Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2332) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4368878 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:12am On Jul 19, 2021
twinskenny:

Well I am the one that introduced the said borehole guy, I thought I was doing a Favour not knowing the idiot has become a crook overnight…

First he was the one the that did mine even as at last week the Borelhole stop functioning… I don’t know the cause yet. Base on what he did for me I also recommend him to two other people and he did a good job for them as well.

I am a product of recommendations here and there and i was just playing my part not knowing that this will turn out badly, I have reported him already at ojota police station.. for now that’s much I can do.

And sir, I never knew you were not on ground to monitor what he was doing that time, not matter how someone suppose to be on ground to check him, and when he claimed that his machine has fault, you shouldn’t have allow him to take all his equipment out of site since the job is not completed…. Now like I explained to you on WhatsApp the balance of 50k won’t do that job.

So let me know how much is owing you with transaction receipt so I can render it at the station.

Thank you
mehn. I feel your pain right now. A job you helped someone get is what that is dragging you out like this. I hope it gets resolved
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:29am On Jul 19, 2021
n3xt:

It is still Lagos sha!

Pls note that my caption reads “Overhyped Lagos | Zero Planning.” I have not said it happened yesterday, 10 years ago or hoping to happen In the future.

Na una dey give my message your own interpretation. “The Lekki poor vs the Lekki rich grin” “The unverified fact” “The unregulated social community”

The fact remains the pictures shared captured the Lagos we all know. #

Another fact remains, you can’t know a baby more than his mother. grin

I’ve lived in flooded Lekki.
I’ve worked in flooded Lekki for several years.
I’ve owned properties in flooded Lekki
I have businesses in flooded Lekki.
I have raised a family in flooded in Lekki
I’ve been around since Lekki/Epe road was a single lane road grin grin

Flooding is an inevitable constant in Lekki. Take it or leave it!

This is rather a poor attempt in trying to deviate.

The pictures you posted was because a thread was opened to claim that it happened 3 days ago due to the rain that fell (Caused havoc in some parts of the world) .

Or why did you post those images at this time?

That you lived or owned Lekki before should not make you pass old information as recent.

Trying to twist the whole intent after getting busted is not an honest trait.

Every environment have their own history, while you were thinking that thread was true, some parts of the mainland got flooded (Fact) .

All the same, I challeneged the information you tried to share for its inccuracy nothing else. You can keep twisting however you want it, it won't change the fact that you posted 4 years old images.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:34am On Jul 19, 2021
iammarvellux:

Here is the diagram direction roap map to our Zylus Court Estate, for site inspection and other enquiries pls contact me on 2348038781738 Sir.

This is not in Bogije, it's after Shapati and these areas aren't Ajah.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:37am On Jul 19, 2021
twinskenny:

Well I am the one that introduced the said borehole guy, I thought I was doing a Favour not knowing the idiot has become a crook overnight…

First he was the one the that did mine even as at last week the Borelhole stop functioning… I don’t know the cause yet. Base on what he did for me I also recommend him to two other people and he did a good job for them as well.

I am a product of recommendations here and there and i was just playing my part not knowing that this will turn out badly, I have reported him already at ojota police station.. for now that’s much I can do.

And sir, I never knew you were not on ground to monitor what he was doing that time, not matter how someone suppose to be on ground to check him, and when he claimed that his machine has fault, you shouldn’t have allow him to take all his equipment out of site since the job is not completed…. Now like I explained to you on WhatsApp the balance of 50k won’t do that job.

So let me know how much is owing you with transaction receipt so I can render it at the station.

Thank you

Is it that the said guy is unreachable at all?
Does he not have a base like an office address?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:43am On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

Is it that the said guy is unreachable at all?
Does he not have a base like an office address?
he is … he said we should pay him his balance before he will come and finish up….

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2021
n3xt:

Thanks for clearing the air sir.

@micgray100 I’ll implore you to exercise a lot of patience on this matter. There’s absolutely nothing the online brouhaha will achieve if you and @twinskenny don’t handle this maturely.

He did what he did in good faith. The fact that a fish got drown in the water doesn’t mean we won’t stop eating fish or drinking water.

________

@twinskenny
I’ve been in a similar situation and I know boreholes get level and the type of equipment you use varies as per report.
Unless I’m doing borehole in Lekki which any amateur can handle without worries, I cannot recommend anyone for borehole installation again. I stopped taking borehole jobs since 2013.

Even the borehole done for one of my client in Ibadan in 2018 has very low yield and my client is already considering having a new one or sink a well. I was like “What a waste?”

Sorry for all the inconveniences this might have cause you both. This is just one of the many issues we face with subtrades.

Thank you brother. Thus guy has been a pain in the ass… even after mobilization it took him more than one week to get to site
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

The pictures you posted was because a thread was opened to claim that it happened 3 days ago due to the rain that fell (Caused havoc in some parts of the world) .

