Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,664 members, 7,813,228 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:01 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1949) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4378444 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 6:45pm On Jan 24, 2021
@N3XT, do you or you have someone that can supply a truck of Lafarge cements to Abeokuta alongside the logistics to the site?
Kindly let me know.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 6:56pm On Jan 24, 2021
A tiles that inspire you to live a lavish Life...�
Adorable price her( blessedsunny2) WhatsApp;

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by segzyfunmi: 7:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
PrimeQuay:
Happy Sunday,
This point you raised is the bomb. Engineer's deliberately inflate the cost to increase their percentage due to them

I totally agree with this point of view i.e engaging a QS who is independent of the project.

However in my limited experience, bill of material and labor does vary from QS to QS. how does one eliminate inconsistencies.

Ive also noticed that engineers might markup labor costs (especially) in order to increase the total, resulting to a higher figure if they are working on %.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Focusmind: 8:35pm On Jan 24, 2021
cash1115:
Hello,
We're still here.
Let's fix the ceiling of your new home! It's what we do best.

How much will this first POP TV console cost?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 8:36pm On Jan 24, 2021
Hello house, can someone please help me to verify this truck is 30 tonnes? Cause this is what my supplier used in bringing granite and he claimed it's 30 tonnes. Like he is claiming the bucket at the back was Built. I don't even understand the English he is using again.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 8:42pm On Jan 24, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
A tiles that inspire you to live a lavish Life...�
Adorable price her( blessedsunny2) WhatsApp;
you are not serious, u think we are here to joke? Different people have asked you to put prices on your Ad but you ignore them. Not everyone gat time to be calling you to hear different prices.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2021
BuildingProject:
Hello house, can someone please help me to verify this truck is 30 tonnes? Cause this is what my supplier used in bringing granite and he claimed it's 30 tonnes. Like he is claiming the bucket at the back was Built. I don't even understand the English he is using again.
you shouldn't be bothered about the truck, you should be bothered about the content inside(that's where they cheat). And to your question, that's 30 ton cos I use same truck to buy granite

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 8:44pm On Jan 24, 2021
With granite it doesn't really matter what truck was used to convey the materials, unlike sand where you MAY be able to tell the bucket size visually.
What matters is what was loaded unto it. So its better you show the granite on the floor.

We have received granite many times in a similar truck & bucket, recently we received in a HOWO truck.same full load.
My guess is that it is complete if that bucket was indeed loaded fully.

BuildingProject:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 8:59pm On Jan 24, 2021
This platform is it drama whereby people say whatever it is that crosses their mind ....�(
zuraking:
you are not serious, u think we are here to joke? Different people have asked you to put prices on your Ad but you ignore them. Not everyone gat time to be calling you to hear different prices.
kiss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 9:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
megacontrol:
With granite it doesn't really matter what truck was used to convey the materials, unlike sand where you MAY be able to tell the bucket size visually.
What matters is what was loaded unto it. So its better you show the granite on the floor.

We have received granite many times in a similar truck & bucket, recently we received in a HOWO truck.same full load.
My guess is that it is complete if that bucket was indeed loaded fully.

I will take a proper picture tomorrow. Although we're already working towards the decking and the engineer said I need 90 cubits of granite so they just joined all the delivery together.

So I don't know if it can be ascertain with this.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 9:28pm On Jan 24, 2021
BuildingProject:

I will take a proper picture tomorrow. Although we're already working towards the decking and the engineer said I need 90 cubits of granite so they just joined all the delivery together.

So I don't know if it can be ascertain with this.

Are you saying they joined the granite together in the same heap...

So how many heaps do you see by the partitions?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:32pm On Jan 24, 2021
cool318:
Good evening able builders , suppliers and prospective clients. It's a great pleasure stepping into this learning arena.

Pls my question is this: Is it cost effective for somebody outside the country (Asia) to be precise, to shop for home fittings like: WC's, lights and fittings ( both indoor & Outdoor), Television and home theater, AC's, curtains and fittings, kitchen cabinets, wrought irons for rails and fancy doors, solar street lights & CCTV etc.

Please, experienced expert advice is needed in terms of the cost of Container and shipping charges.
Is it cheaper over there as one is buying in bulk.

You're in Asia and 55%(or more) of all we use in Nigeria comes from China (Wuhan, Guangdong especially)

Why not import?

Here's the secret.

Before the pandemic hit deep, it cost just ₦100,000 to import 1 CBM.

1 CBM is equivalent to 360kg.

So, when you see dealers lying to you in Alaba, Oyingbo, Idumota, Orile that their profit is small, it's a big fat lie.

Imagine importing all lightings, fittings, switches, Water heater etc which are less than 1 CBM and paying as little as ₦30,000 and all the items you bought cost you only ₦60,000. Add 1+2 to give you approximately ₦100,000

Everything that cost you ₦100k to buy and ship from China, will cost you ₦500,000 to buy in Nigeria if not more.

Chai, these days I'm revealing too much

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mup4life: 10:40pm On Jan 24, 2021
Pls i need a roofing wood supplier with good prices in warri. Any contacts?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertyVendor(m): 10:51pm On Jan 24, 2021
New Update : 24/1/21: Price of Dangote Cement now 3,000 Naira in Benin City..

