Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,067 members, 7,810,996 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:19 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2513) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4371743 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2510) (2511) (2512) (2513) (2514) (2515) (2516) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2021
rotecch77:

Sound proofing

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
somehow:
Please house, how much is aluminium Long span:

Single corrugation (normal)
And
Double corrugation (metra)

Finally, which of the 2 options above is good for flat/slant roof?

Thanks in advance.

Wanted to ignore this because it was posted 4 days ago.. but I saw a comment that told said you should go for Metral instead of Normal.

Normal corrugation is alot better than metral please. The corrugation Valley is deeper than metral.

When you go to Tower or First Aluminium, try to ask this question too.

0.55 Tower will work for a storey building. Higher than that, use 0.70mm.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:34pm On Oct 07, 2021
A client challenged me to make sound proof windows because his site is just beside a mosque.. and he's not a morning person.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 6:43pm On Oct 07, 2021
temi4fash:
Hello,

Please what is the difference between the regukar iron rods and TMT.

Noticed the price difference is about 15k..

Are they same as per length and specifications for the smae size.

Thanks in advance

It's majorly about the properties of both rods.

Not about melting and stuff..

Those properties are majorly about the "heat treatment" of iron.

Cool it too fast in the furnace, it becomes brittle with low yield stress..

Controlled cooling gives it better qualities.

You know young modulus graph right..?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:02pm On Oct 07, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Wanted to ignore this because it was posted 4 days ago.. but I saw a comment that told said you should go for Metral instead of Normal.

Normal corrugation is alot better than metral please. The corrugation Valley is deeper than metral.

When you go to Tower or First Aluminium, try to ask this question too.

0.55 Tower will work for a storey building. Higher than that, use 0.70mm.

Roofer is actually using Normal.

Thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tsuccesssquare: 7:11pm On Oct 07, 2021
What are the ideal order of steps to take after roofing to painting?

I’ll share a link on this shortly. [/quote]

Sir, don't forget me on this.

Many thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tsuccesssquare: 7:12pm On Oct 07, 2021
n3xt:
@tsuccesssquare

So far a good job is done, this can be done in any season.

Considering your location (Bogije), I’d recommend you do any type of soakaway in the dry season. However, use this period to arrange all materials needed as price of materials are always lower in the rainy season

This is location dependent. For Bogije, I’d recommend cast and sink

I’ll share a link on this shortly.

Sir, don't forget me on this.

Many thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2021
justified007:

Those sweet estates people are saboteurs.

Empty estates everywhere in abeokuta from Mawuko ĺ0 Idi-ori , Obada , rounder etc

Funny thing is those estates are sooo cheap.. with 200k you will get land in them
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by justified007: 7:43pm On Oct 07, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Funny thing is those estates are sooo cheap.. with 200k you will get land in them

Laelae , go and check their prices
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:45pm On Oct 07, 2021
Late night post...

Ilé Ode by NextHome

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2021
King of Paints once again...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by omanzo02: 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2021
rotecch77:
@ 3nxt, this is another building we are producing also , with clean environment.
But bros it’s not easy to control Nigeria workers to do some stuffs BUT they have know me now with this cleaning attitude.
If you can’t do it after daily work then be expecting CUT PAY

https://www.nairaland.com/6690409/erection-journey-2stories-building-12#104524366

Joke aside, Nigerian workmen are notorious for filthy work environment......my current builder clean up after works are completed, something new.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 7:50pm On Oct 07, 2021
Nice one. How much is 6mm board now?
n3xt:
Late night post...

Ilé Ode by NextHome

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:55pm On Oct 07, 2021
gordonbarrett:
Nice one. How much is 6mm board now?

9,500 in the general market.

My source sell 9,300
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 07, 2021
n3xt:
King of Paints once again...
This is nice, what paint did you use?

I mean the company

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 8:56pm On Oct 07, 2021
Thanks
n3xt:

9,500 in the general market.

My source sell 9,300

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 9:10pm On Oct 07, 2021
Good evening all.
It's been a while here. Normally, I would have read to the last page I last visited before making a post but I guess today is an exemption. I've missed too many pages for me to back there.

Anyways, I am still here for your Quantity Surveying needs.

Quantity Surveyors are your indispensable professional cost, procurement, contract and project managers. Engage one today and you will be glad you did.

Synopsis of Quantity Surveyor roles;
1) Prepare estimated cost of construction from drawings or physical measurements. This is otherwise call Bill of Quantities.

2) Prepare resource scheduling. This means breakdown of quantity of materials and labour needed for work. This is a very useful document in ordering materials from market and negotiating labour cost.

3) Prepare valuation of ongoing construction works. This is a a very important area that clients should take advantage of. Contractors should be paid based on the value of work done on site. Valuation establishes this.

4) Administration of construction contract. I've said it before that construction is a contract either written or otherwise. In contract administration, issues like variation, retention money, defect liability period, fluctuations, honouring certificate of payment, practical completion etc are taken care of. Clients are enjoined to take advantage of this very important area in having a hitch free project delivery.

In the Nigerian building construction industry, there are conditions of contract clauses that could be inserted in Bill of Quantities before projects are awarded to contractors.

