Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,510 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:26 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1950) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4432128 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 7:59am On Jan 25, 2021
cash1115:
120k depending on your design

Same design as you have it there in the first picture. That's a simple design and I was attracted because of its minimalist nature. I am a minimalist.

120k is high naa for this simple design.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by tipzy001: 8:11am On Jan 25, 2021
cash1115:
120k depending on your design
Does this include the cost of the materials?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by samoranononi(m): 10:27am On Jan 25, 2021
Good morning great engineers.

Living faith church is recruiting contractors for their new church projects that's coming up soon and I thought of sharing the information with you guys.

This is the link to register.
https://ppdportal.lfcww.org/ruralchurchproject

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 10:31am On Jan 25, 2021
davodyguy:

You're in Asia and 55%(or more) of all we use in Nigeria comes from China (Wuhan, Guangdong especially)

Why not import?

Here's the secret.

Before the pandemic hit deep, it cost just ₦100,000 to import 1 CBM.

1 CBM is equivalent to 360kg.

So, when you see dealers lying to you in Alaba, Oyingbo, Idumota, Orile that their profit is small, it's a big fat lie.

Imagine importing all lightings, fittings, switches, Water heater etc which are less than 1 CBM and paying as little as ₦30,000 and all the items you bought cost you only ₦60,000. Add 1+2 to give you approximately ₦100,000

Everything that cost you ₦100k to buy and ship from China, will cost you ₦500,000 to buy in Nigeria if not more.

Chai, these days I'm revealing too much

My oga, I school in China. The pandemic hasn't made me return back due to the reason that China isn't allowing foreigners into their country. I will like us to align as regards any import from China. What do you think?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RealBadBoy: 11:32am On Jan 25, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cool318(m): 11:45am On Jan 25, 2021
davodyguy:

You're in Asia and 55%(or more) of all we use in Nigeria comes from China (Wuhan, Guangdong especially)

Why not import?

Here's the secret.

Before the pandemic hit deep, it cost just ₦100,000 to import 1 CBM.

1 CBM is equivalent to 360kg.

So, when you see dealers lying to you in Alaba, Oyingbo, Idumota, Orile that their profit is small, it's a big fat lie.

Imagine importing all lightings, fittings, switches, Water heater etc which are less than 1 CBM and paying as little as ₦30,000 and all the items you bought cost you only ₦60,000. Add 1+2 to give you approximately ₦100,000

Everything that cost you ₦100k to buy and ship from China, will cost you ₦500,000 to buy in Nigeria if not more.

Chai, these days I'm revealing too much

God Bless you real Good my brother.
You will be rewarded when we start the dealings, we are still fine tunning and seeking for opinion of good people like you.
I will DM you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 1:53pm On Jan 25, 2021
soonest:

Haba! Is it going up again?

My Sister the price is already up
cement 3k
sad
Nigeria is hell
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RealBadBoy: 2:05pm On Jan 25, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nifty247(m): 2:06pm On Jan 25, 2021
Where can I get EPS (Expandable Polystyrene System) in Ibadan? It's needed to form concrete pockets.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 3:03pm On Jan 25, 2021
I have a question for the gurus in the house, who have experience with this:

Is it possible to have TWO Submersible Pumping Machines inside a Borehole?
Each one is to be powered separately, will run at the same time and will supply water to two different, unrelated tanks.
What are the various things to be on the lookout for?

Thank you for your contribution.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:18pm On Jan 25, 2021
lastpage:

Each one is to be powered separately, will run at the same time and will supply water to two different, unrelated tanks.

Not sure is possible

Cc topsy23
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 3:35pm On Jan 25, 2021
kopell:
From the heap I saw on the ground, I would assume its 30 tons. I receive 6 loads of similar truck few weeks back. I made sure when each of the truck off loading I got a picture of the off loading. That's the best I can do to ensure I'm not short changed.

This is what each heap looks like.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2021
asskush:
Hello All,

Experts in the house , kindly assist me to validate below quotation for 3 bedroom house roofing

Thanks so much..
This member later award the roofing job to imranroofing
Payment confirmed

Corrugation commence Shortly

Call/Whatsapp 08085310359 for your next roofing project...

Below is our Quote and pictures of the building

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 4:07pm On Jan 25, 2021
lastpage:

Just get a more powerful pump that can pump as much you need per minute, I used a pump that pump 36 meters in 2000 gallons in 35 minutes.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 5:09pm On Jan 25, 2021
I will like to use this time to say thank you to Imran roofing for a job well done on my roofing.
Imran roofing professionalism is first class, there is no delay in their project . fast measurement, fast quotation, fast stone coated delivery and fast job completion.
They keep you up to date with frequent communication. I will also like to mention that while those who did the woodwork told me the roof measurement was 500sqm which I suspected was false due to the perfect rounding to the hundred. Imran roofing confirmed my suspiciousness when they quote 445sqm after their own measurement. Are they right or wrong? Well let this be your answer. picture they say don't lie.
Please let us all encourage competency, honesty and professionalism by referring Imran roofing to all that is in need of roofing services.
Thank you Imran aka money121

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 5:44pm On Jan 25, 2021
twinskenny:

Not sure is possible

Cc topsy23

kopell:
Just get a more powerful pump that can pump as much you need per minute, I used a pump that pump 36 meters in 2000 gallons in 35 minutes.

