Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,145 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:44 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2239) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4380681 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2236) (2237) (2238) (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 9:49pm On Jun 01, 2021
@samoranononi and @stanley000, send me PM. Let get this sorted out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 10:04pm On Jun 01, 2021
Naijapal:

I think it's wrong to call him a thief. Let's learn to use the right word. Let's forget his unruly behaviour/post and focus on the contract.

The drawing is poor but amendable. His is not the first drawing to be criticised. Drawings from big firms have been criticised before.

The terms of contract wasn't well spelt out by both parties. In such a situation disagreement is bound to happen. At the end both party feels he has done more than enough.

To salvage, the situation, both parties should present 1) what was agreed 2) what has been done and 3) ehat is yet to be done.

I hate it when irrelevant conflicts/disagreements that doesn't add value is made to drag on for days.

I understand you bro, but the truth is : he acted like a thief tho he is just an ordinary fraudster.
I just hate when an idiot thinks he can bully or intimidate someone.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sgtponzihater1(m): 10:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
Naijapal:

I think it's wrong to call him a thief. Let's learn to use the right word. Let's forget his unruly behaviour/post and focus on the contract.

The drawing is poor but amendable. His is not the first drawing to be criticised. Drawings from big firms have been criticised before.

The terms of contract wasn't well spelt out by both parties. In such a situation disagreement is bound to happen. At the end both party feels he has done more than enough.

To salvage, the situation, both parties should present 1) what was agreed 2) what has been done and 3) ehat is yet to be done.

I hate it when irrelevant conflicts/disagreements that doesn't add value is made to drag on for days.

What more evidence? He was told to hold on as there was no money, and the old man, @stanley000 started hauling insults and expletives, and even boasting to be a Benin man in a bid to defraud @samoranononi of money that he does not even have. I would blame the lad for being cowared into parting with borrowed money for a futile drawing.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 10:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
Kentucky404:

I understand you bro, but the truth is : he acted like a thief tho he is just an ordinary fraudster.
I just hate when an idiot thinks he can bully or intimidate someone.

What's the story as presented by each party?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by praise010(m): 10:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
Naijapal:

The more we get to this issue, the more we add to the burning fire and detail this thread. Lets sleeping dog lie please. We are tired of this matter.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
praise010:

The more we get to this issue, the more we add to the burning fire and detail this thread. Lets sleeping dog lie please. We are tired of this matter.

If you look at previous page, sleeping dog refused to lie.

When we run away from solving issues like this we only end up leaving room for comments on same issues from every angle thus distracting the essence of this thread.

In the absence of moderation, the best we can do is to step in and mediate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KelvinCoaster(m): 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
Naijapal:

Hey bro, you don't need to drag this matter further! Stanley000 has registered his name in NL Hall of shame(n3xt). No need helping him!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:22pm On Jun 01, 2021
Hardwood for house roofing.

Available here

2x2@N400

2x3@N500

2x4@N600

2x6@N1, 100

3x4@N1, 000

1x12@N2, 000

WhatsApp 0-7-0-6-2-3-2-9-5-0-5

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 10:23pm On Jun 01, 2021
Horlardorjah:

On your next post of this, let it be clear it's mural and not wall paper because people will think it's same thing n same amount with wall papers
okay thank you for your advice brother

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2021
We design space aesthetically
Sandtex Painting Design.

https://www.nairaland.com/6534100/interior-design-project#102151084

Call or WhatsApp : O7O169611OI

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 10:30pm On Jun 01, 2021
KelvinCoaster:

Hey bro,
you don't need to drag this matter further!
Stanley000 has registered his name in NL Hall of shame(n3xt).
No need helping him!

Does that mean samoranononi should count his loss and move on as he's not satisfied with the drawing? Or are you willing to pay him back?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2021
Naijapal:

Read from here : https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/2224#102150802 to the latest page

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 10:51pm On Jun 01, 2021
Kentucky404:

Read from here : https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/2224#102150802 to the latest page

He knows the story, he is just trying to mediate with his alternate monicker.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:58pm On Jun 01, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

It’s all relative to ones life experience.

