Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,430 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:06 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4400408 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 9:06am On Apr 07, 2021
uncleteeh:

Where's your project located?

Alagbado. Close to AIT
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:10am On Apr 07, 2021
Not only cement and iron that is affected.

See the message i received from cable manufacturer this morning.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:30am On Apr 07, 2021
michlins:
MTN is expensive here more than other countries is just evidence of failure on the part of policy makers and consumers protection services. And please petrol isn't cheaper here than in other oil producting countries. Before you do anything, compare the minimum wage of the country with the #30,000 the senators are working so hard to reduce and the governors are yet to start paying.

Having said that, the combined production capacity of the remaining four companies isn't on par with Dangote. He alone can decide what the price is. I won't drag this further with you.

Just remember that I am still making sure your home is protected while still beautiful

If you then believe it's the policy that's making some things expensive here, how then is it Dangote's fault?

Now you're talking about GNP and SOL, did you put that into consideration when expecting cement to sell at the same rate it's sold in Zambia?

Petrol is cheaper here compared to the countries I listed, you can prove me wrong though.

No, Dangote alone cant decide price for cement.
If Dangote could not decide the prices of (1) Spagethi (2) Salt (3) Sugar (Juice) et.c, he cant decide that of cement either.

Can you prove the bolded?

Let Bua, Lafarge, Eagle etc reduce price.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:32am On Apr 07, 2021
Maybe it's Dangote that is causing that too.

We like chasing symptoms while ignoring the disease.
topsy23:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:51am On Apr 07, 2021
michlins:

Just remember that I am still making sure your home is protected while still beautiful

I will call on you when it's time sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adanny01(m): 11:22am On Apr 07, 2021
somehow:

There are businesses closing shop everyday.
Michelin closed and left Nigeria

Alot of companies close shop anywhere in the world when business becomes unprofitable to them.

MTN is cheaper in other countries but expensive here, how come? have you taken out time to understand why?

Fuel is expensive in some oil producing countries than Nigeria (Saudi, libya, US e.tc), have you found out why?

I repeat again, why Dangote? we have more than 5 cement companies in Nigeria, why are the rest not producing to 'capacity"? why are these ones not dropping price if truly it's possible to produce at #1100 per bag?

Why are new companies coming up to produce at #1,100 per bag?

I don't do sentiment or emotion when it comes to business, any business ran under emotion will crash within months.
My first business crashed within 3 years due to the fact that I kept allowing emotions and sentiments influence the business.

Victim mentality is not what I subscribe to.

If Dangote is the reason why cement is expense, let the other 5 companies bring down their prices or are you saying Dangote is the one controlling them too?

Do you understand market share and how government must regulate every sector or privately owned business.

Dangote cement has about 30% market share of Nigerias cement. In the name of private business, he can't just drop it to 10 at will, which will upset market forces and even the economy.

He has a license and somewhere in the license, there are conditions and consequences.

If MTN decides today they had it with Nigeria, they can't turn off their network and fly out in the next available flight because it is a national asset.

If dangote decides unilaterally to drop 10% of his market share, it is seen as economic sabotage by the government.

The problem then is corruption in the government

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:23am On Apr 07, 2021
topsy23:

Wow, 12% increment at once. This is crazy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 11:50am On Apr 07, 2021
Thank you sir for the mention.

EgunMogaji2:

QSFemi

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 11:50am On Apr 07, 2021
topsy23:

Hmmm , not surprised at all , how many things can a man buy in advance grin

was going to skip copper wires this time around , will have a rethink , dejavu all over again
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:40pm On Apr 07, 2021
rmx:

Hmmm , not surprised at all , how many things can a man buy in advance grin

was going to skip copper wires this time around , will have a rethink , dejavu all over again

You can't skip copper wire boss. Aluminium is not the best option for conduit wiring.

You can use aluminium for bigger size of cable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 12:43pm On Apr 07, 2021
somehow:
Maybe it's Dangote that is causing that too.

We like chasing symptoms while ignoring the disease.

There is no price regulatory body in Nigeria.
Manufacturer increase price the way they like.
All what we are hearing is that raw materials is not available in the country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 12:48pm On Apr 07, 2021
topsy23:

You can't skip copper wire boss. Aluminium is not the best option for conduit wiring.

You can use aluminium for bigger size of cable

At all , Skip as in buying way in advance
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:22pm On Apr 07, 2021
rmx:

At all , Skip as in buying way in advance

Okay
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olukaygold(m): 1:33pm On Apr 07, 2021
michlins:
A client turned friend got these two pairs of safety boots and wanted to see if anyone wants the second pair. Kindly indicate if you do. The first is for me so the second is up for grabs.
What's the size sir?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 1:56pm On Apr 07, 2021
michlins:
A client turned friend got these two pairs of safety boots and wanted to see if anyone wants the second pair. Kindly indicate if you do. The first is for me so the second is up for grabs.
how much is that first one there sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 2:21pm On Apr 07, 2021
topsy23:

Which manufacturer do you deal with?
Is j & b a good brand?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by megacontrol(m): 2:26pm On Apr 07, 2021
Hi,

I thought I should let you know that we would be using this for the concrete mix as the first step of our multi-level protection.
Other plans remain as designed.

