Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,722 members, 7,831,297 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:43 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1961) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433509 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1958) (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 9:39pm On Jan 29, 2021
1.) it is from the DPC level.
2.) there are about 18 columns, the kitchen has about 6, 3 at either sides. the reason i asked is that people don't talk much about it on NL.

ArcToyin:

1) How deep is the crack?

2) If you plan the decking of roof right from foundation by installing columns and column bases in the said position, you can go ahead with decking but if not, kindly move to doing scaffold.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:41pm On Jan 29, 2021
Abeokuta axis of Ogun State price of Granite may go up by monday to ₦4,100/ton excluding Transportation

Transportation: Call

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:51pm On Jan 29, 2021
New restriction time from Lagos to Trucks and Trailers will affect all building materials price in Lagos & environs.

Movement time is now 9pm to 6am.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 9:53pm On Jan 29, 2021
We still deliver 30tons Granite @ ₦215,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 10:00pm On Jan 29, 2021
princenomics:
1. Please house how can i correct this crack on the wall. it is really giving me sleepless night.
2. i need advice on if i should mount a water tank scaffold or deck the kitchen roof to mount the tank
Settlement crack
Options

Cut out that portion and add reinforcement then plaster.

Then screed with POP cement, top bond gum and normal cement.

If it's not a major structural issue, you'll not see it again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 29, 2021
BrabusNG:

I've shared a contact and nairaland spambot did its thing.

Call Ramon on 0 nine zero 68300 nine nine eight.

He did most of the plumbing jobs in Diamond Estate I & II, Sangotedo
Good day, on your next project, I can supply you plumbing materials and sanitary wares, I have a warehouse on the mainland though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 11:22pm On Jan 29, 2021
rotecch77:
Anambra state,
“Light of the nation”
We are coming very soon for the finishings of this structure.
*standard Plastering with gauge.
*tiling
*pop
* painting
Etc
Watch out!

Lovely house. Do your best and greet the owner for me.

If na my house, I for deck between the two front pillars with stairs leading to the space and use it as upper sit-out. It is called bonus room. The roof concept make sense.

The anti-high roof geng never show?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 11:34pm On Jan 29, 2021
Is there anyone here that deals in Electric fence?

I want to fix same and need someone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 11:37pm On Jan 29, 2021
rotecch77:
Anambra state,
“Light of the nation”
*tiling
*pop
* painting
Etc
Watch out!

One thing I notice about houses built in Anambra state is that the houses always looks beautiful from outside but when you enter the house, the internal designs/plan aren't always good.

Please I'm not trying to critic ur project. I'm only stating my observation

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:42pm On Jan 29, 2021
davodyguy:

twinkenny na, one of the best if not the best. Electric fence, cctv, electrical work, etc. 08051355133
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 11:42pm On Jan 29, 2021
Chekitaut:
Ikotun
Granite is ₦215k
Sharp Sand is ₦100k
Iron rod price same

How much is 30 tonne of filling red sand and 30 tonne of filling sharp sand?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 11:45pm On Jan 29, 2021
ArcToyin:

Sir, Ogun State is not different from Lagos. Am not condemning the scheme from being truthful, it might yield expectations but human involvement is a problem. I was still at there Revenue office & Town Planning of Ado/Odo Ota this week, come and see the assessment that was worked out. The woman added a "sum" personally for herself without naming it anything. There, you pay cash, they will be the one to lodge it into state account.
Some of the people Ambode sacked at Ministry of Physical Planning in Lagos have found their way to be appointed into office in Ogun State in the ministry of Physical Planning.

They're implementing their revenue drive at they ministry in a terrible way. I had the opportunity of telling the commissioner last year that they need to be more people friendly.

Imagine us being billed ₦7,300,000 as assessment for Gas skid.

We bought the land ₦1,000,000
We spent ₦2,400,000 to put up the skid.
Less than ₦4,000,000 on land and skid

Physical Planning is now asking for ₦7.3m assessment to get approval. Just imagine approval cost higher than land value and cost of development.

How will they attract investment into Ogun State that way?

We have 6-7 projects like that they we would be paying over ₦45m to get ordinary approval.

Note that this is still different from cost of obtaining C of O. By the time Lands Bureau bill you, theirs could be as high as ₦5m to obtain C of O. Cause of revenue, government fees is higher than cost of investment on project

No wonder almost all Gas Plant and Filling Stations in Ogun State do not have approval due to insensitivity of government.

Wouldn't it be better to slash the fees and invite more people to come forward for approval than chasing people away?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ihedioramma: 4:38am On Jan 30, 2021
rotecch77:

Actually it boils down to choice.
But me I don’t really like the black of it too.
This my client insisted on conventional colour (black)he used to, I told him OGA let’s use another colour he didn’t listen until we got to ware house he changed his mind to this colour
What's the cost of this hause .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 4:50am On Jan 30, 2021
davodyguy:

Some of the people Ambode sacked at Ministry of Physical Planning in Lagos have found their way to be appointed into office in Ogun State in the ministry of Physical Planning.

They're implementing their revenue drive at they ministry in a terrible way. I had the opportunity of telling the commissioner last year that they need to be more people friendly.

