Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,897 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2095) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4406422 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2092) (2093) (2094) (2095) (2096) (2097) (2098) ... (3670) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fabulous85: 1:44pm On Apr 04, 2021
it's not structural, but Aesthetic beauty is very important to me,thats why I need a solution. Am thinking of using fillers now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MarbleWall: 1:59pm On Apr 04, 2021
fabulous85:
it's not structural, but Aesthetic beauty is very important to me,thats why I need a solution. Am thinking of using fillers now

This video can help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxen58pV9Lg

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fabulous85: 2:04pm On Apr 04, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 2:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
topsy23:

Dei dei market in Abuja?
Yes! Dei-dei market in Abuja.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:03pm On Apr 04, 2021
Please note that expansion joints are predesign into structures. Sure it can be retrofitted but all I’ve ever seen involved cutting an arresting line.

#NotABible
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fabulous85: 3:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
please where can I buy this caulking material or something that serves the same purpose? it's called mor flexx caulk. is it paint sellers or building materials sellers? Baba Egunmogaji2 any idea?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bixton(m): 3:59pm On Apr 04, 2021
BrabusNG:
NextHome Design+Build

>> Upcoming

Well done on the job.
I can see the tank section.... grin grin

Hope you put into consideration a stress free maintenance work when the time arises.......

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 4:34pm On Apr 04, 2021
bixton:

Well done on the job.
I can see the tank section.... grin grin

Hope you put into consideration a stress free maintenance work when the time arises.......

This ain’t my first time doing stuffs like this. I knew exactly what it takes and will give it all it requires when the time comes.

______

Here’s something from my past project. A maintenance free tank slab starts from the design.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oluwaseyi0: 5:08pm On Apr 04, 2021
Please house who is quantity surveyor? Is it the same person that did my land survey?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 5:18pm On Apr 04, 2021
oluwaseyi0:
Please house who is quantity surveyor? Is it the same person that did my land survey?

A quantity surveyor is different from a land surveyor as the name implies.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:57pm On Apr 04, 2021
oluwaseyi0:

Cc QSFemi

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
fabulous85:
please where can I buy this caulking material or something that serves the same purpose? it's called mor flexx caulk. is it paint sellers or building materials sellers? Baba Egunmogaji2 any idea?

I’ve seen similar at my favorite stockist in Ibadan, Maduabuchi at Oke Bola. I’ve also seen some out and about at Labaowo.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:32pm On Apr 04, 2021
BrabusNG:

This ain’t my first time doing stuffs like this. I knew exactly what it takes and will give it all it requires when the time comes.

______

Here’s something from my past project. A maintenance free tank slab starts from the design.

Most excellent.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by fabulous85: 6:42pm On Apr 04, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’ve seen similar at my favorite stockist in Ibadan, Maduabuchi at Oke Bola. I’ve also seen some out and about at Labaowo.
ok thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hadrianus: 7:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
I agree with what you've said about the way they name floor levels but storey and story aren't interchangeable. A storey/story refers to the same thing which is the floor level. Floor to floor height is a different term.

[img][/img]
hakeem4:

I think you’re mistaking floor for storey!

G+1 is a 2 storey building wether American or Britain
The only difference is Britain calls it ground floor while Americans call it first floor.

But storey is from floor to floor or floor to roof.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 8:17pm On Apr 04, 2021
Happy Easter Everyone, We are available For all your Land Survey. 08069018449

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:28pm On Apr 04, 2021
Thank you boss for the mention

diordaves:

Cc QSFemi

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 8:31pm On Apr 04, 2021
Quantity Surveyors are professionals that are trained to establish estimated cost of construction works such as buildings, roads, bridges etc.

The estimated cost will, of course, include cost of materials, labour, plant and equipment, preliminaries, overheads and profit.

oluwaseyi0:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 8:55pm On Apr 04, 2021
diordaves:

Make I join the debate.

A bungalow is a single storey with ONE floor: the ground floor.

A four-flat and duplex is a double storey with TWO floors.

But in Nigeria, four-flat or duplex is a storey building.

So if one says in Nigeria, I want to build a storey building of four flats, that's an UPSTAIRS with two floors.

