Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,478 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2457) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4376278 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2454) (2455) (2456) (2457) (2458) (2459) (2460) ... (3664) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 7:40am On Sep 12, 2021
oluwaleokey:
Hey guys
I don't know if I'm on the right thread
I want to read up on building a house from scratch...to enable me have a prior knowledge of the different stages.... first step till the last stage.

With the small fund I have been able to save, I wish to build a three bedroom flat on my land. What are the processes, yes I am aware I need the services of an engineer, builder etc but I equally wish to sound professional while engaging them before they deal with me lol

If here is not the right place, kindly recommend a thread...simply put...I want to save cost at any given opportunity
Many thanks guys

Good day sir. You are on the right thread.

Building projects usually runs in 3 stages or phases;
1. Stage one : Preliminary design/ sketch development/ preliminary or interim cost forecast. At this stage you have to think about what you requirements you want your build to satisfy. It is important that you involve an Architect at this stage to help tailor your needs to suit your purpose. At this stage most of the planning is done, if you fail to get things right at this stage the outcome may not be favorable.
NB. Do not proceed to the next stage if you have not taken care of this stage.
The deliverables you are expected to achieve at this stage includes, schematics of site layout showing set backs and access road, floor plans showing the flow of activities fenestration and furniture arrangements, 3D models showing different views.
Do not forget to post the schematics here for objective criticism.

2. Working drawing/production drawing and Tendering stage.
If stage one is satisfactorily completed, then the Architect, Engineers produce the needed drawings. Architectural, Structural, Electrical and Mechanical drawings. These makes up the contract/ tender documents, estimates to be submitted by any contractor will be based on this.
NB. Architectural deliverable is beyond the 8sheets of paper some folks presents as Architectural drawing. It should include but not limited to.
a. Site location plan showing the site from a landmark. Overlaying a Google map is preferable here.
b. Site plan showing the access road, North arrow, bounding features, space use analysis, setting out lines, proposed facilities, direction of site slope, contour readings if available, setbacks.
c. Floor plans showing the various spaces, spot heights, material specifications, dimensions of walls window doors beams columns, door and window codes, north arrow.
d. Sections
e. Elevations
f. Reflected ceiling plans
g. Roof framing plan
h. Roof covering plan
I. Details.
J. Door and window schedules.
k. Finishes schedule

3. Contract award and construction stage.
Here you award the contract and work with your team to actualize your dream.

Please do not forget to get building permits and settle your host community before kick off.

Good luck boss.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nachory: 8:00am On Sep 12, 2021
kopell:
I have a similar experience with my Lexus
CD audio player years ago. I’m about to order one from used junkyard in US that cost me $400 including shipments, when my friend had me taking to someone about it, luckily for me, am on my way to Matori to see his new printing company. It’s been over 13 years I’ve been to that location then, when I get to his office. We just drive ladipo am surprise when these guys rush to my car, one of them asked me what was the problem. I could not believe the guy fix the cd audio in less than 30 minutes and only charge 1k, my friend price it down to 850 naira I give the guy 2k for job well done. Imagine, that is what it could have cost me $400 that I won’t get done right away. Don’t let us underestimate those guys over there.
[/left]
[/quote]
[quote]
[left]

Nigerians are very resourceful & intelligent. To buttress your point, many years ago I had problem with the fuel pump of my Benz 190. I was broke & couldn't afford a new replacement. A friend suggested spare parts market at Agodi Gate. A young chap who never attended a high school REPAIRED the fuel pump. I used it for more than a year before I bought a new original fuel pump. Nigerians are ingenious!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:11am On Sep 12, 2021
Nachory:
[/left]
[left]

Nigerians are very resourceful & intelligent. To buttress your point, many years ago I had problem with the fuel pump of my Benz 190. I was broke & couldn't afford a new replacement. A friend suggested spare parts market at Agodi Gate. A young chap who never attended a high school REPAIRED the fuel pump. I used it for more than a year before I bought a new original fuel pump. Nigerians are ingenious!
Nigerian artisans and skilled workers might not posses the certificates, but we're doing well for ourselves with the little tools and training available to us

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mueeze(m): 9:40am On Sep 12, 2021
Good Morning,

Where and how do I go about getting building permit in Ogun State. The property is around Warewa, just before Arepo on Lagos Ibadan Expressway.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:47am On Sep 12, 2021
Mueeze:
Good Morning,

Where and how do I go about getting building permit in Ogun State. The property is around Warewa, just before Arepo on Lagos Ibadan Expressway.

That’s under obafemi owode local government.

