Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,532 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2018) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4432241 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2015) (2016) (2017) (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) ... (3675) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:50pm On Feb 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I watched the episode of this tower tank on Grand Designs.

Incredible conversion of an 1860’s Venetian Gothic style water tower by Arc Restoration

https://onekindesign.com/2013/05/14/incredible-conversion-of-venetian-style-water-tower/

I’m thinking of doing this on Bower’s Tower, Ibadan grin grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stevo30: 7:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
n3xt:

Incredible conversion of an 1860’s Venetian Gothic style water tower by Arc Restoration

https://onekindesign.com/2013/05/14/incredible-conversion-of-venetian-style-water-tower/

@next you're actually crazy with idea. I really wish someone would convert bowers tower into something similar, a resort like hotel overlooking the city of ibadan. I go to bowers tower anytime i am in the city. I have done a couple drone shot of ibadan city from there. It's sad how we neglect such heritage.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:46pm On Feb 21, 2021
n3xt:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZyjLb-w1tI

That may be my drone video wink

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:48pm On Feb 21, 2021
Stevo30:
@next you're actually crazy with idea. I really wish someone would convert bowers tower into something similar, a resort like hotel overlooking the city of ibadan. I go to bowers tower anytime i am in the city. I have done a couple drone shot of ibadan city from there. It's sad how we neglect such heritage.

I grew up around Ibadan Central Business District and I always feel very bad when I see how much neglect the West African modernist architectures in that area suffers.

A good example was the Aje House built in the 1950s. Here’s something cool a design team is doing on the renewal and redevelopment of the old and abandoned building.

______
The Ibadan Central Business District will beat Lagos Central Business District hands down in terms of planning and architectural designs.

May God give Oyo state visionary governors.
For those of us who knew Leventis, Kingsway, UTC in Ibadan in the early 80s, we always smile when we hear people talking about malls and shopping centers in Ibadan.

_______
Pic 1-3 | The Remodel
Pic 4 | The abandoned old building

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:13pm On Feb 21, 2021
kopell:
You retired ke, you way just start new fabricating construction company in Ibadan

That one go take small money that I can manage with my kobokobo pension grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 8:14pm On Feb 21, 2021
n3xt:

For all it’s worth, will you consider putting a water tank on the roof of your penthouse?

What are the odds? Why will you not do it?

A water tank above a pent floor well it depends on what floor the pent is.. when pumping water there's this action that goes on with building which the user might passive (a form of vibration) this vibration effect detection is not same for everyone if person A does nt really feel comfortable with it person B may not feel this action at all so it depends on how sensitive your client is to vibration effect.. Though there r many damping options available to cushion this effect ..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:18pm On Feb 21, 2021
n3xt:

I grew up around Ibadan Central Business District and I always feel very bad when I see how much neglect the West African modernist architectures in that area suffers.

A good example was the Aje House built in the 1950s. Here’s something cool a design team is doing on the renewal and redevelopment of the old and abandoned building.

______
The Ibadan Central Business District will beat Lagos Central Business District hands down in terms of planning and architectural designs.

May God give Oyo state visionary governors.
For those of us who knew Leventis, Kingsway, UTC in Ibadan in the early 80s, we always smile when we hear people talking about malls and shopping centers in Ibadan.

_______
Pic 1-3 | The Remodel
Pic 4 | The abandoned old building

I took this picture last week.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:24pm On Feb 21, 2021
Amastermovic:

A water tank above a pent floor well it depends on what floor the pent is.. when pumping water there's this action that goes on with building which the user might passive (a form of vibration) this vibration effect detection is not same for everyone if person A does nt really feel comfortable with it person B may not feel this action at all so it depends on how sensitive your client is to vibration effect.. Though there r many damping options available to cushion this effect ..

I hope you’d be kind enough to share with us the various vibration isolating options out there for learning purposes.

Thank you sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:30pm On Feb 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I took this picture last week.

Let me guess. You’re right in front of iconic Union Bank abi na First Bank building on Bank road, Dugbe.

May God punish all those who dragged us back in this country.

Today, we now see banks inside 4 bedroom flats and they’ll be doing shakara grin grin

______
No o! You’re in front of IBWA which later become Afribank. I think it’s now Union Bank.

The area is truly Bank road. A well planned city!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:37pm On Feb 21, 2021
n3xt:

Let me guess. You’re right in front of iconic Union Bank abi na First Bank building on Bank road, Dugbe.

