Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,978 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1921) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4392214 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1918) (1919) (1920) (1921) (1922) (1923) (1924) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 11:17pm On Jan 13, 2021
nnadychuks:
I'm in Warri right now

Ok I'm in Ughelli and I'll need ur contact to replicate same design or something better in my building wen the time comes later this year
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:19pm On Jan 13, 2021
davodyguy:

Since you currently may not have a 'registered title' now, you'll need to get a survey plan of the land registered at the office of the Surveyor General, with beacon numbers showing, then hand the survey plan to your architect to prepare a drawing.

If it's a bungalow, you don't need a structural drawing, but for two floor building, you need a structural drawing.

You also need a soil test report. This is to tell you the kind of foundation you need.

Take all these documents to the LASPPPA office in your Local Government. They would prepare an assessment for you.

Assessment is done based on the gross floor area of your proposed building.

Less say your gross floor area is 300sqm, this size is multiplied by a rate of construction to arrive at assessed value.

The value in the assessment is what you'll pay.

You pay one to LASPPPA and another one to LABSCA called stage certification.

The part that out most developers is the tax clearance.

The minimum tax that LIRS will demand from any developer even in Ikorodu, Epe, Alagbado etc is ₦750,000 and if it's like Ikoyi, Lekki, VI, the developer can be asked to pay as much as ₦5million as tax clearance before you can be granted approval.

To LIRS, anything that makes you want to build means you must be rich. Hence, they ask for minimum of ₦750,000 from you, even if your land cost you ₦100,000

Give or take, the minimum to pay would be close to ₦1million.

How long does it take? It can take between 30 days to almost forever.

This is Nigeria, I must not talk too much
Thank you, anything outside what this gentleman wrote is story, you forgot to add all land the charges etc. When I try to explain in my previous post I don’t want to scared people away from taking steps to start the process, that why I used the term minimum of 200k. All those fees do not include brown envelope for Oga to get it done fast ooo, otherwise your file may be there for 2 years or more

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 11:41pm On Jan 13, 2021
[quote author=davodyguy post=98032817]
That's why more than 50% of all buildings in Lagos doesn't have approval.

I had a meeting with Governor Ambode ìn 2017 and I told him point blank.

Audit all the over 2 million buildings in Lagos State today. More than half of that number are not approved, cos people got frustrated and abandoned the process.

Though, building without approval is illegal

quote]

Only the one that is caught will the law apply.

Not everyone is happy to pay such fees especially when the rates are on the high side and you will still have to do the road to your land and drag your own electricity to where you want it.

In Rivers State you get approval from the Local Government and the State Government before you build.

In Bayelsa State you pay and get approval to the State Government via the Physical Planning and Property Development Authority. The community via the Youth Leadership or CDC also comes to collect development fees. And the amount collected differs depending on type of build.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:19am On Jan 14, 2021
spyder880:

Yes these are better. Well done.
the lessons are invaluable and I can only say. Daalụ

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 12:27am On Jan 14, 2021
[quote author=bixton post=98033627][/quote]

Please what's the cost of approval for a bungalow in Rivers State, Ikwerre LGA precisely, thank you?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 12:41am On Jan 14, 2021
Godisgreatest1:

Please what's the cost of approval for a bungalow in Rivers State, Ikwerre LGA precisely, thank you?

How many rooms is the bungalow?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by true2home(m): 5:47am On Jan 14, 2021
LOL... 50% is being humble, try over 70%!!! Its so unpatriotic to see how much the Government is leaving the the table. I once told Ogun State OPIC MD that if i was the Governor, i will give every single house in my state C of O. You know why? That will bring the owners into my Database. From there, i can charge and collect my land taxes with ease. Most people will pay their property tax if they are given CofO without wahala. They will be richer because they will be able to leverage their most value asset to improve their lives and the country at large.

