Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,583 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2330) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4370828 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:11am On Jul 18, 2021
TEQ365VENTURES:
Good afternoon to all professional builders in the house. I’ve been following this thread silently for some time and I must confess it has really helped Novice like me to know things about building.

My architect just finished drawing a 4 beds duplex plan for me and I would like professionals in the house to help me Go through it and identify any error if there is any. Thanks

Land size: 50x44 feet

The plan is fine.

Guess you wanted a 4 bedroom.

Personally I would consider using the smallest bedroom upstairs as a living room. So that the family can actually do family stuff without having to go downstairs..

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TEQ365VENTURES(m): 1:47am On Jul 18, 2021
UC92:

Boss, your design is functional.
You just need minor additions here.
1. Make The door linking the ante room to the living area a double door (4ft) instead of the single door you have there.
2. Introduce 1 or 2 windows on the blank wall of your living area for cross ventilation
3. Introduce a window on the blank wall of your kitchen for cross ventilation.
Congratulations boss.
Thanks sir!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TEQ365VENTURES(m): 1:47am On Jul 18, 2021
KolaShangOne:

The plan is fine.

Guess you wanted a 4 bedroom.

Personally I would consider using the smallest bedroom upstairs as a living room. So that the family can actually do family stuff without having to go downstairs..
Yes four bedrooms, thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 2:41am On Jul 18, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 3:52am On Jul 18, 2021
TEQ365VENTURES:
Good afternoon to all professional builders in the house. I’ve been following this thread silently for some time and I must confess it has really helped Novice like me to know things about building.

My architect just finished drawing a 4 beds duplex plan for me and I would like professionals in the house to help me Go through it and identify any error if there is any. Thanks

Nice plan to me I love it.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 6:07am On Jul 18, 2021
TEQ365VENTURES:

Good design, your arch really utilized the space very well.
But for you to have a good usage of the space on ground floor ask him to work on this areas

1. The entrance ante room door 4ft , the bigger side of the door 3ft should be in left side of the entrance and the 1ft side to be in entrance of the sittingroom area , if not the bigger side of the door will create a problem while using it.(CHECK THE BLUE CIRCLE MARK

2. Let the stair wall align with the dining wall to have straight grid line on that BLUE CIRCLE MARK .

3 .The toilet under the stair should be well arrange when doing the mech drawing if not there will be a serious problem of headroom height in part of the stir while using it, also let the toilet door open inward the room against inward the toilet as you have it there. ... BLUE CIRCLE

4. Your kitchen store is JUST TOO NARROW at 700mm (just 2.3ft) it will be useless in usage it’s better to reduce from the room size there and add such to the kitchen in other to have good usage store. This is not mini flat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nosa111(m): 9:13am On Jul 18, 2021
I need answers oo please
Nosa111:
Good evening house!
Please who knows the current price for a trailer load of 3/4 granite for lintel ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaleye2real(m): 9:13am On Jul 18, 2021
We are here for served u better , any kind of plumbing job , piping, installation, biodesgest ... With affordable price and quality job deliver..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Erums(m): 9:26am On Jul 18, 2021
Building experts.. Welldone sirs

Please help me out

What is best..

I have just past the lintel stage of my semi detached 3/2bedroom bungalow... What amount of block coach is best before parapet.... Mind you I intend doing precast and quotes are welcomed.

So whats best... 4in /3 outside before parapet or 3in/2outside before parapet?

Pls guide me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:41am On Jul 18, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by TEQ365VENTURES(m): 11:06am On Jul 18, 2021
rotecch77:

Good design, your arch really utilized the space very well.
But for you to have a good usage of the space on ground floor ask him to work on this areas

1. The entrance ante room door 4ft , the bigger side of the door 3ft should be in left side of the entrance and the 1ft side to be in entrance of the sittingroom area , if not the bigger side of the door will create a problem while using it.(CHECK THE BLUE CIRCLE MARK

2. Let the stair wall align with the dining wall to have straight grid line on that BLUE CIRCLE MARK .

3 .The toilet under the stair should be well arrange when doing the mech drawing if not there will be a serious problem of headroom height in part of the stir while using it, also let the toilet door open inward the room against inward the toilet as you have it there. ... BLUE CIRCLE

4. Your kitchen store is JUST TOO NARROW at 700mm (just 2.3ft) it will be useless in usage it’s better to reduce from the room size there and add such to the kitchen in other to have good usage store. This is not mini flat

Thanks for the observation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 1:14pm On Jul 18, 2021
Deka VRLA/GEl and Trojan VRLA/AGM BATTERIES!!!