That you lived or owned Lekki before should not make you pass old information as recent.

Every environment have their own history, while you were thinking that thread was true, some parts of the mainland got flooded (Fact) .

All the same, I challeneged the information you tried to share for its inccuracy nothing else. You can keep twisting however you want it, it won't change the fact that you posted 4 years old images.

Ok sir.

The irrefutable fact remains the picture depicts the Overhyped Lagos we know.

What else is inaccurate there? Was it that it’s not lagos or that it was Lagos 4 years ago.

The information is there for those who care to know.

The only twist I see here is that it happened 4 years ago and not recent. Do you mind sharing recent pics? grin
More like Buhari blaming Jonathan for economic hardship or Lai Mohammed trying to tell us Boko Haram started in 1999.

Who cares? This is LAGOS.

Happy New Week!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:54am On Jul 19, 2021
n3xt:

Ok sir.

What else is inaccurate there? Was it that it’s not lagos or that it was Lagos 4 years ago.

The only twist I see here is that it happened 4 years ago and not recent. Do you mind sharing recent pics? grin
More like Buhari blaming Jonathan for economic hardship or Lai Mohammed trying to tell us Boko Haram started in 1999.

Happy New Week!

If its about Overhyped Lagos, how come you posted only one part of Lagos even though the images were 4 years old?

How come you didn't post other sides of Lagos that actually suffered flooding 3 days ago? (I have images and videos from people directly affected but why would I want to post images to mock anyone going through a misfortune?) .

Did you post Lekki flood pictures of 4 years ago to mock those living in Lekki or people living in Lagos entirely?

Your comments so far are rather here nor there because the reason for those images are lost since they aren't even recent.

I repeat again, I only countered you for posting old images as recent, nothing else.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:55am On Jul 19, 2021
Let’s call it divert or anything.

Here’s something from the multi-billion naira Ikeja GRA that’s largely threatened by environmental challenges.

Ikeja GRA is one of the most expensive address in Africa grin

#ThisIsLagos #OverhypedLagos

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2021/07/14/ikeja-g-r-a-regenerationproject-will-resolve-flooding-lasg/

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:57am On Jul 19, 2021
twinskenny:
he is … he said we should pay him his balance before he will come and finish up….

Imagine. Good that you have involved the police, if he wants his balance, he should complete his job first.

I have not seen where they pay everything upfront before a job is completed in matters like this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:01am On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

If its about Overhyped Lagos, how come you posted only one part of Lagos even though the images were 4 years old?

How come you didn't post other sides of Lagos that actually suffered flooding 3 days ago? (I have images and videos from people directly affected but why would I want to post images to mock anyone going through a misfortune?) .

Did you post Lekki flood pictures of 4 years ago to mock those living in Lekki or people living in Lagos entirely?

Your comments so far are rather here nor there because the reason for those images are lost since they aren't even recent.

I repeat again, I only countered you for posting old images as recent, nothing else.

This ain’t mockery but passing information to those who need it.

Since you don’t need it baba, just ignore.

When I moved to Ogun state, I shared the pics of the bad road in my community till Government fix the road.

That’s the best I can do. Call it mockery or anything you like? We can’t lit a candle and hid it under bushel.

Lagos is overhyped. The government and the citizens need to do more than beautiful structures inside slums and hoping things will correct itself later.

#PutInfrastructureFirst
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 8:02am On Jul 19, 2021
Valuepaints20:

Ok nice job
thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:12am On Jul 19, 2021
n3xt:

This ain’t mockery but passing information to those who need it.

Since you don’t need it baba, just ignore.

When I moved to Ogun state, I shared the pics of the bad road in my community till Government fix the road.

That’s the best I can do. Call it mockery or anything you like? We can’t lit a candle and hid it under bushel.

Lagos is overhyped. The government and the citizens need to do more than beautiful structures inside slums and hoping things will correct itself later.

#PutInfrastructureFirst
If you want to pass a message, use accurate information not 4 years old information.

Or has rain not been falling since 2017?
Why use a 4 years old information as the base of your message to buttress your point in 2021 or rain only fall every 4 years?

We had a discussion here on this thread where you defended some parts of Lagos as being planned, now you're going the opposite.

E funny na.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:21am On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

We had a discussion here on this thread where you defended some parts of Lagos as being planned, now you're going the opposite.

And which part if I may ask sir? Do you mind quoting my post defending those parts of Lagos?

I still remember all I shared here. The ones I don’t know remember are the ones people give their own interpretation grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:25am On Jul 19, 2021
n3xt:

And which part if I may ask sir? Do you mind quoting my post defending those parts of Lagos?

I still remember all I shared here. The ones I don’t know remember are the ones people give their own interpretation grin

Haba
Scheme 11 and co
You forgot already?