I wouldn’t live in the USA at this point of my life if you paid me.

Is there a better quality of life in the USA? Of course. But similar lifestyle can be funded and had in the USA.

Let’s break it down.

Safety:
Yes. Nigeria could be dangerous no doubt. America is also potentially dangerous. Admittedly foreigners can easily abound trouble areas.

Education:
Again, as a standard the USA has a high quality of education. Unarguably. But the children of some well to dos, children of foreign diplomats and foreign business people are getting good education. So any average education issue can be mitigated.

Housing:
We all know that there are good homes and communities in Nigeria. Some rival homes and communities in the USA.

Employment:
I can’t speak on this as I’m not in the working demographics. But I think that there’s employment.

In my opinion, people are naturally nomadic. Even if Nigeria was the very garden of Eden people would and should still travel.

I have friends in the USA that moved from Japan, Netherlands, Canada, etc they certainly aren’t economic migrants.

I’ll close by thanking those that are migrating to the USA. You have my complete support. You’ll be working there to ensure that my social security account will be well funded grin
Hummmm, @ bold I said it in proverb for those that don't understand what I mean he broke it down. In my opinion for the brother who used to live comfortable under minimal wage that was then, in this stage of our lives with huge responsibilities on our shoulder those lifestyle is not advisable. Remember my advise about age? When it says working he means what he said. I hope his words is clearly understood, imagine at 40 somebody thinking of migrating to unknown destination, that's what I mean by jumping into lake without knowing how deep it is. He will be swimming for some years before he step his foot on dry land. The journey sometimes could be 10 or more years. I'm not discouraging anyone not to try their luck but be prepared for unforeseen battle.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 11:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
Stanley000 you would have just given him a hand sketch if you felt the other drawing wasn't okay (especially as another professional was already working on his brief). That's how to genuinely help.

The was to salvage this is to give him a working drawing that meets his taste. I and my architect have done several corrections before we settle for one. As a professional, I believe that won't take you time to do. For the honour of your profession, please take that step and give him what he'll be proud to work with.

Kentucky404:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 11:28pm On Jun 01, 2021
I've ignored one moniker that starts with p and end with r

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 12:45am On Jun 02, 2021
Buying or considering replacing your traditional windows with casement windows, these guides may be advantageous.

These are insight about casement windows, which is one of the best most popular modern type of windows in the World, other types of windows includes basement, bay, awning, louvers windows are all outdated now.

So let get started, let us share our ideals and experiences as well.

Awning windows and Basement windows also look like casement windows but they are partially different in terms of installation, some are burglaries embedded some are not.

Casement windows are mostly made of aluminum.

In Nigeria we have different companies importing these products, making of these windows are by the process called fabricating.

Tower Standard Aluminum is one of l best of all types of products imported to Nigeria, we also have thick imported.

The standard glasses thickness for residential building is 5mm, you can choose to have a transparent glasses, black, white, cream e.t.c but all of these are choice.

Security purposes, the best one is the type that you can see people outside when you are inside in the afternoon or morning, but they can’t see you, they will only be looking at themselves as if it was a mirror they are seeing or looking at, in the night they can hardly see what is inside even when the light is on.

Casement windows are usually hung vertically with an opening window hinged.

The opener can be inward or outward, but it more commonly installed with the opening element moving in an outward motion.

Due to the simple construction and stout, ruggedness, staunch and sturdy frame, casement windows are known to stand the test of time, compare to all major types of windows, without repairs or replacement.

The Crank is the controller, or the locker of the opening and closing of the window unit, if the crank is not well fix or attach, or the material use is not standard, then the crank is likely to fail at a very short time, which will make you call for change of the crank.

Note: the crank is one of the major components of getting a standard good casement windows.

The biggest market for these casement windows products is at Aluminum Village, Dopemu, in Lagos, Nigeria.

