Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2093) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4390281 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2090) (2091) (2092) (2093) (2094) (2095) (2096) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:52am On Apr 03, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Nice meeting you yesterday and thanks for the cameras.
same here sir... thanks for your patronage. I appreciate it

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:53am On Apr 03, 2021
Ibadan electric fence and video door bell installation pictures added...

Two screen video door bell actually

https://www.nairaland.com/5681155/electrical-audio-system-cctv-fire/69
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by multikolour(m): 11:05am On Apr 03, 2021
BrabusNG:

When I told my client to allow us pick a larger chunk of reinforcements needed on my ongoing project, he was kinda reluctant at first and felt like “Prices could come down.”

I told him I have control over almost all other variables but reinforcement. Cement, sand, aggregates and formwork won’t pose a challenge for me on the project as I have better strategies to handle nasty surprises BUT reinforcements.

Today iron rod is 360k/ton... that’s 60k + over budget and the project is not even up 1 month old.

_________

While I was stocking up reinforcements, one of my friend decided to buy 4 wheelbarrows at DPC stage He had only 15 lengths of reinforcements left on his site.

Here’s the thing:
Contractors using 3D Building Information Modelling (BIM) systems to plan their projects would do far better than those who “work as the spirit led” in time like this.

For my friend (a certified member of NIQS), a wheelbarrow that can be rented at N500/day is a bigger priority in a very unpredictable market lipsrsealed

Even the people we call the illiterates are far smarter. I’d share a project shortly being executed by almost an illiterate man. He bought all the reinforcement for his 3 floor buildings at once and over 1500 planks.

Always remember, a QS quote won’t keep the price at “K” A smarter approach to construction will do.

Good morning all!
you should avoid bringing down the institution.
You can pass the information without downgrading them.

My opinion

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 11:21am On Apr 03, 2021
multikolour:
you should avoid bringing down the institution.
You can pass the information without downgrading them.

My opinion

Tbh, I have nothing against the institution but I think they can do better.

I had to bring in the institution so that they can know people are observing.
It’s the same way with LASTMA, SARS, FRSC, LASBCA, Customs and the likes.

______
Baba lati’s are never the problem but the professional bodies who neglected their core functions.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 11:23am On Apr 03, 2021
rmx:

Not bad at all , for the volumes I do can’t get at that price

Cash is 480/85

You’ll might be surprised at the powers of negotiations.

Mine steady stream of monthly transfers not occasional lump sums.

But any gain we have will be lost anyways because of local economy.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 11:38am On Apr 03, 2021
I feel sad submitting my building plans for approvals to a man working in an environment like pic 1 below.

O wrong nau! grin grin

Charity begins at home.

______

Just imagine designing from a place like pic 2 and getting to submit the drawings to a man working in pic 1 to vet and approve.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 11:50am On Apr 03, 2021
gbadexy:

Those that hesitated when the price just started rising would have to pay more or wait and hope it comes down which won't be anytime soon nor to the old initial price.

And I should publicly acknowledge the heads up you gave me ahead of a planned major painting project last year where you advised I bought the paint stock because input prices were anticipated to rise.

We managed to do that at current prices long before the planned painting which then took place later in the dry season.

Thanks for the honesty in service.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 11:53am On Apr 03, 2021
Fellow stockists in the house, let's just hope Madam dont complain because we have taken two rooms in their house cheesy cheesy

This inflation war, we must win it by fire by force.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 12:05pm On Apr 03, 2021
spyder880:
Fellow stockists in the house, let's just hope Madam dont complain because we have taken two rooms in their house cheesy cheesy

grin grin I’ll call madam to collect 5 years rent for the use of those rooms.

This might be good time to consider precast elements in some of our projects.

If nothing else, you’d reduce labour cost and unnecessary cost spent on formwork etc.

Eg precast lintels, septic tanks etc.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 12:15pm On Apr 03, 2021
Twostep:
Good morning house. Please I did my decking on the 3rd of February and had about 28 bags of cement left which was covered with nylon to prevent water/rain.

My question is how long can it be kept for before usage as it’s what I intend using to continue the upper floor but still gathering funds for that purpose.

Does it expire sort of and how much more time do I have ?

Thanks In anticipation.
use the cement to mold blocks and store.

To everyone who has an ongoing project,source the materials and secure them. There will be negligible increase in the price of labor but materials will keep skyrocketing. It's not panic buying, you're securing your money. Unless you have them in hard currency or crypto, your best bet is buy whatever materials you can buy.

