Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4380359 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2541) (2542) (2543) (2544) (2545) (2546) (2547) ... (3665) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:05pm On Oct 27, 2021
@mupi4life

Thanks for your patronage. Hope you recieve your package in good condition.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 2:07pm On Oct 27, 2021
Late night supply to a client in lekki
Thanks �
Contact us for all your electrical accessories good rate await you…

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Larwin(m): 2:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
KolaShangOne:
See what happened after just one rainfall...

And I got it 10,000 per carton in Ibadan instead of about 8,000 in Lagos..

Money lost.

I think it's supposed to be polished after installation.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ben894(m): 2:31pm On Oct 27, 2021
petikal:
OK, here's a question.

Why don't we build with treated/insulated hardwood in Nigeria? You know, a house where the exterior walls can be blocks/concrete, but the interior/room dividers would be wood? Think of the freedom and cost-reduction in running electrical wires/pipes, plumbing, and even future reconstruction/expansion.

My high school in Abia built in 1929 has residential buildings built entirely of wood, and some still look good!

For wall partitioning, blockwork is far less expensive. Considering this wood dividers has to be in 2 layers to achieve insulation. Even with one layer division, blockwork is cheaper.
Wood decking is far less expensive, but you have to consider noise cancellation and durability.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 2:38pm On Oct 27, 2021
BrickDevo:
good morning, everybody, all the bosses in the house i hail oh,
please visit my thread, perhaps you can make a request,
https://www.nairaland.com/6672464/building-designs-construction-services

You have some nice looking designs on your thread.

Have you worked for anyone on this particular thread?

Any referral here?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 2:43pm On Oct 27, 2021
A new gate is up for sale as shown in pics
10 feet size with a separate pedestrian

Price....185k

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:17pm On Oct 27, 2021
twinskenny:
@mupi4life

Thanks for your patronage. Hope you recieve your package in good condition.

Me too I want to receive package o.

How much is a box of cables now?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:18pm On Oct 27, 2021
somehow:

Any referral here?

I absolutely concur.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2021
twinskenny:
and all these inncrease us not affecting Labour o
no one is discussing that one oh. To the client,his own is that you deliver on or before due date

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 3:45pm On Oct 27, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Me too I want to receive package o.

How much is a box of cables now?
cat6 sir ? 55k as of today…

Will be in ibadan on sunday… I can bring a box along sir.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I absolutely concur.

Done any job for you sir?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
somehow:

Done any job for you sir?

Not at all. But I’m interested in working with him.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 4:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
somehow:

Any referral here?
yea,
Flinton
but not on this particular thread, on Niaraland instead
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Not at all. But I’m interested in working with him.

Okay sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 4:13pm On Oct 27, 2021
BrickDevo:

yea, but not on this particular thread, on Niaraland instead

Mind sharing the thread where I can see what was done?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 4:17pm On Oct 27, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I really wish they'll include this on each thread.

Size:

Quantity:

Price:

It'll save a lot of back and forth.

I come in peace.
me too so you can just order what you want, no long and plenty talk

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2021
somehow:

Mind sharing the thread where I can see what was done?
was just a design, i did not create a thread for it, i know your fears but i assure you not to panic, i will be transparent in my dealings with you, and will even give progress update as the works goes on
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 4:37pm On Oct 27, 2021
KolaShangOne:
At my welders place in Alimosho and he's complaining 2.5mm checker plate is now 50,000.

Is this true? I remember it used to be about 20,000.
how much was exchange rate when u did it for N20k last ? Bro
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2021
erico2k2:

me too so you can just order what you want, no long and plenty talk

I’m actively shopping for imported tiles and I don’t want to be bothering them. But them don tell me to shut up sha - we mooove.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 5:00pm On Oct 27, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’m actively shopping for imported tiles and I don’t want to be bothering them. But them don tell me to shut up sha - we mooove.
We move ohhhh grin grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 5:33pm On Oct 27, 2021
Cement back at 3500/3600 wholesale
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 6:08pm On Oct 27, 2021
rmx:
Cement back at 3500/3600 wholesale
One or two smiling to the bank
cool cool

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Muyi002(m): 6:36pm On Oct 27, 2021
vickzie:

Go for iron stand. More appealing

I quite understand that it is appealing but my budget is not more than what i have presently.

landlord don add 50k to rent to take effect january 1, 2022.

I must enter the house at least by january

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mountmoriah(m): 6:54pm On Oct 27, 2021
8mm, 10mm, 12mm, 16mm, 20mm, 25mm & 32mm iron rod available for sale free delivery to Lagos, Ogun and Oyo

8mm
10mm
12mm
16mm

Contact my signature

For more
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by flexyonline: 8:02pm On Oct 27, 2021
@twinskenny do you have smart Wi-Fi switches I can use for air conditioners in stock? I bought some of Amazon UK but can seem to get the Wi-Fi to connect to the app.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:48pm On Oct 27, 2021
More intro to the newbies on what We do here and off here.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 8:59pm On Oct 27, 2021
flexyonline:
@twinskenny do you have smart Wi-Fi switches I can use for air conditioners in stock? I bought some of Amazon UK but can seem to get the Wi-Fi to connect to the app.
sold
Out sir… but am expecting about 50 units in two weeks

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 9:11pm On Oct 27, 2021
michlins:
2mm is 37,000 as at this morning. 2.5mm should be 50,000 or more.

You go prepare quotation based on current price of goods and the client will be asking you why you want that much. Survival right now hard biko

Wow. Wow. Chineke.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:24pm On Oct 27, 2021
KolaShangOne:

Wow. Wow. Chineke.
just this week,oga twinskenny was announcing the price increase of Coleman cable. Like a second increase in a month.

How do you anticipate this as a vendor preparing a quotation?

How do you tell a client that your quotation of last two weeks is invalid? Does that not make you sound unserious and unprofessional?

Do you increase your quotation knowing that price might increase and then have the quotation turned down for being too high?

Seriously I need help with this and how to navigate this water.

This morning, I paid for 1mm pan and went back around 4pm and price had increase by 1k. It may sound inconsequential until you buy in quantity.

In my opinion, it's better that all the manufacturers increase their prices very high and leave it there. We will adjust and markets will be stable. At least you know what to expect
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 10:21pm On Oct 27, 2021
For your MEP design and installation, check my dm

(1) (2) (3) ... (2541) (2542) (2543) (2544) (2545) (2546) (2547) ... (3665) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.