Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,660 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (1979) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4403922 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1976) (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) (1982) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 1:57am On Feb 05, 2021
LastWeek1:
Hello house,

Please is it possible to construct a nice one bedroom and a parlor upstair and downstair one room self contain and storage on 4.5 meters length vs 7.5 meters breadth..? We Want the one bedroom and parlor at the top to be wider.
The building will area is at the back of the main building .
Picture of the area is attached .

Any architect in the house can help with me with plan drawing , 2d or 3D will be appropriate..

Regards

Cc: Uncleteeh

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:00am On Feb 05, 2021
PAPAFEELERS:
Dear Bosses in the house I need some heads up on what’s you understand between Half Casing & Full Casing in Borehole.

I met a fellow landlord in the area I was building and he told me why go for FULL casing that the half casing is also good based on interactions he has had with geologists.

He said the rocks drilled cannot collapse but the sedimentary and sandy part will collapse hence the half casing will take care of this part hence one does not need to case the hard rock sections.

He also said some of this drillers can be tricky as they would know when the rock is struck and will use half casing and tell the client that its full casing they did for the client because the client had already paid for full casing. In this case the client loses because he paid for full casing but was given half casing.

Please what’s your thoughts on full casing and half casing in terms of advantages & disadvantages?

I greet you all sir/ma.

CC: N3xt, Rotech,Spyder, abdulwastexx, Egunmogaji, Hajji the Don, plus all the experienced men and women in the house. Please your contributions is highly needed.

I beg to defer to the Pro Max
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:08am On Feb 05, 2021
LastWeek1:
Hello house,

Please is it possible to construct a nice one bedroom and a parlor upstair and downstair one room self contain and storage on 4.5 meters length vs 7.5 meters breadth..? We Want the one bedroom and parlor at the top to be wider.
The building will area is at the back of the main building .
Picture of the area is attached .

Any architect in the house can help with me with plan drawing , 2d or 3D will be appropriate..

Regards
Sure. It is very possible.
You can chat me on WhatsApp sir. 08108408732
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:08am On Feb 05, 2021
BrabusNG:

Cc: Uncleteeh
Thanks for this sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:22am On Feb 05, 2021
Kobocity Design Review Services | Getting Bigger

Get reassurance that you’re on the right track with your home design so that you can move forward with your project with confidence.

Turn your good design into a GREAT design that you absolutely love with a design review by experienced building consultants and architects on kobocity.com

We’ll review your drawings, point out areas of concern, and provide suggestions for how to improve the design. We’ll help you feel more confident that you’re getting exactly what you want and not what your designer think you need.
_____
What our satisfied clients are saying?

If only I had met you at the begining, the headache and money spent will have been saved. - nannymcph ee

Hi Bros, thanks for the comments on my house design. Please how can I contribute my quota to this great forum? - GG2002

Thanks. I love what you did. That way I won’t need to change the footprint of the house. I don’t like roof gutter. I’ll sure tell the architect to work with this. I didnt like his initial sketch and he forbade me from sharing.
KoboCity is the bomb.
Thanks so much. God bless you. - Judy
https://www.kobocity.com/d/113/10

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:27am On Feb 05, 2021
uncleteeh:

Thanks for this sir.

We are not too busy to notice those who make the world go round. cool

Thanks for all you do!

There’s a large request for 3 bedroom bungalows. Please feel free to showcase some of your designs that meet this brief on kobocity.

Do more to increase your ranking and get upgraded to pro-membership level on kobocity.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by shogbenga: 7:50am On Feb 05, 2021
Good morning all.
Pls help clarify

If I buy an item on Aliexpress, am I expected to pay custom duties when the goods arrive or the items will be delivered to the designated post office and collected without any payment. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:59am On Feb 05, 2021
shogbenga:
Good morning all.
Pls help clarify

If I buy an item on Aliexpress, am I expected to pay custom duties when the goods arrive or the items will be delivered to the designated post office and collected without any payment. Thanks
depend on the content.... it’s always better to use third party shipping agent

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 8:02am On Feb 05, 2021
shogbenga:
Good morning all.
Pls help clarify

If I buy an item on Aliexpress, am I expected to pay custom duties when the goods arrive or [b]the items will be delivered to the designated post office and collected without any payment. [/b]Thanks

The bolded in your question is the answer but with/without a token payment to the post office with a receipt issued depending on the size of the item.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 8:11am On Feb 05, 2021
Good morning house..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:33am On Feb 05, 2021
Plaster Sand Supply | Supplied

[s]2 x 10 tons truck of plaster sand is urgently needed at Ogijo.

