Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,561 members, 7,827,097 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1922) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4423224 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1919) (1920) (1921) (1922) (1923) (1924) (1925) ... (3673) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kobocity: 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2021
Thomaths:
and you did not include the thorough review you did on my plan. I couldn't have asked for something better. All for free. Thanks, KOBO

Here’s the link to Thomaths’ design review on kobocity | https://www.kobocity.com/d/80-first-time-owner-biluder/45

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adebhayor(m): 1:46pm On Jan 14, 2021
Footstradamus:
Please just an enquiry, what is your land size
154 by 75
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kobocity: 1:52pm On Jan 14, 2021
Thomaths:
and you did not include the thorough review you did on my plan. I couldn't have asked for something better. All for free. Thanks, KOBO

Thomaths,

Don’t forget to check our verified suppliers/tradespeople page | https://www.kobocity.com/d/38-verified-suppliers-directory/8

Best quality, great quantity and excellent service guaranteed!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Modemy: 3:31pm On Jan 14, 2021
n3xt:

Don’t scare people sir!
Though am a silent reader on this forum but I need to say something on the issue of regulatory agency in lagos, Honestly they are not helping potential builder at all. In my own case I almost abandoned the project when I realised the money I will need to pay Lagos state govt before I can start building .
Imagine paying 1.5m for tax when such money can go a long way in building process not to talk of other agency involved in building approval. For me you must be prepared when building in Lagos.
Except you want short cut which is very risky and can make you pay more at the end of the day

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lorhema(f): 3:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
[quote author=davodyguy post=98048357]Let's create something on this thread

If you have questions pertaining to titles of land or approval to build, please ask me[/quote

We got a plot of land in Ibadan and were given a survey plan in the seller's name. The plan isn't registered. We have had it prepared in our name.

What is it useful for?
Should we get a registered one in our name instead?

Thank you for your response.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:41pm On Jan 14, 2021
Godisgreatest1:

It's a semidetached, 2 bedroom attached to a 3 bedroom.

It will cost you between #75-#100K.
But a better realistic price will be when the plan is submitted to the office. The price will be ascertained by the height of the kingpost amongst other things as guiding factors.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vickzie(m): 3:45pm On Jan 14, 2021
Adebhayor:
Great Architect in the house, kindly help me check out this plan and point out the errors before laying my foundation please. Thanks
why does everyone have to pass through the sitting room to access the rest of the building. big rooms, tiny wardrobes, tiny kitchen store, put shelves and you can barely enter the store again. master bathroom intruding sitting space. poor planning and space management.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Modemy: 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
kopell:
Scare ke, there are may places where 1.5m can build one moderate 2 bedrooms bungalow. In Lagos you no better, from land fees, building permits, towns planning fee, building approval, safety, soil test depending on location etc. So tell me all those fees when you do right, are the not more then 1.5m? Tax a lone to get approval is average of 200k or more, when you’re not regular tax payers in the state.
From experience you are right, imagin paying 1.5m for tax

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:54pm On Jan 14, 2021
Modemy:

Though am a silent reader on this forum but I need to say something on the issue of regulatory agency in lagos, Honestly they are not helping potential builder at all. In my own case I almost abandoned the project when I realised the money I will need to pay Lagos state govt before I can start building .
Imagine paying 1.5m for tax when such money can go a long way in building process not to talk of other agency involved in building approval. For me you must be prepared when building in Lagos.
Except you want short cut which is very risky and can make you pay more at the end of the day

EOD

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2021
vickzie:
why does everyone have to pass through the sitting room to access the rest of the building. big rooms, tiny wardrobes, tiny kitchen store, put shelves and you can barely enter the store again. master bathroom intruding sitting space. poor planning and space management.

I see a very large house but small dining.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 3:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
lorhema:

I always tell people this.

A survey plan on its own is not a 'valid' title, either registered or unregistered.

A survey plan only shows you the dimension and location of a land, its coordinates and may be the beacon numbers.

5 of us can have a survey plan drawn in our names by 5 different land surveyors on a single plot.

