Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,124 members, 7,814,940 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4383361 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2533) (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) ... (3666) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 6:30am On Oct 22, 2021
princenomics:
Thanks my Oga, when I tried to question the rationale for such high prices, I told told the prices on NL are bush saw wood and not sawmill. Can you imagine.

You are welcome sir, good morning to you.

All the woods we sell and supply in benin are machine saw woods or saw woods, from benin, achi, to the east.

Very rear before u find a sawmill in these regions with falada or alamole woods.

We have a very big sawmill before Edo State University.

All the works I have done in benin was done with straight good iron woods, the carpenters must use anti rust uk standard nails for the joining, from Wall plate 3x4, to King Post 2x6, 2x4 for the beams and strut joints, 2x3 for the purlins and semi hard for 2x2 ceiling noggin.

We are also trying to let house owners know that they don't need ceiling noggins for project they will install pop ceiling or boards, expect they are using pvc, 2x2 ceiling noggin is necessary for that one.

I will create a ticket for that.

The prices I gave u is for machine saw woods.

Straight woods.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:38am On Oct 22, 2021
mountmoriah:

You are welcome sir, good morning to you.

All the woods we sell and supply in benin are machine saw woods or saw woods, from benin, achi, to the east.

Very rear before u find a sawmill in these regions with falada or alamole woods.

We have a very big sawmill before Edo State University.

All the works I have done in benin was done with straight good iron woods, the carpenters must use anti rust uk standard nails for the joining, from Wall plate 3x4, to King Post 2x6, 2x4 for the beams and strut joints, 2x3 for the purlins and semi hard for 2x2 ceiling noggin.

We are also trying to let house owners know that they don't need ceiling noggins for project they will install pop ceiling or boards, expect they are using pvc, 2x2 ceiling noggin is necessary for that one.

I will create a ticket for that.

The prices I gave u is for machine saw woods.

Straight woods.

Pls give me price of good and straight iron roofing woods to Oshodi, Lagos.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:43am On Oct 22, 2021
mountmoriah:

Because they are special woods for special purposes

you can't use it for roofing carcass wood work.

No architect, engr, qs, builder or roofers will recommend it for roofing.

The prices they gave him above is too outrageous for woods to roof house.

Pressure treated woods are expensive not for roofing.

Good for flooring, staircase, etc

Bro u no dey sleep?

You have a valid point but I’ve had a very special occasion where it was recommended on one of my build due to the unsupported span of the roof beam (11m).

We eventually opted for steel instead.

_________

I do sleep bro.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:05am On Oct 22, 2021
princenomics:
Please in which state can we find these prices? I asked because what my carpenter gave me in Benin is somehow out of this world oooh compared to what I am seeing here.
What I was given:
2*2 - 800
2*3 - 1700
2*4 - 2000
3*4 - 3000

If you are buying hard wood for roofing 18ft length by all the size given there. I bet you, you can only see little diff in price they gave you there like N100 maximum on each price.
I have ongoing massive 8flats project going on in Benin and the prices of wood I bough are almost same with the price your carpenter gave.

Unless you are buying SOFT wood or SHORT size of 11ft long for formwork then the price might be lower due to what I mention now
There long 1*12*18ft soft wood for formwork is about 4300-4500

The hard wood for roofing
2*2*18 about 900-1000
2*3*18 about 1800-2000
Etc
These are the prices I bough
Compare these to what your carpenter gave and visit mkt and see for yourself

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skup008(m): 7:08am On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=akinola98 post=106726252]
FRAUD ALERT!!! SKUP008 ( Mr Aghaje Afeez), a stamp floor artisan

[quote author=akinola98 post=106726252]
FRAUD ALERT!!! SKUP008 ( Mr Aghaje Afeez), a stamp floor artisan

My name is Agbaje Afeez Oladapo.

Yes, I had a warranty agreement with Dr. Oyewole Akinterinwa (client) on the 4th of September 2020 and this warranty was to be valid for a period of 1 year(agreement letter attached). Recently,Dr. Oyewole Akinterinwa (client) contacted me on 29 september 2021 with a video, reporting about some cracks on his floor. In my response I explained to him that if the cracks shown on the video was the complain, then the job is fine. This cracks are not from the center of the slab, either at a certain edge and few joints of the slab.

Dr. Oyewole Akinterinwa (client) asked me what can be done and my response was, it can be repaired and mostly the newly repaired part may not have a rhythm appearance with the existing ones. He agreed to that then asked me when I come to fix it. I assured him of as soon has he wants and we needed certain materials which he will provide and transport fare.