Casement windows can be embedded with net, and burglary so there is no need of doing a separate burglary proof or net, when you are considering casement windows for your project, though their are some people that love to have their casement windows and net embedded together while they do a separate burglaries that will be install separately but at the end you will end up spending more money than you need to spend on a single window that will have a casement, burglary and net embedded together.
Important things to consider are Reasonable Price, Efficiency, Zero Noise Cancellation, Available in Different Designs and Color,

Reasonable Price
Casement windows are one of the best priced windows types, I can categorically tell you that a casement windows measuring 4ft x 4ft or 1.2m x 1.2m with burglary and net embedded together is around N55, 000 to N60, 000 depend on the seller right now, without burglary is between N45, 000 to N50, 000 plus.

Efficiency
Casement windows are one of the most energy efficient windows, the sash which is the framework in which panes of glass are set in the window, when closed form a seal around the entire windows frame, reducing or zero cancelling the amount of Air Leakage which can pass between the inside and the outside space, so your air conditioners can attach uppermost coolest of the inside house.

In a near few years to now, your casement windows will glasses will be able to be embedded with solar panels.

Zero Noise Cancellation
Zero Noise penetration or cancellation from the outside space is another added value for you when you install a casement windows, so whatever you are saying inside your room will not leak outside and whatever noise outside can’t come inside especially when you live beside a church or a mosque.

Available in Different Designs and Color
Casement windows is available in various variety of finishes and colors designs with range of accessories such as chrome, vinyl or brass crank handles, you can also add a range of optional extra such as surface grills and lead grills this makes the casement windows more attractive to the eye and less plain looking like sliding windows.

Ventilation
Casement windows provide good ventilation and usually allow two way ventilation methods, one which allows you to open the windows full and the other which allows you to open the windows by a way of centimeters instead. Either of this option is good for letting air into your house, particularly in the hotter dry weather or summer season like the westerner use to say.

For more info call 0-7-0-6-2-3-2-9-5-0-5 or WhatsApp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabberjawz: 1:39am On Jun 02, 2021
[img][/img]
mountmoriah:
Buying or considering replacing your traditional windows with casement windows, these guides may be advantageous.

These are insight about casement windows, which is one of the best most popular modern type of windows in the World, other types of windows includes basement, bay, awning, louvers windows are all outdated now.

So let get started, let us share our ideals and experiences as well.

Awning windows and Basement windows also look like casement windows but they are partially different in terms of installation, some are burglaries embedded some are not.

Casement windows are mostly made of aluminum.

In Nigeria we have different companies importing these products, making of these windows are by the process called fabricating.

Tower Standard Aluminum is one of l best of all types of products imported to Nigeria, we also have thick imported.

The standard glasses thickness for residential building is 5mm, you can choose to have a transparent glasses, black, white, cream e.t.c but all of these are choice.

Security purposes, the best one is the type that you can see people outside when you are inside in the afternoon or morning, but they can’t see you, they will only be looking at themselves as if it was a mirror they are seeing or looking at, in the night they can hardly see what is inside even when the light is on.

Casement windows are usually hung vertically with an opening window hinged.

The opener can be inward or outward, but it more commonly installed with the opening element moving in an outward motion.

Due to the simple construction and stout, ruggedness, staunch and sturdy frame, casement windows are known to stand the test of time, compare to all major types of windows, without repairs or replacement.

The Crank is the controller, or the locker of the opening and closing of the window unit, if the crank is not well fix or attach, or the material use is not standard, then the crank is likely to fail at a very short time, which will make you call for change of the crank.

Note: the crank is one of the major components of getting a standard good casement windows.

The biggest market for these casement windows products is at Aluminum Village, Dopemu, in Lagos, Nigeria.

