Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,820 members, 7,817,394 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2070) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390600 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by okeyglm: 11:52pm On Mar 23, 2021
Jasobry:

9" block is 200 Naira
6" block is 160 Naira
Stone dust is 1000 Naira/tonne
Sharp sand is 11k
Plastering sand is 13k
Cement is 3650
Pop cement is 6000/6500
Fibre 1700/kg
All these are Enugu prices
sand laterite and gravel are always cheap I'm Enugu.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 12:08am On Mar 24, 2021
Time flies but some things never change, doesn’t matter if it’s 5 years ago or today. No be today defenders come out of the woodwork to defend fraud. Who would have thought I’d be back posting this in 2021.

For those that work for their money, research is very important when dealing with brabus / n3xt. The only difference with the names mentioned in the first screenshot is that more victims were revealed after the post and I updated a few more this year.

I have no doubt that there are many more who could not speak up for various reasons. Wonder what happened with thegreengoner?

Sometimes, people are left to lick their wounds in silence. Some might have figured they were better off keeping quiet so Peter could be robbed to pay them (Paul).

Brabusng / n3xt / brabus / kobocity had a good run on here for many years and we have the victims’ tales of woe testifying to their experience at this man’s hands.

If you see something, don’t keep shut and let someone else suffer the same thing. Sometimes, it’s the little acts of kindness we do that protect our sweat from the devourer.

Don’t take my word for it, do your own search. All posts are verifiable and are all here in this section. Still awaiting evidence all those people lied and were just jealous of him LOL

9 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 12:15am On Mar 24, 2021
Maybe brabus get / n3xt / brabus has changed his eeerrrmm “business strategy” so why not give him a chance? After all, a non remorseful braggart who came online to mock his victims’ pain could be a changed man.

Well, minimum 2 people that later became victims gave him a chance and we got their testimonies afterwards. The second gentleman says he spent millions to fix the sinking house brabus / n3xt built him. Yes, actual SINKING, the house was basically going into the ground. Maybe brabusng / n3xt / brabus / kobocity was not given enough opportunity to prove himself though? Maybe it’s all these victims that were the problem? Sure, go ahead and manufacture that logic in your brain. Look at what QC1 said in 2013. Go to the thread link below and read his lamentations. His 2015 post is below. Someone that truly gave n3xt / brabusng/ brabus a chance smh.

If you work for your money, don’t let them swallow you up with packaging, do your research well.

https://www.nairaland.com/3148782/.

The thread starter did not do it for altruistic reasons but God so good, it’s a solid point of reference and good catalogue of some of n3xt ‘s atrocities. When God wants to save you, He’ll use anybody. The thread did not capture every single victim but there’s quite a bit you can learn from there.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:40am On Mar 24, 2021
MMotimo:
Maybe brabus get / n3xt / brabus has changed his eeerrrmm “business strategy” so why not give him a chance? After all, a non remorseful braggart who came online to mock his victims’ pain could be a changed man.

Well, minimum 2 people that later became victims gave him a chance and we got their testimonies afterwards. The second gentleman says he spent millions to fix the sinking house brabus / n3xt built him. Yes, actual SINKING, the house was basically going into the ground. Maybe brabusng / n3xt / brabus was not given enough opportunity to prove himself though? Maybe it’s all these victims that were the problem? Sure, go ahead and manufacture that logic in your brain.

If you work for your money, don’t let them swallow you up with packaging, do your research well.

Sigh!

Next time, just provide a link to the thread. I’m sure you know all Brabus projects from start to finish are still on nairaland and no single post deleted.

I’d like those hurting to heal and all new homeowners to learn.
Just take your time to visit the thread and kindly follow up the project from start to the end. That’s why we keep a construction journal for all our projects.

There are lot of lessons for new homeowners on that thread.

_________

I once heard Brabus took 25m for the project grin grin grin Hmm! Anyone can claim anything but when you dig deeper you’ll find the truth. Truth is constant.

