Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2562) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4371403 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 8:26pm On Nov 06, 2021
Born2conquer:

This is also subjected to the Client’s taste, some WC costs as high as 200k

Yes you are right. Some chandelier light are not less than 450k. Client should not expect an electrician to install it at a cheaper price. Risk is involve and if anything happen Engr or technician would be ask for replacement

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bolu1986(m): 9:04pm On Nov 06, 2021
We are available for pop designs and installation… talk to us

https://www.nairaland.com/6564561/pop-design-tv-wall-installation

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:38pm On Nov 06, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
https://www.nairaland.com/6609728/osinachiadima-global-enterprise
I am dreaming to se the day a nairalamder will post amazing product pics like this and post price along.
until then I take posters of fotos no pics as not so serious with their online presence!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
Jasobry:

Nice work.. How much is the cost?
6,500 per sqm
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2021
topsy23:

Yes you are right. Some chandelier light are not less than 450k. Client should not expect an electrician to install it at a cheaper price. Risk is involve and if anything happen Engr or technician would be ask for replacement

We’re different though and this has a lot to do with maturity.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 12:57am On Nov 07, 2021
This is so true!

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 1:39am On Nov 07, 2021
erico2k2:

I am dreaming to se the day a nairalamder will post amazing product pics like this and post price along.
until then I take posters of fotos no pics as not so serious with their online presence!

The reason everyone is in one trade or the other is because of whats in it for them. If posting with price doesnt put more money in his pocket at the end of the day, dont worry yourself about prices because you ain't gonna see no price tag

Have you wondered why these prices are omitted? The same reason why you want to see a price tag is the only reason you arent seeing one.

6 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 2:56am On Nov 07, 2021
n3xt:
This is so true!

This is so funny coz it's this principle that was worked on and made better in Engineering classes... Stop demeaning our profession pls

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Enyinne(f): 4:23am On Nov 07, 2021
Pls how much is ur satin paint
Valuepaints20:
GOD MORNING
Great people of this platform
Please I really want ask some questions

1• Do you ever have issues with my products?

2• Tell me why are you people.that am hoping on as my backbone not supporting me by buying from in this platform?

3• As anybody in this platform ever report me of delay their supplying?

Édakú.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:43am On Nov 07, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Eye feasting stuff from Twitter.

Warris this bayi.

Oh God.

Deficit in Structural strength.

I fear for those living there.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:51am On Nov 07, 2021
n3xt:
https://www.nairaland.com/6836148/why-nigerians-quick-accept-inflation#107356290

it would make Sense. But I doubt the corporation of people to do that, which makes it even complicated.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 6:53am On Nov 07, 2021
michlins:
there's no competition in Nigeria. Plenty money chasing too fee goods.

The regulatory agencies are not even functioning. If you like boycott the goods,many people will start hoarding same good. When you tire, you go to the market and buy it at the new price
Do we really have the bolded in this country!!
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:47am On Nov 07, 2021
Hajivince:

This is so funny coz it's this principle that was worked on and made better in Engineering classes... Stop demeaning our profession pls

I’m not demeaning any profession. I’m only stating the obvious.

We just talked about Cocoa House few weeks back. It’s still standing after many years. The same applies to NECOM building and many other solid structures built several decades ago.

There were no shortcuts back then. No copy and paste. No templates.
Today, Autocad training is less than 15k within 3 weeks. I know how long it take to produce just one drawing in the 80s.

Solid foundations were built in the time past and not all the theatrics we do these days.
People respect standards and follow building codes to the letter.

That’s why it’s very difficult to see monumental structures like the National Theatre, Iganmu and the likes. What we see today are slap and fix structures covered with cheap claddings.

What we see today are just cheap stuffs! Check the railway stations built decades ago and compare with what we’re seeing today.
I know the difference because I grew up while most of these structures were built.

Check out our institutions and see the quality of constructions happening today and compare it with what was built several years ago.

12 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Perfecttouchade: 8:56am On Nov 07, 2021
Good morning ... check out for your Aluminium fabrication works. Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 9:21am On Nov 07, 2021
n3xt:

We just talked about Cocoa House few weeks back. It’s still standing after many years. The same applies to NECOM building and many other solid structures built several decades ago.

