Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,766 members, 7,831,461 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2016) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4433919 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2013) (2014) (2015) (2016) (2017) (2018) (2019) ... (3676) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 1:44pm On Feb 20, 2021
MIKEMIENTERPRIS:
Order now while stock lasts to avoid a price hike due to the instability of our currency.

BUT WAIT...THERE'S MORE! YOU WILL GET 3 PACKS OF BENDING WIRES FREE IF YOU ORDER NOW!

Rate?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:17pm On Feb 20, 2021
@ n3xt pls check our thread for a power audit and revamp work in Portharcourt.

https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/29
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:24pm On Feb 20, 2021
topsy23:
@ n3xt pls check our thread for a power audit and revamp work in Portharcourt.

https://www.nairaland.com/1233943/contact-us-electrical-mechanical-plumbing/29

This is going to be a very great one! Runs to the thread.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 4:25pm On Feb 20, 2021
somehow:

Are these products not related to construction?

I pulled this from the first page of this thread

"Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread"

No advert means no advert. anyone who will look away when some people put up their advert here and ask someone else not to put up one here is not being fair.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:47pm On Feb 20, 2021
Nero2424:

"Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread"

No advert means no advert. Anyone who will look away when some people put up their advert here and ask someone else not to put up one here is not being fair.

If you dig well, you’ll discover more than you are looking for.

The best thing to do sometimes is to look and take a pass on a public forum.

Someone else who did not read page 1 or page 2016 where this issue was thrashed will still advertise his firewood business on this thread and we still be here again to talk about it.
Abi construction waste wood from site and fallen trees no be part of construction?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 4:52pm On Feb 20, 2021
Nero2424:

No advert means no advert. anyone who will look away when some people put up their advert here and ask someone else not to put up one here is not being fair.

Fair point.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:54pm On Feb 20, 2021
The guy was sleeping jeje. Na we invite am to the party grin grin

We wanted enlightment on solar energy and the OP tag the guy who seem to be an expert on the subject

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/1607#93899318

Instead of enlightment, we got more than we asked for. I remember Jabolo pointing to this here: https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/1609#93907291
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:11pm On Feb 20, 2021
Prior to page 1607, this guy had no single post on this thread.

We empowered him by looking away from the issue Jabolo raised on page 1609.

There are many other people showcasing their product and services here without issues but this is just completely off tangent.

____
Always identify the root cause of a problem.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:15pm On Feb 20, 2021
For issues like the above, we have varieties of options for our users on kobocity.

We believe you’re there for construction related discussions and not to act as a forum police.

Here are the available options:

1. Moderators Warning (is displayed live on the reported user IDs posts). Everyone gets to see the warning message and why he was been cautioned.

2. You can ignore users.

3. Spam Filter (my oga admin hasn’t explained this interesting function to me).

Our job is to set the stage and watch for things that undermine result.

Kobocity

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 6:17pm On Feb 20, 2021
Those solar panels on our roofing sheets are useless without those batteries. Battery is a key component in modern building and more friendly to earth.

He should just alter his post and remove the auto battery and replace it with solar battery, it's as good as someone advertising CCTV here that also need a backup power supply incase NEPA take light.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Gaint50: 7:14pm On Feb 20, 2021
n3xt:
For issues like the above, we have varieties of options for our users on kobocity.

We believe you’re there for construction related discussions and not to act as a forum police.

Here are the available options:

1. Moderators Warning (is displayed live on the reported user IDs posts). Everyone gets to see the warning message and why he was been cautioned.

2. You can ignore users.

3. Spam Filter (my oga admin hasn’t explained this interesting function to me).

Our job is to set the stage and watch for things that undermine result.

Kobocity
guy open a thread for this your kobocity no dey spam this place too much Nawa for you ooo

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:23pm On Feb 20, 2021
n3xt:

If you dig well, you’ll discover more than you are looking for.

The best thing to do sometimes is to look and take a pass on a public forum.

Someone else who did not read page 1 or page 2016 where this issue was thrashed will still advertise his firewood business on this thread and we still be here again to talk about it.
Abi construction waste wood from site and fallen trees no be part of construction?

I just click report button and move on. At least I won’t get to read the stupid ads anymore as it’ll be hidden.

Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria. Not Buhari, Tinumbu, or any other figment of imagination.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:31pm On Feb 20, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I just click report button and move on. At least I won’t get to read the stupid ads anymore as it’ll be hidden.

Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria. Not Buhari, Tinumbu, or any other figment of imagination.

Simple sir.

The art of being wise is knowing what to overlook.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:40pm On Feb 20, 2021
Let me drop this here.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 3:58am On Feb 21, 2021
lordmayor4:
Top quality FILAS POP SPONGE available for sale.
Wholesale deals only.
DM for details
What's your rate per kg and your location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:29am On Feb 21, 2021

Please what's your view about buying apartments like a one bedroom in a block of flats?

I saw ones of 17-19m in Ikeja.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 9:18am On Feb 21, 2021
LagosInter:

Please what's your view about buying apartments like a one bedroom in a block of flats?