I can't be going back and forth quoting you but you know that you defended some parts of Lagos of being planned years back.

Can you reply me off here?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Giftedinterior1: 8:58am On Jul 19, 2021
Good my people how Una dey
It another new week we pray for more grace for success in our hustle this week

Check up wallpaper
https://www.nairaland.com/6018966/get-wallpaper-very-chip-wholesale#103859355
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:12am On Jul 19, 2021
twinskenny:

That’s a very good one bro!

Arrange his balance and use that opportunity to perfect everything you failed to do while awarding the contract.

Let him sign an undertaking that the job will be completed in a satisfactory manner and give him the time he require to deliver.

To be honest, I don’t do police on matters that requires tact and diplomacy like this.

_________

A service provider here has owed me some money before and I couldn’t get it from him. Instead of making dramas, I decided to give him some supplies and started deducting my money in bits till he was able to pay all.

The goal is to recover my money and not to make unnecessary drama or organize pity parties.

We all respond to life issues differently though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 11:01am On Jul 19, 2021
n3xt:

That’s a very good one bro!

Arrange his balance and use that opportunity to perfect everything you failed to do while awarding the contract.

Let him sign an undertaking that the job will be completed in a satisfactory manner and give him the time he require to deliver.

To be honest, I don’t do police on matters that requires tact and diplomacy like this.

_________

A service provider here has owed me some money before and I couldn’t get it from him. Instead of making dramas, I decided to give him some supplies and started deducting my money in bits till he was able to pay all.

The goal is to recover my money and not to make unnecessary drama or organize pity parties.

We all respond to life issues differently though.

I love the way you handle yours sir. What of if the customer is one off person (buy and go). Like something that happened to me, a customer called me and he ordered for cables and he promised to pay on delivery . He said people have suped him in the past. Well I took the risk and delivered the cable to him. He said the road to the site is very bad and that I should come to a bus stop. He confirmed the quantities and it was ok. He log in to his online banking pretending he wanted to transfered money to me not knowing that he was busy playing game on his phone grin. After some minutes he said the transaction completed and I will see alert because it's an inter bank transaction.

I left the place hoping that my account would be credited some minutes. I waited several minutes hours, days , weeks, months . He later change his line and couldn't reach him anymore. He's a visitor on nairaland. He told me his name is O.J. Till today OJ's number is not going . Tye total cost of cables is 867,000.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:18am On Jul 19, 2021
topsy23:

I love the way you handle yours sir. What of if the customer is one off person (buy and go). Like something that happened to me, a customer called me and he ordered for cables and he promised to pay on delivery . He said people have suped him in the past. Well I took the risk and delivered the cable to him. He said the road to the site is very bad and that I should come to a bus stop. He confirmed the quantities and it was ok. He log in to his online banking pretending he wanted to transfered money to me not knowing that he was busy playing game on his phone grin. After some minutes he said the transaction completed and I will see alert because it's an inter bank transaction.

I left the place hoping that my account would be credited some minutes. I waited several minutes hours, days , weeks, months . He later change his line and couldn't reach him anymore. He's a visitor on nairaland. He told me his name is O.J. Till today OJ's number is not going . Tye total cost of cables is 867,000.

Wow this is serious.
There should be a protection for both client and vendors here.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 11:37am On Jul 19, 2021
Buying paints or Painting your home is exciting, but choosing the right colours, products, and house painters while ensuring your family’s safety can be a huge task. That's where we come in with our aim to make home painting a safe and great experience! With Value Paints Safe Painting Services, re-imagine your home as a huge canvas.

Now get an Online Consultation with Value the Paints Safe Painting Services and let us guide you through all the questions you may have.

To buy paint or paint your home, please give us a call at 08163862804.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:38am On Jul 19, 2021
topsy23:

I left the place hoping that my account would be credited some minutes. I waited several minutes hours, days , weeks, months . He later change his line and couldn't reach him anymore. He's a visitor on nairaland. He told me his name is O.J. Till today OJ's number is not going . The total cost of cables is 867,000.

Well, let me say you goofed big time. Anyway we learn everyday.

I do Payment On Delivery BUT goods will not be released until confirmation of fund in my account.

One of my supplier will charge you for insurance if you’re doing POD on any item supplied by him.
________

We are quick to name and shame dishonest contractors here but a lot of project managers/home owners are rogues and crooks.

There are ways you can identify such people.

It starts with being extremely difficult, being picky on trivial issues, insatiable, not willing to honour a simple gentleman agreement, changing term of service mid project, not following scope of work and so many others immature way of doing business.

_________

At the level you are, you really don’t need anyone to play you into doing business with them anymore. There are people who are willing to pay premium for your skill

You have all it takes to play in the upscale market. So move to the next level.

Pic 1&2 - Below are the kind of project someone like you should be working on and not some how many length of 1.5mm cable will finish a 1 bedroom bungalow. Or I have problem with my engineer and I can’t trust anyone else again.

