Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4401415 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:59pm On Apr 06, 2021
folmus:

Baba, do you mind dropping his ID?

Of course, let me figure out his ID. I'll also ask him if I can pass his number to you.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:00pm On Apr 06, 2021
chemgee:
Good day house...

I want to know the estimated cost you of constructing a 4units of a 2 bedroom flats (2 up and 2 down).

I'm helping my dad plan meticulously so as to avoid starting what we cannot finsh.

Thanks Y'all.

QSFemi

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:05pm On Apr 06, 2021
Dahprech:
Good afternoon house
Please, I would like to know which is cheaper: to roof a house or to deck. Thank you
With skyrocketing price of iron and cement in last few weeks. I will advise you to go for roofing little cheaper right now in my opinion, others can tip in their opinion as well.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 10:24pm On Apr 06, 2021
somehow:

Is Dangote cement the only one in Nigeria?

The comparison on that thread makes no sense to me and I can't afford to waste time trying to correct the numerous errors on that thread.
Dangote is the major player. He alone can decide to crash the price of cement tomorrow. He can also decide to increase the price by reducing the production capacity

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 3strikes: 10:50pm On Apr 06, 2021
n3xt:

One thing I’ve observed is a lot of us like playing the victim and people organizing pity party for us.

Just read all that happened there and you’d know the truth.

We were asked to build. I did the build but along the line (at foundation stage), the owner said “f*ck” the contract agreement. Things will happen his way.

The project is not a do or die affair. I decided to step aside as I’m not really interested in the new arrangement.

Then series of allegation came.

Brabus was stealing with his truck and I’m like can you steal materials from a project you’re handling took materials and labour. If materials wasn’t enough, it’s not the clients business na grin

Then fake approval grin grin done by a LASG official.

Read the thread, you’d see where brabus was praised for the way he handled the LASBCA officials when they visited the site. You’ll also read where brabus sold fake approval to the complainant.

What you won’t read is that the client discovered a major issue with his land hence the reason he said the approval is fake.
You won’t also read that the man who did approval for the complainant also did for his dad at the same time in different location.

There’s nothing I didn’t do to make sure the complainant follow me to LASG office in Ikota which is just 5 minutes to his residence so that we can go and fight dirty with the officer who gave us fake approval.

Brabus has to pay for the approvals because he walked away from a contract that was breached by the client and the whole world must know brabus gave fake approval grin grin

You won’t read the stories of private investigators who went to check the structural integrity of the building and other nairalanders who worked on the project after brabus and their terrible experience.
The structural guy is Opalu. Try reach out to him and find out more.

I have those part of the story though to share when the time is set.

Follow the thread and read until everything scatter.

Brabus was meant to be at an International Conference in Malaysia for 2 weeks and I took permission to be off the project “lobatan”

Just go over the thread and let me know if there’s anything serious you can hold on to as Brabus offence.

I have the evidence to proof this and it’s in the page if you read with open mind.

My friend kaflex who sold the land to my Oga and sapphireview (one of the finest naija architects) who draw the building can tell the type of person their client is and who’s brabus.

@kaflex I still have recording of our discussion o grin grin

@sapphireview you still have my book on hotel designs o.

My Oga whom I helped sort out omo onile issue now started posting the picture of myself and my junior bros who’s a police officer as if I was arrested while trying to solve omo onile issue at his site.

It’s well!

Despite all, the project was still delivered on schedule without extra kobo.

______

It’s bed time. I’m preparing for a concrete pour on Saturday. Tomorrow we intend to do the final checks.

Mention me, I’ll attend to your request at your convenience.

Honestly, I really don't have time these days for all these banters but because of all the mentions, I would like to say the following:

If any of you believe any of his responses to all these accusations...Well, we go dey here to read about your saga too, that's if you will be bold enough to post it like others.

If you ever doubt any of all these accusations, ask yourselves....How come we haven't had any accusations against other builders here on Nairaland or is Brabus/N3xt the only builder on this platform?

Folks, The phrase "a leopard never changes its spots" means that it's impossible for one to change their character , even if they will try very hard.

