Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,272 members, 7,811,802 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:55 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4374364 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2446) (2447) (2448) (2449) (2450) (2451) (2452) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 9:06am On Sep 09, 2021
kopell:
Hahaha. You are not serious, what happened with all other contracts you’re been cashing out before now lol.

Dangote, Dangote
Dangote still dey find money o
I no dey, I no dey
I no dey sleep on the money o
Who I be?
Who I be?
Wey make I no go find money o grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2021
spyder880:

Five years after installing this fanciful Turkey imported door in my village, it's still as good as new.

Covered porch thinz. Person wey no get money must have sense.

When I was going into my build, my dad adviced me to build a house that will not require maintenance in a very looooooooong time.

I did just that!

Some architects don’t know why we do what we do. Neither do most clients understand why we complain when we see some design flaws.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:08am On Sep 09, 2021
There are doors in the market o

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ceelog(m): 9:12am On Sep 09, 2021
Please restate it again with pictures, logistics and figures if you dont mind
Jasobry:

I have stated it here before, all my doors are solid timber from bakassi. With a good finish
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emeritus007: 9:13am On Sep 09, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Like i said earlier, Price of materials in your Location would determine.
Negotiate with the Person, Be Concerned with Quality of the Job.

Beat the Price down to ₦120 - 125K.

Okay, thank you very much
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:13am On Sep 09, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:14am On Sep 09, 2021
emeritus007:

Okay, thank you very much

You're welcome
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:14am On Sep 09, 2021
Have I ever told the story here, of the 17 foreign doors I bought and installed at a clients building site and the doors turned out to be, almost "tissue paper" ? grin grin grin

I think I have time for that today.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2021
spyder880:
There are doors in the market o
these doors are millions.

Like I said, foreign doors aren't made for everyone. If you can't afford it, simply source for locally made doors and specify what you need.

This thing goes for stainless rails. Nigerians just love recurrent expenditures. You will build and in less than five years, you have started maintenance of the same building. This singular act will extend your point of breaking even

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2021
spyder880:
Have I ever told the story here, of the 17 foreign doors I bought and installed at a clients building site and the doors turned out to be, almost "tissue paper" ? grin grin grin

First to book space.

Where’s my gift? grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:40am On Sep 09, 2021
n3xt:

First to book space.

Where’s my gift? grin

I am coming Sir, still looking for the pictures of the doors.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:44am On Sep 09, 2021
spyder880:

Boss contact dubem,he knows where i make my doors
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:48am On Sep 09, 2021
A client of mine wants internal wooden doors, I have been spending some time searching for near standard doors in our markets in Enugu to find what he needs. My search took me to the place we have all sorts of woods coming in in their thousands daily, the Timber market of Enugu.

Here, carpenters cut different wood and try to knock them together to make doors and other furniture, but their tools and skill are not usually up to par with some other bigger brands. But these guys have an edge, low cost. I am thinking that N80,000 can afford me a nice door here, together with good keys and thick frames.

I am working with some carpenters to get the very best I can find here.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:49am On Sep 09, 2021
Jasobry:

I spoke to Dubem yesterday, although on another issue. Can you share pictures of those doors so we can learn? Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2021
spyder880:

I spoke to Dubem yesterday, although on another issue. Can you share pictures of those doors so we can learn? Thanks.

Sit at home activated. Hopefully when next i visit my site
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:57am On Sep 09, 2021
This door is a 2" thick wooden door, joined together every 1 foot to form a thick door, usually very heavy. The maker joked that its comparable to bullet proof, lol grin I dont think its comparable to bullet proof but its surely tough.

What we're discussing was coating this thickness of solid wood with foreign coverings to make it more appealing to the eyes. He was talking about using paints, or varnish to coat the door as it is in the first picture, he wants the wood grain to be visible from the original wood.

Something like this..........

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 9:59am On Sep 09, 2021
Jasobry:

Sit at home activated. Hopefully when next i visit my site

We're all enjoying the holidays. grin

I am planning to cook some dishes for my children, they are arguing that Daddy doesn't know how to cook, because they haven't seen me in the kitchen. I will surprise them today grin

14 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:05am On Sep 09, 2021
And these are the frames we are planning to use for those locally made wooden doors for internal use. This is the 10 inch x 2 inch thick door frame.

