Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,686 members, 7,831,127 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:04 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1947) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433105 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1944) (1945) (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 6:45am On Jan 24, 2021
Madam d madam , u don reach here . Well done
modath:

Impressive... Review nice, and your post.. nice.

Kindly follow the link on my siggy, i'd love to recommend you to my relative...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 7:27am On Jan 24, 2021
n3xt:

Oga why na?

We reserved a frontrow seat for you at kobocity.com

OK... Deal and soon
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:18am On Jan 24, 2021
Twostep:
Please house, how much is 30 tons of granite and 10 tyre sharp sand respectively?

In urgent need for them on Monday, also can anyone here supply ?
₦215k & ₦90k respectively
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:26am On Jan 24, 2021
segzyfunmi:
Good evening to everyone.

Pls I need a quick professional response on my matter.

My uncle wants to start his project in Abeokuta on Monday. His site has been cleared and foundation is to commence on Monday. He just funded his daughter's wedding last Saturday so he's not too boxed up, but he still insist on starting with one loose fund of #2.5million.

The problem is the engineer in charge is insisting on 3Million as indicated on the BOQ prepared by him, then an additional 5% of 3Million as the engineer's fee. Labour alone is 550k excluding engineer's fee.

It's a plot of land with very hard/dry soil in Abeokuta. The plan is strip foundation of 3bedroom up and 3bedroom down. That's just a storey building.

Professionals in the house pls help analyze if this high cost is worth it.
Am in Abeokuta will guide you accordingly. You will surely need an engineer.

I will supply you best quantity & quality materials.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 8:35am On Jan 24, 2021
Good morning everyone
All kind of your executive water closet �
WhatsApp;07062955047,09077504287.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:36am On Jan 24, 2021
BiigTee:
I and oga rotech are going to the site on Thursday! He is the contractor I am using! Can u send me ur contact number so i can get back to you on Thursday... By then i should be able to tell you when exactly it would be needed..

Slab Form work almost done.
Next line of action now will be reinforcement work, watch out !
Thanks for your patronage
More grease to your elbow

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:40am On Jan 24, 2021
Chekitaut:
Am in Abeokuta will guide you accordingly. You will surely need an engineer.

I will supply you best quantity & quality materials.

My Oga, where’s my Christmas and New Year gift?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:53am On Jan 24, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Wow.

11.5m without plastering. Have you done POP?

I know there a people here, even Engineers, who say they will build and finish a standard 3 bedroom with 3million.. grin cheesy cheesy grin

Roofing alone will cost about 1 million!

Minister please off the mic �

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 9:06am On Jan 24, 2021
Hello,
We're still here.
Let's fix the ceiling of your new home! It's what we do best.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:17am On Jan 24, 2021
registerin:

@mountmoriah

My special thanks to you for delivering quality good woods for my client roofing project and your team of carpenters for the wonderful job you all did. The customer was delighted with the work and especially appreciated your suggested modifications on the roof, The extra time and effort you put in were certainly worthwhile. It is a joy for me to work with such dedicated and talented person.

We shall do more together in the future by God grace.

Thanks
Let handle the covering of roofing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by registerin: 9:22am On Jan 24, 2021
money121:

Let handle the covering of roofing
@mountmoriah is already in charge of the roofing covering, the covering should be completed on Tuesday, maybe so other time.

Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:30am On Jan 24, 2021
registerin:
@mountmoriah is already in charge of the roofing covering, the covering should be completed on Tuesday, maybe so other time.

Thank you so much.
Nice one thanks for ur respond
Mo appreciate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:32am On Jan 24, 2021
With 1.7m+ you will achieve this without Woodwrk
For your Next Roofing Project Whatsapp 08085310359
#imranRoofing
#roofing
#buildingmaterials

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 10:11am On Jan 24, 2021
Good morning good people.
Click on this link to watch a short clip and animation (Walk through) of this building design

You will be glad you did.
We Design and Build...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3vobbfqt0[/b]

If you love what you just watched.
You can reach us on the details you see there.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:21am On Jan 24, 2021
diordaves:

I'm not sure it is good advice for the BOQ to have been prepared by the resident engineer of the project. Conflict of interest comes to mind. I'm of the opinion BOQ should be prepared independently of the resident engineer or builder. "3 bedroom up and 3 bedroom down" means the project is two units of three bedrooms right? 3 million is a fantastic fantasy to supervise just the foundation. To be honest, 3 million to supervise the whole building to completion is still a fantasy. Less than a 100k for a dry land foundation in your location is more like it. Get a second and third quote.