Expo: So if u get work for site quickly book down tomorrow morning from ur supplier before information go spread o.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:02pm On Jan 24, 2021
BuildingProject:
From the heap I saw on the ground, I would assume its 30 tons. I receive 6 loads of similar truck few weeks back. I made sure when each of the truck off loading I got a picture of the off loading. That's the best I can do to ensure I'm not short changed.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by modath(f): 11:05pm On Jan 24, 2021
Enyinne:
Madam d madam , u don reach here . Well done

My biggest madam.. grin wink kiss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by modath(f): 11:06pm On Jan 24, 2021
davodyguy:

You're in Asia and 55%(or more) of all we use in Nigeria comes from China (Wuhan, Guangdong especially)

Why not import?

Here's the secret.

So, when you see dealers lying to you in Alaba, Oyingbo, Idumota, Orile that their profit is small, it's a big fat lie.

Imagine importing all lightings, fittings, switches, Water heater etc which are less than 1 CBM and paying as little as ₦30,000 and all the items you bought cost you only ₦60,000. Add 1+2 to give you approximately ₦100,000

Everything that cost you ₦100k to buy and ship from China, will cost you ₦500,000 to buy in Nigeria if not more.

Following..

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 11:34pm On Jan 24, 2021
PropertyVendor:

Expo: So if u get work for site quickly book down tomorrow morning from ur supplier before information go spread o.

Haba! Is it going up again?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Personal123(m): 12:13am On Jan 25, 2021
Of you need granite in warri you can contact me

Mup4life:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Personal123(m): 12:15am On Jan 25, 2021
If you need up to 450 bags of Dangote Cement and above in Benin I'll give you for 2700. Delivery included. If you are ready you pay on delivery

PropertyVendor:

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Personal123(m): 12:24am On Jan 25, 2021
I am a supplier and I have 10 trucks in my fleet (not my personal trucks) you can not get the actual quantity by picture or the truck, this is what we call flat bucket. If you have doubts and you are in Benin tell him to take you to sapele roadby Coca-Cola to rescale, you'll just pay 10k-15k at the scale. Just for avoidance of doubt, if you do that twice or more time and they know they can't predict you they will adjust and you should also ask for the way bill they use in buying it

BuildingProject:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Personal123(m): 12:29am On Jan 25, 2021
I can supply the granite and the price depends on the location. I'm in Benin you can pay on delivery

Twostep:
Please house, how much is 30 tons of granite and 10 tyre sharp sand respectively?

In urgent need for them on Monday, also can anyone here supply ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:36am On Jan 25, 2021
kopell:
Bravo, master of space management

Thanks sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dennis3D(m): 5:41am On Jan 25, 2021
Check out this 3 in one building one plot.
The vidz animation and walk through is available on our YouTube channel. 2 Semi Detached Duplex and 2 Flats.

One of our recent project design this January still. Thanks for your patronage. We appreciate you.

Like. What you see. Reach us. Thanks.
We manage land. Excellently.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PropertyVendor(m): 6:19am On Jan 25, 2021
soonest:

Haba! Is it going up again?

Yes, increase in price and increase of transportation cost for distributors.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 6:24am On Jan 25, 2021
n3xt:

Window Alone - N60,000
Bi-folding Window Metal Protector - N30,000

My challenge right now is getting good materials for the louvre design that can sufficiently secure a house.

I’ve checked aluminum blade and polycarbonate materials but I’m not sure it’d be as strong as having a 14mm square rod in slat design.

Please forgive my ignorance.
I thought the picture of the louver design is a deployed solution
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larry1960: 6:30am On Jan 25, 2021
Dennis3D:
Check out this 3 in one building one plot.
The vidz animation and walk through is available on our YouTube channel. 2 Semi Detached Duplex and 2 Flats.

One of our recent project design this January still. Thanks for your patronage. We appreciate you.

Like. What you see. Reach us. Thanks.
We manage land. Excellently.

What's the cost for both architectural and structural design of a 4 bedroom duplex
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 6:55am On Jan 25, 2021
Mup4life:
Let imranRoofing handle the covering
We base in lagos but we work nationwide

You can reach us on 08085310359
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mup4life: 7:12am On Jan 25, 2021
Mup4life:
still needed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:26am On Jan 25, 2021
Focusmind:

How much will this first POP TV console cost?
120k depending on your design
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:43am On Jan 25, 2021
davodyguy:

Why not import?

Here's the secret.

Can chemicals be shipped in one tonne capacity and do you have details of a reliable shipping agents.
With the rate prices are escalating, the only alternative is to get from the source so as to give clients reasonable price which the market is making a hard task.
Regards sir.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 7:49am On Jan 25, 2021
Mup4life:
still needed
Add me on whatsapp let me connect u with some of my clients in warri
That we have handle they roofing job
Maybe there can connect u with wood supplier around that area

08085310359 my number

(1) (2) (3) ... (1946) (1947) (1948) (1949) (1950) (1951) (1952) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: obago(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.