The build route for the project was 100% owner managed. This means the client provided the materials and labors where necessary to handle the job. Brabus only handled a few part outsourced to him (hire of marine boards, supply of carpenter and iron bender).

Liars (I mean haterz) will always do anything to make their story sweet. This includes starting a story from the end grin

Don’t be too lazy to check the thread, read comments and contributions of valued followers. All of us can’t be stewpid at the same time grin
It’s right here https://www.nairaland.com/1338637/chateau-ile-oluji-construction-journal/43#20483619

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 3:58am On Mar 24, 2021
The chateau at Ile -Oluji

Like all the others, it began with a lot of glitter but sticky fingers don’t stay still. Here is the link to that escapade when story story started

https://www.nairaland.com/1338637/chateau-ile-oluji-construction-journal/36#20003240

As you can see, no shortage of audacity, asking for additional 400k so that he can pay the gbese owed to the same client small small. Where is that post again that talked about his fetishness, planting juju on his clients’ sites. I guess juju gives you unexplainable courage, trouble is it always fails.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:08am On Mar 24, 2021
In another news, I got a feedback that traffic to the number one naija self builders forum, kobocity.com increased dramatically in the past 2 days.

Thanks Mmotimo for all you do. You have influence!

We are busy moving people from here to there https://www.kobocity.com/d/80-first-time-owner-builder/184

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 4:21am On Mar 24, 2021
Too many defender/casualties along the way. Too bad these defenders don’t put their money where their mouth is. Always ready to defend fraud but they won’t award him their monied projects.

Is it any wonder reputable old timers cannot defend him? Even the one that was talking around in circles a few days ago, I saw his 2013 post on the chateau thread when he still had a conscience . The sooner you regulars root out the wolves amongst the sheep, the better for this section and consumers. Mixing wheat with chaff does not work. But then again, the old timers know whom to approach when it comes down to cash, it’s the newbies that suffer.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:25am On Mar 24, 2021
MMotimo:
The chateau at Ile -Oluji

Like all the others, it began with a lot of glitter but sticky fingers don’t stay still. Here is the link to that escapade when story story started

https://www.nairaland.com/1338637/chateau-ile-oluji-construction-journal/36#20003240

As you can see, no shortage of audacity, asking for additional 400k so that he can pay the gbese owed to the same client small small. Where is that post again that talked about his fetishness, planting juju on his clients’ sites.

Wow!

You are talking about the same client whose roofs done by another builder were removed within 1 year of install.

Roof of 2 house done in Diamond Estate by another contractor were removed within one year and it didn’t make a headline news.

I’d like to know what they did to the person who roofed the two houses whose roofs were removed after one year of install. Please kindly help dig and update us.

The 400k variation on a N18m carcass delivered by me was requested for the supply of windows when our window maker ran away with money. grin

For the records, I delivered the my part of the project (the design and the carcass) and learnt from that project not to give monies to window contractors to fabricate windows offsite for me any more.

I invested heavily in tools of trade for aluminum window grin

See the house and check the thread below https://www.nairaland.com/1207845/paper-brick-construction-semi-detached-duplex

It’s all in here!

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:26am On Mar 24, 2021
Next ??

I need to quickly tidy up. It’s time for work here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 4:32am On Mar 24, 2021
Let’s see, 4.27 am in Lagos.

Who’s in the garden? Only enterprising laptop builders who don’t have a site to go to in the morning. After all, ain’t no mugu like an online property section mugu. Just one maga is all that’s needed to get some cash flowing until the next time.

I guess sleepless nights on the www compiling pictures from the sites of actual builders and making up fictitious WhatsApp conversations with vague “clients “ about non existent job sites are well worth it. Ask our yahoo yahoo boys, you just need to dedicate time to cultivate the image you want to project. I once saw a post talking about how n3xt / kobocity / brabusng / brabus went from a novice looking for pointers when building his house many years ago to a “builder” in the twinkle of an eye. Yes, right in this section. That person’s post is still here on Nland. It’s called packaging, only way a novice with limited actual experience becomes an internet expert.