Again, give Bosun Shoyeye Aka Brabus / N3xt your project at your own risk.

You can ping me personally before you give any of your projects to Brabus aka N3xt.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/estate-agent-docked-alleged-n5m-fraud/

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 10:52pm On Apr 06, 2021
gbadexy:
I thought some people said the price of cement has started to come down.
The importers are behind the present increase in price and they are cashing out at the expense of the people.
I don't understand why cement should be more than N2000 or not lesser though seeing as the clay limestone and even gypsum needed is gotten from the ground at no cost.
I watched the launching of the cement plant in ogun state several years ago and they said they couldn't exhaust the limestone there in the next 50 years. The clay they use is also dug on the land and they just use excavator and trucks to transfer them via a conveyor to the heating kiln where they are heated and ground together with addition of little additives like the gypsum to control setting.
I watched the documentary and I've often wondered why the product couldn't be much cheaper given the huge volume sold as compared to the overhead cost.

What if we are paying for devaluation of the naira?
Cement boss lost a chunk of his wealth in dollar terms. He needs more naira to remain there compared to before. Cement markup price is the way to go.

Na layman I be, no take my theory as fact.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:58pm On Apr 06, 2021
michlins:
bro I saw it and rushed here to shout.

Dangote is deliberately wicked

Dangote is NOT wicked not less deliberately. If the story is true, it is economics at play. The cost of production in Zambia may be cheaper as a result of:

# Lesser level of official corruption.

# Better power supply.

# Lower personnel cost.

# Lower level of ethnic nationality restlessness and local mafia (omo ni le).

# Better road network and superior logistics outlay.

# Lower corporate taxation.

# Higher national efficiency and higher productivity of Zambian workers.

It is not only cement. MTN and DSTV are cheaper in South Africa than in Nigeria.

Refined petrol is cheaper in Holland than in Nigeria. So we export crude oil to Holland and then subsidize the importation of petrol back to Nigeria.

If the story is true, we should now import cement from Zambia. In economics it is called comparative advantage.

Nigeria no make sense.

Those who have access to power and in a position of decision making, no make sense.

The voting public no make sense.

Dangote wicked? No! It is the leaders that are wicked.

The leaders have deliberately battered and pounded the hapless citizens to submission with poor pay, deliberately delay for months payment of salaries, poor road network, poor power supply, poor national security and personal insecurities, massive youth unemployment, no water resources and management, no landlines, no broadband that life in Nigeria is nasty, brutish and short.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:09pm On Apr 06, 2021
michlins:
Dangote is the major player. He alone can decide to crash the price of cement tomorrow. He can also decide to increase the price by reducing the production capacity

He can't decide to crash price, market forces will do that. he's not plucking the cement from a tree, we have more than 5 different cements out there, let them patronize others.

How can they compare price of the same product in 2 different countries as if cost of production and other aspects of production is constant on both end.

Secondly, how much does the cement cost from his factory compared to what resellers sell it?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 11:18pm On Apr 06, 2021
diordaves:

Dangote is NOT wicked not less deliberately. If the story is true, it is economics at play. The cost of production in Zambia may be cheaper as a result of:

You're on point. Businesses in Nigeria go through hell - from sorting local, state and FG taxes to local community, from generating its power to providing its security.

However, the recent increase in price of cement doesn't appear to have any logical explanation. The last one was placed at the doorstep of #endsars protest.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MMotimo: 11:22pm On Apr 06, 2021
BrabusNG:

The same thing applies to my formwork rental service and block production line.
The aim is to keep the project going in time like this.

Just think about it “How am I still selling blocks N200 despite the increase in the cost of cement and sand.” I already foresee a time like this and invested heavily into that line.

That’s long term planning.

Sooooo much fluff in this post, it just goes to show you don’t have to be brilliant to separate people from their money. I’ll just highlight this part alone. Anyone who believes brabus / n3xt / brabusng / kobocity / nexthome can sell blocks below market price because of “long term planning “ is just a step away from being a victim of fraud.

So, he was tying down money he does not have, stocking up on cement months ago so that he would be able to sell below market price now? Is he Father Christmas? Tied down capital so he could make same money as before in the future? No future value considerations? How does that even make sense?

