Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,598 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:50 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4400555 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2204) (2205) (2206) (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:36pm On May 18, 2021

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:37pm On May 18, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 10:40pm On May 18, 2021
https://youtube.com/shorts/U89qmNV-g7w?feature=share. See how we turn this house in to a paradise, action speak louder than voice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:41pm On May 18, 2021
bixton:

You did not factor the 4 No's of 2 bedroom into your estimate..........

True. That was for the duplex.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 11:10pm On May 18, 2021
amosblisz:

Nogging actually
you can fix it since it will be tied to the nogging
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:39pm On May 18, 2021
Jasobry:

All my doors are locally made..right here in Enugu. Infact the handle sef no fit carry the door. Thats why i asked for that one from Lagos. The door maker is South African trained. Even the former governor of the state patronise him sef. While some door sellers display his doors and sell as foreign
Can you show us his jobs. Many people like me love to patronize locals to create jobs to support our people and economy.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:05am On May 19, 2021
From Mushin, Lagos with love.

#shikinimoney #sturdy #solid #kobokobo

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:06am On May 19, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:23am On May 19, 2021
XL6 Trillion | Atrium House by NextHome

The majestic facade of grandeur.

What I love about this build is the creative use of a small plot to achieve a grand opulence with impressive amenities.

~ Bosun Davies, Concept Designer, XL6 Trillion | Atrium House.

#nexthome #atriumhouse #cubism #contemporary #modern

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:28am On May 19, 2021
Show us what you can do with a 300sqm plot.

#XX8Trillion

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:35am On May 19, 2021
In the meantime, we’re not yet done.

Massive build with lots of amenities and ample space for ancillary buildings and parking on small plot.

I love MyNextHome.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:04am On May 19, 2021
>>> Upcoming

Shógúnlè by NextHome

For the anti-contemporary geng, contemporary designs are bland and boring because there are just too many deconstructs - no high pitched roofs, heavy window hood designs, monolithic pillars, concrete fascia...

For these class of people, the true meaning of the word “contemporary” is hard to pin down because it’s always evolving to fit a modern context where less is the new more. cool

Contemporary homes are becoming more popular today because they’ve broken the traditions when it comes to changing architectural styles.

The future started yesterday and we are already late. As a designer, our focus should be about getting the next decade right.

- Bosun Davies, NextHome Design+Build

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:41am On May 19, 2021
Picstory: How architecture has evolved over the year.

This is a short story of how errors, lack of originality and the craving for more has led us to where we are today.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:53am On May 19, 2021
Today, less is definitely more when it comes to decorating a modern home.

The question the non-conformists ask themselves is “why should we hide all the amazing architectural details of the design by adorning it with a lot of extra ornamentation?”

A good design is meant to speak for itself, making her own statement through her structure and functionality.

- Bosun Davies, NextHome

_______

Case Study | Late Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s House, Oke Bola, Ibadan.

The only maintenance being done on the over 4 decade old mono-pitch roofed house is repainting of the building. cool

I guess the man saw the future when his contemporaries were busy putting sculptures and extra ornamentations on their build.

grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 3:07am On May 19, 2021
n3xt:
Picstory: How architecture has evolved over the year.

This is a short story of how errors, lack of originality and the craving for more has led us to where we are today.
Life sha, those days rich man mansion. Some of our parent mansion. Vanity upon vanity, above all 6ft below ground one day.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:17am On May 19, 2021
kopell:
Life sha, those days rich man mansion. Some of our parent mansion. Vanity upon vanity, above all 6ft below grand one day.

When we keep it simple, it’ll transcend age and time and we will have good legacies to leave for our unborn generations.

Who is that man who buy a new car and start putting different signs and inscriptions on it just to make it beautiful if not a money-miss road or an agbero?
That’s exactly the way most people build houses these days - putting form over functionality.

Keep it simple. E get why!

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:32am On May 19, 2021
>>> cooking

A suite that tick all the boxes.

Plot size: 250sqm cool

#nexthome #contemporary living

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aimolatunde1(m): 3:34am On May 19, 2021
Focusmind:

Very correct. I wanted to ask the difference between a Welder and an Iron bender. My Structural Engineer goofed big time when I was building as I wasn't around when the building started up to decking level.

