Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,048 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2397) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4380410 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2394) (2395) (2396) (2397) (2398) (2399) (2400) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 4:24am On Aug 22, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:

1000 x 1900-62k
Thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 5:04am On Aug 22, 2021
Happy Sunday to all and sundry from us at OAKGroup
+2348108408732
oakgroupdesigns@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gandkiss: 6:09am On Aug 22, 2021
Good morning Tilers in the house, please how many cartons of 40*40 tiles will cover a 12 by 12 room, with skirting.
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mykel51(m): 7:30am On Aug 22, 2021
yungmin:

I've attached a screenshot for quick reference

Thanks so much. I just read the report now. I be reached out to you on WhatsApp.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KIDfurniture(m): 7:35am On Aug 22, 2021
Rock of ages plz give me best price

900 x 1500 =5
900 x 1200 =8
1000 x 970 = 2
600 x 1500 =4
600x 700 =1

Toilet window size = 5

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 8:02am On Aug 22, 2021
KIDfurniture:
Rock of ages plz give me best price

900 x 1500 =5
900 x 1200 =8
1000 x 970 = 2
600 x 1500 =4
600x 700 =1

Toilet window size = 5
Good morning boss
Casement window with burglary and net.
For each window
900 x 1500-44k
900 x 1200-33k
1000 x 970-30k
600 x 1500-35k
600 x 700-25k

Toilet door
750 x2100-25k
Thanks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by yungmin: 8:07am On Aug 22, 2021
[quote author=Mykel51 post=105050589]

Thanks so much. I just read the report now. I be reached out to you on WhatsApp.[/quote

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mykel51(m): 8:23am On Aug 22, 2021
yungmin:

You can delete now for privacy reasons, I be reached out already.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Zeetec(m): 8:24am On Aug 22, 2021
Happy sunday everyone from zenith home solutions

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Fisco123: 9:03am On Aug 22, 2021
Please base on my last post concerning our land..We reported to land grabber unit in alausa as advised and we have gotten an approval from Attorney General to go ahead but we were told to go to special operation unit where they have task force so they can arrest those omo onile involved and also demolish the fence they erected but the money they billed us for this is much..Kindly advise us on the next step to take once Attorney gives approval. Thanks for all your previous responses.

First, why are you building or trying to build, without doing a Survey? That is the first thing to do when you buy a land, (even if you are not yet ready to build), so that you have a record of your ownership lodged with the Govt (Land Registry).
- Can you access the land now, with a Surveyor? So you can begin the process of your Survey (be careful o, if these criminals go and do survey behind you, story may change)! Lawyers would tell you this phrase: The Law does not assist the indolent You cant leave such things undone and expect potection from the Law/Courts

I am thinking of how you can undercut these people troubling you because you have left a lot of things (that would have empowered you now) undone. Sorry, l am always frank and you might be offended by some of the things l say but l will still say it so you can be aware and be prepared.

- Did you have a recording of any sort (Audio) of what happened at the Police Station? Evidence of any sort, is what wins disputes, if you are not the 'heavy-handed' type. Keep as much evidence as possible and let them talk and talk, the more they talk, the more they will commit themselves.
- Who went to report at the station, you or them? I will assume it is you.

- Do you have a Lawyer at present, if Yes, was he present with you at the Station? Can you get one along anytime you go to the station?
- Going to Alausa right now, will require more than just 'Sales Reciept', less it turns the case in their favour!

- Can you go to the Sales woman and Draw up a "Deed of Sale" with her (It is like an Agreement of Sale, stating that the land is free of any encumberance. You dont need a Lawyer to do that).
You should take this 'Deed of Sale' to the Court house and get it stamp-dutied, you will be required to pay some duty-fee.. (We are trying to prepare a case-file here), The Survey, the Deed of Sale with Stamp-duty paid to Govt, will make it a legal Document presentable and acceptable in Court.
- The Police are NEVER to be trusted but reporting to them, as the first line of Civil Authority on ground is good. They will try to make money off you, while teaching the Land grabbers what to do. They are just back-up, they cant and wont resolve this for you. dont waste too much time on them, after reporting the Touts, you've covered your back already, as the Complainant.

- If you enter the land, what happens? Would the Thugs come to harras you or stop your work?
- I think right now, they are trying to look for a buyer for your land and you need to act fast! What they do in such case is to sell it to a 'stronger person' (Like a top military officer, at a cheap price) and then leave you to fight that person. grin undecided
- Are you ready to fight back, depending on your kind of person? These Land grabbers dont understand "Reason or Logic", they only understand Force.

