Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,124 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2021) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4394317 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 12:11pm On Feb 23, 2021
Any idea of the price of cement in Ibadan ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:14pm On Feb 23, 2021
lukkens:
please house, i need quote for installation of p.o.p ceiling for 26sqm; numbers of p.o.p cement, sponge/filer, p.o.p paint and other requirement for the installation.

many thanks in advance

Check this out.....

Pop themes Creation (with LCD Panel)

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 12:15pm On Feb 23, 2021
Hello my people i greet everybody ooo, well my those may need this kind wall and bricks pls kindly reach me with this 07087953771
My price is affordable and we are good in delivering as well

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:53pm On Feb 23, 2021
somehow:

Some of our country's problems started from 1979 (Shagari), not really 1983 except we want to be blind to what happened between 1979 and 1983.

1979 - 1983 are the symptoms but it’s normal teething issue in a developing world. It took SA decades to get it right. We were just trying to get along so conflicts are expected. Aren’t we living with it right now?

What we’re witnessing now is 10x the reason the 2nd republic was truncated by the millitia boys. Remember, they cited charges of corruption and administrative incompetence as reasons for military intervention.

The 1985 overthrow cited misuse of power, violations of human rights by key officers of the SMC, and the government's failure to deal with the country's deepening economic crisis as justifications for the takeover.

That’s how everything started.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:59pm On Feb 23, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Check this out.....

Pop themes Creation (with LCD Panel)

Why anyone would put this garish looking thing in their residence befuddles me.

It looks like the lounge of a Texas whorehouse. This according to a friend wink
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by godquality: 1:16pm On Feb 23, 2021
Guys am back again with another question. the roofing is completed now. Am grateful for the advise received so far from you guys. it helps in shaping my knowledge on building.

So am trying to get the windows for the whole house done. i have seen a lot of aluminum casement windows with in-built burglary. How strong are these or would i need an additional burglary proof?

Or would it be just better to get the windows without the in-built burglary and get a separate iron burglary.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 1:58pm On Feb 23, 2021
godquality:
Guys am back again with another question. the roofing is completed now. Am grateful for the advise received so far from you guys. it helps in shaping my knowledge on building.

So am trying to get the windows for the whole house done. i have seen a lot of aluminum casement windows with in-built burglary. How strong are these or would i need an additional burglary proof?

Or would it be just better to get the windows without the in-built burglary and get a separate iron burglary.

if you haven’t gotten an electrician we are available sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:08pm On Feb 23, 2021
godquality:

do a separate burglary if you can afford it. It's always better. Issue of funds is usually why people don't do it separately

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 2:26pm On Feb 23, 2021
Mueeze:
Good Morning House,

Kindly help critic this floor plans. It is a 4 bedroom duplex with the following

Ground Floor

Ante-Room
Visitors Toilet
Main Living Room
Dining Area
Guest Bedroom Ensuite
Kitchen with Pantry/Store
Laundry
Home Office/Study

First Floor
Living Room
Box Room
Masters Bedroom with Walk-in Closet
2nos Bedroom

perfect plan
my observation is on the home office, why don't u have a access door from outside with a cantilever canopy or where the laundry is to serve as entry point for external.

having people come in through your main lounge, dining before the office is a no for me except it's not actually going to serve much official purpose.
my thought though.
nice one from the designer

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:35pm On Feb 23, 2021
Horlardorjah:

perfect plan
my observation is on the home office, why don't u have a access door from outside with a cantilever canopy or where the laundry is to serve as entry point for external.

having people come in through your main lounge, dining before the office is a no for me except it's not actually going to serve much official purpose.
my thought though.

It’s more of work-from-home space so no need unless you’re trying to connect outdoor with indoor.

______
I’m drifting towards this direction in my ongoing studio construction. In my personal build, I do weird stuffs cheesy

NextBox

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:00pm On Feb 23, 2021
n3xt:

1979 - 1983 are the symptoms but it’s normal teething issue in a developing world. It took SA decades to get it right. We were just trying to get along so conflicts are expected. Aren’t we living with it right now?

What we’re witnessing now is 10x the reason the 2nd republic was truncated by the millitia boys. Remember, they cited charges of corruption and administrative incompetence as reasons for military intervention.

