Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:48 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2395) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4371944 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2392) (2393) (2394) (2395) (2396) (2397) (2398) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2021
jabolo:
Compare:

"I think the cost is too high"

vs

"The cost is too high, jor"

The first reflects your opinion/experience leaving room that you may be wrong and even willing to be corrected.

The second shuts down conversation, inviting gbas gbos...

This thread will be more useful if we learn to communicate better, accounting for the impersonal nature of typing stuff online. Most of the recent discourse has resulted in unfortunate generalizations.

Good day all.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:59pm On Aug 20, 2021
n3xt:

I wait your intelligent missive with bated breath grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Frameless window
How much is this?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by olaolu11(m): 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2021
Pls how many bags of cement will set 450 9×9×18 blocks and 400 6×9×18 blocks? Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 7:50pm On Aug 20, 2021
bobkezel:

How much is this?
Good evening boss
Which size of the window, and with burglary or without burglary?
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:00pm On Aug 20, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Good evening boss
Thanks

Walahi, the frameless windows is the dogs bollocks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ngBuild: 8:07pm On Aug 20, 2021
Need an architect, am here, 3d design, detailed working drawings

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:11pm On Aug 20, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Walahi, the frameless windows is the dogs bollocks.

Very eye catching.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 8:50pm On Aug 20, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Sorry for this unsolicited response.

If you like frameless windows please pursue and don’t let price deter you. Continue your due diligence.

I’m having some pangs of regret[b] for not doing Gerard (sp) roofing tiles.[/b] I know at some point Money121 will have to come and help me do his thing on my house.

Good luck on your project Sir.

PS: I don’t make or sell windows and don’t need to know how to make it o grin
I knew one day you will make this statement

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:23pm On Aug 20, 2021
erico2k2:

I knew one day you will make this statement

My brother from another mother we don dey for this streets for a minute grin

A lot of lessons learned. Remember when we were going to show Oga Spyder880 how it’s done? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:40pm On Aug 20, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

My brother from another mother we don dey for this streets for a minute grin

A lot of lessons learned. Remember when we were going to show Oga Spyder880 how it’s done? cheesy
I know ahahah,btw, Im still waiting for the crane ohhh grin grin grin
Im jst making my casement window now will install them once I get to 9ja a few weeks frm now

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 9:44pm On Aug 20, 2021
It is so true that a teacher’s reward is in heaven.
While the student had advanced to building mansions and shopping malls for self and clients, the teacher is still stuck and snooping around for ideas on how to build a bungalow.
This life no balance!

Some people just like to shiit where the grasses are taller than them
#Humbled

14 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:48pm On Aug 20, 2021
erico2k2:

Im jst making my casement window now will install them once I get to 9ja a few weeks frm now

Good luck on your project. It’s been an interesting ride. I know a lot of folks that were building with us at the same time had finished a long time ago. Hope everyone is happy with the end of the building journey.

Gods time is the best.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 9:49pm On Aug 20, 2021
ngBuild:
Need an architect, am here, 3d design, detailed working drawings

You can get in touch with us for your detail MEP design and installation

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:23pm On Aug 20, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Good luck on your project. It’s been an interesting ride. I know a lot of folks that were building with us at the same time had finished a long time ago. Hope everyone is happy with the end of the building journey.

Gods time is the best.
yes oh, we shall all get there

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Naijapal: 12:07am On Aug 21, 2021
gbadexy:
In other news, in a bid to give premium finish to houses, I've invested in tools as advised severally for business owners by our erudite contributors here.
We can apply primer to smoothen a plaster surface with electric paint spraying machine.
We have electric wall sanders to give smooth finish and we apply premium emulsion, matte and satin with spraying machines to give a very smooth finish that only spraying could give.
Here is a link to the thread with the facebook link to the video demonstration:

https://www.nairaland.com/6710667/spray-application-primer-wall-paints

Well done boss. Nothing can be compared to automation. Now you can focus more in getting deals instead of on how the work will be done.

TMT post at https://www.kobocity.com/blog/235-top-5-artificial-intelligence-applications-in-construction is closely related.

Someday I'll be able to afford your service.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Zeetec(m): 12:59am On Aug 21, 2021
erico2k2:

oga mi i hail o. When you come back naija if you need bathroom installations(jacuzzi, shower cubicle, steam and the like) at a pocket friendly price i dey

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 5:04am On Aug 21, 2021
Naijapal:

Well done boss. Nothing can be compared to automation. Now you can focus more in getting deals instead of on how the work will be done.

TMT post at https://www.kobocity.com/blog/235-top-5-artificial-intelligence-applications-in-construction is closely related.

Someday I'll be able to afford your service.
My products and services are tailored to meet the needs of kobo kobo projects sir. We are reasonable and affordable.
I will definitely be more active on kobocity.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Rexology: 6:50am On Aug 21, 2021
If I eventually finish this building, i will rest for a long time before thinking of starting another one. The present cost of building material is killing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:24am On Aug 21, 2021
Rexology:
If I eventually finish this building, i will rest for a long time before thinking of starting another one. The present cost of building material is killing.

You’ll finish by the grace of God and in good health.