- If you are REALLY READY to get your land back, please commence the Survey and act on the Deed fo Sale, as quickly as possible.
- Then when the Survey is in Process, and the Deed fo Sale is in your hand, (with the Reciept of Sale from Baale and from your own direct Seller), you will need Soldiers to accompany you there, the day you will break ground.
You will need them for about three or four consecutive days. During thatperiod, you will take full ownership and secure the place to your comfort

- They will provide security for your workers and your person. If any land grabber comes around, he should be thoroughly drilled before being released. Police will be very careful to intervene in matters of Land involving the Military.
- Good thing is you already have their case at the Station and you know your 'opponent'. Incase they come damage your build in the night, you know who to look for and arrest. There are somethings l dont even want to say here sef. Maybe you will send me a P.M, if you wish.

If l may ask, why are you doing this on your own, l think your husband should be in the forefront of this kind of trouble, it is not something l would want to subject a woman alone to (no matter how capable). At the very least, you need a man to also accompany you here and there, even if it is just to boost morale. grin But that is just by the way,
Land Tussle is a matter of Life and Death in some cases and should not be taken lightly, if you cannot forgo the land to the Land grabbers because they are Thugs and criminals and should not be underestimated.
Be Strong.

Lastpage!

[/quote]

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:11am On Aug 22, 2021
We are still available for your pop project

We are currently in ibadan…

Check project thread

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/25#105052612
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Zeetec(m): 9:16am On Aug 22, 2021
Advantages Of Shower Cubicles.
Shower Cubicle is one of the bathroom accessories that comes with its Beauty in a Bathroom Setting. Popularly called shower enclosure, it is designed to contain water within the showering area, normally in a bathroom.

Apart from the Decorative Use of Shower Cubicle or Shower Enclosure, there are benefits and advantages of shower Cubicles in the Bathroom. They are :

1. Low cost of Maintenance

2. A Spacious-Look kind of Bathroom

3. It is Safe

4. Value and Beauty to your home
Low Cost Of Maintenance: One of the main advantages of Shower Cubicle is the fact that they are very affordable to maintain. They are easy to clean because there is no hiding place for dirt and very durable. The chances of build-up dirt are rare. If well installed by a good Installer, they require very few repairs.

2. Make the Bathroom Look Spacious: Another Interesting about Shower Cubicle is how spacious it can make your small bathroom look like. No matter the size of your bathroom, if you have a small bathroom, a shower cubicle is advisable to make it space look bigger and more spacious. This will allow Fresh air in your space

3. Safe: Talking about the advantages of shower cubicles, the ‘safe part’ can’t be left out. Shower Cubicle is safe for bathroom use. Instead of tiles, the walk-in shower surface makes it completely safe from any type of bathroom accident on the tiles. The walk-in shower surface drains water quickly. This reduces water on the floor and less clean up required after your shower.

At Zenith home solutions we help replace the showering are we fix standard shower cubicles. 07038672599

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 11:43am On Aug 22, 2021
Happy Sunday to you all... For your Structural Engineering drawings.. with COREN Stamp and Seal... call or watsapp.. 0703272894one....

ONALEK ENGR. SERVICES NIG. LTD
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 11:54am On Aug 22, 2021
Mykel51:

But the length of the building is more than 30m, why don't I need an expansion joint ?

The rule of thumb is to introduce expansion joint at every 30meters length of structures... But to be on the safe side....
Share the design here so we the proffesionals can advice you accordingly... the position of the expansion joint is located based on the design...

ONALEK ENGR. SERVICES NIG LTD

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Greenarrow01(m): 12:25pm On Aug 22, 2021
@n3xt abeg how much should one budget to fence an acre of land
Kobokobo project

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by soonest(f): 1:45pm On Aug 22, 2021
gandkiss:
Good morning Tilers in the house, please how many cartons of 40*40 tiles will cover a 12 by 12 room, with skirting.
Thanks
About 9 cartons.
I'm not a tiler, just from calculation i used in my build.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Abolarin91(m): 1:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
Happy Sunday to everyone here...
Bolbaz home tech.(RC:3077408) is readily available for your security fence services, panel mesh fence(see-through fence) and the likes. Kindly go through my signature for more information, samples of work and contact.

Blessed week ahead.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 2:23pm On Aug 22, 2021
@Lastpage,
Chief with the inks, please I need to reach you on some urgent issues at hand.
Please can I link up
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 3:52pm On Aug 22, 2021
Good Afternoon People,

Pleas your advise. I want to construct a brick tank stand such that it looks like a room. it will be 6ft x 6ft. for the columns, can 12mm iron be adequate to take the weight of a 2000 litres tank? the height of the stand is proposed to be a total of 16 courses.

kindly assist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 5:53pm On Aug 22, 2021
gbadexy:

You can't sandpaper the external plaster except you want to prime or screed before you sandpaper it.

