Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,028 members, 7,818,032 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4393393 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) (2512) (2513) (2514) ... (3668) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:21am On Oct 07, 2021
Born2conquer:
but underdeveloped estates

Sometimes, I do have a feeling all these estates are fronts for money laundering, they kept buying lands in HECTARES, Build gigantic FENCE and gate house, sign celebrities as ambassadors and before you know it, the CEOs have started driving Gwagon and lexus 570 with them receiving numerous accolades and awards but guess what?

The estates are mostly empty! We have several of such hyped estates in ogun state with no development happening in the estates for years apart from the Gate house, drainage and fence done.

Right
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:25am On Oct 07, 2021
Badgers14:

Thanks for the update.

If you wouldn't mind to share the size of this build (area of installation) and total cost both labor and materials..

I know many people , me included would like to see a comparative analysis... comparing this to our plastering, screeding, painting etc...

Here you have it:

TOTAL COVERAGE AREA - 50sqm

1. Plastering Cost (cheapest cost using direct labour considered)

Time Required: 5 Days

Cement (6 Bags) - N24,000
Sand - +/- N15,000
Labour - N30,000
Wall Tonguing and Grooving to make accent wall - N30,000

Optional
Screeding (Material + Labour) - N80,000

Wall Finish (based on client preference)
* Emulsion Painting (Material + Labour) - N40,000
Satin Painting (Material + Labour) - N60,000
Decorative Painting (Material + Labour) - N120,000

** Wood Tiles Finish (to achieve same feel or effect) - N400,000

Note

* A drum of Emulsion Paint (budget paint) costs around 7k now. I’ll budget 2.5 drums for good coverage considering it’s a wall that hasn’t been painted before. Cost includes labour and other materials.

** 1 sqm of wood finish tiles would cost around 6k (cheapest) multiplied by 50sqm would cost over 300,000. Installation materials (cement + sand) and labour charge would cost nothing less than 1,500 per sqm

2. Wall Siding/Cladding Cost

Time Required - 4 Days

0.6sqm - N3,200

Total Cost of Boards covering 50sqm space - N270,000

50 pcs Wall Studs/Track/Angle - 75,000

Installation Accessories - N20,000

Painting - N60,000

Installation Cost including cost of fueling generator for 4 Days - N100,000

Total Sum - N525,000

Note: Cost excludes supervision/contractors profit grin

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:29am On Oct 07, 2021
Badgers14:

Quick note tho, in your picture it appears that there was a board like structure just behind where the actual siding/cladding was being installed?
I thought the cladding went on directly on the exposed block work.

The installation was done directly on the wall.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 5:43am On Oct 07, 2021
It’s a beautiful day… call us for your pop wall screeding and tv wall designs

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation/39#106515761

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 5:49am On Oct 07, 2021
n3xt:

The installation was done directly on the wall.

The walls appear to be plastered?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:50am On Oct 07, 2021
I’ll rather pay 100m for this type of finish (pic 1) than paying 100m for most of the Lekki brick, mortar and tiles builds.

The one below is too fine for my liking grin

People call it overbuild. I call it “Too Fine”

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:54am On Oct 07, 2021
Badgers14:

The walls appear to be plastered?

Well, it was an afterthought. The wall doesn’t need to be plastered.

I’m actually doing this to spice up a drab facade.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Badgers14: 5:58am On Oct 07, 2021
n3xt:

Well, it was an afterthought. The wall doesn’t need to be plastered.

I’m actually doing this to spice up a drab facade.

Ok, thanks for the clarification, much appreciated!!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:04am On Oct 07, 2021
#DrabToFab

>> Security Haus “Ilé Ode” by NextHome

When the request is “Wow me”

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 6:06am On Oct 07, 2021
twinskenny:

Yes Simawa the place is fully developed o!! Was there 8 years ago but now all plots has been filled up …
Since its close to Redemption camp.

It surely has to be developed cheesy cheesy.

I guess this particular one is the City of David Phase 2
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 6:08am On Oct 07, 2021
Born2conquer:
but underdeveloped estates

Sometimes, I do have a feeling all these estates are fronts for money laundering, they kept buying lands in HECTARES, Build gigantic FENCE and gate house, sign celebrities as ambassadors and before you know it, the CEOs have started driving Gwagon and lexus 570 with them receiving numerous accolades and awards but guess what?

