an agent na he must make profits...God bless nairaland.

You fall hand bro!

You can as well call me a thief/agent na for the following reasons:

- owning a construction company without carrying hammer
- owning a design firm without sitting down to draw plans everyday
- owning concrete mixers, poker vibrators without carrying concrete
- owning dump truck without visiting quarry
- owning formwork without doing carpentary work.
- owning block/paving stone industries without mixing sand

I’m still at loss as to why we resort to name calling instead of finding solution to the various issues rocking naija’s business space.

Instead of attacking people up and down, deal with reputable roofing company that can be sued if any issue arise. How’s that a problem for God’s sake?

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:36am On Dec 01, 2020
true2home:
Welcome to the "See Through" geng!!! E
ile Aye yii o lee ...KEEP IT SIMPLE

Are you a minimalist or generalist? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 6:38am On Dec 01, 2020
Minimalist by Birth...IJEBU...lmao

n3xt:

Are you a minimalist or generalist? grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:41am On Dec 01, 2020
One4me:

CHARACTER is not something you drop, peel-off and pick up, like a piece of Shirt!
I am not about whether he was dragged into the conversation or whether the did a job for the person complaining, l am about how he responded, in a charged situation.
That is where your Character comes-in, as someone who renders service to others for a living.
There are many, many Service Providers here, who have been in the same position as he is, but they did not react the way he did.
He can still make his point, rebuff the 'attack' on his person (if that is the way he sees it), while still maintaining a high level of courtesy and decorum.
I remember that @Chekitaut has been called out the same way, about six years ago and he was the first person who show-cased the different tricks of Sand/Granite suppliers, and he keeps doing so. (Yoodi, Ashewo, Tanshee, etc grin ).
If you are an authority in a certain line of business, it is expected that when issues of integrity are raised in your line of business, you will rise-up to the occasion and speak out, clearly enlighten people about how they can navigate the various tricks, not insult them because you are angry.

I dont want to mention names but do you think someone like @gbadexy would have called one of us here "Eeleribu", jus because he was dragged or drawn?
Other providers who have done same include the Cable seller (AlCopacetic, not heard of him for some time now, Rotech has done it, Endiasami has done it, etc )

Like l said, the True Character of a person is not known, until they are in one of those situations that would either bring out the beast in them or the Angel in them.
Human management is very important, if you want to go far in business.
Be Angry, but DO NOT SIN. undecided Even after people cautioned him, he still continues to respond in the same manner, days after.
#IComeInPeace.

[b]BTW: I used the words "Nice and Evil", in the same sentence, to show contrast, both words are not meant to be understood and interpreted at face value.[/b]
Also, if you go to one of my previous posts, you would see where l recommended him and he appreciated it, so dont think l fall into the category of those who have a beef with him.
Other People are your Mirror, they see what you wont see in yourself and it is through them that you see yourself.
He can take this as a learning experience, to improve his personality or he can take offense and pick enemies, it is his choice.

The following is your statement that I called out.

I keep reading the phrase: Did you add any value to my business, did you patronise me?
That phrase above makes me think that when the Tables are turned, such Contractors pretending to be nice people, will show their evil side.
We are learning everyday, it is always good to see a man, when he is angry or assumes power or comes into money

It is not a complement to say someone you hardly know is pretending to be nice and that if table is turn will show his evil side. The discussion on this thread doesn't called for such comment. Good character that we are preaching dictates that we take responsibility when others take our word at face value. I honestly don't know how else to interpret the statement.

It is a disservice to money121 if we did not look at the beginning of the issue at hand. It started from the posting of agen invoice and the complement posted by a client on how Imran save her money and then the complement was poopoo on that if the woman had been more diligent she would have saved more money. It went down hill from there.
I may be wrong but the picture I see is that someone is trying to bring down Imiran to promote agen.

I have already said that Money121 could have been more polish in his response but fairness require us not to be blind to the action of others in this case

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 6:43am On Dec 01, 2020
n3xt:

Lovely. Thanks for sharing
However wall mount won't be firm or work well with our hollow block since the hammer driven wall anchor bolt need full and firm grip to withstand the weights, but I think it will work with solid block if properly installed.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:45am On Dec 01, 2020
zuraking:
probably dogs that are just in for the food grin. I have 2 aggressive German Shepherd. I think it's only poison that can give intruder access to my compound.