How you come about the bolded I'm surprised. Is that how you have been doing?

A quote is been done by the person who is expected to get the job done.
Now the other line to tow is to get a QS to give a quote which the client can use as comparison and monitor the actual work to be done.

The client has his 2.5M, he can procure the materials by himself ensuring he is getting the right ones.

Are you sure you actually read the post well.
The engineer is requesting for his engineering/supervision fees of 3% of the 3M quoted to build the sub structure.

Please edit your post. Don't be in a hurry to criticize wrongly.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:30am On Jan 24, 2021
Yay or Nay?

This is something I’m working on for a minimalist project. Would you chose same and why?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:38am On Jan 24, 2021
n3xt:
Yay or Nay?

This is something I’m working on for a minimalist project. Would you chose same and why?
this is beautiful but not cheap oh. Forget the minimalist looks.

Before you can get a flat bar that will be that straight and firm, you're looking at at least 5mm and above and the cost starts at #3700 for 10ft. Oya do your maths

1sqm will set you back up to 20,000 at least

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:39am On Jan 24, 2021
bixton:

How you come about the bolded I'm surprised. Is that how you have been doing?

A quote is been done by the person who is expected to get the job done.
Now the other line to tow is to get a QS to give a quote which the client can use as comparison and monitor the actual work to be done.

The client has his 2.5M, he can procure the materials by himself ensuring he is getting the right ones.

Are you sure you actually read the post well.
The engineer is requesting for his engineering/supervision fees of 3% of the 3M quoted to build the sub structure.

Please edit your post. Don't be in a hurry to criticize wrongly.

This is nairaland!

Now that option quote is recommended. Will it come from 2 other Quantity Surveyors?

________
My only grouse with the engineer is insisting that N3m must be complete before the job can start. I have nothing against him charging 5% for the job.

I’ve been on a job that a client paid me 25% of total sum of the project as supervision fee and it was paid even before we commence the project. Supervision fee na luck grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:44am On Jan 24, 2021
michlins:
this is beautiful but not cheap oh. Forget the minimalist looks.

Before you can get a flat bar that will be that straight and firm, you're looking at at least 5mm and above and the cost starts at #3700 for 10ft. Oya do your maths

1sqm will set you back up to 20,000 at least

Thanks bro!

This is a personal project. I no dey look cost on stuffs like this grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 10:48am On Jan 24, 2021
n3xt:

This is nairaland!

Now that option quote is recommended. Will it come from 2 other Quantity Surveyors?

Well if the QS can give him a free quote he can get from as many as he can. grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:56am On Jan 24, 2021
bixton:

Well if the QS can give him a free quote he can get from as many as he can. grin grin

grin grin

QS in the house.

Sirs/Mas, please I have people interested in free estimation service o.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:14am On Jan 24, 2021
Dijita:

I think it is better done with windows. how much with this type of window including installation. black glass black aluminum
Please more explanation on the bolded

Window Alone - N60,000
Bi-folding Window Metal Protector - N30,000

My challenge right now is getting good materials for the louvre design that can sufficiently secure a house.

I’ve checked aluminum blade and polycarbonate materials but I’m not sure it’d be as strong as having a 14mm square rod in slat design.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:26am On Jan 24, 2021
n3xt:

Thanks bro!

This is a personal project. I no dey look cost on stuffs like this grin grin

zero worries. I'm just clearing up that because someone will carry it now and start pricing it kobo kobo price

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:37am On Jan 24, 2021
Dennis3D:
Good morning good people.
Click on this link to watch a short clip and animation (Walk through) of this building design

You will be glad you did.
We Design and Build...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV3vobbfqt0[/b]

If you love what you just watched.
You can reach us on the details you see there.

Thank you.
Bravo, master of space management

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2021
n3xt:

This is nairaland!

________
My only grouse with the engineer is insisting that N3m must be complete before the job can start. I have nothing against him charging 5% for the job

I’ve been on a job that a client paid me 25% of total sum of the project as supervision fee and it was paid even before we commence the project. Supervision fee na luck grin

Bold 1
The engineer is entitled to insist but the client is also entitled to bargain and work according to what he has at the moment. That is not something anyone should quarrel about.

