Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1847) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4431948 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 9:32am On Dec 20, 2020
GoodFaith:

Oh man taking your time O
What is the price for bricklayer at PH
35 12mm iron
25 bags of cements
5k for 1/2 binding wire
Welder 3oK
Do your home work
two sokaway is costing me about 345k excluding block and cements
12x 6 and 12feet deep
about 32 bags of cements , I am giving the dude hell
One of the soakaway need to be decked
37 12mm iron for two soakaway one with decking
That soakaway thing doesn't come cheap, got mine quotation I was like "ridiculous amount for feces & urine"?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 12:32pm On Dec 20, 2020
henrymor:
Hi sirs/Mas

Good afternoon. Please, how much do you think the workmanship of doing POP for a 3 bedroom bungalow will cost? The person that want to do it said 222k. Please what do you think is the fair price. Thank you!

Regards,

Henry
What kind of POP?
Ceiling? Wall? Wall Screed and to what extent is the job scope?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:47pm On Dec 20, 2020
jiday4:

Thank you sir, have taken my mind off it, will try save more and buy the right wood

Smart move. I guarantee you’d be glad you did.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
Was just reading this...

https://dailytrust.com/cement-price-hike-unsettles-contractors-masses

platorepublic:

Absolutely you are right
Dangote and Lafarge Cement as not add a kobo to price of cement but the major distributors are hoarding the product to create artificial scarcity thereby inflating the price. Since we have a dummy President that won't intervere the masses will continue to bear the consequence.

The Price is coming down thou, some of them are now selling it at N3,000 when they realize that people are no longer buying the product as they used to do
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:51pm On Dec 20, 2020
princenomics:
Good afternoon House, please where can I buy coconut fiber? I want to construct my biodigester myself.

Did you eventually get this? Please do not hesitate to share your project with us.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 2:07pm On Dec 20, 2020
How many square meter of POP ceiling can one bag pop Cement produce?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SoftP(m): 3:04pm On Dec 20, 2020
Please what’s the recent price of cement.
Kindly quote comment and get me updated, Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 3:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
Not yet oooooh!
No wahala. I will definitely share it with the house.
n3xt:

Did you eventually get this? Please do not hesitate to share your project with us.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 3:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
SoftP:
Please what’s the recent price of cement.
Kindly quote comment and get me updated, Thanks

Benin city 4k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 5:30pm On Dec 20, 2020
gabbytabby:
Chekitaut how much is 20 tonne and 30 tonne sharp sand to Ayobo.

It does not have to be shaka odo ogun
75k & 90k respectively. Ma.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 5:59pm On Dec 20, 2020
soonest:

Benin city 4k
#3800 Port Harcourt
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:37pm On Dec 20, 2020
Godisgreatest1:

#3800 Port Harcourt
it is well, hope it comes down more if not plaster postponed

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2020
Please what's the current price for cement in Lagos? Any possibility of the price comes down? And how soon?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 7:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
Cement price hike, we should stop disturbing ourselves over it, Dangote is silent about it, no regulatory bodies on price control. There is this loading order call ATC mostly with Dangote, you can believe even without logistics the dealers claim there reason for price hike still sell the ATC @₦2900-3100. I think we are actually the reason we are where we are. Greed, Anarchy, Self-centred the reason we can not grow in Nigeria.

Do you realise far north cement is not sold @ the rediculious price sold in other part of Nigeria.

We go get sense last last.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 7:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
Chekitaut:
Cement price hike, we should stop disturbing ourselves over it, Dangote is silent about it, no regulatory bodies on price control. There is this loading order call ATC mostly with Dangote, you can believe even without logistics the dealers claim there reason for price hike still sell the ATC @₦2900-3100. I think we are actually the reason we are where we are. Greed, Anarchy, Self-centred the reason we can not grow in Nigeria.

Do you realise far north cement is not sold @ the rediculious price sold in other part of Nigeria.