The 1985 overthrow cited misuse of power, violations of human rights by key officers of the SMC, and the government's failure to deal with the country's deepening economic crisis as justifications for the takeover.

That’s how everything started.

The 1983 overthrow cited the same, hope you know?

To me, our problems started from the first republic enroute the second republic.

The greatest undoing was changing from regional system of government to what we currently have.

It's a total rubbish.

All the high buildings you're talking about are products of regional system of government.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2021
n3xt:

It’s more of work-from-home space so no need unless you’re trying to connect outdoor with indoor.

______
I’m drifting towards this direction in my ongoing studio construction. In my personal build, I do weird stuffs cheesy

NextBox

Im with you on this Sir, but we might need to define the home office of a thingy, some of us does have home offices in our builds with two access, one from the inside and the other to the outside.
n I think some does have it in mind to make it a full operational office on the long run with some extension later. so the clients brief is what we can really use to depict or should I say arrive at the purpose the home office will actually serve with the future in mind

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:09pm On Feb 23, 2021
somehow:

To me, our problems started from the first republic enroute the second republic.

The greatest undoing was changing from regional system of government to what we currently have.

It's a total rubbish.

All the high buildings you're talking about are products of regional system of government.

I agree completely.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mueeze(m): 3:24pm On Feb 23, 2021
Thanks. The home office is more for private use. Work from home and study/library for the family.

Horlardorjah:

perfect plan

my thought though.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:29pm On Feb 23, 2021
michlins:
do a separate burglary if you can afford it. It's always better. Issue of funds is usually why people don't do it separately
My brother why will you assume funds is the issue, every individual choice and interest is different. If people can spend 1 million to buy one single door, are you telling me that person can’t afford to build burglar for his or her windows. It may be easier for you to build it separately, you most be ready to face challenges of creativity as public demand for it. I’ve seen many of your products that are model in style you’re very good in what you do. I’m waiting to see you fabricate a windows with burglary opening for safety including mosquitoes net in a single window. I think you should think of it.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:39pm On Feb 23, 2021
somehow:

It's a total rubbish

To the first bold....
If we had not had the nigerian/biafran war then it would still be.

To the second bold.....
Nothing stops those of the old region to have a common ground to work together to bring economic prosperity to their region.

The mentality of the typical nigerian is to work as an individual rather than as a people.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2021
kopell:
My brother why will you assume funds is the issue, every individual choice and interest is different. If people can spend 1 million to buy one single door, are you telling me that person can’t afford to build burglar for his or her windows. It may be easier for you to build it separately, you most be ready to face challenges of creativity as public demand for it. I’ve seen many of your products that are model in style you’re very good in what you do. I’m waiting to see you fabricate a windows with burglary opening for safety including mosquitoes net in a single window. I think you should think of it.

He is a welder and not an alumco fabricator. Though that can be accomplished by him if he is given the both jobs as a single unit. I do not think embedded burglary into casement windows is a difficult task.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:44pm On Feb 23, 2021
godquality:

If its not a bungalow, maybe you can do seperate burglary for the ground floor and the 3 in one for the top floor.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:49pm On Feb 23, 2021
bixton:

To the first bold....
If we had not had the nigerian/biafran war then it would still be.

To the second bold.....
Nothing stops those of the old region to have a common ground to work together to bring economic prosperity to their region.

The mentality of the typical nigerian is to work as an individual rather than as a people.

Do we have a common goal as a Nigerian?

What makes a Nigerian a Nigerian when we don't even know in clear term what makes a Yoruba from Ijebu and the yoruba from Ilesha Yoruba?

When we have a common goal or ideology, then you can talk about working together.

Make I no flood this place.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 3:53pm On Feb 23, 2021
Mueeze:
Thanks. The home office is more for private use. Work from home and study/library for the family.

kudos Sir.
God's speed on the project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:56pm On Feb 23, 2021
somehow:

Do we have a common goal as a Nigerian?

What makes a Nigerian a Nigerian when we don't even know in clear term what makes a Yoruba from Ijebu and the yoruba from Ilesha Yoruba?

When we have a common goal or ideology, then you can talk about working together.

Make I no flood this place.