Thanks guys.
I want the two pumps to get power from their separate Electric Meters, two separate Buildings side-by-side, otherwise l will be settling quarrels.
But l want to avoid digging a second Borehole even as sharing the borehole makes the water better as it enjoys more usage. Water level in the area is high so supplying the pumps should not be a problem.

Thanks, still expecting more opinions from more gurus in the house

I am hoping that the Big bore Pipe can contain a second Pump and if it can, how to go about it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Personal123(m): 5:53pm On Jan 25, 2021
The first one looks OK but the second one looked like 27 tons but maybe it's from the angle you snapped it from

BuildingProject:

This is what each heap looks like.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2021
Dijita:
I will like to use this time to say thank you to Imran roofing for a job well done on my roofing.
Imran roofing professionalism is first class, there is no delay in their project . fast measurement, fast quotation, fast stone coated delivery and fast job completion.
They keep you up to date with frequent communication. I will also like to mention that while those who did the woodwork told me the roof measurement was 500sqm which I suspected was false due to the perfect rounding to the hundred. Imran roofing confirmed my suspiciousness when they quote 445sqm after their own measurement. Are they right or wrong? Well let this be your answer. picture they say don't lie.
Please let us all encourage competency, honesty and professionalism by referring Imran roofing to all that is in need of roofing services.
Thanks so much for your patronage..

For your next Roofing Project Call/Whatsapp 08085310359
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2021
GoodFaith:

My Sister the price is already up
cement 3k
sad
Nigeria is hell
3500 as at 11am this morning, warehouse price .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 6:33pm On Jan 25, 2021
In my current residence, we hv 2 pumping machine given water to 2 different flats . Pumps water one at a time as u cant pump both machine at same time . I feel both are connected to the borehole but only pumps one at time .
lastpage:

Thanks guys.
I want the two pumps to get power from their separate Electric Meters, two separate Buildings side-by-side, otherwise l will be settling quarrels.
But l want to avoid digging a second Borehole even as sharing the borehole makes the water better as it enjoys more usage. Water level in the area is high so supplying the pumps should not be a problem.

I am hoping that the Big bore Pipe can contain a second Pump and if it can, how to go about it.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 7:01pm On Jan 25, 2021
lastpage:

Thanks guys.

If it's possible you should use 2 separate pipes that will hold the submersible instead of one pipe to hold 2 pumps.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 7:12pm On Jan 25, 2021
DancingSkeleton:

This is bad. Which warehouse please?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 7:15pm On Jan 25, 2021
DancingSkeleton:

You are still patronizing greedy people.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:18pm On Jan 25, 2021
bixton:

If it's possible you should use 2 separate pipes that will hold the submersible instead of one pipe to hold 2 pumps.
in addition to this opinion, if your water level is very high, you can as well make one 1 1/2 meters away from the other one. The can program them to pump at different time.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:26pm On Jan 25, 2021
Focusmind:

Same design as you have it there in the first picture. That's a simple design and I was attracted because of its minimalist nature. I am a minimalist.

120k is high naa for this simple design.
prices of pop plaster has gone up sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:27pm On Jan 25, 2021
tipzy001:
Does this include the cost of the materials?
yes including the materials
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 7:34pm On Jan 25, 2021
Enyinne:
In my current residence, we hv 2 pumping machine given water to 2 different flats . Pumps water one at a time as u cant pump both machine at same time . I feel both are connected to the borehole but only pumps one at time .

Thanks Sis, for the info. I see you are using a 2 SURFACE Pump.
I have the intent to insert both SUBMERSIBLE Pumps into the single borehole pipe from the ground and have both working at the same time and each serving different buildings that are adjacent to each other.

I think it is do-able (my opinion), as long as water in the bore-pipe can cover both pumps simultaneously but l still need more opinions, people who have perhaps, done something similar or are in the business.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by lastpage: 7:40pm On Jan 25, 2021
bixton:

Thank you for this.
The current situation is that l have a working borehole, with its pump and wiring intact.
I acquired an adjacent building recently and l have done a borehole there but the water is not clean enough, unlike the one that is already in place for some years now. I had to abandon the recent Borehole effort, the water is just not clean enough for use. I had pumped it out for five days non-stop, hoping it will eventually get clean.

My plan is to extend the same borehole to the adjacent building without sharing the Pumping infrastructure of the first, such that they work independently of each other while sharing that singular hole that was dug into the ground, from which the clean water comes from.
I hope this is not wishful thinking?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:01pm On Jan 25, 2021
Dijita:

Nice roof!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 8:06pm On Jan 25, 2021
lastpage:

Thanks Sis, for the info. I see you are using a 2 SURFACE Pump.
I have the intent to insert both SUBMERSIBLE Pumps into the single borehole pipe from the ground and have both working at the same time and each serving different buildings that are adjacent to each other.

I think it is do-able (my opinion), as long as water in the bore-pipe can cover both pumps simultaneously but l still need more opinions, people who have perhaps, done something similar or are in the business.

Let's all kindly take a look at something similar someone ask and see if it can be resolved.......

Just click on the link and read........

https://forum.cyclestopvalves.com/index.php?topic=25.0

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2021
Ur china wall tiles �
30by60 suitable for (toilet& bathroom) walls
WhatsApp, 09077504287,07062955047

2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DancingSkeleton(m): 8:38pm On Jan 25, 2021
folmus:

You are still patronizing greedy people.

lol I went there to buy pop cement instead, I bought mine on Saturday for 2,650 grin cheesy I’ll go and collect it tomorrow.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) (1953) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.