Casement windows can be embedded with net, and burglary so there is no need of doing a separate burglary proof or net, when you are considering casement windows for your project, though their are some people that love to have their casement windows and net embedded together while they do a separate burglaries that will be install separately but at the end you will end up spending more money than you need to spend on a single window that will have a casement, burglary and net embedded together.
Important things to consider are Reasonable Price, Efficiency, Zero Noise Cancellation, Available in Different Designs and Color,

Reasonable Price
Casement windows are one of the best priced windows types, I can categorically tell you that a casement windows measuring 4ft x 4ft or 1.2m x 1.2m with burglary and net embedded together is around N55, 000 to N60, 000 depend on the seller right now, without burglary is between N45, 000 to N50, 000 plus.

Efficiency
Casement windows are one of the most energy efficient windows, the sash which is the framework in which panes of glass are set in the window, when closed form a seal around the entire windows frame, reducing or zero cancelling the amount of Air Leakage which can pass between the inside and the outside space, so your air conditioners can attach uppermost coolest of the inside house.

In a near few years to now, your casement windows will glasses will be able to be embedded with solar panels.

Zero Noise Cancellation
Zero Noise penetration or cancellation from the outside space is another added value for you when you install a casement windows, so whatever you are saying inside your room will not leak outside and whatever noise outside can’t come inside especially when you live beside a church or a mosque.

Available in Different Designs and Color
Casement windows is available in various variety of finishes and colors designs with range of accessories such as chrome, vinyl or brass crank handles, you can also add a range of optional extra such as surface grills and lead grills this makes the casement windows more attractive to the eye and less plain looking like sliding windows.

Ventilation
Casement windows provide good ventilation and usually allow two way ventilation methods, one which allows you to open the windows full and the other which allows you to open the windows by a way of centimeters instead. Either of this option is good for letting air into your house, particularly in the hotter dry weather or summer season like the westerner use to say.

For more info call 0-7-0-6-2-3-2-9-5-0-5 or WhatsApp

Boss.... thanks for sharing this, one quick question, will it be possible to fix sliding glass with net on casement windows....such as the windows below?, And how will the reinforcement look like in this case for the Down floor of a building?......see example below.... smiley

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 2:19am On Jun 02, 2021
jabberjawz:
[img][/img]

Boss.... thanks for sharing this, one quick question, will it be possible to fix sliding glass with net on casement windows....such as the windows below?, And how will the reinforcement look like in this case for the Down floor of a building?......see example below.... smiley

It is possible

But note there is an entering door behind the white chairs.

The burglary there will have an opening.

the rest reinforcement will be fix.

Whatsapp me for more info.

0-7-0-6.2-3-2-9-5-0-5
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 2:56am On Jun 02, 2021
spyder880:
In this inflation period, one of the best responses is to stock up on needed materials and wait to use them on ongoing and upcoming projects before the costs can get out of reach. This has helped me keep a lot of costs down. I have spend the last 36 hours in and around Onitsha, buying as much building materials as possible to stock up for future use.

If you have some local funds, better tie them down on something as the naira is losing its value daily.
u are very correct

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by One4me: 3:26am On Jun 02, 2021
Badgers14:

Well, according to the client.. the painter submitted a list of what was needed for the job, say, 100 buckets of emulsion, 50 buckets of ...... for a total of xx buckets of paint.

So the client paid for the service, for the painter to both supply and hire painters to paint.

Just like @ michilins pointed out, the painter perhaps factored in the cost of the paint bucket when submitting his quote - who knows, but the client in my what's app group did say he factored in the cost he would resell the bucket prior to hiring the painter.

When you pay for Paint, you are also paying for the Bucket that contains the Paint.
Both go together.
I have never seen a Painter who says to his Client: You are only paying for the Paint, not the Bucket! If he said that dueing Contract Negotiation and Pricing, then it will be clear and exceptioned.

Any Material l pay for, belongs to me, it does not matter through whom it came or was supplied.
Painter will go back the way he came to my Site, with his Brush (if l did not pay for Brush too).
Trying to separate whether it was a 'supply and service' job or a Service only job, is not an issue here.
Let us even assume it was a Supply and Service, the Client PAID for both (Material and Service) so whatever is LEFT OVER from that Contract, belongs to the Client.