I think you can visit opic before long bridge for clarification
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mueeze(m): 9:49am On Sep 12, 2021
twinskenny:

OK. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:30am On Sep 12, 2021
n3xt:

RHD - Right Hand Drive
LHD - Left Hand Drive

Thanks bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 10:36am On Sep 12, 2021
stanley000:
welcome sir. Dm me for a nice and budget friendly design. See one i just started today, not completed yet coz i was very busy. A good plan and design is a home 80% built already!!

Oh , The Fraudster is back again.

An Astute Curser.

@Oluwaleokey Beware of this Fraudster. Deal with him @ your own Peril.

Good Luck on your Project.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naijacreativeha(f): 10:41am On Sep 12, 2021
oluwaleokey:
Hey guys
I want to read up on building a house from scratch...to enable me have a prior knowledge of the different stages.... first step till the last stage.

With the small fund I have been able to save, I wish to build a three bedroom flat on my land. What are the processes, yes I am aware I need the services of an engineer, builder etc but I equally wish to sound professional while engaging them before they deal with me lol

If here is not the right place, kindly recommend a thread...simply put...I want to save cost at any given opportunity
Many thanks guys
I can give you a detailed estimate , with materials and labor needed at each stage so, you will have the total cost you need the build and the quantities of materials to buy and amount to pay labour. Just whatsapp me or call me on 09036346989
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by naijacreativeha(f): 10:43am On Sep 12, 2021
I am a quantity surveyor and a project manager , both I specialize in finishing , like pop, painting, tiling and so on. You can check my thread. Call or whatsapp me on 09036346989.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2021
twinskenny:

This advice is good…… no recommendation
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
We are available for any of the MEP projects, our designs & installations are detailed and affordable, reach out to Hubbab and Associates Ltd on 08144291141, 08121804548

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 1:14pm On Sep 12, 2021
oluwaleokey:
Hey guys

Many thanks guys
You are welcome
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 2:11pm On Sep 12, 2021
oluwaleokey:
Hey guys

Many thanks guys

In concurrence with @UC92.

I would highly recommend you take your time and review his write up with a heavy emphasis on step 1.

First, get on your drawing board, you know what you want, your family and financial situation and future plans.

Are you currently married, single with marriage in sight, single with marriage sometimes in the future?
Do you live outside the country and want to do something nice and pocket friendly for your folks?

What do you expect to see in the house? Do you work from home? Want to set up a home office, gym etc?

Do not underestimate your own design eyes..

Make sure the functionality of the house is what you crave, is what will work for you.

Do not design a house from the outside in, rather from the inside out.. you have to live inside the house and need to make sure the functionality of the inside will work for you.

You could by all means ask for the architects professional opinion but make sure your wants/needs/cravings/functionality of the house is not undermined in the process.

I have seen people build a house for their parents that the parents couldn't live in. Brah lives in Texas, wanted to bring Texas home and design a house similar to his, all bedrooms are upstairs and living room and kitchen downstairs. Guess what? His parents are in their late 70s and early 80s and wouldn't prefer climbing up and down the stairs.. bro had to soup up the boys quarter and that's where his parents live, the main house is rarely used.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 3:21pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kentucky404:

Oh , The Fraudster is back again.

An Astute Curser.

@Oluwaleokey Beware of this Fraudster. Deal with him @ your own Peril.

Good Luck on your Project.
since I'm back like i was hiding before why not WhatsApp me so we talk better and maybe meet one on one so you can have me arrested os is that not what you should have done al long time ago?

Some few ones have made this prop section their own personal tower of babel, no wonder most ppl don't bother posting here anymore.
Its just a few discussing windows and doors, i blame that on the mod anyway.

If i start bidding for 3 bedrooms bongalow that means i sinking.

baba WhatsApp me lets talk more useless and jobless online troll.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 3:24pm On Sep 12, 2021
jabberjawz:

Boss....no fall for this Stanley000 guy o....to maintain your sanity......read through the thread to avoid stories that touch....!!
and you are the one who is sane right grin , see this mistake of a child. Considering the time you wrote that comment, you must be be jobless and despite are needs one. Dm me lets see how i can fix you with one of my bricklayers grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 3:57pm On Sep 12, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:08pm On Sep 12, 2021
Please I ask that you my oga Dem follow me on this project that I'm currently working on. I'm trying to get as detailed as possible.

You can ask questions and learn a few things and teach me better ways to do something.

Happy Sunday to you all

https://www.nairaland.com/6737172/making-40ft-tank-stand-8

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 5:23pm On Sep 12, 2021
stanley000:
since I'm back like i was hiding before why not WhatsApp me so we talk better and maybe meet one on one so you can have me arrested os is that not what you should have done al long time ago?

Some few ones have made this prop section their own personal tower of babel, no wonder most ppl don't bother posting here anymore.
Its just a few discussing windows and doors, i blame that on the mod anyway.

