Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,765 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:44 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1846) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4388181 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1843) (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 1:19pm On Dec 19, 2020
Moda1:
Thanks so after the 10yrs , it wears off?
no, it doesn't wear off, that is just the warranty giving by the manufacturer on the tiles
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Moda1: 1:33pm On Dec 19, 2020
Thanks for answering this
mountmoriah:
no, it doesn't wear off, that is just the warranty giving by the manufacturer on the tiles
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 1:59pm On Dec 19, 2020
Moda1:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2020
Moda1:
you are welcome
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:55pm On Dec 19, 2020
n3xt:

This reminded me of the sordid event that happened to one of my big aunties and her 2 boys in 2002 who lost their lives during a fire outbreak at their residence in Bodija, Ibadan.

https://nigeriaworld.com/columnist/uzokwe/061902.html

Condolences. The issue is very real.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:42pm On Dec 19, 2020
michlins:
some sentiments should be left for the west. We live in a precarious place and we don't have the luxury of choice. Whichever way we can scrape out a living and is legitimate, do it. When we get to the top, we can join the rules
Wonderful comment @michilin
The Oyinbos started claiming right for animals after human life got very better for them.
Make Nigeria leave Western world wey dey live 21st century life. Let's jejely live our 16th century life o.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2020
diordaves:

An eight year old child should not be fiddling with electrod, sparks, cutting and grinding tools.

There's a solution already. The child should go back to school to acquire basic education to a minimum of JSS level and can then learn a trade in a safe structured environment IF proven to be struggling with academic learning.

Child labour and exploitation is real. There's the United Nations convention against child labour and exploitation to which Nigeria is a signitory.

My eight years old boy will not "learn work" but go to school. I wish same for all children particularly Africa children No under age labour on my site and I will not buy any product I'm aware is made from/by child labour.

Every child has an unqualified (human) right to education to SSS level.

It is sad to read here such lackadaisical attitude to child labour.

As a business owner, not encouraging child labour is part of your Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR). This is part of what you give back to society.

Not a bad one sir. But over educational system needs a thorough overhauling.
I saw a documentary of a Chinese family, a 5 yr old boy can couple a touch light and radio excellently.
More of practicals will help.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:52pm On Dec 19, 2020
michlins:
point out where I said I have an eight years old under my employ.

Society failed him and he choose to take up his own destiny
I hear jare.
Education should have been free if the society wanted him to get one.
Graduates now call education scam in Nigeria.
More higher institutions but no industries.
Some establishment excluding educational institutions will be shutting down next year.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bigcountry234: 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
n3xt:

Sagamu, Ogun State.

Lifting from Isara Quarry

Oh thought is Ibadan,thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2020
n3xt:

Clement | Carpenter | 08060694043

He’s currently in Cotonou and should be back by Monday.
Please kindly be patient with him. He does not understand nor speak queens english.
But he can join wood A with wood B to make a perfect and desired figure X that is missing.
Wonderful Carpenter Clement.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2020
OAK Group remains your plug to wonderfully designed structures.
Contact us today for your architectural designs and building constructional works.
People in diaspora too can count on us. We deliver ultimately.
+2348108408732

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 4:23pm On Dec 19, 2020
Hi sirs/Mas

Good afternoon. Please, how much do you think the workmanship of doing POP for a 3 bedroom bungalow will cost? The person that want to do it said 222k. Please what do you think is the fair price. Thank you!

Regards,

Henry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2020
uncleteeh:

But he can join wood A with wood B to make a perfect and desired figure X that is missing.
Wonderful Carpenter Clement.

You sabi the answer to the equation.

Understanding and dealing with artisans is another major issue we don’t often talk about here and it is very important.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2020
uncleteeh:
OAK Group remains your plug to wonderfully designed structures.
Contact us today for your architectural designs and building constructional works.
People in diaspora too can count on us. We deliver ultimately.
+2348108408732

Clean job. Well done!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:36pm On Dec 19, 2020
bigcountry234:

Oh thought is Ibadan,thanks.

I got same amount in Ibadan 2 months ago
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:02pm On Dec 19, 2020
[s]Wanted Urgently

Dm if you have good offer for 0.55 longspan aluminum.

Thanks.[/s]

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 5:52pm On Dec 19, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
When I was Mr. Americana I hated to see young people on my sites. I felt it wasn’t a good move because I was measuring things with an American yardstick.

After I became tenured on the ground then I started seeing a lot of things differently.

That kid at the construction site could as well be the bread winner for his family. There are lots of complicated and maddening circumstances in Nigeria.

What I do is ensure that young folks are not tasked beyond their capacity and they get an education. Let me explain. For example I taught one to know why they count number of pans.

The younger folks get extra cash from me directly at the end of the day.

The numbskuls making laws up and down are consciousless twits who are isolated from the realities on the ground. I don’t use those as justification.

Most of the self made millionaires in the USA are trade people.

Please don’t quote me as I didn’t quote anybody. I have running stomach grin
and I quote..."running stomach"

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by wole212(m): 5:59pm On Dec 19, 2020
n3xt:

I got same amount in Ibadan 2 months ago
Wow that’s cool, a good buy.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 6:16pm On Dec 19, 2020
Guys, please assist with correct prices of

1. White Cement, Gauge 40 for tiling
2. Tiles spacer
3. White gum for tiles

Would really appreciate any guide
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 7:54pm On Dec 19, 2020
coldcandy:
Education is not only for certificates and employment.
Education is for the development of the human person, his intellect and general awareness of his surroundings.
A skilled millionaire who is a social misfit is of no use to the society.
Let everyone be able to read, write, speak and think/reason in at least one language.