Who do you think will create it @ the bold?
It's the response that will make all other things fall into their rightful place in time.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 4:13pm On Feb 23, 2021
Rewriting of the constitution (by representatives elected by real people from every LG) is one way
bixton:

Who do you think will create it @ the bold?
It's the response that will make all other things fall into their rightful place in time.

Another option is a referendum by elected representatives from every region.

e Don do.

Na construction thread we dey.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:21pm On Feb 23, 2021
somehow:

e Don do.

Is reconstructing Nigeria not part of construction?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2021
somehow:
Rewriting of the constitution (by representatives elected by real people from every LG) is one way

Another option is a referendum by elected representatives from every region.

e Don do.

grin grin grin grin
If you say so then the Nigerian constitution needs to undergo a contemporary construction.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:39pm On Feb 23, 2021
bixton:

grin grin grin grin
If you say so then the Nigerian constitution needs to undergo a contemporary construction.

Yes o.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:40pm On Feb 23, 2021
kopell:
when I say funds is the reason people don't do separate burglary, I mean normal person oh. Like kobo kobo project person not the ghosts we have in this thread doing mighty builds. Personally, I will take separate burglary anytime any day.

Another reason people don't do it is because they don't want to hassle two artisans at once. Imagine when you finish dealing with alumaco guy, you begin with a welder. Normal person will want to contract the job to one person and hassle only him.

The attached window burglary here is too expensive for ordinary Joe

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Paras011: 5:12pm On Feb 23, 2021
Top Construction Technology Trends in 2021

The construction industry is regarded as one of the industries that adopted technology late. The industry has, however, seen emerging trends and there seems to be no limit to the number of technological tools springing up every time. These tools have put construction experts on their toes to keep up with the continuing evolution in the industry, and make the construction process very easy and less-cumbersome.

Though the COVID-19 pandemic had a great impact on hastening tech adoption in the industry in 2020, findings reveal that the rate of tech adoption in the year is the same as what would have occurred in a three-year span.

With the hope offered by the high rate at which COVID-19 vaccinations are being administered in several countries, and the projection that we would reach herd immunity at some point, the construction industry would soon be preparing for economic recovery that would increase the demand for construction activities.

Increase in demand for construction activities will translate to the use of younger workforce for greater adoption of technology in 2021 which will improve productivity, eliminate inefficiencies, and lead to higher quality. There will surely be more emphasis and focus on quality and safety. It is, therefore, imperative to consider and analyse some of the technology trends likely to be adopted by construction experts this year.

Construction Management Software

Construction management software helps construction companies and personnel to be more competitive and master operational efficiency.

The numerous software available come with diverse features and functions. They create opportunity for workers to tackle end-to-end needs, compile data and share files with mobile teams. Other functions and features offered by these software include easy budgeting, document storage, payroll, and HR, monitoring inventory and project management. The key to maximizing construction management software is to choose the best that suits one’s needs. This can be done by their usability and integration with other software. Their customization options, upgrades, additional features as well as availability of support and training can also be considered before making a choice. Some of the software that may be adopted in the industry are:

Procore;
CoConstruct;
Buildertrend;
PlanGrid;
ProjectSight;
RedTeam;
Quick Base; and
Projul.
More Adoption of Building Information Modeling (BIM)

Building Information Modeling is an advanced software modeling which offers immense benefits to the architecture and construction industry. It has changed the way architects and construction engineers approach building design as it provides powerful tools that enhance creation of dynamic design and streamlined structures that stand the test of time.

BIM improves collaboration and creates efficiency in workflow. It creates opportunity for architects, structural engineers and builders to access information in the format that they need without having to create different models. This means that the edits made in one format are automatically propagated throughout the system, removing the need to update different drafts as plans progress. Approaching design through database storage further removes the need to manually produce most other end-product design documents such as schedules, colour filled diagrams, drawings and 3D models.

3D visuals generated via BIM provide clarity on the product to various stakeholders, thus providing them sufficient visibility of the practical challenges. It enables you to design plans and then present them for review by clients or others without specialised architectural training and without extra planning.

BIM enables a user to observe the model in a seventh dimension called the life-cycle facility management view. This display shows expected operational costs for the building once it’s completed. With this, the user can make wise design decisions that will lead to greater cost savings and simpler building maintenance for you in the future.

BIM allows users to resolve coordination issues. It produces a near ‘zero-defect’ design and predicts the material required more accurately, leading to reduced wastage on site during the construction and maintenance processes.