What you should do is to ask the vendor if he/she has a valid title that confirms he owns the land.

if he doesn't have other than a receipt (which itself does not confirm ownership, cause I can also issue you a receipt on a land that doesn't belong to me) take the survey plan to the Office of the Surveyor General of Oyo State, and Chart it first to confirm if the land is free from acquisition and if under acquisition, is it committed or can be ratified by you obtaining consent to Survey.

Start here first

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adegunle4(m): 4:22pm On Jan 14, 2021
Adebhayor:
Great Architect in the house, kindly help me check out this plan and point out the errors before laying my foundation please. Thanks

You have a very big terrace by the kitchen which I really do not understand it’s usefulness and proportionality . By the way, there’s no dining area in this design...what you have there is a passageway.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:41pm On Jan 14, 2021
Adegunle4:

You have a very big terrace by kitchen which I really do not understand it’s usefulness and proportionality . By the way, there’s no dining area in this design...what you there is a passageway.

I can see my type of rendering in your portfolio. Good job!

Let’s connect +23480234..29122

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adegunle4(m): 4:49pm On Jan 14, 2021
n3xt:

I can see my type of rendering in your portfolio. Good job!

Let’s connect +23480234..29122

Okay , thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
bixton:

It will cost you between #75-#100K.
But a better realistic price will be when the plan is submitted to the office. The price will be ascertained by the height of the kingpost amongst other things as guiding factors.

Thanks.

Ok, thanks, am I also submitting the survey plan of the land together with the architectural drawing?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:00pm On Jan 14, 2021
Godisgreatest1:

Ok, thanks, am I also submitting the survey plan of the land together with the architectural drawing?

Nope.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 5:31pm On Jan 14, 2021
bixton:

Nope.

Ok. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 5:41pm On Jan 14, 2021
n3xt:

EOD
There is no need to end the debate. I don’t think is debate anyway, let people voice the experience so others won’t be a victim. Our experience is very costly, if I tell you how much it cost me to no many of these things since 1991 when I started investing in land you be surprised. I bought more of na lier, more then na true, the scammers no better. Many of the information people find here are not as open as it should be even in many government agency. Most times we’re victims, that how many of us knew many of these tricks .

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Takoro13(m): 5:42pm On Jan 14, 2021
I was surprised to hear bag of cement today. I pray it comes down more. #3000 per bag in ilesa today
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ollykay619(m): 6:31pm On Jan 14, 2021
davodyguy:

I always tell people this.

A survey plan on its own is not a 'valid' title, either registered or unregistered.

A survey plan only shows you the dimension and location of a land, its coordinates and may be the beacon numbers.

5 of us can have a survey plan drawn in our names by 5 different land surveyors on a single plot.

What you should do is to ask the vendor if he/she has a valid title that confirms he owns the land.

if he doesn't have other than a receipt (which itself does not confirm ownership, cause I can also issue you a receipt on a land that doesn't belong to me) take the survey plan to the Office of the Surveyor General of Oyo State, and Chart it first to confirm if the land is free from acquisition and if under acquisition, is it committed or can be ratified by you obtaining consent to Survey.

Start here first

I assume you are talking about the survey plan the land seller shows the buyer.

I have a question, what is red copy survey and does that serve as any form of a valid title?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:32pm On Jan 14, 2021
OAK Group is your plug to great Architectural designs and excellent building constructional works.
We deliver ultimately.
People in diaspora too can count on us.
+2348108408732
Uncleteeh@gmail.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nnadychuks(m): 7:49pm On Jan 14, 2021
amosblisz:

Ok I'm in Ughelli and I'll need ur contact to replicate same design or something better in my building wen the time comes later this year
08116671284 or 09017163997
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Omonjoe(m): 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2021
Hello everyone,

I'm looking for someone that can do the pop design of my kobo kobo building. The location is in Ekpoma, Edo state. Any recommendation will also be appreciated.

Thanks and stay safe!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 8:14pm On Jan 14, 2021
ollykay619:

I assume you are talking about the survey plan the land seller shows the buyer.