If i start bidding for 3 bedrooms bongalow that means i sinking.

baba WhatsApp me lets talk more useless and jobless online troll.

Nigeria my country.
Imagine a small thief like @Stanley000 has the guts to quote me. You never change, you still bluffing. Lol

Link is here. So those that don't know you can get to know you better

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/2228#102175361

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 5:27pm On Sep 12, 2021
stanley000:
and you are the one who is sane right grin , see this mistake of a child. Considering the time you wrote that comment, you must be be jobless and despite are needs one. Dm me lets see how i can fix you with one of my bricklayers grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/2237#102268337

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ngBuild: 5:38pm On Sep 12, 2021
bolu1986:
Pop wall screeding tv walls.. call us

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/32#105745268
Looks cool, Weldone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ngBuild: 6:03pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kentucky404:

Nigeria my country.
Imagine a small thief like @Stanley000 has the guts to quote me. You never change, you still bluffing. Lol

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/2228#102175361
This is serious, may we not use this guys terrible encounter to judge others, my dealings are sincere and clean from LinkedIn, Upwork and here, i remain honest in my service delivery since it is how good you track record is will determine if you will get future projects cc: brickdevo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by wellheads(m): 6:10pm On Sep 12, 2021
Please where can I get used marine board for decking in Abuja? I need some to complete a job. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Johnadelaide00: 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2021
Pls what are the best ways to rid this dampness
Its on the internal walls too

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:25pm On Sep 12, 2021
Good evening Ya'all.

Kindly take your time & check my Thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/6534100/interior-design-project/2#105749655

We add values to our clients Project.....
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 6:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kentucky404:

Nigeria my country.

to you everyone else is small you run your mouth like a premature kid, eh everyone should leave prop section for you now. All day long all you do is talk, dig up stories back and forth hahahaha. You are so good at it i mean if i had that jobless talent I'm sure i will do well being a better liar coz obviously I'm not.
I know your type, you are always useless to uour family and community coz all you do is talk and throw blackmails around to make yourself feel useful. Men always take up their moms character so i can imagine the type of LovePeddler she must be to have a wasted entity like you. I am surr you are single coz you can't raise a family with this, prove me wrong, you kust be over 40 with no family or responsibilities and that's why you have all the time to dig up skeletons grin grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ngBuild: 6:26pm On Sep 12, 2021
Johnadelaide00:
Pls what are the best ways to rid this dampness
Its on the internal walls too
The dampness is from the foundation, no damp proofing was done, either no damp proof membrane was installed at the junction where the wall connects with the foundation e fit be say you no even do German floor self, or the foundation height is same as the ground level, I will recommend you put tiles up to the height the dampness is showing, make it look like an interior decor, as water can't penetrate through tiles
Cc: brickdevo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 6:28pm On Sep 12, 2021
No need dragging with a madman is another madman with a little office is deleting my comments hahahaha so baba talk to yourself. If the so called mod can let my comment stay then let me tell you your mom sxxk my dxxk when i was still playing games hahahahaha
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by stanley000: 6:30pm On Sep 12, 2021
Baba hasn't responded coz he's so busy diggingup now loooolz, imagine his phone just go off while he's at it, he will burst into tears immediately grin cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 6:31pm On Sep 12, 2021
ngBuild:

This is serious, may we not use this guys terrible encounter to judge others, my dealings are sincere and clean from LinkedIn, Upwork and here, i remain honest in my service delivery since it is how good you track record is will determine if you will get future projects cc: brickdevo

Well done bro.

Just be honest ,Respectful & don't curse your potential clients.

Then you will go far.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ngBuild: 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
Kentucky404:

Well done bro.

Just be honest ,Respectful & don't curse your potential clients.

Then you will go far.
Thanks bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Kentucky404: 6:39pm On Sep 12, 2021
stanley000:
to you everyone else is small you run your mouth like a premature kid, eh everyone should leave prop section for you now. All day long all you do is talk, dig up stories back and forth hahahaha. You are so good at it i mean if i had that jobless talent I'm sure i will do well being a better liar coz obviously I'm not.
I know your type, you are always useless to uour family and community coz all you do is talk and throw blackmails around to make yourself feel useful. Men always take up their moms character so i can imagine the type of LovePeddler she must be to have a wasted entity like you. I am surr you are single coz you can't raise a family with this, prove me wrong, you kust be over 40 with no family or responsibilities and that's why you have all the time to dig up skeletons grin grin

Oh... Our Architectural dog is still Barking

grin

Nairaland's Petty thief. #20K

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/2236#102261880

5 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (2454) (2455) (2456) (2457) (2458) (2459) (2460) ... (3664) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: RockOfAgesAlumi(m), gbadexy(m), michaellek and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.