And the poison has to miraculously land in their food plate cause mine have been trained not to eat except from their Individual food plates.

My prayer is that it’s not my house with two raging Dobermans is where they want.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 6:50am On Dec 01, 2020
n3xt:

You fall hand bro!

You can as well call me a thief/agent na for the following reasons:

- owning a construction company without carrying hammer
- owning a design firm without sitting down to draw plans everyday
- owning concrete mixers, poker vibrators without carrying concrete
- owning dump truck without visiting quarry
- owning formwork without doing carpentary work.
- owning block/paving stone industries without mixing sand

I’m still at loss as to why we resort to name calling instead of finding solution to the various issues rocking naija’s business space.

Instead of attacking people up and down, deal with reputable roofing company that can be sued if any issue arise. How’s that a problem for God’s sake?

The problem is that an allowed privilege is now been taken by them as their rights as been members of the esteemed thread.

Anyways
Happy New Month of December to all members and a special one to the Projenitor of the thread, The Elder States Men and Seniors in the platform from inception till date.
Whatever the economy wants to be God no go shame us. The Almighty God will strengthen us to achieve that we have started and always make provisions for and to us to accomplish the tasks at hand.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:54am On Dec 01, 2020
Happy New Month

More sales
More fund

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 6:58am On Dec 01, 2020
KIDfurniture:

Can we say all furniture makers are ole including KIDfurniture but that's his hustle. Apply caution Sir, that's an accusation and if taking seriously you can be in deep shit if we not in Nigeria.
God, it's not a must we all type nah

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:06am On Dec 01, 2020
A side note and for the benefit of those that might not know especially our diaspora folks.

Nigeria actually has a working judiciary. Very efficient. With lawyers, judges, bailiffs, etc

I sued an artisan recently and was very surprised at the efficiency of the process.

So let’s drop this notion that Nigeria is a lawless society that lacks judicial wherewithal.

Note: I stopped comparing Nigeria to the USA and UK months ago because I live here now (celebrated my 2nd birthday here yesterday). So if you’re going to constantly compare Nigeria to “saner climes” one will just go crazy. Our system works, mostly.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 7:08am On Dec 01, 2020
Meanwhile, some one shared a photo of a brt yesterday with the indoor a.c unit dripping water within 5minute on Transit and many people commented that most of the brt buses has that issue. we sincerely lack maintainance culture especially when it's goverment property, even though it's being managed by a private firm which we would have expected good management n maintenance. Who did we offend ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:12am On Dec 01, 2020
true2home:

Ijebu people everywhere

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:22am On Dec 01, 2020
true2home:

my Inlaw grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:32am On Dec 01, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

And the poison has to miraculously land in their food plate cause mine have been trained not to eat except from their Individual food plates.

My prayer is that it’s not my house with two raging Dobermans is where they want.

One of my artisans poisoned my Caucasian few years ago.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 7:45am On Dec 01, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

that's my major problem with my dogs. I don't know how to work on that sad sad sad sad

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:04am On Dec 01, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Yeah. There’s no need to stay with the mundane anymore when good designs liter the web.

Next project are several metal bench seats. Picking up the metal stocks tomorrow.

LEGGO.

Nigeria’s Construction Sector will be liberated by fire by force grin

_______
Stock woods for my concrete bench project.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:09am On Dec 01, 2020
Wood Projects // Ideas

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 8:11am On Dec 01, 2020
Yes oh brother ole ni everybody. Including you sir.. everybody is out for the profit in Nigeria. I quit furniture biz long time ago sef.. the importers re the bigger thieves while me I be smaller one. From Bricklayer, carpenter, welder , pop guys , tiler , cement sellers , everybody na thief in this Nigeria.

Horlardorjah:

Can we say all furniture makers are ole including KIDfurniture but that's his hustle. Apply caution Sir, that's an accusation and if taking seriously you can be in deep shit if we not in Nigeria.
God, it's not a must we all type nah

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 8:16am On Dec 01, 2020
After God, Na we Dem!

n3xt:

Ijebu people everywhere

(1) (2) (3) ... (1797) (1798) (1799) (1800) (1801) (1802) (1803) ... (3679) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.