May God punish all those who dragged us back in this country.

Today, we now see banks inside 4 bedroom flats and they’ll be doing shakara grin grin

I was actually on Magazine road, just crossed the old train tracks towards the road from Mokola. SARS office is on the left.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:39pm On Feb 21, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I was actually on Magazine road, just crossed the old train tracks towards the road from Mokola. SARS office is on the left.

Yes, I get it now. That was a long range shot.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:47pm On Feb 21, 2021
@Egunmogaji2

I really love the Adekunle Fajuyi Cenotaph captured in the shot.

Thanks for sharing with us this evening.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 8:51pm On Feb 21, 2021
n3xt:

Thanks for your input. Noted for action.
well done Boss, awesome design there Sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:53pm On Feb 21, 2021
n3xt:
@Egunmogaji2

I really love the Adekunle Fajuyi Cenotaph captures in the shot.

I grew up down the street at Ekotedo Iya Olobe. They used to fire canons there I think on 11/11 grin

Humble beginnings. I thank God for my life.

#Shalanga Things shocked

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Stevo30: 9:18pm On Feb 21, 2021
n3xt:
@Egunmogaji2

I really love the Adekunle Fajuyi Cenotaph captured in the shot.

photographs from Ibadan CBD makes me nostalgic. We used to walk through this cenotaph on our way to the old cooperative bank HQ almost directly opposite the old kingsway building. The story of my childhood can't be completed without that kingsway store. So many memories, bata shops in and around the CBD, the old sketch building opposite first bank building

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:35pm On Feb 21, 2021
Stevo30:
photographs from Ibadan CBD makes me nostalgic. We used to walk through this cenotaph on our way to the old cooperative bank HQ almost directly opposite the old kingsway building. The story of my childhood can't be completed without that kingsway store. So many memories, bata shops in and around the CBD, the old sketch building opposite first bank building

I worked at that Cooperative Bank before I left for the USA in 1986 cool

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:13am On Feb 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I worked at that Cooperative Bank before I left for the USA in 1986 cool
Egun di meji, you left when naija is good. Hope you're not one of those daddy send to school come back and make Nigeria better, you choice not to return in time make those brainless leaders hijack the system run it to mold. Imagine living better live in 80s them 2021 what are shame

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:44am On Feb 22, 2021
kopell:
Egun di meji, you left when naija is good. Hope you're not one of those daddy send to school come back and make Nigeria better, you choice not to return in time make those brainless leaders hijack the system run it to mold. Imagine living better live in 80s them 2021 what are shame

I lost my Dad years before I went to the USA. When I tell people that Nigeria was better then than now they don’t always believe me.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:00am On Feb 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I lost my Dad years before I went to the USA. When I tell people that Nigeria was better then than now they don’t always believe me.

Better is an understatement sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 5:18am On Feb 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I grew up down the street at Ekotedo Iya Olobe. They used to fire canons there I think on 11/11 grin

Humble beginnings. I thank God for my life.

#Shalanga Things shocked

If Adekunle Fajuyi Cenotaph was in Europe or USA we will spend hundred of thousands to see it, unfortunately we don't promote our own like the western world do.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:36am On Feb 22, 2021
Stevo30:

You forgot Lennards (Bata’s rival). Then John Holt for the best Milk and Adonis stores.
Chicken George - I think this came after Baba Egumogaji has left the country. If I visit IB I’m sure I’ll still have some of their vouchers grin

Wow! Sketch opposite CBN. That place reminds me of the well planned parking space in the CBD.

When I saw Heritage Mall, I just smile and wish those around me could understand why.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by platorepublic(m): 5:40am On Feb 22, 2021
Good morning beautiful people,
Pls how many blocks (whether 6inch or 9inch blocks) will fence half plot of Land. 50 by 25

Who as an idea on these.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:59am On Feb 22, 2021
platorepublic:
Good morning beautiful people,
Pls how many blocks (whether 6inch or 9inch blocks) will fence half plot of Land. 50 by 25

Who as an idea on these.

According to kobocity block and cement estimator, you’ll require 1100 blocks if the total height from the foundation is 3m (10ft)

Always use kobocity construction calculators for your calculations. https://www.kobocity.com/p/7-calculators

It’s free!