He said the job is under warranty so he is not spending any kobo. I politely told him the job is no longer under a warranty and the reason I will not charge him for labour is because I did the job. This is where the insults and name calling started. So I decided to remain silent even though it was very annoying.
So my silent after the insults is what Dr. Oyewole Akinterinwa (client) defines has fraudulent and arrogant!

The long list of materials I sent to Dr. Oyewole Akinterinwa (client) :
cement
sand
hardner
release agent.

If indeed you are having bad experience with all Nigerian artisan you have been dealing with, then you might need to check your style of dealing. Knew what I went through while doing your job. Stop feeling too insecure!

However, Dr. Oyewole Akinterinwa (client) knows how bad the judicial system in Nigeria is, that’s why he made fraudulent threads on my name but he has done more good than bad. And I am no longer interested in your your maintenance job even if you are willing to pay for labour and materials.

Perhaps, people need to know that dragging someone in the mod will definitely have them their own share of the stains.

Our sincere appreciations to all nairalanders we have been having business with. You shall continue to be prosper.

Agbaje Afeez Oladapo.

Office;
Shop B5 M&J shopping plaza, besides Firstbank, Offa garage Ilorin, Kwara state.

Thanks.

Dongc
Qsfemi
Egunmogaji2
Ibnoble80
Expertman

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 7:41am On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=skup008 post=106952913][/quote]
Chief you could have done better, approach sometime matters… your client is not happy.

Having such an experience with stamp floor after one year not too good… even though you sign a one year warranty… sometime we win some and sometime will loose some.. dialogu with client and resolve this…

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 7:57am On Oct 22, 2021
n3xt:

You have a valid point but I’ve had a very special occasion where it was recommended on one of my build due to the unsupported span of the roof beam (11m).

We eventually opted for steel instead.

_________

I do sleep bro.
dey rest body small small bro o, we dey plenty here, professionals that can be helping you small small, so u go fit dey rest ooo bro, Because never do any work, u just dey start.

Steel is actually the best for roofing, but with this kobocities we dey build, with daily increase in price of materials.

Many Nigerians won't be able to afford steel roof.

You have really helped your client suggesting the steel in lieu of woods because 11m roof beam that is 36.3ft bro, that much, best suggestion

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Mup4life: 8:08am On Oct 22, 2021
walexProjects:

Ok how many Bathrooms, Toilets, Kitchens are in the building?
4baths and one kitchen
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:08am On Oct 22, 2021
mountmoriah:
dey rest body small small bro o, we dey plenty here, professionals that can be helping you small small, so u go fit dey rest ooo bro, Because never do any work, u just dey start.

Steel is actually the best for roofing, but with this kobocities we dey build, with daily increase in price of materials.

Many Nigerians won't be able to afford steel roof.

You have really helped your client suggesting the steel in lieu of woods because 11m roof beam that is 36.3ft bro, that much, best suggestion

Dem talk say I did it for my selfish interest grin as if the roof will be installed in my house.

The earlier we start considering lightweight steel construction, the better for us. It’s far cheaper in the long run but most people always consider the present and not the future.

I have a project that requires very solid woods though I intend supporting it with steel beams due to span. Just like I did in my chateau, I’m happy to pay more than market price for solid woods.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by skup008(m): 8:13am On Oct 22, 2021
bolu1986:

Chief you have done better, approach sometime matters… your client is not happy.

Thanks for your contribution sir.

The floor will last a standard time of a concrete floor but doesn’t mean everything will remain the same as a freshly made job. Signing an agree is an indication of confidence of my job.
But bros all in the name of “customer is always right” some people can be very frustrating and cunning.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:19am On Oct 22, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

I meant this. (Pic below)

Okay got it, thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:31am On Oct 22, 2021
rotecch77:

If you are buying hard wood for roofing 18ft length by all the size given there. I bet you, you can only see little diff in price they gave you there like N100 maximum on each price.
I have ongoing massive 8flats project going on in Benin and the prices of wood I bough are almost same with the price your carpenter gave.

Unless you are buying SOFT wood or SHORT size of 11ft long for formwork then the price might be lower due to what I mention now
There long 1*12*18ft soft wood for formwork is about 4300-4500

The hard wood for roofing
2*2*18 about 900-1000
2*3*18 about 1800-2000
Etc
These are the prices I bough
Compare these to what your carpenter gave and visit mkt and see for yourself

This is impressive block laying. Kudos.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 8:32am On Oct 22, 2021
n3xt:

Dem talk say I did it for my selfish interest grin as if the roof will be installed in my house.

