Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,626 members, 7,823,757 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:38 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2559) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4414279 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:30pm On Nov 04, 2021
twinskenny:
25 mason from my Neighbourhood were also inside the collapse building…one of them just welcome a new baby damn…

Wow. I learnt plastering was going on..

Most buildings that collapse always always give signs.

Previous workers on the site must have noticed some things.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 7:35pm On Nov 04, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Sorry to read this.

Nigeria really needs to develop a worker’s compensation system.

Same Nigeria that hardly compensates its police and soldiers who die in the line of duty?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2021
micgray100:

They wont still hear .... My encounter so far reveals that everyone is hungry,.. everyone want to take as mush as possible home.. even the engineers themselves are not left out....

solutions to the problem is when appropriate sanctions is given to engineers and developers or clients that refuse to work accordingly to the building approval that is gotten on a project..

in the ikoyi building collapse, i blame the supervising structural engineer for not notifying the lagos state building agency when he left site.

AS A FELLOW STRUCTURAL ENGINNER, I HIDE MY FACE O....

the govt need to create institutions in every sector that will stand the test of time, and will remain for next generations, this what americans are enjoy till today, they created and instrument of law that is higher than every living being on their land, after God in america is their law, if we have institutions be police, air force, naval, educational sector, or agricultural sector, or health, even in building, and we all as a citizen respect the words of our binding or bond of being, Nigeria will be great again, but if u look at every sectors in Nigeria, from a to z are both all corrupts.

Who do u know? who are u? where do you come from? what is your father's name? who do your father know? all of these is what killing this nation..

But there is another chance now for Nigerians to choose OH2023 means (OSINBAJO HOPE 2023) for Nigeria next president, as a SAN and a professor of Law, he will rewrite the story of Nigeria and listen to yelling or wailing of Nigerians, and we can hold him accountable as an intellect.

it will be 30 years since Abiola campaign aganist Tofa in 1993, he won 100% but the north overturn this election.

There is OH2023 now brothers and sisters.

I come in peace.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2021
Spanish products wall and floor 19 by 57
1.52 packing point
14pic in a cartoon

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 9:33pm On Nov 04, 2021
There's a report now on the front page that the lifeless body of the owner of the collapsed Ikoyi building has been recovered.
To all our Esteemed Clients,Developers,Real Estate Investors, Engineers and Every stake holder in Nigeria Building Industry.
What I will say is "Cost it before it Cost you".

My condolences goes to the labourers trying to feed their loved ones that have lost their lives so far.The Nigerian system has failed you.

May we not be victims of circumstances of this Nation.

Amen.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Ssathugit: 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2021
I work as an electrician and I also do a lot of work in my house myself, if required. Often friends ask for help, they do not want a stranger to do it, but they want to be sure of the quality of the work performed, it is very convenient to use Electrician Tool Belts when working
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 11:17pm On Nov 04, 2021
n3xt:

I’m yet to see the goods. Even my supplier is yet to see his payment and everyone is cool.
The same guy is also doing 800sqm + roofing tiles for me this weekend. That one won’t be POD though.

POD works for those who do not entertain dramas.

I recently did 50 tons of iron rod POD. In fact 80% of my nairaland purchases are POD except when I’m dealing with the ambeoloruns (starters who do not have resource).

_______

@blessedsunny2 how about POD for my little purchase. That’s one way to build trust and guarantee repeat business.

I took this picture myself few minutes after 7pm yesterday at ijebu ode, along ejinrin road before the driver started moving to oshodi to deliver to the church, I was physically there to monitor everything from a to z, from sawing of woods to delivery, I was there.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 11:18pm On Nov 04, 2021
walexProjects:
There's a report now on the front page that the lifeless body of the owner of the collapsed Ikoyi building has been recovered.
To all our Esteemed Clients,Developers,Real Estate Investors, Engineers and Every stake holder in Nigeria Building Industry.
What I will say is "Cost it before it Cost you".

My condolences goes to the labourers trying to feed their loved ones that have lost their lives so far.The Nigerian system has failed you.

May we not be victims of circumstances of this Nation.

Amen.

Amen in Jesus name
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 11:43pm On Nov 04, 2021
hslbroker2:

Baba na grace we dey enjoy ooo

We still have strength to work now and retire early, not when our bones are weak.

Thanks for always engaging us God bless you sir.

More blessing unto you now and forever sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by babadots: 1:27am On Nov 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Yeah the building will not collapse but I doubt the fire response will be adequate. And the building has caught fire multiple times.

I'd be surprised if anything works in that building today, yet it was once the tallest in West Africa. The decline in its fortune can be closely tied to the decline in the economic prowess of Ibadan itself.

It is prime property, located in Ibadan's CBD, but since there are no Million dollar businesses renting the offices and the conceived relocation of the New Train Station, there cannot be sufficient investments to update the facility with modern IT infrastructure and safety systems.

The Electrical and Mechanical need to be gutted, redesigned and reinstalled for it to be safe for human occupation.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 3:50am On Nov 05, 2021
07012271292 Joshua plumber . He is super cheap and too good . I love his job on my site and he is always ready to work any day anytime . His toilet installation is as neat as it can be. Pls call him . I will upload his job when i get to site tomorrow. I used 35k to install 3 toilet , water 2heater ,3 tissue holder ,3wash hand basin , 2 showers basin with follow come cupboard in the masters bedroom , kitchen sink and also he is running the big 6 inches pipe outside that carry water and poo to soakaway.
I paid 35k for all this . And his job is neat and if u know me , hummmm i like perfection and can be picky . So his finishing is top notch
damola311:

Anyone please?