Costs between N12,000 to N16,000 depending on the type of wood used.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:14am On Sep 09, 2021
Jasobry:

Please post the guy job so people can patronizing him. If he succeed In secured couple doors contract here, he will be able to put more food in his family table. When all of us do that couples of time The poverty numbers will be decreasing on daily basis. Oga waiting be these seat home thing again?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2021
This is a construction of wooden doors and frames, using different sizes and combinations of foreign plywood materials, especially HDF wood. These doors costs an average of N80,000. (Frames and architraves inclusive)

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:22am On Sep 09, 2021
We've also done things like these in the past, use a combination of local wooden door frames and door, coated with foreign plywood as shell, to deliver some internal doors in some of our past projects.

This offered my the flexibility I needed, to measure and install the accurate sizes of doors needed in each door space.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 10:26am On Sep 09, 2021
Thank you Oga sypder880, many people across the ocean don’t even know those doors can be locally produced with high-quality. We keep transferring our wealth on daily basis for people that have enough for themselves.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:33am On Sep 09, 2021
For those of us who's pockets are not as deep as Egunmogaji2 's own, there is some hope. We can always knock together these cheaper alternatives and still shut our doors at night, afterall, door na door grin

This particular door, frames, keys and handles, hinges, bolt and installation might be below N20,000. I use this normally on rented apartments, especially where high paying tenants are not the target.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:39am On Sep 09, 2021
What about our darling Chinese doors for internal spaces, many people still use them.

Average cost of door with frame, N38,000

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:45am On Sep 09, 2021
Local metal doors, well welded ones with different designs, sizes and colours, Michlins can tell us more about them. It's his own area of expertise.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hatesin: 10:50am On Sep 09, 2021
oduncojamaica:

Yes, I have similar issued b4, I used soligum,used sniper, diesel and everything, but the situation still persists, my carpenter ask me to buy another hard wood which was used to replace affected members and the one that can't be replaced we put another wood to support it rigidly. Just involved experience carpenter and they will change it.

Makes sense. I'm gonna try it out.
Thanks!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by spyder880(m): 10:55am On Sep 09, 2021
Internal wooden doors, imported, N80,000 with keys and handles. No frames.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 10:58am On Sep 09, 2021
Dubem has a thread dedicated to just doors ...

https://www.nairaland.com/6171148/tastefully-finished-trusted-wooden-doors

spyder880:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by diordaves(m): 10:59am On Sep 09, 2021
ceelog:
Please why are we not also discussing the use of HDF double sheet as hardwood alternative for internal room doors?
A handful of people use them and so far I have not heard any bad news.

What do you think guys? I use style dey consider am ooo

@diodarves
@Kolashangone
@next
@true2home
@Egunmogaji

I've never done HDF doors but I've seen good doors partly made of HDF. They work. However, follow Spyder's post on doors. He's got something about HDF there I think.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:21am On Sep 09, 2021
ceelog:
Please why are we not also discussing the use of HDF double sheet as hardwood alternative for internal room doors?
A handful of people use them and so far I have not heard any bad news.

What do you think guys? I use style dey consider am ooo

@diodarves
@Kolashangone
@next
@true2home
@Egunmogaji

HDF door are very good also, just make sure you sub-frame wood is perfectly done, then you are good to go.
See the attached pics of the resent one that i used for my new office,very heavy and strong
Total cost about 70k

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BIGGIE121(m): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2021
post=105639796:

Almost everyone is an advocate for pleasing the customer but what do we do when the customer is wrong? There’s no scope to address the range of what the customer can do wrong. Sometimes, the customer is wrong and can make honest mistakes. The customer can also plan to take evil intentioned steps for personal reasons. Here are a few steps to take when handling a badly behaved customer.

Remain Respectful

Don’t fall into the trap of using swear or abusive words. Don’t disrespect the customer. It’s important to note that other customers are watching. They will be on your side as long as you remain respectful.

Focus on the issue

Focus on the issue. Being respectful allows you to focus on the issue. The customer may try to change the conversation or bring in unnecessary events but stay on the issue.

Give the customer a voice

Let the customer have the opportunity to say their own side of the story. Listen with the goal to understand their side of the story and their perspective. They just might have a point you need to take note of.

Take respectful legal steps

In some cases, you may need the customer to leave your premises. Take such steps within the limits of the law. Ensure your steps are respectful and involve law enforcement if necessary. Insist that law enforcement remain respectful.

Finally, you don’t need the customer’s apology to move on. Once the issue has been resolved and the facts are in your favour. It’s important to be the bigger person and move on.

https://www.nairaland.com/6743488/4-tips-use-when-customer

Just felt like sharing this here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2021
Here are locally made hard wood door I used for a member here

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2446) (2447) (2448) (2449) (2450) (2451) (2452) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: SanniOluwafemi(m), bbfanboy01, CircleOfWilis and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.