N3xt is proficient at this, he’s very good with the packaging and deceit, this is what he does. You are facing an expert, be very very careful. I once described him as a sociopath and one of his victims called him “yahoo boy with a shovel.” Add in a bunch of internet cheerleaders always ready to defend fraud and BOOM! We have another victim.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:34am On Mar 24, 2021
MMotimo:

Who’s in the garden? Only enterprising laptop builders who don’t have a site to go to in the morning.

It’s only me and you caught in an entanglement grin grin

What exactly do you want from me aunty?

______

On another side, I’m working on this. See pic below. I’m ambidextrous and can juggle multiple stuffs at the same time.

Today, I’ll be in Ijebu Ode, Ajah and Oshodi for 3 different projects.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 4:47am On Mar 24, 2021
For people that work for their money:

So, how do you do a search to get yourself some protection so that you do not fall for brabusng/ brabus / n3xt / kobocity and his associates?

Ask for the full name of the person offering service and google that name on the internet Google site . You’d be surprised at the information out there. N3xt ‘s court arraignment is right there on the www under his real name, free, public information.

Same thing, google all the user IDs that they use on Nairaland. Do this same search here on Nairaland like so:

Go to the top search button and search the name. It will usually search in all sections which is often unhelpful
Narrow your search by choosing “properties” so that it searches only this section.

I have refrained from mentioning names of what I would consider credible (some are very much not) old timers who could provide references because a lot of them maintain a distance from n3xt / brabusng / brabus beyond very occasional post association. I have noticed that the more respectable personalities don’t engage with him constantly and I don’t want to put them on the spot by mentioning their names. They were here through it all and know much more about brabus than I do.

A lot of those people come here because of a real interest in building, theirs or others and have no vested interest . Many are based in the diaspora and show up at odd times of the day but they lurk and have used a lot of the artisans here. Some have built multiple homes in Naija, using Nairaland contractors. I believe that the good vendors are more than the bad.

The real builders and contractors with no scandals would be a good source of referrals too but they’re probably leery of being termed “haters” so don’t ask them who “NOT TO” do business with. Instead, ask them who they “WOULD” recommend to their own family members. The true builders / contractors are booked and busy and may not get back to you quickly. Don’t give up.

Consumers have done well here but a lot of millions have also been lost to conmen in this section so never let down your guard. The good ones may not be able to do your job right away. Exercise patience and wait. It’s not how fast but how well. Never be in a hurry to spend money. May God protect us from the devourers aka awon apanilekunjaiye, the ones who want to prosper on other people’s tears.you can imagine a conman saying he used a customer’s #3 million to fund his father’s funeral expenses smh.

Screenshots for searching below. You can also use this to search for thread titles in the screenshots highlighting N3xt’s multiple dramas here and you can also use it to find more about other eeerrrmm characters like hslbroker.

Note - this is an example only, I do not know anything about the username I searched and I am not in any way suggesting that individual has done anything wrong.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:15am On Mar 24, 2021
MMotimo:

Note - this is an example only, I do not know anything about the username I searched and I am not in any way suggesting that individual has done anything wrong.

When asked to provide evidence against brabus in court of law, my fictitious N5m complainant has stories like yours above to share.

The magistrate told him he’s yet to convince the court on his own case grin grin he’s busy bringing up baseless accusations and told him why do people abroad felt they can just treat their folks back home anyhow.

There’s no point wasting time searching and teaching people how to do it. We refer those in touch with us to check out our previous builds and we are never in a rush to delete our old posts or change our user ids.
Wahala for person wey hin daily bread dey nairaland.

Just come down to Nigeria with your nairaland evidences grin against brabus and stand as a witness to nab and prosecute him.

For 10 years, all I see here is bunch of cry cry overgrown babies and attention seekers.
Most of my clients aren’t really the issue but marauders who make them feel like they’re dealing with a devil grin thus making them to abandon their life goals in pursuit of frivolities.