DEKA 12v 210ah (VRLA GEL):
Voltage: 12V
20 HR rate : 183AH
Capacity at C/100: 210ah
Plate alloy: Lead Calcium
Container/Cover: Polypropylene
Operating Temp range: -60°C - 60°C
Vent: Self Sealing
Electrolyte: Sulfuric acid thixotropic Gel
Price:220k

TROJAN 12V 205ah (VRLA AGM):
Voltage: 12V
20 HR rate: 210ah .
Maximum Charge Current : 20% of C20
Operating Temp range: -20°C - 50°C
Material: polypropylene
Battery: VRLA/AGM/Non- Spillable/maintenance free
Price:225k

SmartcellNuggets: The primary means of energy generation is going to solar. It will at least be a plurality, and probably be a slight majority in the long term.  - "Elon Musk"

Contact,
Smartcell global services
081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 1:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
iammarvellux:

Once you make your first deposit from 100k and above you will get our free umbrella and the promo gifts INSTANTLY sir. Call or WhatsApp me on 2348038781738

So Once I deposit #100K i get Ram , Rice & groundnut oil?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:19pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kentucky404:

Easier said than done

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Erums(m): 1:51pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hajj
Next
Spyder

Abegg na

Erums:

Please help me out

What is best..

I have just past the lintel stage of my semi detached 3/2bedroom bungalow... What amount of block coach is best before parapet.... Mind you I intend doing precast and quotes are welcomed.

Pls guide me

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 2:15pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kentucky404:

The promo has ended sir, then N100k it's for 25kg rice..
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 2:16pm On Jul 18, 2021
Hum2020:
Good plan but the gen house should be at back while security house come front
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 2:17pm On Jul 18, 2021
topsy23:

Easier said than done
The promo is over sir..in ZYLUS HOME AND PROPERTY LIMITED, We mean everything we say to you. Our promises are delivered.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2021
Erums:

Please help me out

What is best..

Pls guide me

Both options will work, depending on how high you want your headroom to be. But most people will do 4 in 3 out for bungalows.

Please ensure that they type of lintels you did can bear the weight of 4 additional blocks for the inner walls, and 3 blocks plus parapet on the outside walls, ensure also that your columns are adequate, and that your parapet beams are chained. If in doubt, find a nearby professional to come and look things up and possibly make corrections just before you cast the lintels.

Happy weekend everyone.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MrOkenwa(m): 2:50pm On Jul 18, 2021
I’m planning to modify the sizes of the windows on my ongoing build, and possibly create new windows.
Can this affect the structural integrity of the build?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2021
topsy23:

Easier said than done

grin cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2021
A little story to spice up the weekend, and to thank God for his enduring mercy and protection he gives us. It's not by our power.

https://www.nairaland.com/6447302/behind-scenes-building-industry-collection/4#103837091
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:29pm On Jul 18, 2021
iammarvellux:

The promo is over sir..in ZYLUS HOME AND PROPERTY LIMITED, We mean everything we say to you. Our promises are delivered.

Ok grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 4:30pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kentucky404:

grin cheesy

Na so now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 5:11pm On Jul 18, 2021
walexProjects:

The Gen house though,it can be moved to the back due to noise.

Hello OGa TEQ365VENTURES,hope you are doing well,
I'm Adewale an M&E engineer.
I specialize in the design of Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing services for any project.
For your Project,I believe I can offer my service in the design of M&E Services for this building.

Thanks in anticipation of your kind response.
Have sent you an email or you can send send a message to me on Whatsapp.

Well done my brother!

*Shoot your shot*

I like to see Determined Lads shoot their shot at a good sight of opportunity.

I love the way you 'sell yourself' cool

Good one, you shoot your shot well. cool

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2021
I bumped into this thread on biodigester installation and I remembered there was a debate on the topic sometimes last week or so. You can follow the thread in case you are interested...

https://www.nairaland.com/6653415/construction-biodigester-system-soakaway-ijebu
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by cash1115(m): 5:38pm On Jul 18, 2021
We, at His Grace Interior and Exterior Decoration, always have the interest of our clients at heart. Therefore, in a bid to relieve you and make it easier for you to complete your project this year, we're giving you 20% discount on all projects handled by us.
This is not only for our existing clients, it is also opened to new customers.
With this months discount, you can get your p.o.p ceiling installed witout breaking the bank.
Contact us while offer last, for durable and pocket friendly service.
Reach us on +2347069462837 or at hisgraceinteriors@gmail.com
Or visit our website on our signature

N.B: Terms and Conditions applied
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by opes: 5:41pm On Jul 18, 2021
MrOkenwa:
I’m planning to modify the sizes of the windows on my ongoing build, and possibly create new windows.
Can this affect the structural integrity of the build?

What sizes are you modifying to?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:49pm On Jul 18, 2021
Beframia:
I bumped into this thread on biodigester installation and I remembered there was a debate on the topic sometimes last week or so. You can follow the thread in case you are interested...

https://www.nairaland.com/6653415/construction-biodigester-system-soakaway-ijebu

Thanks for sharing.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:46pm On Jul 18, 2021
Overhyped Lagos | Zero Planning

1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:53pm On Jul 18, 2021
n3xt:
Overhyped Lagos | Zero Planning

These are not recent
These are old images
That bustop post is no longer there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 7:13pm On Jul 18, 2021
Kentucky404:

Well done my brother!

*Shoot your shot*

I like to see Determined Lads shoot their shot at a good sight of opportunity.

I love the way you 'sell yourself' cool
Thanks sir
Good one, you shoot your shot well. cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (2327) (2328) (2329) (2330) (2331) (2332) (2333) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Rany4all(m), twinskenny(m), kkonsults and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.