The estates are mostly empty! We have several of such hyped estates in ogun state with no development happening in the estates for years apart from the Gate house, drainage and fence done.
Lekki should be the HQ

Buy 5 plots and get one for Free cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 6:23am On Oct 07, 2021
opes:

Please, what is the current price of 2.5mm plate sheet now? 3ft x 8ft dimension
complete 2.5mm checkered plate is ~60,000 and plain pan is ~55,000.

Kindly note that this is Nnewi price and the correct dimensions is 8ft by 4ft.

Good morning and enjoy your day

modified

I just spoke with the oga who told me it's 55,000 and 53,000 respectively. My earlier price was given to me by the "Nwa boy"

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:28am On Oct 07, 2021
n3xt:
Request!!!

I’m offering N1.6m for this carport. Ready to pickup if you can deliver within Lagos.

Size - 2 Cars

Call or Whatsapp +234 80 234 29 122

Thanks.

I’m still looking for this.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:40am On Oct 07, 2021
michlins:
see eh. With the number of estates propping up everywhere, Nigeria shouldn't have housing shortage or at least it won't be this bad.

But we see the reality

Are they affordable to an average Nigerian should be the question.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:06am On Oct 07, 2021
I screwed up on something and I want to see if it’s correctable.

I mistake told my Mason to polish the face of my ramp instead of doing a broom finish. It’s now slippery.

What’s the easiest way to recover?

Thanks.

2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:07am On Oct 07, 2021
n3xt:
#DrabToFab

>> Security Haus “Ilé Ode” by NextHome

When the request is “Wow me”

This 4 sekuriti houz

Opoo

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:09am On Oct 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Lekki should be the HQ

And 50% promos,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by opes: 7:15am On Oct 07, 2021
michlins:
complete 2.5mm checkered plate is ~60,000 and plain pan is ~55,000.

Kindly note that this is Nnewi price and the correct dimensions is 8ft by 4ft.

Good morning and enjoy your day

modified

I just spoke with the oga who told me it's 55,000 and 53,000 respectively. My earlier price was given to me by the "Nwa boy"

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2021
n3xt:

I’m still looking for this.

0802 394 2137 call this person, he might help and remember to do your due diligence.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:22am On Oct 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Since its close to Redemption camp.

It surely has to be developed cheesy cheesy.

I guess this particular one is the City of David Phase 2
yes o
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:23am On Oct 07, 2021
rotecch77:

This 4 sekuriti houz

Opoo

Care and attention must be given to the design of the approach of every building to ensure the building stands up to critical observation from near and afar.

It’s the first and the last thing most people will see in your building.

Is your facade welcoming, imposing, or dramatic? Or it’s just another house on the block.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:23am On Oct 07, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
I screwed up on something and I want to see if it’s correctable.

I mistake told my Mason to polish the face of my ramp instead of doing a broom finish. It’s now slippery.

What’s the easiest way to recover?

Thanks.

They probably has to mix cement to create another layer… I think

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 7:24am On Oct 07, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

And 50% promos,
Close to Trade Fair Zone... Dangote Refinery and the New International Airport location

Coupled with Pan Atlantic University cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 7:25am On Oct 07, 2021
twinskenny:
yes o
That area is tempting sha.

Looks very cool and free from City wahala
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2021
Person2person:

0802 394 2137 call this person, he might help and remember to do your due diligence.

Smiles.

Let me make something clear. I’ve transacted over 250m business in the last 8 months and I’ve not even met most of my suppliers. I’ve not even been to the Mushin I frequently talk about in the last two years.

Just 2 weeks ago was when I met the lady who supplied 80% of cement used for X-Trillion project even though I’m always on site.

If na every every person go dey drag, person go die young na.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:50am On Oct 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Lekki should be the HQ

Lekki is still even better, at least lekki is developing

The vacant lands all in the name of estates in Abeokuta is too much! Yet you will hardy see any sign of development or people building in the massive gated lands called Estates.

Adrons home is all over Abeokuta but I can tell you most of the estates are empty.

What about sweet estates? Sweet estates spoilt lands for people in mawuko area of Abeokuta, man bought lands all over mawuko (over 500 acres) and left it undeveloped now the majority of mawuko is loooking like a forest because a single company bought in excess but refused to develop.