We sand paper here and it comes out nice
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by gbadexy(m): 6:02pm On Aug 22, 2021
Jasobry:

We sand paper here and it comes out nice
That's a new one sir. I've thought about it and wanted to get a concrete polisher/ grinder but I later felt it would affect the integrity of the plaster.
I will have to try it with a drywall sander and see though.
In any case, I would suggest a stabilising solution on it before painting or a good primer with sufficient binder.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:05pm On Aug 22, 2021
Greenarrow01:
@n3xt abeg how much should one budget to fence an acre of land
Kobokobo project

Your location?

A site survey would be required though.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by iammarvellux(m): 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2021
*SELLING PRICE*
Our flexible payment plan allows you to spread your payment for up to 12 months, you are assured this is the home you have always wanted.

3-BEDROOM BUNGALOW (Finished) (All inclusive)
Promo price - ₦26,500,000

300Sqm - ₦4,000,000
500Sqm - ₦6,600,000
600Sqm - ₦8,000,000

FEATURES
• Serene environment
• Top-notch 24-hour security
• Good drainage system
• Solar-powered streetlights
• Stable Electricity
• Perimeter fencing
• Management Office Building
• Recreational Facilities
• Security Gatehouse and so much more!

Contact 2348038781738 to book an inspection today.

Click my YouTube channel link below to see the video of the property and remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnoH0iQsGrQ

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 7:52pm On Aug 22, 2021
Muyi002:
Good Afternoon People,

Pleas your advise. I want to construct a brick tank stand such that it looks like a room. it will be 6ft x 6ft. for the columns, can 12mm iron be adequate to take the weight of a 2000 litres tank? the height of the stand is proposed to be a total of 16 courses.

kindly assist.

Although the width is short but for betterment sake, use 16mm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ownahome: 8:19pm On Aug 22, 2021
Properties in Nigeria
Properties in Lagos
Properties in Abuja
Properties in Portharcourt
Visit Ownahome today if you want to own a property

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 9:47pm On Aug 22, 2021
theshadyexpress:
Acres and Plots of Land for sale in ikorodu

Land specifications:
- Located at the entry to Ikorodu from mile 12 and Exit from Ikorodu from Agric B/Stop
- Virgin Semi marshy land
- Same community with new Lagos high court (under construction)
- 1km from JustRite superstores
- 200m from the main road (Ikorodu Rd)
- 12km from mile 12 market
- 5km from Ikorodu Lighter Terminal
- close proximity to BRT Terminal and Busy Bus Park
- Close Proximity to Jetty and ferry terminal
- Good Access Rd
- Fast Developing community with several new estates and housing constructions (completed and semi completed)
- Heavy Discount for Developers buying in acres
- Rapid Value Appreciation (was N1.5m last year)

Suitability:
- Warehouses (Mega or Medium)
- Factories
- Residential Housing
- Housing estate development
PRICE: N4.5M/PLOT (Asking Price)
DOCUMENT: DEED OF ASSIGNMENT

Call or WhatsApp: 07031445801

Ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 9:51pm On Aug 22, 2021
Good evening house. For your Quality at affordable price Paint, for the best of Acrylic Emulsion, Premium Quality Value paints Product for Schools, Hotels, Offices, Hospital and Houses. Don't go far. Get your quality Paints directly from the Company.
Contact-: Mr NASS.
Coporate Sales Excecutive VALUE PAINTS AND BUFFALO PAINTS.
0163862804. Calls and WhatsApp.
A trial will convince you.
Have a productive week ahead.
https://www.nairaland.com/6626105/value-paints-value-plus
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:59am On Aug 23, 2021
megacontrol:
Great.
When do you anticipate you will be delivering those?

The job(s) is/are still far off, at least a couple of weeks. Just trying to plan ahead.

Well done.

good morning sir. I'm currently in Lagos and can check out your site by Tuesday.

Good morning and stay safe
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Aforxzy(f): 8:30am On Aug 23, 2021
We were told 30m.
Even though the postion for an expansion depends on material, shape and temperature change and can be calculated from your attached graph.

I've attached a screenshot for quick reference[/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:54am On Aug 23, 2021
The 30m requirement is not a Nigerian thing. Check IS 3414 code, it specifically mentioned 30m, although newer research has nullified it.

Regardless, expansion and contraction causes stress and the longer the building so the stress.

________

How do I know?

I once did a 53m long multipurpose building and we had to introduce expansion joint to relieve the anticipated stress on the building.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:44am On Aug 23, 2021
Plain white gloss Spanish tiles available
30by60(blessedsunny2)
WhatsApp:09077504287,07062955047

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 11:26am On Aug 23, 2021
gandkiss:
Thanks

7 cartons should do.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2394) (2395) (2396) (2397) (2398) (2399) (2400) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.