But as usual, weyrey too much for we country!. we love to oppress ourselves for reason that is yet clear to me! its like we Nigerians just want that country to fail by all possible means. Its so sad when i think of the untap opportunities the country refused to take advantage

davodyguy:

Audit all the over 2 million buildings in Lagos State today. More than half of that number are not approved, cos people got frustrated and abandoned the process.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 6:35am On Jan 14, 2021
bixton:

How many rooms is the bungalow?
It's a semidetached, 2 bedroom attached to a 3 bedroom.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 7:03am On Jan 14, 2021
BLUEGATE 55' ANDROID SMART TV UP FOR GRABS! FIRST COME-FIRST SERVE

Product: Bluegate 55inch android smart LED TV
Condition: Mint condition . Sparingly used !
Accessories to be sold with : Neat remote & TV console stand.

Description,
Key Features Display Size(in):55TV with HDMI ports-Type:LED Flat-Panel Display Features(select):Full HDSaves 70% energyConsumes less energyColour: Black Comes With Free Keyboard + Free Mouse + Remote + TV console stand

Flat rate price: 180k

Contact,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:28am On Jan 14, 2021
davodyguy:

That's the problem with Nigeria sir. Simple things will be made difficult by both government and government agents. Too much levy for approval, a rigorous process as well.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 8:23am On Jan 14, 2021
Contact us for your renewable energy needs..

Quality products is what we do .. Get your efficient power systems supplied & installed today ! We're available in & out of Lagos state as usual

Contact,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 8:34am On Jan 14, 2021
michlins:
here's what you need sir. The materials are

1.5mm pipe

2mm pan

16 guage pan for the frame.

Attached is the pictures of the hinges and bolt you have to use. As Oga Spyd er880 pointed out on his review about my doors,he said he didn't like the hinges much and as a result, I changed them to something better.

Attached are the following

The door

Local hinges and bolts

My upgrade hinges and bolts.
thanks for your response.

are your sure thieves can't break this one with the material u are using? And how much does it cost?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:09am On Jan 14, 2021
Quality products at discounted price!!

- Genus 12v 230a tubular batteries .... 125,000
- Vision 12v 200a agm battery ........... 120,000
- USA Trojan 12v 205a battery ........... 195,000
- USA Trojan 12v 170a flooded battery .. 90,000
- Schneider 1.5kva 24v hybrid inverter ... 80,000 , For 2 units above .. 75,000
- Axpert 3000w 24v hybrid inverter (with 40a mppt) .... 160,000
- Pro foreign solar roof mount set (Takes up to 4 units of 400w solar panels).... 35,000
- Local solar roof mount set .... 15,000

Contact us for any of your power inverter , solar system needs as we're affiliated with renewable energy companies enlisted below:

- Solar shop Africa
- Genus
- Luminous
- Felicity
- Icell power
- Proton power
- Foresolar
- Epever
- Cobalt
- Era solar
- JA solar
- Must power
- Prag
- Schneider
- Victron systems
- Canadian solar
- Jinko
- Morningstar
- Magnum
- Midnite
- Ultron systems
- SMA
- Ritar
- Fullriver
- Yingli
- SMS solar lights , batteries & inverter systems
- Keye solar lights
- Multipower
- SMK
- Gennex
- Flames
- Monbat
- Fangpuson
- LD solar
- Apodon
- SRNE
- Vmax
- Ipanda
- Growatts
- Aimspower
- Sorotec
- Voltronic
- German hoppecke
- German Phocos
- Multifit
- Psmart
- Signeer

Contact,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Architectsly: 9:41am On Jan 14, 2021
jabolo:

Good stuff.

These are classy design especially for the Northern part of the country where I'm thinking of some 'chalets'. I assume the upper levels are good for terracing/sit-out purposes.

Definitely keep an eye on this.

Exactly bro
Thanks 4 looking into our design, more of this are available with an estimated price of commencement.
Hit me up on WhatsApp for more beautiful designs
Zero 81 three 67 four 12 three 8

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 9:58am On Jan 14, 2021
Bought dangote cement 3000 this morning plus 100 to carry to site making 3100

He told me cement will be 2700 in 2 weeks time

Lagos

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:15am On Jan 14, 2021
zuraking:
thanks for your response.

are your sure thieves can't break this one with the material u are using? And how much does it cost?
yes sir. No thief can break this door unless they come with generator and filing machine.