Let’s even assume he stocked up like he’s saying, so out of the benevolence of his heart, instead of capitalizing to sell for a higher profit (based on his lower cost); he is selling lower? The same brabus / n3xt/ brabusng / kobocity with a multitude of victims right here on this property section is giving money away for free? The same money he loves so much that he ruined his own brand here before this ongoing resurrection attempt?

If he’s selling below market price, I would be very, very sceptical about the quality of those blocks; that’s assuming this “block production line “ actually exists and belongs to him. After all, anyone can build a Nexthome signboard and place it anywhere they like and take photos to lay claim. All na packaging and that is the first rule of yahoo yahoo. The chateau at Ile - Oluji comes to mind, taking credit for a part of the project that was not done by him.

Fabu unlimited, always has a tortoise story ready to go.
If you say you saw dinosaur fossils, he will tell you how he captured a live dinosaur in 2021. Some people cannot stop lying, it comes naturally like breathing smh!

10 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:28pm On Apr 06, 2021
somehow:

He can't decide to crash price, market forces will do that. he's not plucking the cement from a tree, we have more than 5 different cements out there, let them patronize others.

How can they compare price of the same product in 2 different countries as if cost of production and other aspects of production is constant on both end.

Secondly, how much does the cement cost from his factory compared to what resellers sell it?
if Dangote produces today and full capacity, prices will crash. This price increase is demand induced. The people wanting cement are higher than production capacity

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Drdapen(m): 11:49pm On Apr 06, 2021
MMotimo:

Sooooo much fluff in this post, it just goes to show you don’t have to be brilliant to separate people from their money. I’ll just highlight this part alone. Anyone who believes brabus / n3xt / brabusng can sell below market price because of “long term planning “ is just a step away from being a victim of fraud.

So, he was tying down money he does not have, stocking up on cement months ago so that he would be able to sell below market price now? Is he Father Christmas? Tied down capital so he could make same money as before in the future? No future value considerations? How does that even make sense?

Let’s even assume he stocked up like he’s saying, so out of the benevolence of his heart, instead of capitalizing to sell for a higher profit (based on his lower cost); he is selling lower? The same brabus / n3xt/ brabusng with a multitude of victims right here on this property section is giving money away for free? The same money he loves so much that he ruined his own brand here before this ongoing resurrection attempt?

If he’s selling below market price, I would be very, very sceptical about the quality of those blocks; that’s assuming this “block production line “ actually exists and belongs to him. After all, anyone can build a Nexthome signboard and place it anywhere they like and take photos to lay claim. All na packaging and that is the first rule of yahoo yahoo. The chateau at Ile - Oluji comes to mind, taking credit for a part of the project that was not done by him.

Fabu unlimited, always has a tortoise story ready to go.
If you say you saw dinosaur fossils, he will tell you how he captured a live dinosaur in 2021. Some people cannot stop lying, it comes naturally like breathing smh!

Please just let go! Please Forgive.

I believe you're a Matured....

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emmyN(m): 12:23am On Apr 07, 2021
MMotimo:

Sooooo much fluff in this post, it just goes to show you don’t have to be brilliant to separate people from their money. I’ll just highlight this part alone. Anyone who believes brabus / n3xt / brabusng can sell below market price because of “long term planning “ is just a step away from being a victim of fraud...

Can you please STFU?

Thanks.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 2:51am On Apr 07, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by NextHome grin grin

- Project resumed
- Column shutters strucked out
- Production of sandcrete block for the upper level ongoing

We aren’t complaining about Nigeria or the cost of materials grin grin cos materials full ground.

Let’s do it!

______

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 3:00am On Apr 07, 2021
diordaves:

# Better power supply.

# Lower personnel cost.

# Lower level of ethnic nationality restlessness and local mafia (omo ni le).

# Better road network and superior logistics outlay.

# Lower corporate taxation.

# Higher national efficiency and higher productivity of Zambian workers.

It is not only cement. MTN and DSTV are cheaper in South Africa than in Nigeria.