@spyder880 taught me better

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 12:20pm On Apr 03, 2021
jabolo:

And I should publicly acknowledge the heads up you gave me ahead of a planned major painting project last year where you advised I bought the paint stock because input prices were anticipated to rise.

We managed to do that at current prices long before the planned paintinsg which then took place later in the dry season.

Thanks for the honesty in service.
It's always a pleasure doing business with you sir grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 12:41pm On Apr 03, 2021
BrabusNG:

grin grin I’ll call madam to collect 5 years rent for the use of those rooms.

This might be good time to consider precast elements in some of our projects.

If nothing else, you’d reduce labour cost and unnecessary cost spent on formwork etc.

Eg precast lintels, septic tanks etc.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MarbleWall: 1:45pm On Apr 03, 2021
WALL, FLOOR & CEILING CLADDINGS
FLUTED PANELS
PLASTIC MIRRORS
ACCESSORIES

WhatsApp Chat Sales Hotline: +2348062487498

Sales of high end, exquisite, fashionable & luxurious finish
Resistant to ♨️fire,�water, mould, scratch, termite & corrosion
�Durable, long lasting, hygienic, easy to clean, ♻️eco-friendly &�great value for money.
��✂️�Easy to install (DIY) & maintenance free

#pvcmarble #pvcmarblesheet #pvcmabledesign #interiordesign #decor #decoration #luxury

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 2:53pm On Apr 03, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

To be realistic though, this level of performance will not come in affordable.

PS: by this I mean we should be ready to pony up.
I know, most of his works are in ikoyi
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 2:56pm On Apr 03, 2021
One aboki dey tell me transfer is 487 per dollar .how come u sold at 497 . Kindly enlighten me . I hv transfer to sell on Tuesday
rmx:

Absolutely, kwarect , using my skills and experience honed over 20 years as a manufacturer , Not one devaluation has caught me napping over the last 14 years,

Was that cash or transfer ?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 3:07pm On Apr 03, 2021
Use it to do plaster on the ground floor instead of allowing it to harden up grin
Twostep:
Good morning house. Please I did my decking on the 3rd of February and had about 28 bags of cement left which was covered with nylon to prevent water/rain.

My question is how long can it be kept for before usage as it’s what I intend using to continue the upper floor but still gathering funds for that purpose.

Does it expire sort of and how much more time do I have ?

Thanks In anticipation.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabberjawz: 4:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
Fonyeri:
Check this Lady out on Instagram I think she can deliver. https://www.instagram.com/p/CC9kl4kFYzr/?igshid=h5ayhp9oqjn9

Thanks Boss...I will give it a look up... cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 4:04pm On Apr 03, 2021
spyder880:

No be small thing grin This is what 100 tonnes of iron rod looks like

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:06pm On Apr 03, 2021
BrabusNG:

Nice! Ego le?
just 98k only sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 4:08pm On Apr 03, 2021
Enyinne:
One aboki dey tell me transfer is 487 per dollar .how come u sold at 497 . Kindly enlighten me . I hv transfer to sell on Tuesday

Tell me how to contact you , might be interested
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 5:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
I sent a pm
rmx:

Tell me how to contact you , might be interested
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 5:05pm On Apr 03, 2021
This is goodnews!

Price of building materials are gradually coming down at Dei-dei market.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Xpkcreations(m): 5:16pm On Apr 03, 2021
3D Art,designs on ceiling,wall,floor. interior& exterior. Our job are of good quality& affordable price. Pls call 09091085752 or
whassap-08066703660. Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 5:36pm On Apr 03, 2021
I used chippings dust to plaster my house and it came out fantastic... Neighbours said i casted my wall grin grin angry angry
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:41pm On Apr 03, 2021
BrabusNG:

shocked shocked

Egungun becareful

You rang? grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by neduboo(m): 6:01pm On Apr 03, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

I heard from a dependable source: May/June this year cement price would have a free-fall.

Keeping my fingers crossed!!

Let's hope so
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:04pm On Apr 03, 2021
Jasobry:
I used chippings dust to plaster my house and it came out fantastic... Neighbours said i casted my wall grin grin angry angry

Some pics please

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 6:06pm On Apr 03, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Most excellent.

I pay on delivery. Omi Adio.

I need 5 truck grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2090) (2091) (2092) (2093) (2094) (2095) (2096) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SurveyorLAS, nairaland94(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.