Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,290 members, 7,829,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1849) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4430110 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 2:27pm On Dec 21, 2020
GoodFaith:

Things have change my brother
look the price of cement
Price of iron
Pray for Nigeria

For real, I have 2 soakaway pits to be plastered and covered, add beams & columns or cross beam type, decking or concrete slabs, even with the several options proposed still it's not cheap.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 2:47pm On Dec 21, 2020
omanzo02:

For real, I have 2 soakaway pits to be plastered and covered, add beams & columns or cross beam type, decking or concrete slabs, even with the several options proposed still it's not cheap.

May be you should try the alternative: pit latterin shocked
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ihedioramma: 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2020
zuraking:
done that long ago.
So the total money is how much?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lovelani(m): 3:15pm On Dec 21, 2020
bigcountry234:
Please House ,how much does it cost to drill a standard borehole in Ibadan?
cc Egunmogaji , n3xt
₦3,000 - ₦4,000 per metre.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
henrymor:
Thanks for your response. It is ceiling pop. The bungalow has 3 rooms, 4 bathrooms, one kitchen, one sitting room, one anteroom, a walkway (passage), and two verandas (one at the font and one at the back). Th square meter of the house is 295.

The quotation is attacked

negotiate downwards to like 100k.

If he doesn't agree, I will send you the guy doing mine.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 3:38pm On Dec 21, 2020
Good afternoon all

Who among our members here sell good Nigerian tiles?

I want to buy up to 666sqm

Good price as well

60 * 60
40* 40
25*40
30*30
18*60
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2020
omanzo02:

I have just completed Two Units last week. Each Unit is 20 x 6 x 9 ft for N781, 300. That is One Unit is N390,650

20 x 6 x 9 Ft Two Unit Soakaway

Granite 80,000.00
Digging 50,000.00
6" Solid Blocks (450 @N170) 76,500.00
Sharp Sand (two 911 trucks) 28,000.00
Cement (16 bags @N3100) 49,600.00
Cement (6 bags @N3500) 21,000.00
Cement (6 bags @N4300) 25,800.00
4" Pipe 1,800.00
12mm Rods(44 pieces@N3,100) 136,400.00
Stir-up 4,000.00
Binding Wire 3,000.00
Nails 4,000.00
Plank (1x12) 24 pieces @ N1300 31,200.00
Labour (All inclusive) 260,000.00
Miscellaneous 10,000.00
Total 781,300.00
Cost per Unit 390,650.00

Nuances:

# It is a modernisation (renovation) project, so I could not use the dug-up laterite to backfill the foundation to recoup some cost.
# I still have some unused granite.
# The labour cost is all-inclusive; so carpentry, iron bender, bricklayer, casters, plasterer, evacuation of the dug-up laterite etc.
# The soakaway was beamed (twice) with (6) columns as cars will be packed on it.
# This approach to soakaway is for dry land. Waterlogged land usually adopts a different method.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 4:49pm On Dec 21, 2020
diordaves:

I have just completed Two Units last week. Each Unit is 20 x 6 x 9 ft for N781, 300. That is One Unit is N390,650

20 x 6 x 9 Ft Two Unit Soakaway

Granite 80,000.00
Digging 50,000.00
6" Solid Blocks (450 @N170) 76,500.00
Sharp Sand (two 911 trucks) 28,000.00
Cement (16 bags @N3100) 49,600.00
Cement (6 bags @N3500) 21,000.00
Cement (6 bags @N4300) 25,800.00
4" Pipe 1,800.00
12mm Rods(44 pieces@N3,100) 136,400.00
Stir-up 4,000.00
Binding Wire 3,000.00
Nails 4,000.00
Plank (1x12) 24 pieces @ N1300 31,200.00
Labour (All inclusive) 260,000.00
Miscellaneous 10,000.00
Total 781,300.00
Cost per Unit 390,650.00

Nuances:

# It is a modernisation (renovation) project, so I could not use the dug-up laterite to backfill the foundation to recoup some cost.
# The labour cost is all-inclusive; so carpentry, iron bender, bricklayer, casters, plasterer, evacuation of the dug-up laterite etc.
# The soakaway was beamed (twice) with (6) columns as cars will be packed on it.
# This approach to soakaway is for dry land. Waterlogged land usually adopts a different method.

