Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1978) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391890 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1975) (1976) (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 3:17pm On Feb 04, 2021
vickzie:
extend the two windows behind the entrainment center to the extreme so you can have enough space to mount the TV and it's accompanying accessories. as for the columns, every edge should have one. excavate all foundation walls, you don't want to have cracks on any wall without a footing, though it's not a rule cast in stone.

Supported.

As a first time supervisor, I wouldn’t expect you to be looking for areas to compromise.
Foundation is a stage of work where everything need to be quality upfront.

The few naira’s you’ll save today might lead to structural failure that’ll cost your client a lot more tomorrow or in the future.

Do it right the first time.

_______

Pic 1 - 3 shows a foundation without footing. You can’t see the crack and the deflections of the wall as a result of settlement.

Pic 4 shows a foundation with footing. No issues.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:44pm On Feb 04, 2021
Hi don’t forget to check our thread

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire/57#98739186

Electrical cctv audio system electric fence
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Apologist02: 3:46pm On Feb 04, 2021
vickzie:
extend the two windows behind the entrainment center to the extreme so you can have enough space to mount the TV and it's accompanying accessories. as for the columns, every edge should have one. excavate all foundation walls, you don't want to have cracks on any wall without a footing, though it's not a rule cast in stone.
Thank you for the input.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Apologist02: 3:49pm On Feb 04, 2021
BrabusNG:

Supported.

As a first time supervisor, I wouldn’t expect you to be looking for areas to compromise.
Foundation is a stage of work where everything need to be quality upfront.

The few naira’s you’ll save today might lead to structural failure that’ll cost your client a lot more tomorrow or in the future.

Do it right the first time.
It is a family member project so any amount saved is not my gain. I just want to do the right thing with the least cost. Thank you for the advice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 4:20pm On Feb 04, 2021
Cement Price - 2800 (Sagamu)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by seborrhic: 4:25pm On Feb 04, 2021
Kaduna1stson:

The use of the provocative word was deliberate. He wanted to divert attention from the accusation by drawing more negative replies so he can do his wish which is to ban any contrary opinion and keep working the way he has been working. My submission was clear, and it came from my research here when I was called in last year to intervene on some tribal slurs. I looked for the mod, the brouhaha that lasted over two weeks went on without the mod doing anything. It was the politics mod who was coming here to ban.
I still maintain that something extraordinary was done to wake the mod up, and that's why I threw that red herring. His resort to throwing temper tantrums is simply regrettable.

His claim that he knew nothing about the fraud cases going on for 9 years, is a white lie. Going back to 2012 to dig.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 5:01pm On Feb 04, 2021
Dijita:

sorry my bad, my mind is not creative enough to imagine people hiding phone contact from someone working for them. I can understand you don't want every Jack and Jerry calling you but someone working on your project shouldn't be in that category
I don’t think anyone should blame them, am guilty of same attitude for personal reason. I do business with many contractors and builder on this platform that never had opportunity to see me in person. Sometimes I will be on the site, they won’t know am the one that give them the job. I like that way.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 5:03pm On Feb 04, 2021
Apologist02:

It is a family member project so any amount saved is not my gain. I just want to do the right thing with the least cost. Thank you for the advice.

Let's just assume least cost does not lead to least quality.
As your very first project coming from a family member it's paramount you don't do short cuts especially for the foundation of the build.

What is the nature of your land type?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Apologist02: 5:14pm On Feb 04, 2021
bixton:

Let's just assume least cost does not lead to least quality.
As your very first project coming from a family member it's paramount you don't do short cuts especially for the foundation of the build.

What is the nature of your land type?
I've taken the advice, all trenches will be excavated.
The land is dry and stable. Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 5:30pm On Feb 04, 2021
kopell:
I don’t think anyone should blame them, am guilty of same attitude for personal reason. I do business with many contractors and builder on this platform that never had opportunity to see me in person. Sometimes I will be on the site, they won’t know am the one that give them the job. I like that way.

shocked shocked shocked

Baba o! I can relate baba and understand your point but for ppl like us wey you give N50m - N100m job, doing hide and side no dey work o.

I don’t bump into people but there are few times we just need to have unrestricted access to the Oga.

I’m designing a project right now and my communication with the client must have shown to him my type of person. For every conversation we’ve had in the past two days I was engaged, there’s always a progress report.

I’m not going to call you and say “Happy New Month Sir” or “Thank you for the job you gave us. God will bless you in Jesus name that we both serve” or “I hope you have not forgotten us sir”

For every project I handle, there are thousand of decisions to be made and I will never take a unilateral decision without the approval of the Project Director (Home Owner). So if it’ll take me so long to achieve that then there’s a fundamental problem.

