Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:35 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2565) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4413128 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) (2566) (2567) (2568) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:07am On Nov 09, 2021
n3xt:

Go for interlocking if you’re considering cost.

The below was given to me. Please advise

Size is 180 sqms

Needed materials :

1) 3'8 chippings =25 tons

2) sharp sand 8 trips

3) cement = 65 bags

4) release = 1 bag

5) 3" range pole = 6

6) water

7) Iron rod 10mm

cool color hardner = 14 bags
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:11am On Nov 09, 2021
Jasobry:

The below was given to me. Please advise

If you are providing materials,.�
Workmanship per sqm=1,500×197=#295,500

Needed materials :

1) 3'8 chippings =25 tons

2) sharp sand 8 trips

3) cement = 65 bags

4) release = 1 bag

5) 3" range pole = 6

6) water

7) Iron rod 10mm

cool color hardner = 14 bags

This is for stamped concrete. What thickness are you considering? If 3 inches, the materials is too much.

You’ll be better off with a wire mesh than 10mm for reinforcement.

I’m sorry I didn’t respond to your pm. I was very busy last weekend.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:14am On Nov 09, 2021
n3xt:

This is for stamped concrete. What thickness are you considering? If 3 inches, the materials is too much.

You’ll be better off with a wire mesh than 10mm for reinforcement.

I’m sorry I didn’t respond to your pm. I was very busy last weekend.

Will 3 inches be okay, if yes. Assist with the quantity of materials

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:16am On Nov 09, 2021
Jasobry:

Will 3 inches be okay, if yes. Assist with the quantity of materials

I won’t be able to to give accurate figure since I’ve not been to the site but I’ll give you what we used for 300sqm.

I’ll brb.

Just resuming back to work after a long break last week.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:17am On Nov 09, 2021
@jasobry

To prevent cracks, go for stonedust instead of sharp sand.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 7:19am On Nov 09, 2021
n3xt:
@jasobry

To prevent cracks, go for stonedust instead of sharp sand.

Very cheap here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:01am On Nov 09, 2021
Morning everyone
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2021
Jasobry:

Transparency. Drop the price here

Ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 9:52am On Nov 09, 2021
twinskenny:
the total package is about 208k

(Note pure corper only!!! Not mixed. )

Corper tape
Thunder Arrestor
Clips
Mart
4 earthing rod
Salt
Charcoal
Etc
I never knew it cost that much, but i guess its worth it, we take these little things for granted, that was how my friend got his 70inch tv blown up

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by boyestick: 4:31pm On Nov 09, 2021
Anyone here into kitchen granite counter top?leave contact please,thank you.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 5:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
grin

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by oluniyiade: 5:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
Good afternoon sirs/mas, I'm into block production and supply in Ibadan,Kindly chat up with me for your block production and supply at a well discounted rate. You can also refer us WhatsApp/call: 08078053533

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 5:27pm On Nov 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
grin
Disaster, how will those pillars will straighten? That Engineer should be cooling off in jail

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
grin
they will straighten up like chicken leg lol

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tims4real2002: 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2021
Goodevening everyone,

Can someone please help with how much can one pay for an approval of structural building to Lagos state building planning, for a story building with 5 bedrooms duplex and 2 bedrooms flat x 4?

Please help me with the price.

Thanks and best regards.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 7:10pm On Nov 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
grin
The way we take so many things for granted in this Nation is too alarming.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
Tims4real2002:
Goodevening everyone,

Can someone please help with how much can one pay for an approval of structural building to Lagos state building planning, for a story building with 5 bedrooms duplex and 2 bedrooms flat x 4?

Thanks and best regards.
bosses are coming to attend to you, they maybe busy now
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:14pm On Nov 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
grin
this type of thing is what killed alot people at Lekki let us mark this for demolition sir

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 7:14pm On Nov 09, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 7:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
boyestick:
Anyone here into kitchen granite counter top?leave contact please,thank you.

08063073913....chat me up,
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Person2person(m): 7:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
Tims4real2002:
Goodevening everyone,

Thanks and best regards.

I don't think there is a fixed price for this.
You will need to send completed drawings for assessment to the local planning office withing your local government. Your drawing will be accessed and an estimated digit will be generated.....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Charisdesigns: 7:28pm On Nov 09, 2021
Tims4real2002:
Goodevening everyone,

Thanks and best regards.
You might need to rephrase your question so one can answer accordingly.

1)Are you asking about how much you will need to pay to get a approvable structural drawing?if yes, negotiate with your structural engineer.

2) Are you asking if you are to pay LASPPA to approve a structural design for you? If yes, you are not paying for that.

3) Are you asking about the cost of structural stability test for the said building (5 bedrooms duplex and 2 bedrooms 4 flat)? If yes, that’s between you and your engineer, LASPPA don’t have anything to do with it, their own is to receive and vet the result you provide.

Bottom line: you are only paying for assessment into LASG account, which is after your architectural and structural (mechanical and electrical)”if more than two floors” has been vetted and approved.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 8:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
Tims4real2002:
Goodevening everyone,

Thanks and best regards.
I don't understand what you mean by structural Building.
Is it that you have a structural Drawing already and you want to submit it for approval?
Meanwhile you will need more than that before building permit can be given.
You will need your
1.Architectural Plan.
2.Structural drawings
3.Mechanical drawing
4.Electrical drawing
5.Plumbing drawing.
Pls clarify.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
hslbroker2:
this type of thing is what killed alot people at Lekki let us mark this for demolition sir

He was should pray, if sighted by the authorities, it will reach ground zero
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:21pm On Nov 09, 2021
Charisdesigns:

You might need to rephrase your question so one can answer accordingly.

1)Are you asking about how much you will need to pay to get a approvable structural drawing?if yes, negotiate with your structural engineer.

2) Are you asking if you are to pay LASPPA to approve a structural design for you? If yes, you are not paying for that.

3) Are you asking about the cost of structural stability test of the said building (5 bedrooms duplex and 2 bedrooms 4 flat)? If yes, that’s between you and your engineer, LASPPA don’t have anything to do with it, their own is to receive and vet the result you provide.

Bottom line: you are only paying for assessment into LASG account, which is after your architectural and structural (mechanical and electrical)”if more than two floors” has been vetted and approved.
This is well detailed, you just took it to school, and to the white board, with a marker

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
grin
Nawa, people will still pay for rent even after seeing this
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2021
Ilé Ode 2 | Bevelled Glass Wall

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by walexProjects(m): 8:29pm On Nov 09, 2021
BrickDevo:

Nawa, people will still pay for rent even after seeing this
Most tenants will not get to see it at the construction stage.
Sadly it's after the completion they will get to pay and move inside the house.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
Jasobry:

He was should pray, if sighted by the authorities, it will reach ground zero
true
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Tims4real2002: 8:40pm On Nov 09, 2021
Architectural and structural plan.

walexProjects:

I don't understand what you mean by structural Building.
Is it that you have a structural Drawing already and you want to submit it for approval?
Meanwhile you will need more than that before building permit can be given.
You will need your
1.Architectural Plan.
2.Structural drawings
3.Mechanical drawing
4.Electrical drawing
5.Plumbing drawing.
Pls clarify.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:41pm On Nov 09, 2021
walexProjects:

Most tenants will not get to see it at the construction stage.
Sadly it's after the completion they will get to pay and move inside the house.
Yes, some might see it but will not mind as long as it suits their pocket

(1) (2) (3) ... (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) (2566) (2567) (2568) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: joetoocute

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.