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 4:13am On Nov 05, 2021
Thanks babe for a neatly lad tiles on my build . We worked smoothly cos u understood the assignment. I will recommend you always cos ur easy to work with . You out did urself with the tiles finishing but that plenty genesis wan dry my pocket . Its so lovely as am enjoying it well . Thanks so much .
naijacreativeha:
Good morning house, call or whatsapp me on 09036346989 for your tiling work

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 4:23am On Nov 05, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 6:05am On Nov 05, 2021
Enyinne:
Thanks babe for a neatly lad tiles on my build . We worked smoothly cos u understood the assignment. I will recommend you always cos ur easy to work with . You out did urself with the tiles finishing but that plenty genesis wan dry my pocket . Its so lovely as am enjoying it well . Thanks so much .

grin grin

This your pocket sef! Me nko?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:14am On Nov 05, 2021
Stone Coated and Alumininium Price List

Whatsapp 08085310359

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 8:19am On Nov 05, 2021
Oga U know i like pocket friendly things
n3xt:

grin grin

This your pocket sef! Me nko?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 8:24am On Nov 05, 2021
LPG filling station .
We can also give you the best...
Get in touch with us today
MEP design and Installation.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 9:00am On Nov 05, 2021
walexProjects:
LPG filling station .
We can also give you the best...
Get in touch with us today
MEP design and Installation.

Do you have something for a modern car washing bay? Including the drainage/tunnel/water recycling system. Pls share with me.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:15am On Nov 05, 2021
somehow:
I don't want to hear driver missed road drove into cotonou.

This one deep oh, Cotonou bawo grin
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:19am On Nov 05, 2021
babadots:

O yes, as for the maintenance, you are � on point. My comments were strictly based on the structural integrity of the building. The Electrical and mechanical integrity is as suspect as the economic and moral decline of Nigeria itself.

There is no respite until we all recognise how 'bent' our mindsets are and make a U-turn.

May God save Nigeria.

it's the bolded quote for me✓
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 9:39am On Nov 05, 2021
damola311:

Anyone please?

For POP (Plaster of Paris)

How many square meters?

You can reach me on: zero9122348437
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by krak101(m): 9:53am On Nov 05, 2021
money121:
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: Ibadan Oyo State
Roof Design : Bond Design
Colour: Black
Roof meters: =440sqm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

Edakun i still dey into the Roofing Business pls patronize me cry cry
Good job. What's the cost of this?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:06am On Nov 05, 2021
twinskenny:
25 mason from my Neighbourhood were also inside the collapse building…one of them just welcome a new baby damn…

May their souls rest in peace.

A sad story indeed
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:14am On Nov 05, 2021
krak101:
Good job. What's the cost of this?

Quotation for Bond Design (Black)

440sqm*3,750=1,650,000

Ridge cap 88m*2,000=176,000
Valley gutter 25mtr*2,450=61,250
Bash board 18m*2,000=36,000
Nails 5pkts(25kg)*8,000=40,000
Sealant 4sets*5,000=20,000
Installation 440sqm*180=79,200

*Sunbreaker* 5pcs*8,000=40,000

Transportation & Loading =45,000

Grand total=#2,147,450

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:15am On Nov 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I don’t need to wait for any Nigerian modulated panel report. I’m a free man that can reasonably make my own assumptions.

Until proven otherwise I’ll assume that a copy was filed with the agency.

Baba egun, You're already blaming the agency for negligence of duty cheesy
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 10:32am On Nov 05, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Sorry to read this.

Nigeria really needs to develop a worker’s compensation system.

Good idea, but this is Nigeria.

I just hope one day, that we will eventually start to do things right.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by krak101(m): 10:33am On Nov 05, 2021
money121:

440sqm*3,750=1,650,000

Grand total=#2,147,450
Thank you Chief

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:42am On Nov 05, 2021
money121:

440sqm*3,750=1,650,000

Grand total=#2,147,450

Mr money are u paying your tithes?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:43am On Nov 05, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

Baba egun, You're already blaming the agency for negligence of duty cheesy

I'm actually not blaming anyone.

I'm just saying that I'm not hopeful for anything that comes out of any panel. So I'll do my own shadow investigation for my own purposes. I can't take Nigeria at her own statement.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:58am On Nov 05, 2021
krak101:
Thank you Chief
Uwl sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 10:59am On Nov 05, 2021

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 11:20am On Nov 05, 2021
hslbroker2:

I took this picture myself few minutes after 7pm yesterday at ijebu ode, along ejinrin road before the driver started moving to oshodi to deliver to the church, I was physically there to monitor everything from a to z, from sawing of woods to delivery, I was there.
Good morning everyone I come in peace
That was part of your job sir because business have different level although for me I will send my manager or my boy,maybe you sale mmaximum because real business man should always busy some times and we're in open market were we have union and law guiding us that's why we have some employee worker to Bry out the best choice to the customer
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (2556) (2557) (2558) (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Lakuje4power(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.