45,000 for the single

55,000 for the double

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 10:26am On Jan 14, 2021
zuraking:

Lagos

I told those selling at the exorbitant to start selling before the price is crashed further, some folks thought I was joking. Some cements go turn bricks wink wink cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Carmal90(m): 10:34am On Jan 14, 2021
zuraking:

Lagos

2800 naira in Ilorin today

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:52am On Jan 14, 2021
Carmal90:

2800 naira in Ilorin today

Nice one!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 10:56am On Jan 14, 2021
Why is cement still #3700 in Port Harcourt?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 11:23am On Jan 14, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:
Good morning all my boss in the house!
Aluminium Casement window with burglary or without
All kinds of aluminium
Call or whatsApp :08069609983
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sundayedem(m): 11:34am On Jan 14, 2021
nnadychuks:
does aluminium roofing sheet include Cameroon Zinc?
we supply aluminum roofing sheet and installation or stone coated roof
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sundayedem(m): 11:36am On Jan 14, 2021
Sundayedem:
we supply aluminum roofing sheet and installation or stone coated roof
please ca you call me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 12:38pm On Jan 14, 2021
Let's create something on this thread

If you have questions pertaining to titles of land or approval to build, please ask me

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:48pm On Jan 14, 2021
davodyguy:

I just zoomed the image and saw MPP&UD meaning it's the Ministry that did this and not LASPPPA or LABSCA. The commissioner and PS Control the ministry, while the GM of LASPPPA and GM of LABSCA report to both the PS and Commissioner.

The commissioner is the most senior, followed by the PS. But SA to Governor on Physical Planning is a senior to the Commissioner in terms of closeness to the Governor.

On why it's was sealed?

In my opinion

1. Building or built it without approval
2. Infractions ( when you submit a different plan, say 2 floors and you now go to 5 floors)
3. Failure to observe adequate set back
4. Failure to comply with Land use Zoning
5. Petition written against you by adjoining property owners
6. Building on road alignment
7. Building on right of way

One or all of the 6 reasons highlighted above could be the cause. After all, there's no curse without a cause grin

You’re very correct! It’s the Ministry.

Most people don’t even know their building can be sealed despite having approval.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adebhayor(m): 1:05pm On Jan 14, 2021
Great Architect in the house, kindly help me check out this plan and point out the errors before laying my foundation please. Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 1:16pm On Jan 14, 2021
Architectsly:

Exactly bro
Thanks 4 looking into our design, more of this are available with an estimated price of commencement.
Hit me up on WhatsApp for more beautiful designs
Zero 81 three 67 four 12 three 8

Will do, when I'm good to go. Still fighting land wahala. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Footstradamus(m): 1:25pm On Jan 14, 2021
Adebhayor:
Great Architect in the house, kindly help me check out this plan and point out the errors before laying my foundation please. Thanks
Please just an enquiry, what is your land size
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kobocity: 1:30pm On Jan 14, 2021
Design Review Services

Get reassurance that you’re on the right track with your home design so that you can move forward with your project with confidence.

Turn your good design into a GREAT design that you absolutely love with a design review by experienced building consultants and architects on kobocity.com

We’ll review your drawings, point out areas of concern, and provide suggestions for how to improve the design. We’ll help you feel more confident that you’re getting exactly what you want and not what your designer think you need.

_____
What our satisfied clients are saying?

If only I had met you at the begining, the headache and money spent will have been saved. - nannymcph ee

Hi Bros, thanks for the comments on my house design. Please how can I contribute my quota to this great forum? - GG2002

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kobocity: 1:34pm On Jan 14, 2021
Free Design Review on kobocity.com

Get reassurance that you’re on the right track with your home design so that you can move forward with your project with confidence.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Thomaths(m): 1:41pm On Jan 14, 2021
kobocity:
Free Design Review on kobocity.com
and you did not include the thorough review you did on my plan. I couldn't have asked for something better. All for free. Thanks, KOBO

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1918) (1919) (1920) (1921) (1922) (1923) (1924) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.