Please kindly get in touch if you can fulfill this order.

Thanks. [/s]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 10:27am On Feb 05, 2021
MORNING ALL - I'm reading a few post from n3xt/brabus and few others - and I feel (without disrespect) a lot of CONTRACTORS don't have adequate knowledge about how contracts are run - IF you've worked with the biggest consultants in the industry you would understand what I'm about to type.

AGAIN WITHOUT DISRESPECT....

1. Even if the client allows you to buy and install whatever (door, showers, even BULB as simple as that is) - An experienced contractor/builder/consultant should know that there is something called CLIENT'S APPROVAL. This means, before I pay for THAT N500 bulb, I need a written approval within 7 days (or official email) confirming that the product is OK. This MUST be gotten before payment - and once delivered IF client's wife (or whoever) don't like it - you just bring out the approval and all related cost (return, re-purchasing, logistic etc) is 100% on them. NOTE, A VERBAL APPROVAL IS NO APPROVAL IF NOT PUT IN WRITING WITHIN 7 DAYS; so Oga was at the store with me and he said BUY IT is not an approval...... that's what a lot of you hold on to.

2. IF Mr A contracts me to build his DOG'S HOUSE and along the line, I'm unable to complete the work - BECAUSE OF UNFORSEEN events, as a contractor - you do NOT assume, since its not your fault that his work was abandoned you do not owe him... SIR, YOU OWE HIM - The deal was to build a dog house, not an in-complete dog house (even if it was client's wife that stopped the work because she suddenly hates dog and want's a cat). WHAT A SINCERE CONTRACTOR should do is.... PRESENT A FINAL ACCOUNT. Stating clearly HOW MUCH WAS GOTTEN, HOW MUCH WAS SPENT AND HOW MUCH WAS LOST AS A RESULT OF DE-MOBILIZING FROM SITE - then agree with the client on who owes who.... NOTE: Even if the client was owing you at the time the decision was made; you DON'T assume because I lost, no need - YOU DO WHAT PROFESSIONALS DO - A final account, it is then you can hold you heads high and say - I DO NOT OWE YOU.

I'LL STOP HERE FOR NOW - MAYBE I'LL WRITE A FEW ARTICLES ON (real life) CASE STUDIES FROM VARIOUS SITE....

WE SHOULD BE HERE TO LEARN AND TEACH EACH OTHER BUT A LOT OF CONTRACTORS HERE ARE JUST HERE FOR THE CLIENT AND PAY....

FINALLY; I'M A CONTRACTOR TOO.... but relationship over money I preach.

GOODLUCK, I SaydFact

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:47am On Feb 05, 2021
saydfact:
MORNING ALL - I'm reading a few post from n3xt/brabus and few others - and I feel (without disrespect) a lot of CONTRACTORS don't have adequate knowledge about how contracts are run - IF you've worked with the biggest consultants in the industry you would understand what I'm about to type.

1. Even if the client allows you to buy and install whatever (door, showers, even BULB as simple as that is) - An experienced contractor/builder/consultant should know that there is some called CLIENT'S APPROVAL. This means, before I pay for THAT N500 bulb, I need a written approval within 7 days (or official email) confirming that the product is OK. This MUST be gotten before payment - and once delivered IF client's wife (or whoever) don't like it - you just bring out the approval and all related cost (return, re-purchasing, logistic etc) is 100% on them. NOTE, A VERBAL APPROVAL IS NO APPROVAL IF NOT PUT IN WRITING WITHIN 7 DAYS; so Oga was at the store with me and he said BUY IT is not an approval...... that's what a lot of you hold on to.