My Opinion.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 3:36am On Jun 02, 2021
One4me:

When you pay for Paint, you are also paying for the Bucket that contains the Paint.
Both go together.
I have never seen a Painter who says to his Client: You are only paying for the Paint, not the Bucket! If he said that dueing Contract Negotiation and Pricing, then it will be clear and exceptioned.

Any Material l pay for, belongs to me, it does not matter through whom it came or was supplied.
Painter will go back the way he came to my Site, with his Brush (if l did not pay for Brush too).
Trying to separate whether it was a 'supply and service' job or a Service only job, is not an issue here.
Let us even assume it was a Supply and Service, the Client PAID for both (Material and Service) so whatever is LEFT OVER from that Contract, belongs to the Client.

My Opinion.
that is true
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 02, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 3:51am On Jun 02, 2021
stanley000:
about my family? no one online can get a true information on my family that i can promise you but you sharing my full names with that ex convict is the nail on your confin. You won't finish that project or any other one for that matter. I will make sure of that. Take care.

Just like that? How can you stop a project you didn't start? runaway from here biko.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 4:03am On Jun 02, 2021
One4me:

Both go together.

My Opinion.

Thanks!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jalofun: 4:35am On Jun 02, 2021
Dumbskull Stanley @53
Kentucky404:

Elvis you are a fool at 53 so let them insult you,
Since you have decided to be senseless at 53
cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 5:34am On Jun 02, 2021
Good morning house.. You can live better.. We can handle your plumbing work for you... With affordable price ...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by pussiboner: 6:27am On Jun 02, 2021
Naijapal:
I've ignored one moniker that starts with p and end with r

You can ignore me Boss, I won't ignore you sir.

If your intention is to win the guy over to kobocity, then think again. The unrepentant uncouth dude would ruin the small reputation you have. grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:46am On Jun 02, 2021
somehow:

Then what they built is not in tandem with the standard of living of their people.

Main reason why majority of Nigerians can't buy brand new cars. Standard of living. So build what your people can afford. A true low cost housing estates.

You can't be selling a 2 bedroom for 5 million (total cost) in Ogun state or even Osun, then claim they are "low cost". How much is an average earning power of your target market?

I've lay low on this though.

Even the FG with all concessions and everything cannot build a low cost 2 bedroom house in Nigeria with N5m. A lot of things are easier said than done.

Ogun gov is paying over N2.5m for the foundation of 2 units of 2 flats (direct labour). When you factor in the cost of the land, the shell, the finishing (no matter how cheap you decide to go), the external works (septic tank, tank tower, borehole, fencing. gate etc). You'd understand N5m is nothing when you're considering habitable house in Nigeria.

The elites always underestimate the earning power of the half-educated folks.. so we often assume they're not making anything. Even my bricklayers have more than N5m house.

Let me just give you ideas of what it costs to build an average house in Nigeria grin grin

Do you think anyone can spend anything less than the amount below to achieve a livable house in this age? If yes, kindly remove items you think are unnecessarily expensive from the list.

Land - 500k
Foundation - 700k
Shell - 750k
Roof - 550k
Ceiling - 200k
Windows - 350k
Doors - 200k
Plastering - 400k
Bathroom/Plumbing - 250k
Kitchen - 100k
Flooring - 200k
Electrical - 200k
Septic tank - 200k
Water - 100k
Fence - 200k
Gate - 50k
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:04am On Jun 02, 2021
Abi which N5m are we talking about sef? Nigerian Naira? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 7:28am On Jun 02, 2021
We are here to give you the best

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:43am On Jun 02, 2021
KolaShangOne:

That's not how it works here.

The lease agreement is on the land, regardless of the owner.
That clause is in almost all the states Cof O not just your place. But my question is, can you give one instance of where land has ever been returned to the original owners after the 77 years lease?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2236) (2237) (2238) (2239) (2240) (2241) (2242) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: twinskenny(m), Rany4all(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.