I saw ones of 17-19m in Ikeja.

smart and pennywise people won't use 17-19m to buy 1 bedroom flat cos of location

They will rather look for a land closer and start building. instalmental payment plan is another trick these people use to scam us, selling house I can build with 4m 10m say wetin?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by zuraking(m): 9:22am On Feb 21, 2021
Another headache is sharing plats with different set of people(I pray your flat isn't next to these Yahoo boys). I have been asked several times why I don't live with tenants even tho there is space for it. The answer is; I don't like DRAMA. grin

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by amosblisz: 9:59am On Feb 21, 2021
Please should I be worried, infact am worried my soakaway was not blinded before blocks were set on the normal ground/soil up to 6 coaches with iron rods at the four edges, just like dat on a bare soil and no hole was dug in the middle to absorb water, just pipes inside the blocks facing the soil and no beam around it too except it's going to be for the top floor before the decking.

Will water going inside make the 6" blocks too weak and later collapse because it was not blinded at the ground level, the soil there is hard clay at 6ft depth.

Since it's just 6coaches of blocks set I want to make the right decision and not regret it later
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:09pm On Feb 21, 2021
Help Critique This Design

Project: Contemporary Dwelling
Configuration: 5 Bedroom

This design mixes expansive glazing and modern architecture to provide a dream contemporary dwelling for our client.

Design Features

- Flat Roof
- Water in Landscape. Our client wanted a spectacular view of a lap pool from the internal courtyard.
- Brise Soleil - Sun shading to reduce heat gain and a stylish way to break up exteriors.
- Skybridge
- Open Plan Living
- and more.

_____
Would you say yes or no to this design? And why?

Thank you. My client will be happy to read your review.

Pic 1 - 2 | Floor Plan
Pic 3 - 4 | Design Inspiration

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 1:25pm On Feb 21, 2021
Happy Sunday to everyone
Still in stock Spanish tiles
Your Matt tiles floor and wall tiles 15x60
Am blessedsunny2 �
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:34pm On Feb 21, 2021
n3xt:
Help Critique This Design

Project: Contemporary Dwelling
Configuration: 5 Bedroom

This design mixes expansive glazing and modern architecture to provide a dream contemporary dwelling for our client.

Design Features

- Flat Roof
- Water in Landscape. Our client wanted a spectacular view of a lap pool from the internal courtyard.
- Brise Soleil - Sun shading to reduce heat gain and a stylish way to break up exteriors.
- Skybridge
- Open Plan Living
- and more.

_____
Would you say yes or no to this design? And why?

Thank you. My client will be happy to read your review.

Pic 1 - 2 | Floor Plan
Pic 3 - 4 | Design Inspiration

May I?

1) I prefer to have a direct view of the courtyard from the living room instead of the dining.

2) My guests have no business seeing how I access the private area so I prefer my staircase hidden. Some prefer it exposed especially if it makes an artistic statement.

3) Madams bedroom? How about Main bedroom if master is a dirty word to your client grin

Mostly nit picking though.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2021
Damn people living around akobo road ibadan how do you cope on a daily basis? The dust on that road is something else

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

May I?

1) I prefer to have a direct view of the courtyard from the living room instead of the dining.

2) My guests have no business seeing how I access the private area so I prefer my staircase hidden. Some prefer it exposed especially if it makes an artistic statement.

3) Madams bedroom? How about Main bedroom if master is a dirty word to your client grin

Mostly nit picking though.

grin grin

Thanks sir. My client is reading this and I’m equally taking note.

If we were to rank contemporary lovers, I think my client will fall into the pro max level and I really enjoyed that.

May I ask if adding a sliding glass wall as shown in the inspiration pics below will fix the living room + courtyard flow? #JustAsking

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 1:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
twinskenny:
Damn people living around akobo road ibadan how do you cope on a daily basis? The dust on that road is something else

The construction is currently ongoing I think should end 2021 or this year. It was due to government burecreacies from the previous administration..I dont envy them one bit.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:53pm On Feb 21, 2021
happney65:

The construction is currently ongoing I think should end 2021 or this year. It was due to government burecreacies from the previous administration..I dont envy them one bit.
cant see any ongoing construction o unless they are on holiday lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2021
lastpage:

We hang out a lot here! embarassed shocked
If you want to meet fellow Engineers like me (a different field of Engineering), you will have to Hangout with us here. grin grin
Dont worry, just ask questions and contribute, learn and teach others...

Dazz'all we do in our Hang-out sessions. undecided kiss

You are welcome.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:03pm On Feb 21, 2021
twinskenny:
are you in ibadan?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by happney65: 2:04pm On Feb 21, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:10pm On Feb 21, 2021
boyestic:
are you in ibadan?
yes sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 2:28pm On Feb 21, 2021
For new members please peruse this thread to see what’s possible. I believe the house ended up being featured on a TV show. I also believe that the windows were all imported but I may be confusing that with another build.

https://www.nairaland.com/1331375/architecture-construction-duplex-lekki-akwa-ibom

(1) (2) (3) ... (2013) (2014) (2015) (2016) (2017) (2018) (2019) ... (3676) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: MHCNL, RockOfAgesAlumi(m), Noworries11 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.