Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4377240 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2455) (2456) (2457) (2458) (2459) (2460) (2461) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 6:40pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kentucky404:

Well done bro.

Just be honest ,Respectful & don't curse your potential clients.

Then you will go far.
go far where? With clients that ask how much he should give his engineer coz the engineer charged him 150k hahahaha. I was on phone with an engineer friend of mine the other day and i asked him when last he visited the thread his words where "nairaland with their alaroro, make i rest abeg". Back 2021 through 15 there was so much maturity on this platform, only god knows what happened, back when we logged in with asha 201, back when blackberry wasn't for small kids, back when you had to be really somebody to be online but now The son of a 90s ashawo that calls himself "chief whip of nairaland" thinks he can be important in a faceless forum. Hope its going well agba whip grin

Who do you like this bro grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 6:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kentucky404:

Oh... Our Architectural dog is still Backing

grin

Nairaland's Petty thief. #20K

the dog your mom sucked his dxxk hahaha, would love to have her again bru can you link me up please baba agba, i can do anything for that head baba grin

Those are my last jobs from nairaland, would have posted recent ones but they aren't online clients. How much person even dey see here wey e no go hear word, these kobo kobo designs someone is using to warm hand while waiting for real offline clients someone will still chop insult on top.
When last did anyone do a job here successfully without complains. Nairaland clients wahala hahaha if no be doors its borehole or window sills or mr egugu didnr install sliding gates like they do in UK grin cheesy

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:48pm On Sep 12, 2021
Johnadelaide00:
Pls what are the best ways to rid this dampness
Its on the internal walls too

Share the external pics of the same house. Let’s see the floor.

I’m currently helping someone to fix what normally cause such issue in his build.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 6:52pm On Sep 12, 2021
stanley000:
the dog your mom sucked his dxxk hahaha, would love to have her again bru can you link me up please baba agba, i can do anything for that head baba grin

Those are my last jobs from nairaland, would have posted recent ones but they aren't online clients. How much person even dey see here wey e no go hear word, these kobo kobo designs someone is using to warm hand while waiting for real offline clients someone will still chop insult on top.
When last did anyone do a job here successfully without complains. Nairaland clients wahala hahaha if no be doors its borehole or window sills or mr egugu didnr install sliding gates like they do in UK grin cheesy

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/2237#102268337

grin

All the guests must see this tongue

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:53pm On Sep 12, 2021
twinskenny:

That’s under obafemi owode local government.

I think you can visit opic before long bridge for clarification

Is there a local government bigger than Obafe Owode LG in Nigeria? grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Icecream4U(m): 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
Please, should I do the plastering of my bungalow before plumber work or it's plumber work before plastring?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 6:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
stanley000:

Stop the Bluff man.

Online rich Man.... Please shift cheesy

We know your Story joor.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2021
Talking about designs and experience bro have you seen my job, I'm too good. My structures is maaaaad bru, its jobs that's looking for me not the other way round. We were just too lucky to learn under real engineers and architects before we became independent. If you underpay me i will hold your job yes i do it. I can go as far as scaling the designs to a way you and your illiterate builder will get confused during setting out. Alaroro kee u dia, paying #20k for complete drawings, its like you were naked at your streets while typing that.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jiday4(m): 6:59pm On Sep 12, 2021
Mueeze:
Good Morning,

Where and how do I go about getting building permit in Ogun State. The property is around Warewa, just before Arepo on Lagos Ibadan Expressway.

Their office is at Wawa (warewa) , just ask any Okada man to take you to Ogun state urban and regional office 1, warewa opic estate , Wawa . Or call their official line 0803 957 1628 for directions
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
n3xt:

Is there a local government bigger than Obafe Owode LG in Nigeria? grin
lol I don’t think there is any o… yet no tangible developments
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 7:00pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kentucky404:

Stop the Bluff man.

We know your Story joor.
e no easy my brother hahaha, last i met yout mom i paid in coins baba, coins was still very much in vague. And she did it real good hahahaha
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2021
We are done with the first decking piping of this units.. moving to the next unit shortly.. adequate piping was provided for both low and high voltage need (electrical, Cctv, satellite tv, fire alarm and all)

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:04pm On Sep 12, 2021
ngBuild:

Looks cool, Weldone
thanks boss
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:13pm On Sep 12, 2021
Power of termites,

It doesn’t matter what method you choose to use but make sure you exterminate every form of termite on your property because their invasion can be deadly as Bleep.

See this project and how Termites ate through the whole roofing.

So bad that the PVC fell off from the woods

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 7:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kentucky404:

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/2237#102268337

grin

All the guests must see this tongue
chief whip het a job ohh, get a good job now, too much talk isn't what a man supposed to be. You talk too much and people like you are useless at family meetings grin. Build your life get married ans have kids, so you will have reasonable responsibilities instead of playing online investigator. Chip whip indeed hahaha
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 7:17pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kentucky404:

Stop the Bluff man.