The total cost was reasonable
if it was done four back September likely save 60K on each one

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:57pm On Dec 21, 2020
davodyguy:
Good afternoon all

Good price as well

60 * 60
40* 40
25*40
30*30
18*60

Thathistoryguy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adefajofashola(m): 6:37pm On Dec 21, 2020
Please house, what is the current price for Gerard roof
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by inze(m): 7:02pm On Dec 21, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

I have 371 but who’s counting grin

BabaEgun, the village headmaster grin, always epic with his response. missed you on autos that year

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 7:42pm On Dec 21, 2020
mank1234:

May be you should try the alternative: pit latterin shocked
That is health hazard! grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:52pm On Dec 21, 2020
inze:

BabaEgun, the village headmaster grin, always epic with his response. missed you on autos that year

Thanks Sir.

I really should participate more in Car Talk but Naija get as e be. No aftermarket parts and support cry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by inze(m): 7:59pm On Dec 21, 2020
post=97301826:

Thanks Sir.

I really should participate more in Car Talk but Naija get as e be. No aftermarket parts and support cry

morale don low, no be lie.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2020
Call the company, WICHTECH Roofing on this number: 0810 300 2000

Adefajofashola:
Please house, what is the current price for Gerard roof

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:34pm On Dec 21, 2020
davodyguy:
Good afternoon all

Good price as well

60 * 60
40* 40
25*40
30*30
18*60
hello good evening sir you are free to compare price , their prices depend the quality you want ? You can wasp me with this No : https:///2347087953771 for their pictures, price and more detail of it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:37pm On Dec 21, 2020
QSFemi:

Call the company, WICHTECH Roofing on this number: 0810 300 2000

Wichtech won't be less than 9k per square metre
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:17pm On Dec 21, 2020
DFAMEGUY11S:
hello good evening sir you are free to compare price , their prices depend the quality you want ? You can wasp me with this No : https:///2347087953771 for their pictures, price and more detail of it
Thanks will get in touch.

I need to get them latest Thursday before Christmas.

Got quotes from two people from Odun Ade Market at Orílè.

If you're matches or comes lower, we can patronize cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sparks026(m): 10:21pm On Dec 21, 2020
Hello house, please can you advise me on how much it cost for tiling work per square meter? A very good tiler please. Thank you!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2020
That's what he asked for

Jasobry:

Wichtech won't be less than 9k per square metre

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mexxy1(m): 10:51pm On Dec 21, 2020
diordaves:

Nuances:

Is this one unit in the pictures? If yes, why do you have three (3) chambers?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 11:33pm On Dec 21, 2020
davodyguy:

Thanks will get in touch.

I need to get them latest Thursday before Christmas.

Got quotes from two people from Odun Ade Market at Orílè.

If you're matches or comes lower, we can patronize cheesy
ok just compare my price
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:37pm On Dec 21, 2020
mexxy1:

Is this one unit in the pictures? If yes, why do you have three (3) chambers?

Yes, that's one unit. First chamber is for the toilet waste. The other two chambers are for waste water.

The three chamber method allow waste water to soakaway more effectively.

The middle chamber receive the waste water and will kickstart the soakaway process; if full presumably after a long time, will now be transferring waste water to the third chamber in trickles through a pipe.

Because the waste water is transferred to the third chamber in trickles (little by little), the soakaway process is very effective as the chamber is never overwhelmed so it should take a very long time for the whole system to full.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FADEO: 2:11am On Dec 22, 2020
bixton:

If the client in question can do a soil test it will help to get other suggestions to be considered instead of what he is trying to do.
It's even good that Abdulwatecx has come up to make a statement.

I remember some years back a nairalander posted his soil test report here for a build in Port Harcourt (duplex of some sort). The recommendation on the report was a raft of 1200mm height. Abdulwatecx gave a recommendation based on the report also but the client/ home owner after various additions by professionals here and probably offline he and his site engineer settled for a 600mm height ground/grade beam for the foundation.

I do not know how many can recall. He even did a post of his expenditure on the project on a coloured worksheet here with pix of the project.
I wish I can remember his username on this platform.

His user name is FADEO. The build started sometime in Nov 2018. Hope those who contributed can recall.

Am still here. The building is still ongoing. Working on the finishing stages of the building now. And you are right in what we settled for.