Take care

Gigaset:
We both are on the same page am looking for the best and professional solution, i saw some professional options online but am not sure if Nigeria engineers can handle it.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 2:48pm On Apr 07, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
how much is that first one there sir
It's not for sale. Like I said, they're both gifts and I have collected the first one
olukaygold:

What's the size sir?
bros I no even ask about sir. He's here reading the comments and I will ask him later

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 2:51pm On Apr 07, 2021
coldcandy:

Which manufacturer do you deal with?
Is j & b a good brand?

J&B is a good products too manufactured in Agbara Ogun state

Nigerchin
Kabelmetal
Coleman
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2021
topsy23:

There is no price regulatory body in Nigeria.
Manufacturer increase price the way they like.
All what we are hearing is that raw materials is not available in the country

Disease = No policy enforcement.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 3:08pm On Apr 07, 2021
somehow:

Disease = No policy enforcement.

That's just it boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2021
adanny01:

Do you understand market share and how government must regulate every sector or privately owned business.

Dangote cement has about 30% market share of Nigerias cement. In the name of private business, he can't just drop it to 10 at will, which will upset market forces and even the economy.

He has a license and somewhere in the license, there are conditions and consequences.

If MTN decides today they had it with Nigeria, they can't turn off their network and fly out in the next available flight because it is a national asset.

If dangote decides unilaterally to drop 10% of his market share, it is seen as economic sabotage by the government.

The problem then is corruption in the government

Where did you get it that Dangote actually dropped production?

If Dangote dropped production level and controls 30% market share, why can't the others controlling 70% market share fill the gap?

At least price has been going up for months now,
so enough time for the others to cash in except they are all in this together.

Because it's an opportunity for them to take over the demand-gap.

Isn't this why they are in business? To covet more market share to themselves?

Regulation is there but you can't force a business into producing more quantity if they are unwilling for internal reasons.

There are companies that have closed shop and left the market, but then I have not read anywhere that Dangote cut production just to create supply scarcity even though this should be good news to over 14 competitors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 3:45pm On Apr 07, 2021
michlins:
A client turned friend got these two pairs of safety boots and wanted to see if anyone wants the second pair. Kindly indicate if you do. The first is for me so the second is up for grabs.l

Michilins
! I don't Mind ooo! I'd like to take the second one.

cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:47pm On Apr 07, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Michilins
! I don't Mind ooo! I'd like to take the second one.

cool
Ok it's yours. I will let you know when it's in Nigeria and discuss how to get it to your location

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 3:59pm On Apr 07, 2021
michlins:
Ok it's yours. I will let you know when it's in Nigeria and discuss how to get it to your location

Okay, Thanks in Anticipation .....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 6:36pm On Apr 07, 2021
Thanx very large.
I got this quote for the j&b. Is it a good one?
1.5mm 9500
2.5mm 15,500
4 mm 24,000
6mm 38,000
16mm 90,000

topsy23:

J&B is a good products too manufactured in Agbara Ogun state

Nigerchin
Kabelmetal
Coleman

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2021
coldcandy:
Thanx very large.
1.5mm 9500
2.5mm 15,500
4 mm 24,000
6mm 38,000
16mm 90,000

Where is your location?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 7:01pm On Apr 07, 2021
I pray our government can be doing like this too but selfishness and greediness is in their blood. If it were to be someone somewhere now, he would have save it for his/her unborn baby grin. God bless you man
michlins:
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:19pm On Apr 07, 2021
Abolarin91:
I pray our government can be doing like this too but selfishness and greediness is in their blood. If it were to be someone somewhere now, he would have save it for his/her unborn baby grin. God bless you man
I can only wear a pair at a time. Someone here who I haven't met helped me helplessly without asking for anything in return when I was down.

So yes, aside from my "premium welding services", this is my way of giving back. No be me get shoe sef. The person say make I take one give another Nairalander one join

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GoodFaith: 7:26pm On Apr 07, 2021
coldcandy:
Thanx very large.
1.5mm 9500
2.5mm 15,500
4 mm 24,000
6mm 38,000
16mm 90,000

within last 5 days
Coleman

1.5mm 9000
2.5mm 15,000
4 mm 19,00
10mm 60,000
2.5mm three color 800 per yard

Alaba Int Market ojo Lagos
The price might be a little less because when i buy stuff
he give me total eg 380k and I will say 365k

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kobocity: 7:51pm On Apr 07, 2021

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) (2104) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Itzkingtimmy(m), inze(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.