_______
Note:
No. of cement shown excludes what’s required for the foundation work.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BIGGIE121(m): 7:03am On Feb 22, 2021
TOP OF THE MORNING TO ALL ENGINEER 'S ARCHITECT'S, SURVEYORS, REAL ESTATE AGENT'S, ARTISANS, AND ALL INTENDING HOUSE OWNERS IN THE HOUSE.

YOU CAN CONTACT US FOR THE FOLLOWING SERVICES, LANDSCAPING, INSTALLATION PRODUCTION AND SUPPLIES OF INTERLOCKING STONES AND KERBS, GENERAL CLEANING , TILE'S, STAMP CONCRETE , ETC .

YOU CAN REACH US OR WHAT'S APP US VIA THIS NUMBER, 09068938839.OR EMAIL US@:DANIELBABATUNDE401@G-mail.COM. THANK YOU .

NB: WE CAN WORK IN ANY PART OF NIGERIA EXCEPT BORNO STATE

GIVE US A TRIAL TODAY AND YOU WON'T REGRET IT .

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Observer007(m): 7:07am On Feb 22, 2021
A great day to you all.

Payvrite Solutions
Interlocking Paving Stones Production and Installation Experts

For all your interlocking or external flooring works including:
¶ Interlocking pavers production and Installation
¶ Manufacture and supply of kerbstones
¶ Manufacturing and supply of other precast concrete slabs on-demand
¶ Landscaping services
¶ Drainage system planning and design

Kindly call or WhatsApp 08022490067
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:53am On Feb 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I grew up down the street at Ekotedo Iya Olobe.

Ekotedo - the cradle of modernization in Ibadan city. This is an irrefutable fact grin
That’s where I had my first business, Nextsolution Technologies (Banuso Tower beside the late Nigerian flag designer, Pa Akinkumi’s house), in the 90s.

In terms of urban and physical planning, I give it to the old Ibadan city center.
The bullsh*ts in the city got started when they started relocating old Dugbe market to Aleshinloye (a process that’s yet to be completed even after 3 decades) and all those nonsensical developments. They just made a mess of the Central Business District.

May God of creation guide our leaders right.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 8:21am On Feb 22, 2021
rotecch77:
Let’s do small tutorial on door ( let’s use ft and inches here)

Regular 3ft door as example,
- wall opening size width 3ft
- wall opening size height 7ft
Door frame 7*3 ft

Door leaf size; you will reduce 2” (50mm) from up, side A,side B and threshold[(this will take care of tiles or any floor finishings thickness)
( this reduction is for the frame)]
Now your door leaf size will be
- width 2ft 8”
- height 6ft 8”

So don’t expect your door to be 3ft by 7ft
When your builder, engr, or artisan deliver your door

2ft 10" wide
6ft 10" high

Remember 1ft is 12"

That's why I always prefer metric
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:24am On Feb 22, 2021
n3xt:
Help Critique This Design

Project: Contemporary Dwelling
Configuration: 5 Bedroom

This design mixes expansive glazing and modern architecture to provide a dream contemporary dwelling for our client.

Design Features

- Flat Roof
- Water in Landscape. Our client wanted a spectacular view of a lap pool from the internal courtyard.
- Brise Soleil - Sun shading to reduce heat gain and a stylish way to break up exteriors.
- Skybridge
- Open Plan Living
- and more.

_____
Would you say yes or no to this design? And why?

Thank you. My client will be happy to read your review.

Pic 1 - 2 | Floor Plan
Pic 3 - 4 | Design Inspiration

Very good design you got there, I think the flow is good, except for the staircase which is too open in my opinion. I had loved this contemporary flow, but I dont know if your client will love to have all his living room and open kitchen to the back.

You can also replace the car park in this plan with a bedroom, but some will want their living room exactly where the car park is.

Well done.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 8:25am On Feb 22, 2021
Please how much is a bag of cement in your area right now ?? Any idea from those who live in Benin?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 8:26am On Feb 22, 2021
sam1919:
Please how much is a bag of cement in your area right now ?? Any idea from those who live in Benin?

Enugu N3,000
Ekwulobia N3,300
Awka N3,100

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sam1919: 8:34am On Feb 22, 2021
Thank you. Please who know the price for Benin
spyder880:

Enugu N3,000
Ekwulobia N3,300
Awka N3,100

(1) (2) (3) ... (2015) (2016) (2017) (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) ... (3675) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.