I learnt so much from here although I have not been too active on Nairaland generally...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 3:27am On Dec 22, 2020
SLAP44:

You, my friend are one of those visionless, directionless floating nigerians who will rather engage their mouths, before thinking of engaging their brains in public discourse. How you came up with the gibberish you wrote up there without being a cement dealer beats my imagination. None of you here ever went to the cement companies to do any investigative work to know how the price rose that much, but you will be here throwing words around to confuse yourself and others on what you know nothing about.

In this your rubbish post, you admitted Dangote is silent, the government are also silent, but you must talk, and talk whatever comes to your head. You heard they sell ATC for 3000, no verification on how much they got it, or the kick back they offered to get it despite the official cost and you believed it and blamed your fellow suffering Nigerians. Tomorrow now you will all start a riot and kill all cement dealers and the government and Dangote will be laughing at your inflated idiocy.

Yes, far north is selling cement normal, and that becomes an indictment on southern dealers, and you never asked if there are penalties the southern dealers are paying behind the scenes to even get a single supply? In your mind, the south is corrupt, and the north is clean.

You people should get out there and investigate. Not running your mouths like a tap.

What a rude way of replying to a post, If only NL have display pictures.....

11 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 4:18am On Dec 22, 2020
If you're talking about labour cost per square metres only, then it ranges from #300 to #500 depending on your location and level of expertise of the tiler.

Sparks026:
Hello house, please can you advise me on how much it cost for tiling work per square meter? A very good tiler please. Thank you!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mexxy1(m): 4:31am On Dec 22, 2020
diordaves:

Yes, that's one unit. First chamber is for the toilet waste. The other two chambers are for waste water.

The three chamber method allow waste water to soakaway more effectively.

The middle chamber receive the waste water and will kickstart the soakaway process; if full presumably after a long time, will now be transferring waste water to the third chamber in trickles through a pipe.

Because the waste water is transferred to the third chamber in trickles (little by little), the soakaway process is very effective as the chamber is never overwhelmed so it should take a very long time for the whole system to full.

Noted. But, I think that's the wrong way of soak away/ septic tank construction.

The two chamber system does the job better. The septic tank chamber receives all waste (solid and liquid) and continous decomposition/bacterial breakdown occurs in same chamber.

The soak away part receives all waste water via a linking pipe from the septic tank. The pipe is placed high such that only when the water reaches that level will it trickle in. And, this chamber usually has spaces in the block work to allow the waste water seep into the soil.

Having two chambers to receive waste water is more of a waste of resources and serves no particular purpose rather, might just worsen or complicate things not to talk of the waste of resources (materials and money).

As long as the pipe linking the septic tank and soak away chambers is placed properly (high and slanted), you're good to go. Also, there must be spaces on at least on section of the block work in the soak away chamber.

Anything else is a waste of resources in my opinion and an unnecessary overbuild.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nifty247(m): 7:05am On Dec 22, 2020
Our price range for drilling boreholes in Ibadan is from #5000 to #5500 per meter. Contact me on 09035779321 if you are interested.

Thanks

bigcountry234:
Please House ,how much does it cost to drill a standard borehole in Ibadan?
cc Egunmogaji , n3xt
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:07am On Dec 22, 2020
FADEO:

Am still here. The building is still ongoing. Working on the finishing stages of the building now. And you are right in what we settled for.

I learnt so much from here although I have not been too active on Nairaland generally...

Nice build you have done.
More efforts to you through God.

Compliments of the Season.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mank1234(m): 8:54am On Dec 22, 2020
mexxy1:

Noted. But, I think that's the wrong way of soak away/ septic tank construction.

The two chamber system does the job better. The septic tank chamber receives all waste (solid and liquid) and continous decomposition/bacterial breakdown occurs in same chamber.

The soak away part receives all waste water via a linking pipe from the septic tank. The pipe is placed high such that only when the water reaches that level will it trickle in. And, this chamber usually has spaces in the block work to allow the waste water seep into the soil.

Having two chambers to receive waste water is more of a waste of resources and serves no particular purpose rather, might just worsen or complicate things not to talk of the waste of resources (materials and money).

As long as the pipe linking the septic tank and soak away chambers is placed properly (high and slanted), you're good to go. Also, there must be spaces on at least on section of the block work in the soak away chamber.

Anything else is a waste of resources in my opinion and an unnecessary overbuild.

That you aren't aware does not make it a wrong method.

[url]http://www.draindomain.com/septic%20tanks.html[/url]

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1846) (1847) (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: topsy23, twinskenny(m), sodiq961(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.