A young child learning how to fix things is not education for you.
It's common thing to say a hausa or igbo man is illiterate, when he/she can read and write in a given language (definition of literacy).
But because he or she can not speak English he is an illiterate.

He is receiving or giving systematic instruction and the workshop is the school or university

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 19, 2020
n3xt:

Clement | Carpenter | 08060694043

He’s currently in Cotonou and should be back by Monday.
Please kindly be patient with him. He does not understand nor speak queens english.

Am grateful.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:53pm On Dec 19, 2020
omanzo02:

How many pieces or sqm are usually in a carton?

60 x 60 is 4pcs. Total of 1.44m².
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 10:07pm On Dec 19, 2020
multikolour:
A young child learning how to fix things is not education for you.
It's common thing to say a hausa or igbo man is illiterate, when he/she can read and write in a given language (definition of literacy).
But because he or she can not speak English he is an illiterate.

He is receiving or giving systematic instruction and the workshop is the school or university
Go back and read slowly the post u quoted. Read again and translate it to your native language for better understanding. Then come back and state where i said skills acquisition is not education.

If your blacksmith workshop is your school or university, good for you.
If your shop at alaba mkt is your polytechnic, that is fantastic.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by darenyx(m): 12:54am On Dec 20, 2020
igbonla:
A ghost follower of this thread for a long while, but want to commend @darenyx and @QSFemi for their professionalism and very nice disposition. I contacted both gentlemen and ended up commissioning them for their services, I got seamless experiences that were expeditiously delivered and wished life with Nigerians was that easy!

I picked @darenyx because of the recommendation by @EgunMogaji2 while @QSFemi's reputation precedes him, he is all over the thread dishing out free opinions.

Thanks guys and best of luck in your journey.

Thanks for trusting us �

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by platorepublic(m): 4:31am On Dec 20, 2020
Jasobry:

I was told today by a cement distributor that the current price of cement is caused by them(major distributor) and that the cabals want them to maximise profit for now. He said the government wont interfare,because they are involved.

Absolutely you are right
Dangote and Lafarge Cement as not add a kobo to price of cement but the major distributors are hoarding the product to create artificial scarcity thereby inflating the price. Since we have a dummy President that won't intervere the masses will continue to bear the consequence.

The Price is coming down thou, some of them are now selling it at N3,000 when they realize that people are no longer buying the product as they used to do

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:52am On Dec 20, 2020
Good morning and happy Sunday to everyone. Well I just received this images from the site of our own who ordered this gate. The video is just so funny but it's captioned in Igbo language.

The last image is the sample while the first three are my mine

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by henrymor: 6:55am On Dec 20, 2020
Hi sirs/Mas

Good afternoon. Please, how much do you think the workmanship of doing POP for a 3 bedroom bungalow will cost? The person that want to do it said 222k. Please what do you think is the fair price. Thank you!

Regards,

Henry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:02am On Dec 20, 2020
henrymor:
Hi sirs/Mas

Regards,

Henry
whats the sqm?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:06am On Dec 20, 2020
coldcandy:

Go back and read slowly the post u quoted. Read again and translate it to your native language for better understanding. Then come back and state where i said skills acquisition is not education.

If your blacksmith workshop is your school or university, good for you.
If your shop at alaba mkt is your polytechnic, that is fantastic.

grin

While education is on every man’s agenda as a very important issue, it is astonishing that the notion of what it means to be educated is often misconstrued.

Our world is currently undergoing massive transformations almost on a daily basis and we never seems to transform our notion of what it means to be educated.

A lot of people still feel education only entail knowing literature and poetry, understanding scientific principles and the basics of mathematics, being versatile in more than one language, ability to read and write, having certificates...

One would have naturally assumed that most of the graduates and university lecturers roaming our streets will be the ones teaching us here just like we have on Lynda, Coursera, Udemy, Skillshare, edX etc.

But what do we have?

The curriculum of the current school system (in Nigeria) bears no relation to the finished products we (or let me say I) seek.

The earlier we start to rethink what it means to be educated and begin to focus on a new conception of the very idea of education, the better for us.

About this time every year, I always gather young graduates, not to teach them trigonometry and other intellectual and scholarly subjects being taught in the high school, but to equip them with skills that focuses more on human issues like communications, or basic psychology, goal setting, business and leadership skills etc thus shape them for the modern day realities.

I teach people to think and act, not write and read. They’re two different things.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jiday4(m): 8:31am On Dec 20, 2020
KolaShangOne:

Its cheaper and doesnt get eaten by termites.

But aesthetically, it doesnt look good. Its spongy and turns black-ish.

Thank you sir , have taken mine mind off it , will try save more and buy the right wood

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:53am On Dec 20, 2020
jiday4:

Thank you sir , have taken mine mind off it , will try save more and buy the right wood

A wise decision Sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jiday4(m): 8:59am On Dec 20, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

A wise decision Sir.

Learning from you and all the Elders in the house, what an elder sees while sitting down , a child that climb a tree won't sees it even while using telescope.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1843) (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Zzzdd and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.