The earlier we start considering lightweight steel construction, the better for us. It’s far cheaper in the long run but most people always consider the present and not the future.

I have a project that requires very solid woods though I intend supporting it with steel beams due to span. Just like I did in my chateau, I’m happy to pay more than market price for solid woods.
that I assure bossman
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Omotofineo(f): 8:46am On Oct 22, 2021
jiday4:

Get another quotation from another person or price from different sawmill yourself but go with someone knowledgeable in wood . The price on the quote is way different from what I know . eg ojaagba is just 200 to 250 naira at lukosi and ikorodu don't know if it's more than that in other area

OK Thank you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by expertman(m): 8:59am On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=skup008 post=106952913][/quote]

@Mr Agbaje thanks for explaining your best side of the story.

Op what can you say about this response from Mr Agbaje?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 9:03am On Oct 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

This is impressive block laying. Kudos.

I’m impressed sir, thanks baba

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:16am On Oct 22, 2021
kiekie1:
Tier one Jinko , era solar panels, Growatts, Phocos, Quanta, durable earth augers with bit, Epever triron mppt , solar cables and accessories , Index batteries etc now available!!

Contact,,
Smartcell global services
CALL ONLY:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP ONLY::: http://.us/w/?c=a46ea5

Feel free to contact us ...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:17am On Oct 22, 2021
WE BUY DEAD/SCRAP BATTERIES!!!

We also buy off scrap/dead deep cycle batteries from any state to Lagos (Terms & Condition applies) .

12v 200a .... N18,000
12v 150a.....N13,500
12v 100a.......N9,000
2v 500a ......N5,500

If outside Lagos state , send the scrap batteries to your nearby Lagos park & get your payment alert immediately after confirmatory remarks from me with the transport company manager / secretary or driver ...

Contact,
CALL:: 081-350-31951
WHATSAPP::: https:///2348170385620

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:20am On Oct 22, 2021
Your quality Spanish wooden tiles
Available

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 9:22am On Oct 22, 2021
Spanish products 60by60

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 9:48am On Oct 22, 2021
Blessedsunny2:
Spanish products 60by60

Oga mi, how much per box? Assuming four inside box abi?

Muchas Gracias.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kiekie1(m): 9:55am On Oct 22, 2021
SOLAR PANELS FLASH SALE! HURRY!!

250w Mono 55k
300w Mono 62k

390w Unilink 78k
360w Sunfit 73k
380w Suncrown 75k

Contact,

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 10:03am On Oct 22, 2021
For your electrical accessories talk to us

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:40am On Oct 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Oga mi, how much per box? Assuming four inside box abi?

Muchas Gracias.
7,000 per miters
4pic in cartoon
Park point 1.12

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:42am On Oct 22, 2021
Blessedsunny2:

7,000 per miters
4pic in cartoon
Park point 1.12

I’m more comfortable with price per cartoon. So I’m assuming 1.12 x 7000 = N7,840 per carton of four pieces?

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 10:43am On Oct 22, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I need price per cartoon. So I’m assuming 1.12 x 7000 = N7,840 per carton of four pieces?

Thanks.
Yeah

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 11:05am On Oct 22, 2021
twinskenny:
For your electrical accessories talk to us
trusted and reliable
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 11:07am On Oct 22, 2021
kiekie1:
SOLAR PANELS FLASH SALE! HURRY!!

250w Mono 55k
300w Mono 62k

390w Unilink 78k
360w Sunfit 73k
380w Suncrown 75k

Contact,
pics
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:50am On Oct 22, 2021
TV Wall Reinforcement

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 12:18pm On Oct 22, 2021
WE STILL DOING IT.... LIKE WE HAVE DONE FOR CLIENTS HERE ON THIS FORUM...

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:59pm On Oct 22, 2021
Z-Port by NextHome | Defying The Odds

Ongoing construction of a modern carport. Disrupting what is with what could be.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 1:52pm On Oct 22, 2021
[quote author=Mup4life post=106954286] 4baths and one kitchen[/quote
The quote is not too bad for.
It's ok

(1) (2) (3) ... (2533) (2534) (2535) (2536) (2537) (2538) (2539) ... (3666) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.