Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,595 members, 7,812,952 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1851) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377409 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2020
/
Is texcoat for exterior wall painting going away or what? It used to be en vogue back in the day.

/
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 1:00pm On Dec 23, 2020
ThunderStrike:
Dear(s),

I was looking for where to buy roofing, as usual I was prepared for the usual attitude (cheating and stress) of our country men. I came looking for a trusted roofer. I have never known Money121 in my life, in fact I am beyond amazed. I saw reviews and decided to follow my intuition.

All I did was to send 95% of the money to his account, being a busy person I didn’t even keep in touch, he roofed it in 2days and kept me updated from loading till completion.

I will recommend Money121 anytime, anyday. This is the most seamless transaction I’ve heard as a Nigerian. Thank you money121
this is all I need in a PERSON even tho he will eat from me, get the fvcking job DONE to my satisfaction.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 2:35pm On Dec 23, 2020
n3xt:

_______
Pic 1-3 | Biofil Digester installed 2015. 100% maintenance free.

Does this have to be on the ground surface?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by AlphaDigitals: 3:29pm On Dec 23, 2020
Pls help me guys

I need Real estate marketing companies that can help sell lands fast

8 and half plots of dry Land at Oke-afa rd, Oke-afa,Isolo,Lagos
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vickzie(m): 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/
Is texcoat for exterior wall painting going away or what? It used to be en vogue back in the day.

/
Nothing lasts forever. Change is constant.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 5:08pm On Dec 23, 2020
InvertedHammer:
/

/
na tiles and satin paint dey reign now, We Nigerian likes to do follow follow. make we start trying new thing. That's why I dey gbadun oga egunmogaji2 and n3xt.

The thing be say eh ; if you don't do that follow follow, they will reach your house and judge your pocket cos you couldn't do the reigning thing. grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2020
zuraking:
na tiles and satin paint dey reign now, We Nigerian likes to do follow follow. make we start trying new thing. That's why I dey gbadun oga egunmogaji2 and n3xt.

The thing be say eh ; if you don't do that follow follow, they will reach your house and judge your pocket cos you couldn't do the reigning thing. grin

The talk around my neighborhood is that I’m a deportee because I didn’t use Gerard and that another neighbor who just went to USA 3 years ago dey roof 2 buildings at the same time grin

Me I just dey laugh.

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 5:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
Good evening all, please can you park a car over a 'biodigester'?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:58pm On Dec 23, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

The talk around my neighborhood is that I’m a deportee. I didn’t use Gerard grin

Reason? Another neighbor who went to USA 3 years ago dey roof 2 buildings at the same time grin

Me I just dey laugh.

I received sense when my dad told me “You cannot impress anybody.”

I’m rocking my longspan aluminium jejely. I’ve used my Gerald money to buy two and half acres of cheap land that I will sell to yankee returnees who can buy and install Gerald roofing.

I’m not in competition.

_______

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2020
Godisgreatest1:

It’s not a car park na grin

The space requirement is so small you don’t even need to worry about parking. If you don’t have challenge installing a chamber in your building, I doubt biodigester should pose any challenge.

It’s just about the size of two conventional chamber.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:05pm On Dec 23, 2020
n3xt:

I’m rocking my longspan aluminium jejely. I’ve used my Gerald money to buy two and half acres of cheap land that I will sell to yankee returnees who can buy and install Gerald roofing.

I’m not in competition.

_______

Somebody on Twitter noticed my estate from the Lagos - Ibadan trains. I got an instant wood grin

And the Chinese train construction crew have visited thrice. Hopeful grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 6:14pm On Dec 23, 2020
n3xt:

It’s not a car park na grin

The space requirement is so small you don’t even need to worry about parking. If you don’t have challenge installing a chamber in your building, I doubt biodigester should pose any challenge.

It’s just about the size of two conventional chamber.

Ok, but the problem i'm having with a biodigester is that it must protrude to the surface making it obvious that it is there. Normal septic tank can be made to be so flat and at the same level with the entire floor you won't even notice it is there, I don't know if same is possible with biodigester.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
Aforxzy:

Does this have to be on the ground surface?

I really can’t tell but all I know is most of the installations I’ve seen so far (even in corporate organizations) have surface tanks.

I really don’t understand why it was so.

There are lots of documents however that you can read up to find out more about the solution.

The wastewater in the installation I shared was channeled into the public drain. It doesn’t smell.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 6:15pm On Dec 23, 2020
Dangote cement is currently #3500 in my area in Lagos.

I want to do a foundation and I'm confused whether to proceed or still wait for the price to come down more?

Will the price still come down more?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:26pm On Dec 23, 2020
Godisgreatest1:

Ok, but the problem i'm having with a biodigester is that it must protrude to the surface making it obvious that it is there. Normal septic tank can be made to be so flat and at the same level with the entire floor you won't even notice it is there, I don't know if same is possible with biodigester.

That’s not a problem bro!

Below are three types of bench that my Mukaila can construct.
If you ask him to make a bench for you, he’d do the one in pic 1 but if you show him pic 3 and give him materials in pic 4 to work with, he’d produce something close to or better than pic 3.

That’s where creativity sets in!

My Build, My Way. I don’t follow trend.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:29pm On Dec 23, 2020
sinorte:
Please what is the cost of erecting a 7.5meters high 6ft by 6ft platform to hold two 1200liters tanks, suspended one on the other?
that's approximately 30ft there and should serve one storey building perfectly (kind of an over build). If you're going to use H channels, I will advise that you use 5 by 3 for the stands and 3 by 1½ for the load beans. Budget 550-600k depending on your location.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

Somebody on Twitter noticed my estate from the Lagos - Ibadan trains. I got an instant wood grin

And the Chinese train construction crew have visited thrice. Hopeful grin

Who knows you could have a Gerald manufacturer as a tenant?