______

Just imagine, someone calling his contractor who built a N18m house a fraud because of windows that were not supplied by a subcontractor engaged for the job.

Evidences proved the subcontractor absconded with money. Police went to raid the window contractors shop and confirmed there were windows in the shop but incomplete.

Evidence show that we paid 400k directly to a new window contractor because the client cannot wait any longer.

Evidences show that the 18m house was built without compromise within 60 days.

But the client who couldn’t do anything to another contractor who messed up his personal residences which were flanking Brabus build said Brabus is a fraud.
Just imagine what would happen if the roof of a project brabus did is leaking, let alone rusting and roofs of 2 whole buildings had to be removed after 1 year after installation.

grin grin grin

Just mention one project given to brabus and he did nothing or ran away with money.

Just one!

______

Good morning nairaland! Well done madam Mmotimo, I’m glad I kept you busy.

Off to work.

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 6:17am On Mar 24, 2021
mosefin19:
Pls I just wanna start foundation on my half plot of land and this is what is given to me for the foundation I wanna ask if it’s okay.... I already have 1.5million to spend on the land now and I hope it can go far a little bit

This quote is not detailed. Can u request for a detailed one and also include the drawing of your building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:20am On Mar 24, 2021
See work na grin grin as it set!!!

#internetphotographer

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ggee(m): 6:34am On Mar 24, 2021
This has turned to an obsession.
I am sorry to say you might need help. Try and get the help you need...

MMotimo:

Who’s in the garden? Only enterprising laptop builders who don’t have a site to go to in the morning. After all, ain’t no mugu like an online property section mugu. Just one maga is all that’s needed to get some cash flowing until the next time.

I guess sleepless nights on the www compiling pictures from the sites of actual builders and making up fictitious WhatsApp conversations with vague “clients “ about non existent job sites are well worth it. Ask our yahoo yahoo boys, you just need to dedicate time to cultivate the image you want to project. I once saw a post talking about how n3xt went from a novice looking for pointers when building his house many years ago to a “builder” in the twinkle of an eye. Yes, right in this section. That person’s post is still here on Nland. It’s called packaging, only way a novice with limited actual experience becomes an internet expert.

N3xt is proficient at this, he’s very good with the packaging and deceit, this is what he does. You are facing an expert, be very very careful. I once described him as a sociopath and one of his victims called him “yahoo boy with a shovel.” Add in a bunch of internet cheerleaders always ready to defend fraud and BOOM! We have another victim.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SeniorGee(m): 6:38am On Mar 24, 2021
The Bio-Digester Toilet system is an awesome and environment friendly modern toilet system that never gets filled! Bacteria/Enzymes introduced into the chamber feeds on the human waste. They multiply rapidly once activated and can deal with any kind and form of human kaka�.
The Bio Digester has many Advantages (benefits)over the old man hole or septic tank.
Here are some of the advantages :

1. You save money compared to the cost of constructing and maintaining the septic tank system.

2. It needs little space.

3. It is green and nature friendly.

4. No more waste removal as the micro organisms eat up the waste.

5. It has a longer lifespan.

6. Minimal Maintenance

7. Quick and Easy installation, ready in just 3 days.

8. No more flies and other pests associated manhole.

9. Odourless

10. The waste water produced can be used to irrigate gardens and farms, and the leftover chaff as manure.

11 *** Excellent for swampy or waterlogged areas too.

All these for a fraction of the cost of the conventional Septic soakaway system!!

We anticipate your patronage and say
Thank You!!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ggee(m): 6:38am On Mar 24, 2021
Please, you will be helping by not responding to every post from a troll.

n3xt:
See work na grin grin as it set!!!

#internetphotographer

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:39am On Mar 24, 2021
Ggee:
Please, you will be helping by not responding to every post from a troll.