Refined petrol is cheaper in Holland than in Nigeria. So we export crude oil to Holland and then subsidize the importation of petrol back to Nigeria.

If the story is true, we should now import cement from Zambia. In economics it is called comparative advantage.

Nigeria no make sense.

Those who have access to power and in a position of decision making, no make sense.

The voting public no make sense.

Dangote wicked? No! It is the leaders that are wicked.

The leaders have deliberately battered and pounded the hapless citizens to submission with poor pay, deliberately delay for months payment of salaries, poor road network, poor power supply, poor national security and personal insecurities, massive youth unemployment, no water resources and management, no landlines, no broadband that life in Nigeria is nasty, brutish and short.

Is Dangote also the producer of Iron rods? Aluminum profiles? Nails? and all other building materials that the prices have skyrocketed in the past week?

Is Dangote the man who’s all bent to destroy a builder who built a 3 floor building for him with just N12m pere grin? And the house not collapsed after 6 years?

We are our own worst enemies.

Our heart is just full of evil.

_______

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrabusNG: 3:09am On Apr 07, 2021
MMotimo:

Let’s even assume he stocked up like he’s saying, so out of the benevolence of his heart, instead of capitalizing to sell for a higher profit (based on his lower cost); he is selling lower? The same brabus / n3xt/ brabusng with a multitude of victims right here on this property section is giving money away for free? The same money he loves so much that he ruined his own brand here before this ongoing resurrection attempt?

Smiles.

Let me educate you here. This is what I do for your likes and the poster above you grin

If nothing else, just think about the cost of transportation that was eliminated from the production cost. Isn’t that some good savings? grin

I won’t be able to show you how to crunch the numbers because it’s clear you are just not smart despite living in diaspora for donkey years.

_____

I once asked here “Are you this dumb or only when I’m around?”

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BuildingProject: 3:26am On Apr 07, 2021
Please I still need help on this

Please do we have people that can do a perfect roofing woodwork here. And the the is 60sqm and my bàbà Láti said I go need all this woods.

Can someone help me to cost this items and less I forgot. He didn't tell me the height of the king post oh. He just said I should go and bring the whole sawmill to him.

2by6= 100
3by4= 70
2by4= 300
2by3=580
2by2= 300
5 Inch nail half bag .
3 Inch nail half bag.
4Inch nail3bag.
2 and half Inch nail 2bag.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:06am On Apr 07, 2021
BuildingProject:

Please do we have people that can do a perfect roofing woodwork here.

In my opinion it’s in the supervision and selection of materials.

So you’ll end up hiring a 3rd party who will hire baba lati ultimately.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 5:28am On Apr 07, 2021
michlins:
Bua is the cement of choice at this part of Nigeria. Dangote is second choice. I haven't seen lafarge like that

In Enugu, the preference is in this order.

1. Lafarge's Supaset
2. BUA
3. Lafarge's Unicem
4. Dangote

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:17am On Apr 07, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 6:33am On Apr 07, 2021
Is Solar Panels way better than using Generator??

I neee your input on this please
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kobocity: 6:43am On Apr 07, 2021
The smart builders’ way.

Videos on https://www.kobocity.com/d/135-projects-by-nexthome-designbuild/20

How else would you have sandfilled a 820sqm building with less than N100k in a day?

Build Smart.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:07am On Apr 07, 2021
michlins:
if Dangote produces today and full capacity, prices will crash. This price increase is demand induced. The people wanting cement are higher than production capacity

If Dangote refuses to produce at full capacity, is he also stopping the others from doing the same or stopping new guys from coming in to do the same?

He's a private business man and can decide to even close shop today.

It's an open market, I just don't get why people want to decide what someone should do with his money or company.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:13am On Apr 07, 2021
somehow:

If Dangote refuses to produce at full capacity, is he also stopping the others from doing the same or stopping new guys from coming in to do the same?

He's a private business man and can decide to even close shop today.

It's an open market, I just don't get why people want to decide what someone should do with his money or company.

WOW

If only the EU thought like that, they won't open anti competitive litigation against Apple and Alphabet. Being a market leader comes with responsibility that ensures you don't abuse your position and milk the economy.

