Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,578 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2092) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4391119 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2089) (2090) (2091) (2092) (2093) (2094) (2095) ... (3667) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 8:00am On Apr 03, 2021
topsy23:

In American a storey is a bungalow but in Nigeria a storey is a two floors i.e upstairs

Here on nairaland, a storey building is 2 floors.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabberjawz: 8:11am On Apr 03, 2021
Hello all, av been following this thread & I must say it's really been educative & eye opening....I have a quick curious question......is there anyone or can folks refer someone who can do a graffiti art design on a building living room? Something like the photo below... cool

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 8:15am On Apr 03, 2021
[quote author=BrabusNG post=100440199]

When I told my client to allow us pick a larger chunk of reinforcements needed on my ongoing project, he was kinda reluctant at first and felt like “Prices could come down.”

I told him I have control over almost all other variables but reinforcement. Cement, sand, aggregates and formwork won’t pose a challenge for me on the project as I have better strategies to handle nasty surprises BUT reinforcements.

Today iron rod is 360k/ton... that’s 60k + over budget and the project is not even up 1 month old.

_________

While I was stocking up reinforcements, one of my friend decided to buy 4 wheelbarrows at DPC stage

Here’s the thing:
Contractors using 3D Building Information Modelling (BIM) systems to plan their projects would do far better than those who “work as the spirit led” in time like this.

True talk!

But ''working as the spirit leads'' is always the best option.
Neh.9 vs 20:''You gave your Holyspirit to instruct them''...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 8:15am On Apr 03, 2021
jabberjawz:
Hello all, av been following this thread & I must say it's really been educative & eye opening....I have a quick curious question......is there anyone or can folks refer someone who can do a graffiti art design on a building living room? Something like the photo below... cool

Are you sure this is graffiti or mural? I always use mural for stuffs like this though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 8:17am On Apr 03, 2021
gbadexy:

I didn't believe it could ever get this high. I wanted to buy materials in bulk around December but felt companies would resume by january and materials would be available again hence driving down price.
Major binder acrylic that was sold for N470 is sold for N1400 per kg as at now. Major pigment used in nearly all colours, titanium dioxide is solid 2 times the cost it was as at October last year, plastic container is twice the initial price with some change to spare, materials for oil based gloss is over 3 times the initial cost and they keep rising weekly!
It's like living in a nightmare that refuses to end.
Those that hesitated when the price just started rising would have to pay more or wait and hope it comes down which won't be anytime soon nor to the old initial price.
I used to know the finance ministers due to their activities and updates of their activities but now I don't even know who is in charge. Even if I read about her now, I would forget in hours.
Folks should brace up and strive to get whatever needs doing done if capable.
God forbids but na so Zimbabwe economy reach where it is gradually with great descent and no apparent reasonable attempt to stem the tide.

Once you have an overview of what happens locally and internationally you can predict most price increases . People must be proactive in times like this , if you have funds and have a future project , tie it down in materials obviously you can’t do this for all inputs

Started the construction of a project 1 March last year , bought most of the copper wires, iron rod , generators , transformer that same month . Project should be commissioned this may hopefully , you can imagine the savings

Have a proposed 3rd project am working on , no drawing no approval nothing yet o , just concept discussion, when I was buying iron rod to complete my second build asked the builder to give me a rough estimate for that also ,placed order for both 2 weeks ago , in the middle of supply prices changed I Just smiled

For that 3rd project I have placed order for generators last week , the supplier outside the country said prices will go up 1st April due to increase in copper prices etc, am sure i will buy transformer this month god willing

Delay is dangerous in Nigeria , add devaluation fears , inflation , port congestion , reduced importation , all causing scarcity and increased in prices . transfer is 497/8 to 1$ Now

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabberjawz: 8:17am On Apr 03, 2021
BrabusNG:

Are you sure this is graffiti or mural? I always use mural for stuffs like this though.

