Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2099) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4368154 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2096) (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 3:59pm On Apr 06, 2021
topsy23:

What is happening again ? from 3000 to 4500.
I tire oooo. Very tired. Can't the concerned bodies move a motion for nationwide protest? I think action is needed. My thought.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 4:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
Dahprech:
Good afternoon house
Please, I would like to know which is cheaper: to roof a house or to deck. Thank you
Well, decking is costly.
Usage of steel, wood and iron sheets too could be costly depending on the specific roof design.
Note: decking too is a type of roof.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by davodyguy: 4:04pm On Apr 06, 2021
yungmin:
Please, for those that have registered companies, how did you all apply for EFCC's SCUML? The thing is driving me crazy. They just keep rejecting my application for one flimsy reason or the other. Please, share tips! is there a "Nigerian" factor to it?

I have been on mine since 2018.

A chap at EFCC said if I can give him N200k, he would do it 'free'

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 4:10pm On Apr 06, 2021
davodyguy:

grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:31pm On Apr 06, 2021
uncleteeh:

I tire oooo. Very tired.
Can't the concerned bodies move a motion for nationwide protest?
I think action is needed.
My thought.

The problem we have in this country is that there is no competition at all. Dangote and Lafarge that's the only two products available that people are demanding for in the market. Also Lafarge is theproduct of Dangote. So what are we talking about?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sconp: 4:35pm On Apr 06, 2021
yungmin:

Like seriously! They make you apply online only to just keep getting reject messages. I even went to their office here in Abuja but they acted like I can only apply online.
Did they state reasons for the denial? You might have to visit their office and make them understand that this is important to you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2021
Dahprech:
Good afternoon house
Please, I would like to know which is cheaper: to roof a house or to deck. Thank you

Are you comparing timber roof to concrete roof. If yes, then timber is cheaper than the reinforced concrete roof.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Yes Sir.

I mean we gave rats in the USA too and they don’t eat our wires.

Get Ya.

In the UK, we chisel a groove (channel) into the wall and line up the wiring in the groove. But at the end of the day, the groove is covered by a PVC or metal stripe and then plastered which is close to the Nigerian way of pipping the wire. To be honest, I prefer the Nigerian way. It is neater and the cost differential may not be that much because you do not need clippings to clip the wire to the wall. I think the Nigerian way delivers a better outcome.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yungmin: 5:08pm On Apr 06, 2021
davodyguy:

are you serious? 200K? How much for the company registration itself? smh
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yungmin: 5:11pm On Apr 06, 2021
sconp:

Did they state reasons for the denial? You might have to visit their office and make them understand that this is important to you.

I have submitted up to 5 times. They keep giving me different reasons. The last one they said the documents were not legible even when it is the same document I submitted the last time where they stated I needed additional company profile. This country cannot just be corrupt in all areas, haba!

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 5:15pm On Apr 06, 2021
diordaves:

Get Ya.

In the UK, we chisel a groove (channel) into the wall and line up the wiring in the groove. But at the end of the day, the groove is covered by a PVC or metal stripe and then plastered which is close to the Nigerian way of pipping the wire. To be honest, I prefer the Nigerian way. It is neater and the cost differential may not be that much because you do not need clippings to clip the wire to the wall. I think the Nigerian way delivers a better outcome.

Running your cables in the pipe is the best practice to me because you easily pull them out in case of burnt or problem .. Running your cable in the wall without protection is very dangerous, cement is a chemical and easily damage the cable. Also, remember that the wiring cables i.e single core cables have single insulation that need to be protected
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 5:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
yungmin:

I have submitted up to 5 times. They keep giving me different reasons. The last one they said the documents were not legible even when it is the same document I submitted the last time where they stated I needed additional company profile. This country cannot just be corrupt in all areas, haba!
Bro take your documents walk in to their office in ikoyi if you’re in Lagos, don’t do it through your bank. I have similar problem years back. I try doing it in Abuja after my company registration with help of my brother lawyer walk in CAC office then in Abuja while the company is in Lagos. The refer me to EFCC ikoyi office after several attempts from my bank, it’s takes few hours same day without any brown envelope.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 5:44pm On Apr 06, 2021
topsy23:

Running your cables in the pipe is the best practice to me because you easily pull them out in case of burnt or problem .. Running your cable in the wall without protection is very dangerous, cement is a chemical and easily damage the cable. Also, remember that the wiring cables i.e single core cables have single insulation that need to be protected

I'm with you on this. I think the Nigerian method delivers a better outcome.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:27pm On Apr 06, 2021
davodyguy:

I used a NairaLander and I’ve been operating for about five years.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:28pm On Apr 06, 2021
topsy23:

The problem we have in this country is that there is no competition at all. Dangote and Lafarge that's the only two products available that people are demanding for in the market. Also Lafarge is theproduct of Dangote. So what are we talking about?