Some people said that the problem of Nigeria is not really the leadership but also the followers. We don't know when we have been beaten down and imagine when a person with your mindset gets power, it will be "animal kingdom" situation where dog will eat dog

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 7:14am On Apr 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:
Is Solar Panels way better than using Generator??

I neee your input on this please

Yes better than running . The initial cost might be heavy but you save alot in Future

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:17am On Apr 07, 2021
BuildingProject:

Please do we have people that can do a perfect roofing woodwork here. And the the is 60sqm and my bàbà Láti said I go need all this woods.

Can someone help me to cost this items and less I forgot. He didn't tell me the height of the king post oh. He just said I should go and bring the whole sawmill to him.

2by6= 100
3by4= 70
2by4= 300
2by3=580
2by2= 300
5 Inch nail half bag .
3 Inch nail half bag.
4Inch nail3bag.
2 and half Inch nail 2bag.
Where's your project located?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:00am On Apr 07, 2021
A client turned friend got these two pairs of safety boots and wanted to see if anyone wants the second pair. Kindly indicate if you do. The first is for me so the second is up for grabs.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 8:24am On Apr 07, 2021
topsy23:

Yes better than running . The initial cost might be heavy but you save alot in Future
Thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:55am On Apr 07, 2021
michlins:
WOW

If only the EU thought like that, they won't open anti competitive litigation against Apple and Alphabet. Being a market leader comes with responsibility that ensures you don't abuse your position and milk the economy.

Some people said that the problem of Nigeria is not really the leadership but also the followers. We don't know when we have been beaten down and imagine when a person with your mindset gets power, it will be "animal kingdom" situation where dog will eat dog

There are businesses closing shop everyday.
Michelin closed and left Nigeria

Alot of companies close shop anywhere in the world when business becomes unprofitable to them.

MTN is cheaper in other countries but expensive here, how come? have you taken out time to understand why?

Fuel is expensive in some oil producing countries than Nigeria (Saudi, libya, US e.tc), have you found out why?

I repeat again, why Dangote? we have more than 5 cement companies in Nigeria, why are the rest not producing to 'capacity"? why are these ones not dropping price if truly it's possible to produce at #1100 per bag?

Why are new companies coming up to produce at #1,100 per bag?

I don't do sentiment or emotion when it comes to business, any business ran under emotion will crash within months.
My first business crashed within 3 years due to the fact that I kept allowing emotions and sentiments influence the business.

Victim mentality is not what I subscribe to.

If Dangote is the reason why cement is expense, let the other 5 companies bring down their prices or are you saying Dangote is the one controlling them too?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:02am On Apr 07, 2021
somehow:

There are businesses closing shop everyday.
Michelin closed and left Nigeria

Alot of companies close shop anywhere in the world when business becomes unprofitable to them.

MTN is cheaper in other countries but expensive here, how come? have you taken out time to understand why?

Fuel is expensive in some oil producing countries than Nigeria (Saudi, libya, US e.tc), have you found out why?

I repeat again, why Dangote? we have more than 5 cement companies in Nigeria, why are the rest not producing to 'capacity"? why are these ones not dropping price if truly it's possible to produce at #1100 per bag?

Why are new companies coming up to produce at #1,100 per bag?

I don't do sentiment or emotion when it comes to business, any business ran under emotion will crash within months.

Victim mentality is not what I subscribe to.

If Dangote is the reason why cement is expense, let the other 5 companies bring down their prices or are you saying Dangote is the one controlling them too?
MTN is expensive here more than other countries is just evidence of failure on the part of policy makers and consumers protection services. And please petrol isn't cheaper here than in other oil producting countries. Before you do anything, compare the minimum wage of the country with the #30,000 the senators are working so hard to reduce and the governors are yet to start paying.

Having said that, the combined production capacity of the remaining four companies isn't on par with Dangote. He alone can decide what the price is. I won't drag this further with you.

Just remember that I am still making sure your home is protected while still beautiful

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2097) (2098) (2099) (2100) (2101) (2102) (2103) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.