Emi náà ti di òré oní gerald grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:32pm On Dec 23, 2020
Godisgreatest1:
a car park for two cars is 18ft wide. I don't know how it will be a problem for a bio-digester
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 6:36pm On Dec 23, 2020
Only you can make that judgement call based on the trend you've observed in your localty.

What was the price before? and what is the time period in consideration both historically (backward) and forecast (forward looking)?

Where is your area in Lagos? to compare with other cities in Lagos.

neduboo:
Dangote cement is currently #3500 in my area on Lagos.

I want to do a foundation and I'm confused whether to proceed or still wait for the price to come down more?

Will the price still come down more?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:39pm On Dec 23, 2020
Breaking!!!

Price of Longspan Aluminum have gone up. Further increase by almost 30% expected in January 2021.

You can call your local suppliers to confirm the latest price of aluminum roofing sheets.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 6:55pm On Dec 23, 2020
[quote author=Godisgreatest1 post=97362448]

Ok, but the problem i'm having with a biodigester is that it must protrude to the surface making it obvious that it is there. [b]Normal septic tank can be made to be so flat and at the same level with the entire floor you won't even notice it is there, I don't know if same is possible with biodigester. [/[/b]quote]

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 7:19pm On Dec 23, 2020
n3xt:

That’s not a problem bro!

Below are three types of bench that my Mukaila can construct.
If you ask him to make a bench for you, he’d do the one in pic 1 but if you show him pic 3 and give him materials in pic 4 to work with, he’d produce something close to or better than pic 3.

That’s where creativity sets in!

My Build, My Way. I don’t follow trend.

I wasn't talking about 'bench', I was referring to biodigester. Is it a must that it must protrude to the surface so everyone must see it is there.
?. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:34pm On Dec 23, 2020
Godisgreatest1:

I wasn't talking about 'bench', I was referring to biodigester. Is it a must that it must protrude to the surface so everyone must see it is there.
?. Thank you.

I’d suggest you talk directly to installers. I’m also an enduser.

Edit

@Aforxzy see pics below.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 8:17pm On Dec 23, 2020
n3xt:

Edit

@Aforxzy see pics below.

Ok, Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 8:53pm On Dec 23, 2020
n3xt:

Edit

@Aforxzy see pics below.

Seen. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gandkiss: 9:11pm On Dec 23, 2020
Good evening house, please where can I get asbestos pop design ceiling boards to buy in lagos, Ikorodu to be precise.

Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2020
EgunMogaji2:

The talk around my neighborhood is that I’m a deportee because I didn’t use Gerard and that another neighbor who just went to USA 3 years ago dey roof 2 buildings at the same time grin

Me I just dey laugh.

Speaking for myself, that is a good narrative. Think what you like of me but never think that I bought back the Bank of England. To think I have the Bank of England in my hip pocket is a security risk in my opinion.

So I'm, a deportee? That fine. This fits into my low profile narrative which is part of my personal overall security set up.

I will never do anything to prove that narrative wrong.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 11:09pm On Dec 23, 2020
n3xt:

I’m not in competition.

_______
The bolded was my statement when I heard comments, they will always find something to say and you can't impress them, I intentionally invested in my family and sibling who had the opportunity to study instead of buying cars and building houses to impress anyone, well that investment produced a successful surgeon and created bright futures. I have seen, experience and been in places they could dream off, when you are in the circle of more successful people who don't judge you with what have you get to understand the meaning of life and riches. I prefer common sense to guide what I do than doing what other people do.

If Australians can rock longspan aluminium why can't I in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:45am On Dec 24, 2020
diordaves:

Speaking for myself, that is a good narrative. Think what you like of me but never think that I bought back the Bank of England. To think I have the Bank of England in my hip pocket is a security risk in my opinion.

So I'm, a deportee? That fine. This fits into my low profile narrative which is part of my personal overall security set up.

Yes Sir.

I’ve always been very careful to be very low key and very happy to hear that my diligence to it worked.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:30am On Dec 24, 2020
omanzo02:

The bolded was my statement when I heard comments, they will always find something to say and you can't impress them, I intentionally invested in my family and sibling who had the opportunity to study instead of buying cars and building houses to impress anyone, well that investment produced a successful surgeon and created bright futures. I have seen, experience and been in places they could dream off, when you are in the circle of more successful people who don't judge you with what have you get to understand the meaning of life and riches. I prefer common sense to guide what I do than doing what other people do.

If Australians can rock longspan aluminium why can't I in Nigeria.

Everything we love about modern in construction come from that part of the world.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 7:33am On Dec 24, 2020
diordaves:

Showing up with anything fancy is a security risk, I still prefer to jump on okada and mingle in short & t-shirt, being anonymous is the best security man. If you don't exhibit that typical Nigerians oppressive shenanigans they begin to doubt your worth or success.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 7:52am On Dec 24, 2020
AlphaDigitals:
Pls help me guys

I need Real estate marketing companies that can help sell lands fast

8 and half plots of dry Land at Oke-afa rd, Oke-afa,Isolo,Lagos

How much per plot?

(1) (2) (3) ... (1848) (1849) (1850) (1851) (1852) (1853) (1854) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.