I agree that some people do abuse the undue privilege given to them.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 5:37pm On Feb 04, 2021
BrabusNG:

Good News, Finally!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 5:47pm On Feb 04, 2021
folmus:

Good News, Finally!

Not from retailers though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 6:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
Our store cladding is available in various beautiful colours and Created from the finest natural Stones
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 6:20pm On Feb 04, 2021
BrabusNG:

shocked shocked shocked

Baba o! I can relate baba and understand your point but for ppl like us wey you give N50m - N100m job, doing hide and side no dey work o.

I don’t bump into people but there are few times we just need to have unrestricted access to the Oga.

I’m designing a project right now and my communication with the client must have shown to him my type of person. For every conversation we’ve had in the past two days I was engaged, there’s always a progress report.

I’m not going to call you and say “Happy New Month Sir” or “Thank you for the job you gave us. God will bless you in Jesus name that we both serve” or “I hope you have not forgotten us sir”

For every project I handle, there are thousand of decisions to be made and I will never take a unilateral decision without the approval of the Project Director (Home Owner). So if it’ll take me so long to achieve that then there’s a fundamental problem.

I agree that some people do abuse the undue privilege given to them.
l understand your point, there is always going to be communication between clients and contractor to have better understand of what both want. In regards to your experience with a client that you can’t reach when in trouble with omo onile is mind boggling. My way of operation is completely different form that oooo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 6:22pm On Feb 04, 2021
Make we chill sometimes....hear everything first....

Dijita:

With all due respect, I think you are beating around the bush. The man allegation is specific . He was your client, there is an issue of 3million you promised to refund him since 2016 and you have not. You sound far smatter on most topics in the forum than the response you are giving. Just like Davodguy I will stop commenting on the issue.
To those of you who have genuine business on this forum you had better be policing this place yourself because you are going to loose out big. I will rather my brother or sister eat my money than someone I don't know from jack. I have done close to #3million business on this forum. I was about to go into another #2million plus for windows and electrical but I am no longer going to do it. I was even thinking of bigger plan in the future. However if one cannot trust those that appears to be knowledgeable and are very active what is the point? The transaction going on on this forum per year is probably close to a billion and no security whatsoever. Men forget it
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:11pm On Feb 04, 2021
Dijita:

With all due respect, I think you are beating around the bush. The man allegation is specific . He was your client, there is an issue of 3million you promised to refund him since 2016 and you have not. You sound far smatter on most topics in the forum than the response you are giving. Just like Davodguy I will stop commenting on the issue.
To those of you who have genuine business on this forum you had better be policing this place yourself because you are going to loose out big. I will rather my brother or sister eat my money than someone I don't know from jack. I have done close to #3million business on this forum. I was about to go into another #2million plus for windows and electrical but I am no longer going to do it. I was even thinking of bigger plan in the future. However if one cannot trust those that appears to be knowledgeable and are very active what is the point? The transaction going on on this forum per year is probably close to a billion and no security whatsoever. Men forget it

You have said it all

Lot of enabler or help him with excuses
I cut a dude off in Nairaland for JUST ONLY N1,000.00 or less
it was no because of the money
he was dishonest i did over 550k business with him
playing little games over transport of the goods

""To those of you who have genuine business on this forum you had better be policing this place yourself because you are going to loose out big

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:18pm On Feb 04, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
Our store cladding is available in various beautiful colours and Created from the finest natural Stones
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

You posting without price again
Put your prices

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:25pm On Feb 04, 2021
skimanski:
Chaii!! Pls ma, at least I have never defrauded anyone here ma. And never will. Please saying I defrauded you of 3.8m is incorrect and saying it like that means my name becomes labelled as such. And that becomes a problem for my business.

Please ma. I am sorry if there are delays in your project, but let’s say it the way it is. Please . This forum is where I grew up and got to where I am today. Please I haven’t and will never take any ones money. Definitely we have had challenges in projects. But never will we defraud anyone.

Three years delay unacceptable

"Please ma. I am sorry if there are delays in your project, but let’s say it the way it is. Please . This forum is where I grew up and got to where I am today. Please I haven’t and will never take any ones money. Definitely we have had challenges in projects. But never will we defraud anyone. "
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by salisuammy(f): 7:50pm On Feb 04, 2021
Please patronize us. To avoid any confusion/fraud, You can even buy the materials yourself while we fabricate and install for you. You will pay for workmanship.
WhatsApp:08079749032
Call: 08079425571.
NB: I am marketing for my husband please.
God bless you

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
salisuammy:
Please patronize us. To avoid any confusion/fraud, You can even buy the materials yourself while we fabricate and install for you. You will pay for workmanship.
God bless you
can you create a thread for him?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by salisuammy(f): 8:26pm On Feb 04, 2021
twinskenny:
can you create a thread for him?
Thank you for the advise. I will do that
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 8:30pm On Feb 04, 2021
salisuammy:
God bless you

I really like your strategy. Keep up the good job! We’d do business soon.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by salisuammy(f): 8:32pm On Feb 04, 2021
BrabusNG:

I really like your strategy. Keep up the good job! We’d do business soon.
Thank you so much sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:41pm On Feb 04, 2021
Well done.

salisuammy:
God bless you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PAPAFEELERS: 8:46pm On Feb 04, 2021
Dear Bosses in the house I need some heads up on what’s you understand between Half Casing & Full Casing in Borehole.