Any possibility for the price dropping less than or equal to #3000 before the new year?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SLAP44: 8:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
Chekitaut:

You, my friend are one of those visionless, directionless floating nigerians who will rather engage their mouths, before thinking of engaging their brains in public discourse. How you came up with the gibberish you wrote up there without being a cement dealer beats my imagination. None of you here ever went to the cement companies to do any investigative work to know how the price rose that much, but you will be here throwing words around to confuse yourself and others on what you know nothing about.

In this your rubbish post, you admitted Dangote is silent, the government are also silent, but you must talk, and talk whatever comes to your head. You heard they sell ATC for 3000, no verification on how much they got it, or the kick back they offered to get it despite the official cost and you believed it and blamed your fellow suffering Nigerians. Tomorrow now you will all start a riot and kill all cement dealers and the government and Dangote will be laughing at your inflated idiocy.

Yes, far north is selling cement normal, and that becomes an indictment on southern dealers, and you never asked if there are penalties the southern dealers are paying behind the scenes to even get a single supply? In your mind, the south is corrupt, and the north is clean.

You people should get out there and investigate. Not running your mouths like a tap.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 8:10pm On Dec 20, 2020
SLAP44:

You, my friend are one of those visionless, directionless floating....
You people should get out there and investigate. Not running your mouths like a tap.

As per your name, you give am 44 SLAP.
But you haven't said what is behind the high cost.

13 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 8:12pm On Dec 20, 2020
SLAP44:

You, my friend are one of those visionless, directionless floating nigerians who will rather engage their mouths, before thinking of engaging their brains in public discourse. How you came up with the gibberish you wrote up there without being a cement dealer beats my imagination. None of you here ever went to the cement companies to do any investigative work to know how the price rose that much, but you will be here throwing words around to confuse yourself and others on what you know nothing about.

In this your rubbish post, you admitted Dangote is silent, the government are also silent, but you must talk, and talk whatever comes to your head. You heard they sell ATC for 3000, no verification on how much they got it, or the kick back they offered to get it despite the official cost and you believed it and blamed your fellow suffering Nigerians. Tomorrow now you will all start a riot and kill all cement dealers and the government and Dangote will be laughing at your inflated idiocy.

Yes, far north is selling cement normal, and that becomes an indictment on southern dealers, and you never asked if there are penalties the southern dealers are paying behind the scenes to even get a single supply? In your mind, the south is corrupt, and the north is clean.

What my dealer told me was that Dangote company is hoarding the product. Many distributors but less supply, so these distributors start tipping and bidding high in order to be supplied. That the highest bidder is sure of supply and this adds to the cost of cement. I don't know how true it is but it kind of made sense to me

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SLAP44: 8:22pm On Dec 20, 2020
soonest:

What my dealer told me was that Dangote company is hoarding the product. Many distributors but less supply, so these distributors start tipping and bidding high in order to be supplied. That the highest bidder is sure of supply and this adds to the cost of cement. I don't know how true it is but it kind of made sense to me

Your account is more plausible, because in all of these, the product is still very scarce. I believe that a lot of bribery and corruption is ongoing at the CEMENT COMPANIES, they are profiting from the scarcity and because some certain northerners (names withheld) who sponsored this administration are profiting, the sleaze can go on.

But do the MASSES know this? NO.
What are they doing? BLAMING THEMSELVES.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 8:27pm On Dec 20, 2020
But if dangote cement is hoarding their product by creating scarcity in order to inflate the price. What about other cement makers like Elephant, Ibeto and others.

The difference in their price with Dangote cement is not more than #200.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 8:29pm On Dec 20, 2020
soonest:

Benin city 4k

Delta 4100
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SLAP44: 8:31pm On Dec 20, 2020
mank1234:

As per your name, you give am 44 SLAP.
But you haven't said what is behind the high cost.

What is behind the price hike is corruption, and it's happening on 3 levels.

Level one is where the manufacturer decides to leave a supply gap, citing disruptions like covid19 and the endsars riots, then hoard the products and release them in drips, to the highest bidders who are ready to pay from the backdoor to get supplied, because there is a large demand.

Level two corruption is among the dealers themselves, and they do that is by increasing prices exponentially to cover their losses which they are already incurring from customers who paid earlier at low cost, they must raise prices or relocate to their villages.