Physical Planning is now asking for ₦7.3m assessment to get approval. Just imagine approval cost higher than land value and cost of development.

We have 6-7 projects like that they we would be paying over ₦45m to get ordinary approval.

Note that this is still different from cost of obtaining C of O. By the time Lands Bureau bill you, theirs could be as high as ₦5m to obtain C of O. Cause of revenue, government fees is higher than cost of investment on project

No wonder almost all Gas Plant and Filling Stations in Ogun State do not have approval due to insensitivity of government.

Wouldn't it be better to slash the fees and invite more people to come forward for approval than chasing people away?

I think they’re all out on commercial.

I still know and believe the guys in Ogun state civil service are lesser evil compared to Lagos state.

I’ve been a part of the system for years. As a matter of fact, I’m a service provider to the Bureau of Physical Planning for years.

I still paid less than 230k for the approval of a residential project 2 months ago. Out of the fund, 90k went for Tax/Stamp Duty; Assessment 110k and the rest was for processing.

I think they know LAGOS immigrants and always charge them accordingly.

I was checking list of govt contractors at the Contract Registry few weeks ago and I realize most of the contractors from Lagos state paid more than those from other states. While some are paying as low as 15k, most of the lagosian contractors are paying over 120k though for a different category of contract.

I won’t be surprised if the amount go up in not too distant future because of the influx of Lagos moneybags who always throw monies at every problem.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:51am On Jan 30, 2021
The concept versus the job done. Looking forward to another one

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 4:52am On Jan 30, 2021
theForth:
Good day, on your next project, I can supply you plumbing materials and sanitary wares, I have a warehouse on the mainland though.

Ok sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by princenomics: 5:25am On Jan 30, 2021
Thanks so much.
davodyguy:

Settlement crack
Options

Cut out that portion and add reinforcement then plaster.

Then screed with POP cement, top bond gum and normal cement.

If it's not a major structural issue, you'll not see it again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 6:32am On Jan 30, 2021
Good morning...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:57am On Jan 30, 2021
davodyguy:

am here boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chekitaut: 8:39am On Jan 30, 2021
neduboo:

How much is 30 tonne of filling red sand and 30 tonne of filling sharp sand?
i dont do red filling but sharp sand.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:43am On Jan 30, 2021
olaleye2real:
Good morning...
Morning sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:07am On Jan 30, 2021
diordaves:

Lovely house. Do your best and greet the owner for me.

If na my house, I for deck between the two front pillars with stairs leading to the space and use it as upper sit-out. It is called bonus room. The roof concept make sense.

The anti-high roof geng never show?

definitely I will greet the owner on your behalf.
And your point is well noted and nice propose design, may be for next project.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:13am On Jan 30, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:13am On Jan 30, 2021
ihedioramma:
What's the cost of this hause .

30m Nigeria currency
62,000 euro
80,000 US dollar
290,000 Dirham

Give us any of these currencies
And let’s plant same building for you within 6-8month
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:16am On Jan 30, 2021
neduboo:

One thing I notice about houses built in Anambra state is that the houses always looks beautiful from outside but when you enter the house, the internal designs/plan aren't always good.

Point noted.
We will try our best here to bring out both the interior and the exterior to the top notch
Thanks so much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:47am On Jan 30, 2021
rotecch77:
Anambra state,
“Light of the nation”
*tiling
*pop
* painting
Etc
Watch out!

Is this same house owner was complaining about the roof been too high?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I have used Boss Revolution in the past. But I'm not sure if they accept Naira payment as you are now in Nigeria full time.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 9:58am On Jan 30, 2021
Good morning.
We are ready to serve you better. Contact us today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:10am On Jan 30, 2021
Happy weekend my people we are here for your electrical, cctv, whole house audio installation, and electric fence installations

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 30, 2021
neduboo:

lol. you are not far from the truth but most people really dont care about the interior maybe because they dont spend much time there, plus they hire local artisans who have a different concept of "finishing". to them, their work is bam but someone who has deep eyes would be disgusted by what they term as beautiful. i went to a hotel people were praising so much and me and my uncle had so much to criticize, ths receptionist just dey look us like where these ones come from. also, sometimes the owner of the house is not always there to say how a job should go or not go, and what he wants corrected thereby people just do what they like and deliver nonsense work. its a really difficult situation..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 10:53am On Jan 30, 2021
davodyguy:

Imagine, same scenario happened to this my Client. He was given a tax of #150,000 last year November, he refused to pay and was dilly-dally on it. We went together to their office to protest the amount. You wont believe that what was on the original receipt requested by the government was just #5000 whereas they brought #150,000.

The large cause of the problem of this country are the citizens

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 10:54am On Jan 30, 2021
davodyguy:

Imagine, same scenario happened to this my Client. He was given a tax of #150,000 last year November, he refused to pay and was dilly-dally on it. We went together to their office to protest the amount. You wont believe that what was on the original receipt requested by the government was just #5000 whereas they brought #150,000.

The large cause of the problem of this country are the citizens.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1958) (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joycluv and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.