It was when we were about to do the decking that I called a seasoned iron bender, with a lot of construction experiences under his belt, to do the iron works for me. On getting to my site, because of some structural defects he saw, he advised places that we needed to put hidden beams, open beams and other reinforcement amendments to support the integrity of the building in certain places of the decking that were not in the structural plan as the building is a lengthy one.

My "COREN" registered structural Engineer agreed with him completely. That was how the building was saved. Since then, I had relied on the iron bender for certain things pertaining to the building.

Engineering is based on three basic pillars; study, experience and practice. By experience, craftsmen such as masons, carpenters and steel fixers have become very good in their crafts. A project manager should know how to find a synergy between the design of the consultant and craftsman advice in order to derive the optimum quality of work.
The existence of unqualified engineers with COREN registration is not far-fetched, this is Nigeria (y’know). Also, COREN registration number does not distinguish between the mechanical engineer and the electrical engineer. In the same vein, your structural engineer might have been certified as a construction engineer and not a structural engineer (you wouldn’t know that).
Another thing is that you Engineer might have agreed to the advices of your iron bender because it wouldn’t have I’ll effect on your building. Structural engineers design using limit state philosophy. See it as the least requirements for a safe structure (more does not hurt).
Quick question: for how much did you commission your “COREN” structural Engineer.
Free advice: do not depend on steel fixers (iron benders) for your structural advice. No matter how good a craftsman is, they can only pass for the grade of a technician. They would not understand the working principles of your structural elements. You just read of the case of one advising his client to buy 8” rods instead of 10”.
You can as well read this:
https://www*mubaarakabdulhameed*wordpress*com/2020/12/02/when-trade-test-certificates-do-not-certify-competence

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 3:37am On May 19, 2021
We give the best pop design, wall screeding, tvstand, wall screeding, artwork
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:18am On May 19, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:31am On May 19, 2021

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 6:08am On May 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Good morning. Happy sales day cool
i thank God brother, God bless you

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Immademan: 6:14am On May 19, 2021
This is nice

How much can i build and complete a four bedroom bungalow with all room ensuit with a modrate finishing touch in Benin city
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:34am On May 19, 2021
Jasobry:

Wow. On a bungalow?
yes
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2021
Cost of materials and labour are relatively higher in Benin compared to most states. I did some projects there recently. Coupled with the rising cost of construction materials, you can budget 8 to 12m depending on your choices.
Immademan:
This is nice

How much can i build and complete a four bedroom bungalow with all room ensuit with a modrate finishing touch in Benin city

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dwanay(m): 7:31am On May 19, 2021
Contact for your tiles installation in Ibadan today and let's give your home a perfect, welcome and ravishing look

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MRFIXER001: 7:55am On May 19, 2021
We're in Nigeria, nothing is so certain
donbrowser:

3,800. Is it still coming down?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 8:22am On May 19, 2021
We are available 24/7

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johntemmy(m): 8:45am On May 19, 2021
Good morning.
we are available for your roofing woods,woodwork and materials.
contact us today.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 10:43am On May 19, 2021
n3xt:
>>> cooking

A suite that tick all the boxes.

Plot size: 250sqm cool

#nexthome #contemporary living

Nice and Simple too. But do these homes observe the set back rules.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:49am On May 19, 2021
Aforxzy:

Nice and Simple too. But do these homes observe the set back rules.

Standard setback requirements fully met on all sides.

Front - 6m
All sides - 3m

A house is a sum of all its parts. The XL6 Trillion | Atrium House tick all the boxes.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by InvertedHammer: 11:03am On May 19, 2021
/
P.O.P
-------------------++++
Area: 31 sqm

Estimate:
12 bags of POP cement
15 kg of sponge
2 pkts concrete nail
Miscellaneous...

/

Do these make sense?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2204) (2205) (2206) (2207) (2208) (2209) (2210) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Wealth1105, diordaves(m), DrOA, jeffkennedy, Francis8999, AngelicBeing, rmx, sodiq961(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.