2. IF Mr A contracts me to build his DOG'S HOUSE and along the line, I'm unable to complete the work - BECAUSE OF UNFORSEEN events, as a contractor - you do NOT assume, since its not your fault that his work was abandoned you do not owe him... SIR, YOU OWE HIM - The deal was to build a dog house, not an in-complete dog house (even if it was client's wife that stopped the work because she suddenly hates dog and want's a cat). WHAT A SINCERE CONTRACTOR should do is.... PRESENT A FINAL ACCOUNT. Stating clearly HOW MUCH WAS GOTTEN, HOW MUCH WAS SPENT AND HOW MUCH WAS LOST AS A RESULT OF DE-MOBILIZING FROM SITE - then agree with the client on who owes who.... NOTE: Even if the client was owing you at the time the decision was made; you DON'T assume because I lost, no need - YOU DO WHAT PROFESSIONALS DO - A final account, it is then you can hold you heads high and say - I DO NOT OWE YOU.

I'LL STOP HERE FOR NOW - MAYBE I'LL WRITE A FEW ARTICLES ON (real life) CASE STUDIES FROM VARIOUS SITE....

WE SHOULD BE HERE TO LEARN AND TEACH EACH OTHER BUT A LOT OF CONTRACTORS HERE ARE JUST HERE FOR THE CLIENT AND PAY....

GOODLUCK, I SaydFact

I agree with you.
Accountability must come from the contractors.
Documentation is very very important.
Assumption is dangerous
You're not in your client's head, so don't assume for them, you can advise/educate them but let them decide.

In this world of social media, documentation and approval soughting is now easy.

A simple voice note or chat from them is enough to tender as evidence of approval.
Even sms can act as one too as long as it can be established that it came from the client.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by saydfact(m): 11:04am On Feb 05, 2021
somehow:

I agree with you.
Accountability must come from the contractors.
Documentation is very very important.
Assumption is dangerous
You're not in your client's head, so don't assume for them, you can advise/educate them but let them decide.

In this world of social media, documentation and approval soughting is now easy.

A simple voice note or chat from them is enough to tender as evidence of approval.
Even sms can act as one too as long as it can be established that it came from the client.

Thanks... Attached is a Whatsapp group opened for a project, I'm not the contractor but the guarantor here.... See attached.

I made sure all products were approved by the client... I can't be paying money, I shdnt be paying later...

Even thou client preferred option were not available, he settled for another.. Written approval gotten.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dijita: 11:44am On Feb 05, 2021
dongc:
Make we chill sometimes....hear everything first....

I don't know if you read my two previous comments prior to the comment you reply. We all have different temperament and different ways of doing things. However, if I am about to commit my hard earn money (which of course may be chicken change to some people) into someone hand and someone pop up from no where and accused the person of committing fraud against him/her and I waited 24hrs for the person to come and denied or offer an explanation and the person show up and failed to deny or offer coherent explanation and in the same orbit another trusted person was been accused of failure to deliver and that person show up and failed to allayed people's concern, Please forgive me if I blew my gasket.

In another news; given the subsequent 24hrs explanation from Next and many people vouching for the integrity of Skimanski, I have decided not to forgo this forum. Why I am no longer proceeding with next on the project at this time, I have engaged Adedward for my window fabrication
Thanks

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 12:30pm On Feb 05, 2021
Dijita:

I don't know if you read my two previous comments prior to the comment you reply. We all have different temperament and different ways of doing things. However, if I am about to commit my hard earn money (which of course may be chicken change to some people) into someone hand and someone pop up from no where and accused the person of committing fraud against him/her and I waited 24hrs for the person to come and denied or offer an explanation and the person show up and failed to deny or offer coherent explanation and in the same orbit another trusted person was been accused of failure to deliver and that person show up and failed to allayed people's concern, Please forgive me if I blew my gasket.