Today, Autocad training is less than 15k within 3 weeks. I know how long it take to produce just one drawing in the 80s.

Solid foundations were built in the time past and not all the theatrics we do these days.

That’s why it’s very difficult to see monumental structures like the National Theatre, Iganmu and the likes. What we see today are slap and fix structures covered with cheap claddings.

What we see today are just cheap stuffs! Check the railway stations built decades ago and compare with what we’re seeing today.
I know the difference because I grew up while most of these structures were built.

Check out our institutions and see the quality of constructions happening today and compare it with what was built several years ago.

The driving force then was not monetary, but now we all want make money, the client want to maximise profit while the builders want to short change the clients on the same reason, everything now turn to Rat Race, no trust from both parties,

What happens in the case of ikoyi building collapse is synonymous to this adage You shall reap what you sow, the result affect every stakeholder to the extent of sacrificing the gifted and precious life to intentional quackery, they knew the consequence of their actions they were blindfolded by the monetary benefit.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:29am On Nov 07, 2021
n3xt:

truth is bitter

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 11:49am On Nov 07, 2021
abuiltech:

The driving force then was not monetary, but now we all want make money, the client want to maximise profit while the builders want to short change the clients on the same reason, everything now turn to Rat Race, no trust from both parties,

What happens in the case of ikoyi building collapse is synonymous to this adage You shall reap what you sow, the result affect every stakeholder to the extent of sacrificing the gifted and precious life to intentional quackery, they knew the consequence of their actions they were blindfolded by the monetary benefit.

Thanks for saying it as it is.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dashlish12: 12:22pm On Nov 07, 2021
If u need land (plots,acres) in ibeju/lekki (lacampagne tropicana beach resort axis) direct from the family. Pls kindly mention me
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
How common are steel studs now and where are they sold? Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:41pm On Nov 07, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:44pm On Nov 07, 2021
IRON ROD AVAILABLE FOR SALE

16mm ( 52 pieces) per tonne

12mm ( 93 pieces) per tonne

10mm (133 pieces) per tonne

8mm (133 pieces) per tonne

payment on delivery

for more details, contact me through my signature.

thanks

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2021
n3xt:

My thought n view though: we still have tons of professionals that won't go below standard n only clients that are ready to pay premium gets them
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2021
Horlardorjah:

My thought n view though: we still have tons of professionals that won't go below standard n only clients that are ready to pay premium gets them

Everybody has a price.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Maximeo(m): 2:43pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hello guys, please could someone here give me approximate cost of fencing one plot of land at Aba (Obingwa LGA, Abia State to be precise)?

This is urgent. Thanks in advance, God bless.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2021
Maximeo:
Hello guys, please could someone here give me approximate cost of fencing one plot of land at Aba (Obingwa LGA, Abia State to be precise)?

This is urgent. Thanks in advance, God bless.
the measurement of the said land to 070-6232-9505, you will get my help

happy sunday to you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Hajivince(m): 4:18pm On Nov 07, 2021
n3xt:

I understand perfectly from the angle u coming from but softwares are made to make designs easier and AutoCAD isn't even a Structural Design software, it just helps for detailing manually.

That being said, Technology advancement is to purposely makes the world a better place and no actual Engineering software will encourage u to cut corners. What we have now is Clients not understanding Engineering designs thereby going for something someone somewhere conjure together because it's cheap and use that as Engineering Drawings.

A lot of people here jus pay an Architect to do an Engineering drawing and they inturn look for a Uni or poly student to draft something and present it and because of the country we are in, nobody really goes through this drawings thoroughly as they don't even understand what it entails.

I've seen a lot of Structural drawings here that there's no calculation whatsoever done on it and u get the same reinforcements provision and Hogging and Bending moments and even critical areas aren't catered for.

The amount of professionals that build here with top bars ain't up to 40% and all u see is "Secret Beams" as it's fondly called and because people won't notice or pay no mind, their building deflects when the even jump or place their Service loads.

U see people criticising the ones trying to do the right thing by saying I saw sb do it with like this and it stands or u hear are u constructing a bridge and so on...

Primarily cost is an important factor to b considered in Engineering practices but safety and "longetivity" should b seen as a Paramount attribute.