Yeah Mural...but graffiti can do as well, but mural will be the preferred option... cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 8:20am On Apr 03, 2021
jabberjawz:

Yeah Murals....but graffiti can do as well, but murals will be the preferred option... cool

Order it online and get a very good wall paper installer to do the installation.

Pic - Mural installation at NextHome H52

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabberjawz: 8:22am On Apr 03, 2021
BrabusNG:

Order it online and get a very good wall paper installer to do the installation.

I want to use a personal photo for the design, that's why am looking out for someone who is into stuff like these... cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 8:24am On Apr 03, 2021
jabberjawz:

I want to use a personal photo for the design, that's why am looking out for someone who is into stuff like these... cool

Go to muralsyourway.com and get a custom print.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabberjawz: 8:25am On Apr 03, 2021
BrabusNG:

Go to muralsyourway.com and get a custom print.

Ok thanks for the heads up... cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 8:41am On Apr 03, 2021
rmx:

Once you have overview of what happens locally and internationally you can predict most price increases . People must be proactive in times like this , if you have funds and have a future project , tie it down in materials obviously you can’t do this for all inputs

Started the construction of a project 1 March last year , bought most of the copper wires, iron rod , generators , transformer that same month . Project should be commissioned this may hopefully , you can imagine the savings

Have a proposed 3rd project am working on , no drawing no approval nothing yet o , just concept discussion, when I was buying iron rod to complete my second build asked the builder to give me a rough estimate for that also ,placed order for both 2 weeks ago , in the middle of supply prices changed I Just smiled

For that 3rd project I have placed order for generators last week , the supplier outside the country said prices will go up 1st April due to increase in copper prices etc, am sure i will buy transformer this month god willing

Delay is dangerous in Nigeria , add devaluation fears , inflation , port congestion , reduced importation , all causing scarcity and increased in prices . transfer is 497/8 to 1$ Now

It's good you had the foresight sir. It's not lack of funds that prevented some from stocking up but hope that prices would come down.
I think we have to start seeing reduction in the naira equivalent of dollars to start expecting reduction in prices of materials.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 8:47am On Apr 03, 2021
gbadexy:

It's good you had the foresight sir. It's not lack of funds that prevented some from stocking up but hope that prices would come down.
I think we have to start seeing reduction in the naira equivalent of dollars to start expecting reduction in prices of materials.

Even when this happen, don’t hope the price of materials will crash drastically.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:48am On Apr 03, 2021
twinskenny:

Good afternoon Engr,

It depend first on location and also client desire... some might prefer just outdoor cam why some will love to have some indoor cam as well...:

Basically for analog 4 channels and 8 channels we should be looking at 180 to 280 respectively

For IP cameras the cost will be 250 to 400k respectively..

All still depend on type of cameras and all

Nice meeting you yesterday and thanks for the cameras.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:51am On Apr 03, 2021
sonnie10:

And I was quietly following on NL, hoping that I will use him soon. Hope he would be affordable then.

To be realistic though, this level of performance will not come in affordable.

PS: by this I mean we should be ready to pony up.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:56am On Apr 03, 2021
rmx:

Once you have an overview of what happens locally and internationally you can predict most price increases . People must be proactive in times like this , if you have funds and have a future project , tie it down in materials obviously you can’t do this for all inputs

I sold at N485 this week.

My advice is for folks to tie money down into products and property. I immediately reinvest in lands as soon as I sell one.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:01am On Apr 03, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

You are absolutely correct, It isn't sir. They charge per sqm and use imported Italian stucco like plasters.
The term expensive too is relative to different people though.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 9:05am On Apr 03, 2021
rmx:

Kindly add at least one or 2 dump trucks sir.

One of my big bro have 5 dump trucks and he never had to worry about increase in price of building materials because he’s making huge savings on sand and aggregates.