Architects in the house, what's the professional term?

To professional Estate Surveyors and Valuers, to avoid the confusion on nomenclature, we describe as follows

1. A development/ building which has a single floor. i.e after the blocks comes the roof, without decking for more blocks, that's a bungalow. It's has just one floor

2. Development on two floor levels (ground floor and the upper floor first floor as some may call it) is a house, then the design will tell you if it's a detached house, semi detached or a town/ terrace house. This kind of development has 2 floors, ground floor and upper floor.

3. A maisonette can also be described as having two floors. In a typical maisonette, you'll have the living room and kitchen on the ground floor, then the bedrooms would be on the upper floor, but found in condominiums mostly

4. Town houses/ Terrace houses can be on two or more floors. Ground floor, first floor and second floor (3 floors). In some town houses, you'll have a family dwelling on four floors. Ground floor, first floor, second floor and third floor (4 floors)

I try to avoid the storey or story building debate, by simply describing a family dwelling kind of development based on the never of floors before the roof.

My kind of development falls under a semi detached house on two floors.

It's a semi detached house because at the frontal part it accommodate a duplex, which has ground and first floor, then at the rear part a block of apartments.

That's a single building having two sections with a common roof and separated by party wall

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 9:01pm On Apr 04, 2021
Enyinne:
One aboki dey tell me transfer is 487 per dollar .how come u sold at 497 . Kindly enlighten me . I hv transfer to sell on Tuesday
From local bank to international bank?

From Nigeria to a bank in china for instance?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mup4life: 9:23pm On Apr 04, 2021
Pls house how much is the current price per carton of this spanish wall tile?

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 9:26pm On Apr 04, 2021
gbadexy:

I have to state it clearly that I do not possess any qualifications to advice on structural issues.
My advice is strictly on the cosmetic or aesthetic purpose.
Like I'm presently recommending to a nairaland client, I could formulate a rubber like putty with some limited level of expansion that would expand with little cracks on the wall.
It can't do anything to solve the cause.

Oga, is there a Whatsapp # you can be reached on?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2021
Nero2424:

Oga, is there a Whatsapp # you can be reached on?
Sure sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 11:01pm On Apr 04, 2021
spyder880:
Fellow stockists in the house, let's just hope Madam dont complain because we have taken two rooms in their house cheesy cheesy

This inflation war, we must win it by fire by force.

So na u be one of d people wey make price dey go up. I don catch u. shocked

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ikinternational: 11:19pm On Apr 04, 2021
hakeem4:

I think you’re mistaking floor for storey!

G+1 is a 2 storey building wether American or Britain
The only difference is Britain calls it ground floor while Americans call it first floor.

But storey is from floor to floor or floor to roof.

You're wrong. He's correct
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 12:36am On Apr 05, 2021
Naijapal:

So na u be one of d people wey make price dey go up. I don catch u. shocked

grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 12:52am On Apr 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Most excellent.

First of, you need a drain/run-off point. All other solutions na jara.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:23am On Apr 05, 2021
Mup4life:
Pls house how much is the current price per carton of this spanish wall tile?
4800 per meter while 6,816 per carton
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by nnadychuks(m): 4:09am On Apr 05, 2021
fabulous85:
extend the crack and put thick rods inbetween the cracks, then you cement it. That thing you’re looking for won’t solve anything.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 5:40am On Apr 05, 2021
fabulous85:
the cracks only appear where there are pillars on the wall. the rest of the wall and the main building has no cracks so I chiselled and nailed wire mesh to the crack, then plastered but it still appeared.

You need to observe the crack further to confirm if its a structural failure or not. Put a mark/ line on the crack or a glass piece to observe the rate of expansion with time.

Also confirm
1. if there has been any disturbance ( workdone) around the fence lately..
2..The type of foundation done and
3. The soil test report/ recommendations for the land.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hakeem4(m): 5:50am On Apr 05, 2021
Ikinternational:

You're wrong. He's correct

He’s wrong!

A G+1 building is a a 2 storey building anywhere in the world sir

(1) (2) (3) ... (2092) (2093) (2094) (2095) (2096) (2097) (2098) ... (3670) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.