Thank you. I can do that perfectly.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by obagoally(m): 7:26am On Mar 24, 2021
SeniorGee:
The Bio-Digester Toilet system is an awesome and environment friendly modern toilet system that never gets filled! Bacteria/Enzymes introduced into the chamber feeds on the human waste. They multiply rapidly once activated and can deal with any kind and form of human kaka�.
The Bio Digester has many Advantages (benefits)over the old man hole or septic tank.
Here are some of the advantages :

Do you have links to jobs u have executed previously?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 8:03am On Mar 24, 2021
Living in a habitable residence enriches a man's health.
Beacon at OAK Group for great Architectural designs and building constructional works.
+2348108408732
Uncleteeh@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by koolengrtimmy(m): 8:16am On Mar 24, 2021
Good to be here again after a long time, thank you for referrals. Like I always say, I'm only available for consultations.
Ask me anything, if I can answer I will guide you freely. I saw lot of issues had happened with some notable folks.

All I will say is that , let's have the fear of GOD in all our dealings.

Remember a mistake in construction is disastrous and the cost implications are grievous.

Engr Timmy is back.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 8:51am On Mar 24, 2021
MMotimo:
Too many defender/casualties along the way. Too bad these defenders don’t put their tomoney where their mouth is. Always ready to defend fraud but they won’t award him their monied projects.

Is it any wonder reputable old timers cannot defend him? Even the one that was talking around in circles a few days ago, I saw his 2013 post on the chateau thread when he still had a conscience . The sooner you regulars root out the wolves amongst the sheep, the better for this section and consumers. Mixing wheat with chaff does not work. But then again, the old timers know whom to approach when it comes down to cash, it’s the newbies that suffer.

Thanks for your effort. It's probably time to chill.

If you have been duped then present your case, if not then give the room some space to breathe.

Cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 9:10am On Mar 24, 2021
koolengrtimmy:
Good to be here again after a long time, thank you for referrals. Like I always say, I'm only available for consultations.

Ask me anything, if I can answer I will guide you freely. I saw lot of issues had happened with some notable folks.

ll I will say is that , let's have the fear of GOD in all our dealings.

Remember a mistake in construction is disastrous and the cost implications are grievous.

Engr Timmy is back.

Fear of God is a 'sure' path to sustained success.

Good morning, please at lintel level for a bungalow, how many layers of blocks should be added? Must it be 2? What is suitable for a building that may include POP?. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:36am On Mar 24, 2021
Godisgreatest1:

Good morning, please at lintel level for a bungalow, how many layers of blocks should be added? Must it be 2? What is suitable for a building that may include POP?. Thank you.

Two is common but I’ll never do less than three going forward.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chioma1989: 9:54am On Mar 24, 2021
My Engineers and contractors, please what are your experiences with Nigerian tiles? We saw some really nice wooden tiles made by Nigerian companies. Our intention was to get Spanish and Chinese tiles but we are not buoyant enough to buy the ones that can cover the whole area. Honestly, things are expensive no

The Nigerian porcelain wooden tiles looked good and cheaper. Please share your experiences if you have used any of the Nigerian made tiles and their durability.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by woles3435: 9:54am On Mar 24, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Godisgreatest1: 10:24am On Mar 24, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you Sir. Please I read somewhere that if it is 2 layers the POP will be too low and chandeliers may be too low as close to the head as well. The person was advised not to use POP with complex designs so that he can properly install wall lights. It was a 4 bedroom bungalow on this platform 2 or 3 years ago. That's why I ask.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:28am On Mar 24, 2021
Let's do it again. A member here contacted me to do a job for his friend. He went as far as to vouch for me a total stranger.

Immensely greatful to every member of this thread for all your efforts in helping others grow financially and otherwise

We're moving to site already today having been mobilized yesterday

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by koolengrtimmy(m): 10:29am On Mar 24, 2021
Godisgreatest1:

I recommend 2 sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by koolengrtimmy(m): 10:34am On Mar 24, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Yes but client will not envisage other aesthetics of lighting and pop.

But 2-3 depends on the overall headroom.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.