____

The Dangote way grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 9:12am On Apr 03, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

The good thing is you only need this in a very small space (feature walls).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 9:15am On Apr 03, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I sold at N485 this week.

My advice is for folks to tie money down into products and property. I immediately reinvest in lands as soon as I sell one.

Absolutely, kwarect , using my skills and experience honed over 20 years as a manufacturer , Not one devaluation has caught me napping over the last 14 years,

Was that cash or transfer ?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 9:18am On Apr 03, 2021
BrabusNG:

Kindly add at least one or 2 dump trucks sir.

One of my big bro have 5 dump trucks and he never had to worry about increase in price of building materials because he’s making huge savings on sand and aggregates.

____

The Dangote way grin

I no be building contractor nah cheesy , make some other people chop too
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 9:19am On Apr 03, 2021
rmx:

I no be building contractor nah cheesy , make some other people chop too

grin grin

Fair enough.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:33am On Apr 03, 2021
Happy Easter to all Nairaland members and customers i wish you all happiness long life and prosperity.

Well here is a new arrival hard woode turk doors
Interested person can email me : osinachicolins20@gmail.com
Or contact No : 07087953771

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 9:34am On Apr 03, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
Happy Easter to all Nairaland members and customers i wish you all happiness long life and prosperity.

Well here is a new arrival hard woode turk doors
Interested person can email me : osinachicolins20@gmail.com
Or contact No : 07087953771

Nice! Ego le?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:39am On Apr 03, 2021
rmx:

Absolutely, kwarect , using my skills and experience honed over 20 years as a manufacturer , Not one devaluation has caught me napping over the last 14 years,

Was that cash or transfer ?

Transfer. I think cash may be less?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:40am On Apr 03, 2021
sunitex:
I will like someone with a good idea to help me out on how to build a low cost and strong one storeys building in Asaba, I have already secured a land and I have done surveyor but I have not gotten engineer with good structural design and secondly I would like the house to be for renting
Well, you are good to go. Share your survey plan with us at OAK Group. We could give one or two advice.
Whatsapp/call : +2348108408732
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:41am On Apr 03, 2021
BrabusNG:

The good thing is you only need this in a very small space (feature walls).

Absolutely.

Me I just want it in my man cave, AKA Iyara Itura grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 9:46am On Apr 03, 2021
sunitex:
I will like someone with a good idea to help me out on how to build a low cost and strong one storeys building in Asaba

I think we should really focus on how to achieve the bolded without compromising on quality/standards.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 9:59am On Apr 03, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Transfer. I think cash may be less?

Not bad at all , for the volumes I do can’t get at that price

Cash is 480/85

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:00am On Apr 03, 2021
BrabusNG:

I think we should really focus on how to achieve the bolded without compromising on quality/standards.

Many threads on this. Older but perhaps still relevant.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fonyeri(m): 10:24am On Apr 03, 2021
Check this Lady out on Instagram I think she can deliver. https://www.instagram.com/p/CC9kl4kFYzr/?igshid=h5ayhp9oqjn9
jabberjawz:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Twostep: 10:46am On Apr 03, 2021
Good morning house. Please I did my decking on the 3rd of February and had about 28 bags of cement left which was covered with nylon to prevent water/rain.

My question is how long can it be kept for before usage as it’s what I intend using to continue the upper floor but still gathering funds for that purpose.

Does it expire sort of and how much more time do I have ?

Thanks In anticipation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:52am On Apr 03, 2021
Twostep:
Good morning house. Please I did my decking on the 3rd of February and had about 28 bags of cement left which was covered with nylon to prevent water/rain.

My question is how long can it be kept for before usage as it’s what I intend using to continue the upper floor but still gathering funds for that purpose.

Does it expire sort of and how much more time do I have ?

Thanks In anticipation.
risky

A client lost like 200 bag last month... it hardened over time

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2089) (2090) (2091) (2092) (2093) (2094) (2095) ... (3667) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), gentlesoul83(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.