5) Remeasurement of work on site.

So many more interesting duties Quantity Surveyors can do for you.

Hire a QS today.

Have a pleasant night rest.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by folusoga(m): 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
Hello everyone,
I need pointers regarding cement business.
I intend to begin sales in my community.
Thank yhu

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:14pm On Oct 07, 2021
theForth:

This is nice, what paint did you use?

I mean the company

Legend Paints

I recommended the paint to my client after sharing the pics of my painting done 10 years ago with him. It’s expensive but still as fresh as new even after 10 years.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 9:36pm On Oct 07, 2021
KolaShangOne:

thanks for your patronage boss God bless

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 07, 2021
n3xt:

Legend Paints

I recommended the paint to my client after sharing the pics of my painting done 10 years ago with him. It’s expensive but still as fresh as new even after 10 years.

This is nice, quality things don't come cheap.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by RockOfAgesAlumi(m): 12:55am On Oct 08, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Which material is this I need something like this.

Also, what size of iron rod (16mm or 12mm) is inside the burglary?

My window guy has fkd up and looking to replace him.
Thick imported material
Casement window
4ft x 4ft-44k, with burglary and net,12mm rod
Thanks
4ft x 4ft-48k, with burglary and net,16mm rod
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:10am On Oct 08, 2021
theForth:

This is nice, quality things don't come cheap.

I agree.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:18am On Oct 08, 2021
#IkoroduGate

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:21am On Oct 08, 2021
#OshodiGate | 2 New Gates Loading

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 1:40am On Oct 08, 2021
Exhale

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 2:38am On Oct 08, 2021
QSFemi:
Good evening all.
It's been a while here. Normally, I would have read to the last page I last visited before making a post but I guess today is an exemption. I've missed too many pages for me to back there.

Anyways, I am still here for your Quantity Surveying needs.

Quantity Surveyors are your indispensable professional cost, procurement, contract and project managers. Engage one today and you will be glad you did.

Synopsis of Quantity Surveyor roles;
1) Prepare estimated cost of construction from drawings or physical measurements. This is otherwise call Bill of Quantities.

2) Prepare resource scheduling. This means breakdown of quantity of materials and labour needed for work. This is a very useful document in ordering materials from market and negotiating labour cost.

3) Prepare valuation of ongoing construction works. This is a a very important area that clients should take advantage of. Contractors should be paid based on the value of work done on site. Valuation establishes this.

4) Administration of construction contract. I've said it before that construction is a contract either written or otherwise. In contract administration, issues like variation, retention money, defect liability period, fluctuations, honouring certificate of payment, practical completion etc are taken care of. Clients are enjoined to take advantage of this very important area in having a hitch free project delivery.

In the Nigerian building construction industry, there are conditions of contract clauses that could be inserted in Bill of Quantities before projects are awarded to contractors.

5) Remeasurement of work on site.

So many more interesting duties Quantity Surveyors can do for you.

Hire a QS today.

Have a pleasant night rest.

femi!, femi!! femi!!!

People are thinking how to make Christmas and new year melodies, they all know what u do, cost of materials now?!!!, don't give many building owners to return to sites, with materials and labors, may God quickly deliver nigerians from this present govt.

In Jesus name, In sha llah,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:50am On Oct 08, 2021
@mountmoriah, the earlier we start exploring alternatives, the better for us.

We are just too rigid in this country. We’re stucked in our old ways.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 2:57am On Oct 08, 2021
brabus:
WPC floor and wall panels. Priced at $1,000 for 200sqm

This would make more economical sense to me than wall rendering or laying paving stones in pool area. Ease of use is super. Just like fixing jigsaw puzzle. As per the engineering properties, I suggest you google WPC to read more. The price is more than friendly for such a neat and clean finished material.

This is just one out of the thousands alternative offerings.

In 2016, I shared this. It’s just shocking that those who are supposed to lead the change we yearn are the ones championing brick and mortar constructions up and down.

There are several other solutions out there to explore.

In one of my ongoing construction, I’m not using traditional roof.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:02am On Oct 08, 2021
Would you imagine this wasn’t a concrete column? grin

Carpenter didn’t work.
Iron bender no bend.
Casters didn’t cast nothing.
No plank was bought.
No binding wires.
No cement.
No granite stones.
No sand.
No plastering.
No pillar design.

Just light gauge steel framing, fibre cement backerboard and tiles. cool

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:42am On Oct 08, 2021
Urgently Needed

8sqm of the deco tiles highlighted below.

Colour: Taupe (Brownish-Gray)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 7:07am On Oct 08, 2021
That's the more reason why a professional cost manager should be engaged so as to help reduce the already high construction cost.

mountmoriah:

femi!, femi!! femi!!!

People are thinking how to make Christmas and new year melodies, they all know what u do, cost of materials now?!!!, don't give many building owners to return to sites, with materials and labors, may God quickly deliver nigerians from this present govt.

In Jesus name, In sha llah,

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2510) (2511) (2512) (2513) (2514) (2515) (2516) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Dirkcoyt and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.