Bold 2
Yes there are very good clients in the industry and there are not too good ones especially those you truly truly truly tell them the truth. All na luck.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by whatisgood: 11:38am On Jan 24, 2021
Thenext:
I would like to give feedback on my transaction with mountmoriah regarding the woods i bought from him yesterday. I saw his post here on nairaland that he is into wood business, lo and behold his post came at the right time that i needed to make a final decision on who to supply me my decking woods. I contacted him via whatsapp and he responded within a seconds and we finalised the deal within 30 miunutes. I linked him with my Engr. for further discussions and both agreed to go on with supply within 5 minutes. Mountmoriah supplied my Engr with 1by12(600 pieces) and 2by3(300 pieces) the following day, the woods are very good and very complete. Mountmoriah has been one of the best supplier (if not best) in term of responds to customers and sticking to agreement. Please kindly patronize him for your wood supply

I will also want to leave my own feedback and my experience with @mountmoriah

I have been a guest on nairaland for some time now over 3 years, exploring especially the properties and the auto section, so my project is on roofing level, and i want to roof and cover it, and relax till there will be more funds, I have been following @mountmoriah for sometime now and i love the positive feedback i got from other nairalanders who patronize him, so on Friday last week, around 8am i called him, we negotiate, he brought the perfect numbers and exactly woods i requested to my site at Ajah around 4.30pm, well done- and ahead of the deadline too, without any up front payment, we counted the woods on site, one after the other it was accurate, my carpenter called me behind while they are still on site that these are good and correct woods, I transfer all is money to him right there on site.

If not that i already seal an agreement with my carpenter for the roofing, i would have allow him to handle it, but i promise him, he will be the one to cover the house, once the carpenters are through with the roofing, Thanks @mountmoriah, this exactly what I was looking for, promise and not fail, this is more than I expected, and am very well pleased.

Thank you, Keep it up @mountmoriah

The sky is just a stepping stone,

God bless your hustling

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 11:55am On Jan 24, 2021
Chief, I noticed most people use Black stone coat roofing. Does this by chance mean other colors fade in color over time due to the harsh weather condition and black stands the rest of time reasonably?

Thanks,

money121:
With 1.7m+ you will achieve this without Woodwrk
For your Next Roofing Project Whatsapp 08085310359
#imranRoofing
#roofing
#buildingmaterials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Adedward(m): 12:00pm On Jan 24, 2021
Happy Sunday here,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 12:16pm On Jan 24, 2021
Twostep:
Chief, I noticed most people use Black stone coat roofing. Does this by chance mean other colors fade in color over time due to the harsh weather condition and black stands the rest of time reasonably?

Thanks,

When come to colour in roofing sheet
Both stone coated and Aluminium black colour is common and selling fast becos when you ready to paint the building it those not select paint
But other colour will select..
And it depend on client choice as well some clients don't like black colour because is too common

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:18pm On Jan 24, 2021
whatisgood:

I will also want to leave my own feedback and my experience with @mountmoriah

I have been a guest on nairaland for some time now over 3 years, exploring especially the properties and the auto section, so my project is on roofing level, and i want to roof and cover it, and relax till there will be more funds, I have been following @mountmoriah for sometime now and i love the positive feedback i got from other nairalanders who patronize him, so on Friday last week, around 8am i called him, we negotiate, he brought the perfect numbers and exactly woods i requested to my site at Ajah around 4.30pm, well done- and ahead of the deadline too, without any up front payment, we counted the woods on site, one after the other it was accurate, my carpenter called me behind while they are still on site that these are good and correct woods, I transfer all is money to him right there on site.

If not that i already seal an agreement with my carpenter for the roofing, i would have allow him to handle it, but i promise him, he will be the one to cover the house, once the carpenters are through with the roofing, Thanks @mountmoriah, this exactly what I was looking for, promise and not fail, this is more than I expected, and am very well pleased.

Thank you, Keep it up @mountmoriah

The sky is just a stepping stone,

God bless your hustling

Smart suppliers use kobocity.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segzyfunmi: 1:00pm On Jan 24, 2021
n3xt:

Even the state government didn’t offer registered state contractors N2.5m as upfront for a semi-detached unit.

He won’t exhaust the 2.5m to finish the job in Abeokuta so make him an offer he can’t refuse.

“Take it or leave it.”

If he says no, there are hundred of competent engineers who are ready to kickoff on Monday morning in Abeokuta. If you can’t find, just go to the Ministry. I’ll give you contact of a director in the ministry of housing to work with.

______
Don’t let us ask you to share the plan and use scissors to cut down the cost grin

Thanks a lot. Pls share contact of alternative as suggested. Pls tell me, what do you think should be the rough estimate for labour and engineer fee??

(1) (2) (3) ... (1944) (1945) (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.