Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,508 members, 7,823,190 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4413543 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2511) (2512) (2513) (2514) (2515) (2516) (2517) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2021
Living My Life As A Disruptor

Ilé Ode by NextHome. Disrupting what is with what could be.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by adesegun121(m): 8:58am On Oct 08, 2021
Most Searched Roofing Thread Hit 400k Views today on Number 1 Forum (https://www.nairaland.com/3364135/roofing-sheets-cost-various-types/135#down) in African and Pop up daily on Google Search Engine
Big thanks to all my potential Client's here in Nigeria & Abroad.. Have vow to stay Positive and maintain my Legit Way!!
No 1 Top Roofer In Nigeria

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:44am On Oct 08, 2021
Please do share when it gets to jointing and screeding, especially the procedure and materials you'll use to get the best finish. Will be using this for my small project.
n3xt:
Living My Life As A Disruptor

Ilé Ode by NextHome. Disrupting what is with what could be.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2021
gordonbarrett:
Please do share when it gets to jointing and screeding, especially the procedure and materials you'll use to get the best finish. Will be using this for my small project.

I’ll definitely share.

Meanwhile, I just painted over this. No screeding. No surface preparations. No extra waiting time. No dramas.

Everything done within 24 hours.

I’ll also share the one I’m installing tiles on.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:37am On Oct 08, 2021
n3xt:

I’ll definitely share.

Meanwhile, I just painted over this. No screeding. No surface preparations. No extra waiting time. No dramas.

Walahi talahi” This look ok “shineke”

As I discussed with you on phone, I will introduce this on this our ongoing project .

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 08, 2021
Looking good. A mistake I made was leveling first before woodwork for this type of roof. Resulted to an uneven slope, though only visible from on top of surrounding buildings. Always better to roof first.
rotecch77:

As I discussed with you on phone, I will introduce this on this our ongoing project .
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 08, 2021
Would have done this, but not sure it will look good on soffit and fascia.
n3xt:

I’ll definitely share.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:46am On Oct 08, 2021
gordonbarrett:
Would have done this, but not sure it will look good on soffit and fascia.

It’s the coolest thing you can ever imagine. It’s saves you lots of stress and construction time.

No be only money we suppose dey fight over. We should look at better ways to do things faster.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:54am On Oct 08, 2021
rotecch77:

Nice one! Well done.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 12:06pm On Oct 08, 2021
gordonbarrett:
Looking good. A mistake I made was leveling first before woodwork for this type of roof. Resulted to an uneven slope, though only visible from on top of surrounding buildings. Always better to roof first.

The only challenge on this type is that you will need outside scaffolding to lay the cover block ( but to save cost you can use same scaffold for the outside plastering ) so you need to prepare for 2 work at a go

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chikebrain: 12:15pm On Oct 08, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chikebrain: 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2021
n3xt:

I’ll definitely share.

As opposed to the "conventional " screening and painting", is this a cheaper option. It's terms of longevity, what the durability if used or a rented apartment
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2021
No, what I meant was painting the soffit and fascia with the gravitex paint. Certainly doing fibercement board. Saves a lot of stress and money my brother, and still looks lovely.
n3xt:

It’s the coolest thing you can ever imagine. It’s saves you lots of stress and construction time.

No be only money we suppose dey fight over. We should look at better ways to do things faster.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bukolo: 12:34pm On Oct 08, 2021
Good afternoon.

Is their company at Iju Ishaga?

Please confirm, thank you

n3xt:

Legend Paints

I recommended the paint to my client after sharing the pics of my painting done 10 years ago with him. It’s expensive but still as fresh as new even after 10 years.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 12:52pm On Oct 08, 2021
n3xt:

Are these sheetrock or precast pop as you call it there, or something new in the market?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
bukolo:
Good afternoon.

Is their company at Iju Ishaga?

Please confirm, thank you

Yes. You can call 08028365212 Stephen

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:31pm On Oct 08, 2021
Helping Colleagues in the Neighborhood Create Better Facade

#Pergola #WallHanger #ContemporaryArt

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Lovelygbems: 1:37pm On Oct 08, 2021
Insure your warehouse, residential building, commercial building etc

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabberjawz: 2:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
n3xt:
Exhale

Boss, what the average lifespan for this wall design? It looks good, but I want to have an idea of what it takes maintenance wise...
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:07pm On Oct 08, 2021
kopell:
Are these sheetrock or precast pop as you call it there, or something new in the market?

No. This is fibre cement board. Almost the same as your old school asbestos ceiling minus asbestos.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:16pm On Oct 08, 2021
jabberjawz:

Boss, what the average lifespan for this wall design? It looks good, but I want to have an idea of what it takes maintenance wise...

According to the manufacturer, it’s minimum of 25 years. I believe it'll stay longer.

No maintenance. I never have to bother or worry about water issues.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 2:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
rotecch77:
You are all invited to the opening ceremony of our new branch office in Lagos.

Congratulations brother.

Would love to attend, just give directions.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bukolo: 2:44pm On Oct 08, 2021
Thank you

n3xt:

Yes. You can call 08028365212 Stephen

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabberjawz: 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2021
n3xt:

According to the manufacturer, it’s minimum of 25 years. I believe it'll stay longer.

No maintenance. I never have to bother or worry about water issues.

Thanks, one last question, green moulds would not grow on it due to exposure to rain over the years?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 3:02pm On Oct 08, 2021
Still in stock Spanish wooden tiles

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:40pm On Oct 08, 2021
jabberjawz:

Thanks, one last question, green moulds would not grow on it due to exposure to rain over the years?

Not at all.

Read more about fibre cement boards on etex website.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabberjawz: 3:58pm On Oct 08, 2021
n3xt:

Not at all.

Read more about fibre cement boards on etex website.

Alright Boss.... thanks for the heads up.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by UC92: 4:18pm On Oct 08, 2021
Considering the economic realities of the country, is this a fair quote?

Specifications
5mm grey glass
Black foreign profile
Net
32mm galvanised pipe placed horizontally as burglary.
(Casement window)

The standard is actually 3*6ft4

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 5:55pm On Oct 08, 2021
Blessedsunny2:

Although you can never use the picture to know the product of tiles or measurement,you can only look at the back of the tiles to know if is Spanish or Nigeria or China product .for the measurement it is good to call somebody that know how to measure,so you will know the measurement of the tiles incase you don't know how to measure it .for your own good some of them may be desperate to do the job but at the end there will be issue
If two of you do not know the accurate measurement of the tiles you can call two or more professional tiler to get the correct measurement.

I come in peace.
this look like cupies not tile , and the picture is not clear to know is china cupies or spain, i can't tell you exactly wether china or not sir ask the person to snap the it well so that i can even know if tiles or cupies
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:56pm On Oct 08, 2021
twinskenny:
thanks for your patronage boss God bless

You're welcome sir

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
@twinkenny @kolashangone

Well done gentlemen.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 8:08pm On Oct 08, 2021
n3xt:

I’ll definitely share.

Really Beautiful, Was this Transformation done on our current Project Site?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2511) (2512) (2513) (2514) (2515) (2516) (2517) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gbadexy(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.