Robotics and Drones

Big impact is being created on safety and productivity with the automation of construction tasks with drones and robotics. This means that construction robots will be used to complete simple, repetitive, and labor-intensive tasks like laying bricks, tying rebar, and installing drywall in future. This, however, does not mean that robots will replace humans. They will only aid and augment workers’ performance, enabling them to be more productive, and possible extend their careers by reducing the wear and tear on their bodies that occurs over years of employment.

Construction drones are also used to inspect structures in order to make construction sites safer. They are used to conduct jobsite inspections, monitor progress on projects, and identify potential hazards each day. They can also be used to monitor workers throughout the day to ensure everyone is working safely.

As drone technology continues to evolve rapidly in its accuracy and precision of its readings, even less human involvement will be required.

Artificial Intelligence (AI)

Artificial Intelligence is a technology that can be used with other technology like BIM, sensors, and laser scanners to gather the information it will use to learn and make decisions. AI focuses on technology that enables computers and machines to mimic human intelligence.

All the data collected in construction over the years on projects can be used to improve machine learning and predict future outcomes on projects, aid in schedule, mitigate risk, and improve productivity. AI is used to monitor workers and identify safety hazards or missing PPE and immediately alert the worker and safety manager via their smartphone or a wearable device to correct the hazard before an accident occurs.

AI can also be used in project planning and scheduling, simulating the projects millions of times in a matter of minutes and making small adjustments each time to deliver the ideal schedule to maximize efficiency and productivity to reduce timelines and save money.

Greater Modularisation, Prefabrication, and Sustainability

Modularisation and Prefabrication are very popular trends. This is because they are energy-efficient and cost-effective. These features have been favored lately as a result of the continuous rise in the costs of building materials. Many construction companies, who have the desire to cut costs, have been projected to also embrace modular and prefabricated construction. These trends create effective hot melt adhesives and the overall ease of design which make home building process quite easy. This means that many permanent modular and prefabricated buildings will spring up in the near future.

As regard sustainability, the construction industry has embraced green technology as many homeowners, buyers, renters, and commercial tenants are now using it has standard. Green technology aims to lower a building’s carbon footprint and the use of resources and building models to reduce the use of resources, as buildings are reportedly responsible for 40 percent of energy consumption and 30 percent of greenhouse gas emissions.

Final Words

There is a gleam of hope for the construction industry in 2021 after the shadow of darkness created by the pandemic in 2020. There will be an unprecedented adoption of advanced construction technology as technology is the potent tool against lack of productivity and quality, inefficiency, and concerns about safety and longevity.

For more Construction related blogs click HERE
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 5:45pm On Feb 23, 2021
[quote author=Paras011 post=99355731]Top Construction Technology Trends in 2021

The construction industry is regarded as one of the industries that adopted technology late. The industry has, however, seen emerging trends and there seems to be no limit to the number of technological tools springing up every time. These tools have put construction experts on their toes to keep up with the continuing evolution in the industry, and make the construction process very easy and less-cumbersome.

Though the COVID-19 pandemic had a great impact on hastening tech adoption in the industry in 2020, findings reveal that the rate of tech adoption in the year is the same as what would have occurred in a three-year span.

With the hope offered by the high rate at which COVID-19 vaccinations are being administered in several countries, and the projection that we would reach herd immunity at some point,
There is herd immunity in Nigeria already!

Nice write up!

Where are your References?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 6:06pm On Feb 23, 2021
godquality:

Do it with burglary, 3 in 1
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by redcliff: 6:36pm On Feb 23, 2021
[quote author=KelvinCoaster post=99356594][/quote]

wetin u wan use am do?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 7:25pm On Feb 23, 2021
Abeg who sabi anyone with this qualification?

Please be informed that for a new premises which has never been connected to the national grid, you are required to fill the form attached and stamp the form by a Licensed Electrical Contractor (LECAN) to enable us create an electricity account number for the premises.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 8:28pm On Feb 23, 2021
We are here for your Aluminium windows, doors and railings.. check out our threads. Thanks

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2018) (2019) (2020) (2021) (2022) (2023) (2024) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Lakuje4power(m), ChybuzzDD(m), ajaosaheed12(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.