In another news; given the subsequent 24hrs explanation from Next and many people vouching for the integrity of Skimanski, I have decided not to forgo this forum. Why I am no longer proceeding with next on the project at this time, I have engaged Adedward for my window fabrication
Thanks

I read your all your comments even ones before now....I totally get your point ensuring and safe guarding your money..I understand seeking reassurance to avoid stories that touch the heart...still my point stands.. over haste can cause brash actions....let's be calming down...good day

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 12:35pm On Feb 05, 2021
Dijita:

Thanks

Great

We can handle your electrical sir if it’s still available
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:35pm On Feb 05, 2021
saydfact:

1. Even if the client allows you to buy and install whatever (door, showers, even BULB as simple as that is) - An experienced contractor/builder/consultant should know that there is something called CLIENT'S APPROVAL. This means, before I pay for THAT N500 bulb, I need a written approval within 7 days (or official email) confirming that the product is OK. This MUST be gotten before payment - and once delivered IF client's wife (or whoever) don't like it - you just bring out the approval and all related cost (return, re-purchasing, logistic etc) is 100% on them. NOTE, A VERBAL APPROVAL IS NO APPROVAL IF NOT PUT IN WRITING WITHIN 7 DAYS; so Oga was at the store with me and he said BUY IT is not an approval...... that's what a lot of you hold on to.

GOODLUCK, I SaydFact

You’re very right though but may I ask that at what point do you think it’s right for the contractor to assume the contract has been officially terminated?

And on what ground?

- inability or failure to fulfill the contract
- unforeseeable circumstance beyond the control and without the fault or negligence of the contractor.
- the client lost interest.

Thanks for your observations and comments. I do appreciate it all.

We are learning everyday.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:59pm On Feb 05, 2021
Just for learning purpose.

Here’s an excerpt from a NextHome contract document. This has nothing to do with the matter at hand but just for those who wish to learn.

@saydfact

A sincere contractor don’t wait till there’s problem before doing the right things. They do it right from the signing of the contract.

That’s what we do!

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Personal123(m): 2:44pm On Feb 05, 2021
We supply and hual granite to Benin-City, Delta state, Bayelsa state, Rivers state, Anambra state, Imo state, Eboyin state, Cross River state, Abia state, Enugu state and Akwa Ibom state. You can call or whatsApp 07062112126

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:06pm On Feb 05, 2021
Men at work courtesy of Spydey880

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:27pm On Feb 05, 2021
michlins:
That's for water tank I take it and is it for a one-story building?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vickzie(m): 6:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
michlins:
how much would 22ft tank stand carrying 500 gallons top and 1000 gallons bottom with 4" pipe cost?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 6:54pm On Feb 05, 2021
shogbenga:
Good morning all.
Pls help clarify

It depends on the type of goods.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:00pm On Feb 05, 2021
vickzie:
how much would 22ft tank stand carrying 500 gallons top and 1000 gallons bottom with 4" pipe cost?
it's going to be 1000 gallons up and 500 down. I don't work with anything pipe. I want to work and be able to sleep without worrying about its durability. If you are concerned about costs, you can always use 4¾" H channel.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:01pm On Feb 05, 2021
erico2k2:

That's for water tank I take it and is it for a one-story building?
yes sir. 28ft high. The building tall well

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:26pm On Feb 05, 2021
michlins:
yes sir. 28ft high. The building tall well
ok nice work,I always thought the whole thing has to be done and installed, but I guess that would be too heavy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:27pm On Feb 05, 2021
michlins:
it's going to be 1000 gallons up and 500 down. I don't work with anything pipe. I want to work and be able to sleep without worrying about its durability. If you are concerned about costs, you can always use 4¾" H channel.

Thanks
I like that bit where you said you want to sleep at night, loads of people do not have hearts in this world.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:49pm On Feb 05, 2021
erico2k2:

I like that bit where you said you want to sleep at night, loads of people do not have hearts in this world.
I want to be rich and still have peace of mind biko. The two are very important to me

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:50pm On Feb 05, 2021
erico2k2:

ok nice work,I always thought the whole thing has to be done and installed, but I guess that would be too heavy
standing a length of the channel na serious war oh. E come be four of them after welding with the accessories.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 16inchdick: 8:45pm On Feb 05, 2021
n3xt:

We are not too busy to notice those who make the world go round. cool

Thanks for all you do!

There’s a large request for 3 bedroom bungalows. Please feel free to showcase some of your designs that meet this brief on kobocity.

Do more to increase your ranking and get upgraded to pro-membership level on kobocity.

Thanks.

Please how many bags of p.o.p cement would I buy for 10 square meter
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:48pm On Feb 05, 2021
By end of work today

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (1976) (1977) (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) (1982) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.