Leave that world for beginners.

Go to the upscale market. Too bad I’m no longer a Lagos resident. grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 11:45am On Jul 19, 2021
n3xt:

Well, let me say you goofed big time. Anyway we learn everyday.

I do Payment On Delivery BUT goods will not be released until confirmation of fund in my account.

One of my supplier will charge you for insurance if you’re doing POD on any item supplied by him.
________

We are quick to name and shame dishonest contractors here but a lot of project managers/home owners are rogues and crooks.

There are ways you can identify such people.

It starts with being extremely difficult, being picky on trivial issues, insatiable, not willing to honour a simple gentleman agreement, changing term of service mid project, not following scope of work and so many others immature way of doing business.

_________

At the level you are, you really don’t need anyone to play you into doing business with them anymore. There are people who are willing to pay premium for your skill

You have all it takes to play in the upscale market. So move to the next level.

Pic 1&2 - Below are the kind of project someone like you should be working on and not some how many length of 1.5mm will finish a 1 bedroom bungalow.
And they use ogboju (intimidation and threat of giving business to someone else) to bully into accepting unfavorable terms and condition.
Your tips are apt. Dishonest people cut across contractors and clients.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:05pm On Jul 19, 2021
gbadexy:

And they use ogboju (intimidation and threat of giving business to someone else) to bully into accepting unfavorable terms and condition.
Your tips are apt. Dishonest people cut across contractors and clients.

I'm still awaiting one client here to come and put up the nonsense we tolerated in the past up here. I'll deal with him in the language he understands.

That's why they say Brabus win on technicalities. All the nonsense that happens here doesn't happen in the upscale market. There's respect for each other.

At my end, respect is earned and not bought.

_______

Interestingly, someone who ran away with 875k will still come here to brag. grin

That was how a client I recently worked for was asking someone to get the details of my suppliers (contacts) that I feely share with people who treat us with respect.

________

Bullying is allowed but you're not compelled to take it. Don't take bullshit!

Have a contract for every transaction you do here and specify your terms of service.

When issues come up, people like us won't listen to emotional blackmails, we will go with what's written in black and white.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:35pm On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

This is not in Bogije, it's after Shapati and these areas aren't Ajah.

If you read some companies description of their land in the forest near Idi Ayunre you’ll think it’s a stones throw from Oluyole GRA grin

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:36pm On Jul 19, 2021
twinskenny:

Is he on here?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:40pm On Jul 19, 2021
topsy23:

Someone owes almost a mil and you’re still typing?

I don’t pray that this happens to me but the person will beg on his knees las las. I promise this.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 12:50pm On Jul 19, 2021
Some months ago, I went to inspect an estate somewhere around Shapati, when we drove there, the owner who took us there could not even step into her own estate.

She kept pointing to a distance, saying the estate starts from 10 plots away, pointing into a marshy forest, yet was asking for 3.5m per plot.

This is a forest you can't even find dry land nor can you even step into it.

EgunMogaji2:

If you read some companies description of their land in the forest near Idi Ayunre you’ll think it’s a stones throw from Oluyole GRA grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

But Sir, Was Lekki not flooded? N3xt was right and it wasn’t an attack against Lekki or lagos island, it’s a non fact that the relationship between Lekki and flood is a 5&6 type.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 12:53pm On Jul 19, 2021
n3xt:

Ok sir.

Happy New Week!
Lekki was still flooded around 4days ago sef! Flood wey wan swallow car sef
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Are these your actual jobs?

If so define affordable price as I have an estimate request in Elebu.

Hello sir,
Sorry this reply is coming late.
When we say affordable price it means we have different prices according to your tastes and budget and this is totally dependent on designs and not quality. We give quality job ALWAYS,whether it is simple or luxury/complex designs.

Depending on cost of materials and location of the job, price ranges from #4000 upwards(as of today). Simple designs will just be a flat design with rozart in the middle. Others can have lighting box with multilayers, with or without conis, depending on your choice. However, simple or not, the quality will always be topnotch.
I hope I answer your questions correctly.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 12:59pm On Jul 19, 2021
somehow:

You really should stop this, it’s more like a pointless discussion.

And the discussion will never change the fact that LEKKI is prone to more flood compared to other areas in lagos due to the proximity to water and the lack of proper planning in the area.

A place meant for the rich but they have poor drainage system to curb flood even though they knew this would keep reoccurring, what do we have?

Developers still building on every available lands and still reclaiming the water to build more spaceless houses without greenery.

So what are we sayin? Lagos island should be the standard of LAGOS since it belonged to the rich but NO! it’s slowly turning into GHETTO! The ghetto is slowly crawling in to the island from oworoshoki,Marina and some parts of VI.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) (2334) (2335) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m), twinskenny(m), gentlesoul83(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.