Several other estates like that, I believe Government should regulate them and give them timeframe to make sure lands become developed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 7:55am On Oct 07, 2021
Badgers14:

Surprise surprise?

Many of them in Abuja as well lipsrsealed
grin grin grin
Buy land cheap
Put outrageous price per plot
Estate remain EMPTY/undeveloped
CEOs living large as real estate mogul grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 8:02am On Oct 07, 2021
michlins:
see eh. With the number of estates propping up everywhere, Nigeria shouldn't have housing shortage or at least it won't be this bad.

But we see the reality
At all, but the estates owners just want to flip lands
Buy low, sell high
Customers buying high also want to sell HIGHER
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 8:07am On Oct 07, 2021
Born2conquer:

Lekki is still even better, at least lekki is developing

The vacant lands all in the name of estates in Abeokuta is too much! Yet you will hardy see any sign of development or people building in the massive gated lands called Estates.

Adrons home is all over Abeokuta but I can tell you most of the estates are empty.

What about sweet estates? Sweet estates spoilt lands for people in mawuko area of Abeokuta, man bought lands all over mawuko (over 500 acres) and left it undeveloped now the majority of mawuko is loooking like a forest because a single company bought in excess but refused to develop.

Several other estates like that, I believe Government should regulate them and give them timeframe to make sure lands become developed
Government can't regulate any sector that's of great benefit to them.

Let me tell you the Tricks these guys use in Luring people.

They use Ogun state... Oyo... Ondo... Ilorin respectively.

All these States that I've mentioned have a large number of Farmlands that are way too cheap.. In Ogun state... An Acre goes for 300k-500k..Oyo is 70k-200k for an acre same with other states.

So these Real Estate owners make use of that Opportunity and buy a large number of acres at a reduced price(If you are buying more than 50...the price will be reduced).

Once they purchase those lands.. They'll erect a Wonderful and Attractive gate cheesy cheesy cheesy...

When they're done... They sell a plot for 3-5m

The business is very lucrative ooo. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just have sweet mouth... A Nice Media Team

You don hammer cheesy

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Born2conquer: 8:33am On Oct 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Government can't regulate any sector that's of great benefit to them.

Let me tell you the Tricks these guys use in Luring people.

They use Ogun state... Oyo... Ondo... Ilorin respectively.

All these States that I've mentioned have a large number of Farmlands that are way too cheap.. In Ogun state... An Acre goes for 300k-500k..Oyo is 70k-200k for an acre same with other states.

So these Real Estate owners make use of that Opportunity and buy a large number of acres at a reduced price(If you are buying more than 50...the price will be reduced).

Once they purchase those lands.. They'll erect a Wonderful and Attractive gate cheesy cheesy cheesy...

When they're done... They sell a plot for 3-5m

The business is very lucrative ooo. cheesy cheesy cheesy

Just have sweet mouth... A Nice Media Team

You don hammer cheesy

Exactly and they lure people by saying “the price will be appreciating by over 100% in 6 months”

Hence people rush in to buy with the hope to sell at 100% ! Means, most people buying are not looking to build or erect or structure but just to also make gains.

I follow some estates pages and I keep seeing “appreciating by 50% in october, buy now” and I wonder, why is it increasing? Any new development? Are people building? Is there any industry around? No! Just the developers creating artificial inflation.

Everybody na crook

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:45am On Oct 07, 2021
Nezzjnr:

Close to Trade Fair Zone... Dangote Refinery and the New International Airport location

Coupled with Pan Atlantic University cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nezzjnr: 8:53am On Oct 07, 2021
Born2conquer:

Exactly and they lure people by saying “the price will be appreciating by over 100% in 6 months”

Hence people rush in to buy with the hope to sell at 100% ! Means, most people buying are not looking to build or erect or structure but just to also make gains.

I follow some estates pages and I keep seeing “appreciating by 50% in october, buy now” and I wonder, why is it increasing? Any new development? Are people building? Is there any industry around? No! Just the developers creating artificial inflation.

Everybody na crook
"Close your eyes and imagine how this place will be in the next 5 years"

This is always their line cheesy cheesy

Adron had sense to put some of their properties at Shimawa which is close to Redemption and deeper life camp...That's why the development going on in that axis is a little bit nice

(1) (2) (3) ... (2508) (2509) (2510) (2511) (2512) (2513) (2514) ... (3668) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: walexyll(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.