We know your Story joor.
good thing about a good job and skill is that at a point in time even your enemy will patronize you when they are out of options. I could fxck your mom coz i am someone, ashawo no dey gree for useless person cheesy she do me well self, pls link me up, its been long i had an old woman, i have a fetish for rotten pcssys
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabberjawz: 7:44pm On Sep 12, 2021
stanley000:
that doesn't stop me from getting more jobs baba besides its just a 3bedrooms hahahaha

Somebody has been working hard to do some damage control....the scammer posted screenshot of transaction alert to what end, and to whom..?.....to prove a point......all these doesn't stop you from being a known scammer in this Nairaland.....& this will be my last reply to your senseless self..... angry

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ArcToyin(m): 7:50pm On Sep 12, 2021
Icecream4U:
Please, should I do the plastering of my bungalow before plumber work or it's plumber work before plastring?

Run the pipes first before plastering. Then install fittings after plastering and tiling

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:07pm On Sep 12, 2021
Born2conquer:
Power of termites,

It doesn’t matter what method you choose to use but make sure you exterminate every form of termite on your property because their invasion can be deadly as Bleep.

See this project and how Termites ate through the whole roofing.

So bad that the PVC fell off from the woods

So pathetic!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:09pm On Sep 12, 2021
Icecream4U:

Do all your pipe work and carry out pressure test before plastering.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2021
ngBuild:

The dampness is from the foundation, no damp proofing was done, either no damp proof membrane was installed at the junction where the wall connects with the foundation e fit be say you no even do German floor self, or the foundation height is same as the ground level, I will recommend you put tiles up to the height the dampness is showing, make it look like an interior decor, as water can't penetrate through tiles
Cc: brickdevo

Often times, the problem is not always lack of DPM in the foundation. DPM should always be applied on the likely wet side of a building.

Foundation Walls, DPC, Bath floor, Terraces...

_________

I’m currently helping a client to prevent damp issue arising from lateral pressure against his foundation wall.

_________
Tiles will only hide the problem. It won’t fix moisture issue.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ngBuild: 8:51pm On Sep 12, 2021
n3xt:

Often times, the problem is not always lack of DPM in the foundation. DPM should always be applied on the likely wet side of a building.

Foundation Walls, DPC, Bath floor, Terraces...

_________

I’m currently helping a client to prevent damp issue arising from lateral pressure against his foundation wall.

_________
Tiles will only hide the problem. It won’t fix moisture issue.
ok, I feel there is no barrier between the foundation and that wall, maybe is that kind of building the foundation wall runs straight to the roof, then they sand fill and pour concrete on top, so how do one fix it, I have always believed if it is not done properly during the foundation work it can't be fixed?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
ngBuild:
dpc rather not dpm, I feel there is no barrier between the foundation and that wall, maybe is that kind of building the foundation wall runs straight to the roof, then they sand fill and pour concrete on top, so how do one fix it, I have always believed if it is not done during the foundation work it can't be fixed?

I’m very I wont be able to share. This is not-so-me but I’m very sorry about this.

Here’s something I’d like to share though:

Regardless of your foundation design, water removal and control is of prime importance. When you do this, always remember that the treatment of your foundation beneath water table will always be different from how you handle issues above water table.

There’s no one-size-fit-all solution.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:12pm On Sep 12, 2021
Johnadelaide00:
Pls what are the best ways to rid this dampness
Its on the internal walls too
Haaa, the construction of the foundation is the issue.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
Icecream4U:
Na plumbing before plastering ooooo.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ngBuild: 9:15pm On Sep 12, 2021
n3xt:

I’m very I wont be able to share. This is not-so-me but I’m very sorry about this.

Here’s something I’d like to share though:

Regardless of your foundation design, water removal and control is of prime importance. When you do this, always remember that the treatment of your foundation beneath water table will always be different from how you handle issues above water table.

There’s no one-size-fit-all solution.
OK Its well
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Icecream4U(m): 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
ArcToyin:

Run the pipes first before plastering. Then install fittings after plastering and tiling
What is fittings?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Icecream4U(m): 9:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
Also, which sand is best for plastring?

Is it the white sand they call seme sand or sharp Sand mixed with normal plaster sand?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sako28: 9:55pm On Sep 12, 2021
n3xt:

Centurion D5 Evo is great for residential gates up to 300kg+ With 300 - 350k you should have one installed.

The chronoguard function if well configured would completely replace your gateman.
It automatically turn on and off your gate pillar/fence lights year round.

It also offer even more options which you can activate by buying add-on cards.

However your final choice depends on your gate type. Is it swing or sliding?

Ok sir,
I will go for that.
If you have pix or link to read more about it.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 10:05pm On Sep 12, 2021
Need marine boards for rent in PH.

Duration - 5 weeks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:57am On Sep 13, 2021
sako28:

Ok sir,
I will go for that.
If you have pix or link to read more about it.

Thanks

Here’s the link to the user manual:

https://saundersonsecurity.co.za/downloads/dl/file/id/113/product/21048/centurion_d5_evo_d10_gate_motors_user_manual.pdf
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabberjawz: 2:46am On Sep 13, 2021
n3xt:

Here’s the link to the user manual:

https://saundersonsecurity.co.za/downloads/dl/file/id/113/product/21048/centurion_d5_evo_d10_gate_motors_user_manual.pdf

Thanks for sharing this Boss.... Really helpful....smiley

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2455) (2456) (2457) (2458) (2459) (2460) (2461) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sonnie10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.