Level three is the government who will look at where it is happening and say, "after all its not affecting our people, so the south can kill themselves, after all they brought the endsars wahala on themselves"

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SLAP44: 8:35pm On Dec 20, 2020
neduboo:
But if dangote cement is hoarding their product by creating scarcity in order to inflate the price. What about other cement makers like Elephant, Ibeto and others.

I have news for you, Dangote has a lot of market share, if they hoard (or export) cement, the rest cannot meet up with the local demand, and the borders were shut down so Ibeto cannot import and small smugglers cannot buy across the border.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:41pm On Dec 20, 2020
neduboo:

Ibeto is currently the major dealer of BUA cement here in Nnewi. He's yet to build a quarry in Nigeria and there's a ban on importation of cement. I heard he's building on in Nkalagu but hit a roadblock because of revenue sharing formula between the owners of the land and him.

Kindly take this information with a pinch of salt because it's street story and nothing is confirmed

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:43pm On Dec 20, 2020
SLAP44:

What is behind the price hike is corruption, and it's happening on 3 levels.

Level one is where the manufacturer decides to leave a supply gap, citing disruptions like covid19 and the endsars riots, then hoard the products and release them in dries, to the highest bidders who are ready to pay from the backdoor to get supplied, because there is a large demand.

Level two corruption is among the dealers themselves, and they do that is by increasing costs exponentially to cover their losses which they are already incurring from customers who paid earlier at low cost, they must raise prices or relocate to their villages.

Level three is the government who will look at where it is happening and say, "after all its not affecting our people, so the south can kill themselves, after all they brought the endsars wahala on themselves"

You’re 100% right!

In addition to this, I think the crisis in sango-otta axis is also affecting supply.
Most of Lafarge’s supplies are coming from the recently revived Sagamu plant.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yinkaoke(f): 8:45pm On Dec 20, 2020
Great people compliment of the season
Please which spot light or pop light is best and finer for sitting room pop and is there any particular brand that best?

Please see pictures below, there is still one very small one please which is best as l planned cancealing wall bracket to manage cost

Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by laluski(m): 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2020
Hello
Good day.

A client needs Steel sheet piles, any thickness and make.

Size : 450mm width
12mt long.

Quantity: 2000

12mm / 10mm thickness acceptable
BUT the width MUST be 450mm (17.5inches) not 24 inches.
Finally length MUST be 40ft (12m) long.

DM me with pictures, amount and location for inspection To 08082626462
Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 8:50pm On Dec 20, 2020
Thanks SLAP44 for this exposition. I guess this implies that the price will come down soon.

Guys let's continue the wait game except if you're at critical stage.

I discouraged someone that wanted to buy 100 bags to pause his profect, if we all do this, I think they'll be force to have a rethink.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 8:52pm On Dec 20, 2020
Please someone should assist with response to this question:

How many square meter of POP ceiling can one bag of POP Cement cover?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2020
Please I want to know a friend of mine is seriously contemplating if he should use Gerald roofing, long span steptiles or metcopo for his building. The engineer is insisting he use Gerald to bring out the beauty of the precast parapet work and for him not to regret later on using metcopo.

I want to know can't long span steptiles or metcopo be use on parapet must it be Gerald roofing sheet? Most of if not all buildings around here with precast or cast parapets uses Gerald roofing sheets
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:03pm On Dec 20, 2020
mank1234:
Thanks SLAP44 for this exposition. I guess this implies that the price will come down soon.

Guys let's continue the wait game except if you're at critical stage.

I discouraged someone that wanted to buy 100 bags to pause his profect, if we all do this, I think they'll be force to have a rethink.

We also need to be careful of cheap prices and the dealers we deal with because a lot of cement rebagging is ongoing. Two dealers were caught last week.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:18pm On Dec 20, 2020
n3xt:

We also need to be careful of cheap prices and the dealers we deal with because a lot of cement rebagging is ongoing. Two dealers were caught last week.

Serious rebagging... Watch out for Dangote goodies bag

(1) (2) (3) ... (1844) (1845) (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: psychologist(m), Bankyshinani(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.