I have a question, what is red copy survey and does that serve as any form of a valid title?
No please

Registering your survey plan is a means to an end not an end in its self.

One of the prerequisites to getting either your Certificate of Occupancy or your Deed of Assignment registered is registering your survey plan at the office of Surveyor General, called lodgement.

This is why it's called 'Red copy'. The color of the survey plan is not red, just as the black box in a plane is not painted in black colour.

At the Surveyor General's office, they only check few things before registering a survey plan in the name of any applicant that comes for registration.

1. That the survey plan is signed by a registered land surveyor

2. The land is not within a government scheme

3. The land is properly positioned and not on Road alignment

4. Coordinates are correct

5. Land is not under Acquisition and if under Acquisition, consent to survey is obtained.

They don't care who's name is on it. Hence, they would only come to court to defend the plan submitted to them and not say who truly owns the land.

It's Lands Bureau that controls land ownership as vested into the Governor of that state by the Land Use Act 1978

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ollykay619(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2021
davodyguy:

No please

Registering your survey plan is a means to an end not an end in its self.

One of the prerequisites to getting either your Certificate of Occupancy or your Deed of Assignment registered is registering your survey plan at the office of Surveyor General, called lodgement.

This is why it's called 'Red copy'. The color of the survey plan is not red, just as the black box in a plane is not painted in black colour.

At the Surveyor General's office, they only check few things before registering a survey plan in the name of any applicant that comes for registration.

1. That the survey plan is signed by a registered land surveyor

2. The land is not within a government scheme

3. The land is properly positioned and not on Road alignment

4. Coordinates are correct

5. Land is not under Acquisition and if under Acquisition, consent to survey is obtained.

They don't care who's name is on it. Hence, they would only come to court to defend the plan submitted to them and not say who truly owns the land.

It's Lands Bureau that controls land ownership as vested into the Governor of that state by the Land Use Act 1978

Thank you sir.

So to have a complete ownership of a land, one must have the CofO

Or should I say what document must one have to have posses the full ownership of a land
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2021
ollykay619:

Thank you sir.

So to have a complete ownership of a land, one must have the CofO

Or should I say what document must one have to have posses the full ownership of a land
Or a registered Deed of assignment where the predecessor in title already had one
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 9:01pm On Jan 14, 2021
Beware.

Don't out of desperation or urge rush to buy land in Lagos.

You just might be buying a land acquired by LASG

Investigate your land, even if the popular real estate companies advertised it to you.

Chart the survey plan first.

Anyone who buys land illegally in a government scheme would lose out

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:35pm On Jan 14, 2021
For the love of simple and quality built burglary and fence rails, I present these to you

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:53pm On Jan 14, 2021
BiigTee:
I and oga rotech are going to the site on Thursday! He is the contractor I am using! Can u send me ur contact number so i can get back to you on Thursday... By then i should be able to tell you when exactly it would be needed..

150 bags of cement @2900 + 50 offloading fee is ready for delivery in atan ota tomorrow if you’re ready for it.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 10:58pm On Jan 14, 2021
Carmal90:
Hello sir/ma

Pls, is it proper or ideal to place exit door of a structure inside kitchen??

Let me explain, like you have to pass through the kitchen before exiting the house...
Proper??

It can be placed in anywhere you want it. I have a client that fixed a door (exit) at dinning area apart from the one he has in the kitchen.

It is usually placed in Kitchen because that is where we also spend much time, much activities go on there.

Also, incase of fire hazard, smoke and heat generated during cooking, it is easy to exit than taking another route.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2021
n3xt:

150 bags of cement @2900 + 50 offloading fee is ready for delivery in atan ota tomorrow if you’re ready for it.

Engr.,there was one bench you posted here before. I have been looking for that picture or thread but couldn't seem to find. Please, Could it be shared with us again?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:27pm On Jan 14, 2021
Focusmind:

Engr there was one bench you posted here before. I have been looking for that picture or thread but couldn't seem to find. Please, Could it be shared with us again?

I am Bosun or Brabus

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1919) (1920) (1921) (1922) (1923) (1924) (1925) ... (3673) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: abbeyboy2o15(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.