Lastly, The mistake most of us make is coz we have COREN or the necessary certificate, we think we can work on Deep foundations and highrise without trainings from experience experts and deliver successfully. The client might not see the signs in the early stages but every mistake hurried will resurface later in the future. Archaic methods aren't better than new methods, we jus lower our standards of delivering.

We have over 20stories in Lagos too standing today

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 5:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
HAPPY SUNDAY TO YOU GUYS.... USING THIS OPPORTUNITY TO CONDOL THE FAMILIES AND LOVE ONES OF IKOYI BUILDING COLLAPSE.. MAY THEIR SOULS RESR IN PERFECT PEACE... AMEN..

YOUR COREN ENGINEER AND CAC ACCREDITED AGENT WISHES YOU GUYS HAPPY WEEKEND...
WE STILL IN BUSINESS.....

SOME OF OUR RECENT CERTIFICATES AND TRADEMARK JOBS FOR CLIENTS HERE ON THE TREND.......

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 6:38pm On Nov 07, 2021
Nero2424:

The reason everyone is in one trade or the other is because of whats in it for them. If posting with price doesnt put more money in his pocket at the end of the day, dont worry yourself about prices because you ain't gonna see no price tag

Have you wondered why these prices are omitted? The same reason why you want to see a price tag is the only reason you arent seeing one.
2 be honest with you, there has been no explanation in your post, you just went in a large circle no offence!

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:50pm On Nov 07, 2021
erico2k2:

2 be honest with you, there has been no explanation in your post, you just went in a large circle no offence!

They've told me indirectly to mind my business grin

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 7:01pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hajivince:

I understand perfectly from the angle u coming from but softwares are made to make designs easier and AutoCAD isn't even a Structural Design software, it just helps for detailing manually.

That being said, Technology advancement is to purposely makes the world a better place and no actual Engineering software will encourage u to cut corners. What we have now is Clients not understanding Engineering designs thereby going for something someone somewhere conjure together because it's cheap and use that as Engineering Drawings.

A lot of people here jus pay an Architect to do an Engineering drawing and they inturn look for a Uni or poly student to draft something and present it and because of the country we are in, nobody really goes through this drawings thoroughly as they don't even understand what it entails.

I've seen a lot of Structural drawings here that there's no calculation whatsoever done on it and u get the same reinforcements provision and Hogging and Bending moments and even critical areas aren't catered for.

The amount of professionals that build here with top bars ain't up to 40% and all u see is "Secret Beams" as it's fondly called and because people won't notice or pay no mind, their building deflects when the even jump or place their Service loads.

U see people criticising the ones trying to do the right thing by saying I saw sb do it with like this and it stands or u hear are u constructing a bridge and so on...

Primarily cost is an important factor to b considered in Engineering practices but safety and "longetivity" should b seen as a Paramount attribute.

Lastly, The mistake most of us make is coz we have COREN or the necessary certificate, we think we can work on Deep foundations and highrise without trainings from experience experts and deliver successfully. The client might not see the signs in the early stages but every mistake hurried will resurface later in the future. Archaic methods aren't better than new methods, we jus lower our standards of delivering.

We have over 20stories in Lagos too standing today

Last month someone approached us for a hotel structural design with columns span of 7.8m at all sides and going to 4 floors.

After our calculations, we arrive at a beam depth of 750mm with y20 reinforcements.

It was after the whole process that the person told us that, they want to use the design for approval but their intent is to use secret beam (not the one we designed with a beam drop of 750mm) for the entire project, and I almost jump out of my skin upon hearing that. He said they have seen so many beamless slabs and they are still standing.

We have to take out time to school them on different types of slabs (solid,flat,ribbed,waffle) and how it has its own design/construction principles and how that flat slab is not a function of secret beams(that’s actually disastrous)

The problem is that most of all this people are truly not in the know (In this case, they were obviously mistaken solid slab for flat slab(beamless slab) and as such they believe it is hidden beam that will hold their 7.8m span slab.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 7:03pm On Nov 07, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

They've told me indirectly to mind my business grin
grin grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (2559) (2560) (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: KEVIND, amourdivine, Resido, RockOfAgesAlumi(m), VanuatuWycombe, BIGGIE121(m), Aforxzy(f) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.