This issue of high cost hits almost every sector. My POP crew was complaining about price of beans this morning. The live on site so have to cook.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by luxedesign: 8:28am On Aug 21, 2021
We aim to provide a one-stop solution to all your engineering and authority approval needs in Abu Dhabi. Feel free to reach us anytime, we are always ready to assist you.
dubai municipality approvals
abu dhabi municipality approvals
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 9:01am On Aug 21, 2021
gbadexy:
In other news, in a bid to give premium finish to houses, I've invested in tools as advised severally for business owners by our erudite contributors here.
We can apply primer to smoothen a plaster surface with electric paint spraying machine.
We have electric wall sanders to give smooth finish and we apply premium emulsion, matte and satin with spraying machines to give a very smooth finish that only spraying could give.
Here is a link to the thread with the facebook link to the video demonstration:

https://www.nairaland.com/6710667/spray-application-primer-wall-paints

I have been reading mostly good things about you and your paint , will consider you for a project still under construction . Using Dulux for a current job , wont say I have been wowed yet , maybe when completed and the paint job last for 7 years I will reconsider grin

What’s your background in the paint industry if you don’t mind .thanks

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 9:37am On Aug 21, 2021
rmx:

I have been reading mostly good things about you and your paint , will consider you for a project still under construction . Using Dulux for a current job , wont say I have been wowed yet , maybe when completed and the paint job last for 7 years I will reconsider grin

What’s your background in the paint industry if you don’t mind .thanks
I started with fire retardant paint production through partnership with foreign companies and they gave me the necessary technical support.
I had formulation for different types of paints and when intercolor was among the very few supplying basecoat which they import then, I was already producing and supplying basecoat.
I met and discussed with some well known paint brands to partner but it didn't work out and when the demand for the fire retardant paint was low, I switched to regular paint since the materials are mostly the same without the active components.
I got some former workers from paint companies to help produce with my formulations and tried local sourcing of materials.
When I started producing satin paint over a decade ago, most of the budget range paint companies don't produce them. Only the big brands and agents importing the american brands. That was how I got to have my satin and eggshell substituted and later replaced with the foreign products by a marketer of the company importing them to her network base.
I produced for N2500 per gallon she later convinced her clients her brand is equally as good at slightly lower price and they have been using it for sometime already. A gallon of behr, benjamin Moore and ralp Lauren they sell was N8000 per gallon then.
I think I could say I was foreign trained and my biochemistry background helped to some extent.
I could still formulate paints with uncommon features in Nigeria market.
I bet you don't get to see wax based water repellant paint in the market.

21 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 10:10am On Aug 21, 2021
gbadexy:

I started with fire retardant paint production through partner with foreign companies and they gave me the necessary technical support.
I had formulation for different types of paints and when intercolor was among the very few supplying basecoat which they import then, I was already producing and supplying basecoat.
I met and discussed with some well known paint brands to partner but it didn't work out and when the demand for the fire retardant paint was low, I switched to regular paint since the materials are mostly the same without the active components.
I got some former workers from paint companies to help produce with my formulations and tried local sourcing of materials.
When I started producing satin paint over a decade ago, most of the budget range paint companies don't produce them. Only the big brands and agents importing the american brands. That was how I got to have my satin and eggshell substituted and later replaced with the foreign products by a marketer of the company importing them to her network base.
I produced for N2500 per gallon she later convinced her clients her brand is equally as good at slightly lower price and they have been using it for sometime already. A gallon of behr, benjamin Moore and ralp Lauren they sell was N8000 per gallon then.
I think I could say I was foreign trained and my biochemistry background helped to some extent.
I could still formulate paints with uncommon features in Nigeria market.
I bet you don't get to see wax based water repellant paint in the market.

Fantastic .

Will reach out when ready

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 10:16am On Aug 21, 2021
rmx:

Fantastic .

Will reach out when ready
Alright sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 10:30am On Aug 21, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Good evening boss
Thanks
Without burglary
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mykel51(m): 11:09am On Aug 21, 2021
Hello Engrs

I have a proposed building with a span of about 50m, a terrace building containing six units of flats. The proposed foundation system is raft beam with wide strip. What is the best way to introduce an expansion joint in the structure ?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naijacreativeha(f): 11:43am On Aug 21, 2021
I am a quantity surveyor and a n interior decorator with over 9 years experience in construction, you can call me or whatsapp me on 09036346989.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by theshadyexpress(m): 12:17pm On Aug 21, 2021
Acres and Plots of Land for sale in ikorodu

Land specifications:
- Located at the entry to Ikorodu from mile 12 and Exit from Ikorodu from Agric B/Stop
- Virgin Semi marshy land
- Same community with new Lagos high court (under construction)
- 1km from JustRite superstores
- 200m from the main road (Ikorodu Rd)
- 12km from mile 12 market
- 5km from Ikorodu Lighter Terminal
- close proximity to BRT Terminal and Busy Bus Park
- Close Proximity to Jetty and ferry terminal
- Good Access Rd
- Fast Developing community with several new estates and housing constructions (completed and semi completed)
- Heavy Discount for Developers buying in acres
- Rapid Value Appreciation (was N1.5m last year)

Suitability:
- Warehouses (Mega or Medium)
- Factories
- Residential Housing
- Housing estate development
PRICE: N4.5M/PLOT (Asking Price)
DOCUMENT: DEED OF ASSIGNMENT

Call or WhatsApp: 07031445801
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 1:46pm On Aug 21, 2021
Mykel51:
Hello Engrs

I have a proposed building with a span of about 50m, a terrace building containing six units of flats. The proposed foundation system is raft beam with wide strip. What is the best way to introduce an expansion joint in the structure ?

That's a very big project

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bakin3(m): 2:41pm On Aug 21, 2021
Bio Digester Toilet system. It's an improved technology in the treatment and management of human waste and wastewater. This system effectively takes away all challenges that are associated with the conventional form of waste management.

Once you have it in place,

✔you no longer call trucks to come evacuate human waste,

✔No odour

✔it doesn't attract flies or crokroaches,

✔just a small space is needed for it,

✔it's eco-friendly

✔and doesn't contaminate the groundwater

(1) (2) (3) ... (2392) (2393) (2394) (2395) (2396) (2397) (2398) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: psychologist(m), muhds1 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.