I met a fellow landlord in the area I was building and he told me why go for FULL casing that the half casing is also good based on interactions he has had with geologists.

He said the rocks drilled cannot collapse but the sedimentary and sandy part will collapse hence the half casing will take care of this part hence one does not need to case the hard rock sections.

He also said some of this drillers can be tricky as they would know when the rock is struck and will use half casing and tell the client that its full casing they did for the client because the client had already paid for full casing. In this case the client loses because he paid for full casing but was given half casing.

Please what’s your thoughts on full casing and half casing in terms of advantages & disadvantages?

I greet you all sir/ma.

CC: N3xt, Rotech,Spyder, abdulwastexx, Egunmogaji, Hajji the Don, plus all the experienced men and women in the house. Please your contributions is highly needed.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 9:10pm On Feb 04, 2021
BrabusNG:

It's coming down! Yesss....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 9:16pm On Feb 04, 2021
salisuammy:
God bless you
Wow congratulations madam, may almighty continue to bless your home, you’re good wife promoting her husband business. Most times is the other way, husband promoting wife business. This days many of these young ladies don’t care how their husband or boyfriend make money, they just like to spend money and more money. Some of them will even tell their men, don’t you see how A and Z is doing better go and do same. Some men without focus will fill less then man, will start losing track to do anything to bring money home.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by salisuammy(f): 9:21pm On Feb 04, 2021
kopell:
Wow congratulations madam, may almighty continue to bless your home, you’re good wife promoting her husband business. Most times is the other way, husband promoting wife business. This days many of these young ladies don’t care how their husband or boyfriend make money, they just like to spend money and more money. Some of them will even tell their men, don’t you see how A and Z is doing better go and do same. Some men without focus will fill less then man, will start losing track to do anything to bring money home.
I really appreciate you my brother. God bless you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 9:48pm On Feb 04, 2021
Hello this is my review...
After talking to almost 11 roofing vendors...I decide to settle with money..

We agreed price...he delivered in less than 24hrs...my roof was completed within 48hrs...I have never met an honest business man in my life like him...this roof is best in the world...
I choose a bush green sheets..

Caveats: this was only intended for jokes and laughter purposes...in no way shape or form does it mean endorsement or caricature..

Let us lighten up a bit...its been tough few days here...small smile will not kill us..una goodnight ..

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Paras011: 9:57pm On Feb 04, 2021
Let’s Build Together

Register as an Architect

Now you can make your architectural business thrive without stress by registering on Let’s Build Together. This is the secret of many architects who are getting lucrative business deals online easily without going into cumbersome process or spending huge capital. This is the most effective means of making your business thrive as builders, homeowners and other construction experts now use online tools to search for architects.

Understanding Let’s Build Together
Let’s Build Together is an inventive and flexible programme that architects can leverage to give their business the desired visibility online and get closer to potential clients. There is no better option!

How it Works
If you register on Let’s Build Together, your business will be listed on our website where intending clients will contact you. This will bring your business closer to intending corporate construction companies, building contractors, individual construction personnel, and homeowners who need your services.

What this Service Offers You
Registering as an architect on Let’s Build Together will help you get lucrative businesses online without stress.
It is a service that makes your business visible to potential clients who need your services.
It’s absolutely FREE and EASY!

To list your business for free on Let’s Build Together and meet potential clients looking for professional architects near you, click here.

Are you a Dealer? You can also Enroll!
If you are a dealer and you are willing to be an authorized dealer of TIGER TMT iron rods, the best TMT brand, click the link below to join Let’s Build Together for builders to locate you for business purposes. Click here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by LastWeek1: 12:03am On Feb 05, 2021
Hello house,

Please is it possible to construct a nice one bedroom and a parlor upstair and downstair one room self contain and storage on 4.5 meters length vs 7.5 meters breadth..? We Want the one bedroom and parlor at the top to be wider.
The building will area is at the back of the main building .
Picture of the area is attached .

Any architect in the house can help with me with plan drawing , 2d or 3D will be appropriate..

Regards
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Olatheo(m): 12:06am On Feb 05, 2021

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1975) (1976) (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Talktalk2022 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.