BUA?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:30pm On Apr 06, 2021
topsy23:

We actually staple our wires to the wood � n the USA and in 33 years I’ve never had to repair a wire.

Are we making up for lack of proper planning and oversight?

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Marinad: 6:31pm On Apr 06, 2021
Building construction is a complex and lengthy process. I have been building my own house recently and have a lot of experience in this area. in many cases it is worth using the services of professionals and not saving money. I used the services of a professional company in peoria https://peoriaswimmingpoolcontractor.site/ to install the swimming pool. they made all my wishes come true
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 6:31pm On Apr 06, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

BUA?

Oga mi you are right people don't really use BUA cement like Dangote and Lafarge in Lagos

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:34pm On Apr 06, 2021
topsy23:

Oga mi you are right people don't really use BUA cement like Dangote and Lafarge in Lagos
Bua is the cement of choice at this part of Nigeria. Dangote is second choice. I haven't seen lafarge like that

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 7:20pm On Apr 06, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Yes Sir.

I mean we gave rats in the USA too and they don’t eat our wires.
The rats there are well fed sir cheesy.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:25pm On Apr 06, 2021
gbadexy:

Awon Agba Eku.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2021
gbadexy:

lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:29pm On Apr 06, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:37pm On Apr 06, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folmus: 7:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I used a NairaLander and I’ve been operating for about five years.

Baba, do you mind dropping his ID?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:42pm On Apr 06, 2021
twinskenny:
https://www.nairaland.com/6486951/dangote-selling-cement-1150-naira
bro I saw it and rushed here to shout.

Dangote is deliberately wicked

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Drdapen(m): 7:54pm On Apr 06, 2021
I have Read a lot of pages from this thread! And Am really impressed!

Although some people here are hasty to criticize

Great Work guys! Well done.

@Brabus/ @n3xt / BrabusNG : I enjoy most of your explanations. you intrigue me. You are just innovative. Kudos
I believe you've learnt a lot from your past Mistakes, You are a Better Version Now! Well done

@Mmotimoh : let Bygones be Bygones : Please just Forgive him. I understand that he probably Annoyed you somehow.

@Michilins wink The IronBender well done.

@Spyder880 : Great Builder . Nice work.

@Rotech77: I see you

@Bixton I hail you

@Diordaves: The Contributor cheesy

@hamtabfawaz . Nice work , Love your works on Aesthetics. Can you Share me samples of your POP Design.

@Twinskenny: The Eagle Eye! Hope your cameras are affordable. There is a particular one you posted that uses Tab ! Love it

@Topsy : Wire Wire. wink. Love your Professionalism .

@Gbadexy : Do you Produce Paints ?

Well done.

Y'all are doing well.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chemgee: 8:03pm On Apr 06, 2021
Good day house...

I want to know the estimated cost you of constructing a 4units of a 2 bedroom flats (2 up and 2 down).

I'm helping my dad plan meticulously so as to avoid starting what we cannot finsh.

Thanks Y'all.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Amastermovic(m): 8:51pm On Apr 06, 2021
michlins:
Bua is the cement of choice at this part of Nigeria. Dangote is second choice. I haven't seen lafarge like that

Lafarge is the king of Ready Mix concrete And choice of most project on the island (lagos) particularly works goes smooth and faster due to most tower project in lagos cheap when u factor time value of money and quality of concrete produce under site control..

There wahala is they may treaten to discharge ur concrete for challenges on ur site due to accessibility or unforseen circumstances

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:26pm On Apr 06, 2021
Amastermovic:

Lafarge is the king of Ready Mix concrete And choice of most project on the island (lagos) particularly works goes smooth and faster due to most tower project in lagos cheap when u factor time value of money and quality of concrete produce under site control..

There wahala is they may treaten to discharge ur concrete for challenges on ur site due to accessibility or unforseen circumstances
Wow
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 9:50pm On Apr 06, 2021
michlins:
bro I saw it and rushed here to shout.

Dangote is deliberately wicked

Is Dangote cement the only one in Nigeria?

The comparison on that thread makes no sense to me and I can't afford to waste time trying to correct the numerous errors on that thread.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2096) (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sonnie10, diordaves(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.