Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,826 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:17 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4371376 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) (2566) (2567) ... (3663) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 12:06pm On Nov 08, 2021
Someone up above told me not to speculate and to allow the "government magic panel" to finish.

Sorry but I grew up in a place where we can speculate without waiting for government magic to occur. Private engineers are already doing their own research and publishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRRKDW4YCWA

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by micgray100(m): 1:22pm On Nov 08, 2021
EgunMogaji2:
Someone up above told me not to speculate and to allow the "government magic panel" to finish.

Sorry but I grew up in a place where we can speculate without waiting for government magic to occur. Private engineers are already doing their own research and publishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRRKDW4YCWA

BROS,,, THE PRIVATE ENGINEERS CAN ONLY SPECULATE... MOST OF THEM HAVE NOT EVEN VISITED THE SITE....

Professionally, Many Test would be carried out on the rubbles on site and Many investigation on the daily/ monthly Engineering reports, the construction process and documentations on the site.... all will be investigated.....

Also, dont forget that Engineering Professionals were also on the project before it came down..... they all need to be investigated...

JUMPING INTO CONCLUSIONS ON THE CAUSE OF THE COLLAPSE WONT BE A GOOD IDEA.....

I can tell you more than 5 things that could go wrong..... But as a professional, i need to be sure which one of the 5 really caused the collapse...

With Time, All will be revealed...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: @ Ojuolape Estate Abule Lagos state
Roof Design :Steptiles
Colour: Traffic Black
Gauge:0.55mm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Holluwatarhyor(m): 2:24pm On Nov 08, 2021
micgray100:

They wont still hear .... My encounter so far reveals that everyone is hungry,.. everyone want to take as mush as possible home.. even the engineers themselves are not left out....

solutions to the problem is when appropriate sanctions is given to engineers and developers or clients that refuse to work accordingly to the building approval that is gotten on a project..

in the ikoyi building collapse, i blame the supervising structural engineer for not notifying the lagos state building agency when he left site.

AS A FELLOW STRUCTURAL ENGINNER, I HIDE MY FACE O....
Hello boss.....I'm a civil engineer,but I will like to ask some questions from a structural engineer,you can hi me on WhatsApp,08062150515
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
hslbroker2:

Look at the ways you just rap up or summary my quote.

Does this look like diverting or helping someone in need here, who told you this thread is not vibrant, if it's not, why are you here, why don't you go to jokes section, pets section, or other sections on this forum, why are you at properties section, off topic thread.

I'm a commenter, quoter, threads creator here.

I don't know what you mean by private Kingdom.

I have work for over 50 peoples here that said I should never show the pictures of their project here and never mention their names.

They said and I quote, my working for them should remain btw me and them, and they are only here as guest and not a register member.

Also so many registered members on this forum i worked for that the pictorials works are here on this thread and other threads on this forum.

So many people come here everyday as guest, they took useful resources and turn it into wealth, they act privately here, having said this.

I was busy, I know I won't have the time to do the calculation for the quote the forumite that comment needs, Note I'm doing it for free, for him or her, while I will still be trying to get the accurate information I need from him or her to achieve this, all this effort is to the benefit of the quoter, your summary to it does not fit with all due respect.

Now tell me what I have done wrong brothers or sisters if u also need this help I will do it for u with my time for free. I will use my time and my data for u for free.

Another thing you don't know and you need to know is that not everyone here that need help will share their survey plan, architectural drawing, structural drawing, mechanical drawing or blue print of project here for personal or security reasons.

I said the above because I was just chance to check the thread and I saw I have the little time to help out if I have the measurements, if it 50 by 100, or 60 x 120 or 30 x 120, or 50 x 50 it's a plot of land.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 2:45pm On Nov 08, 2021
money121:
Job Done!!
Another Successful Roofing Project Completed
Site Location: @ Ojuolape Estate Abule Lagos state
Roof Design :Steptiles
Colour: Traffic Black
Gauge:0.55mm

To get the Cost that Roofed this Building Call/WhatsApp 08085310359

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:38pm On Nov 08, 2021
micgray100:

BROS,,, THE PRIVATE ENGINEERS CAN ONLY SPECULATE... MOST OF THEM HAVE NOT EVEN VISITED THE SITE....

Professionally, Many Test would be carried out on the rubbles on site and Many investigation on the daily/ monthly Engineering reports, the construction process and documentations on the site.... all will be investigated.....

Also, dont forget that Engineering Professionals were also on the project before it came down..... they all need to be investigated...

JUMPING INTO CONCLUSIONS ON THE CAUSE OF THE COLLAPSE WONT BE A GOOD IDEA.....

I can tell you more than 5 things that could go wrong..... But as a professional, i need to be sure which one of the 5 really caused the collapse...

With Time, All will be revealed...

My point still stands.

I’m free to speculate as you’re free to wait for some government magic panel.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Dirkcoyt: 4:15pm On Nov 08, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

My point still stands.

I’m free to speculate as you’re free to wait for some government magic panel.
Your summary is that you don’t trust this country! Any country that Fashola can find a camera at the lekki toll gate should never be trusted ! The SARS panel what happened to it ? The SARS men where are they now ? If they’re still in the force did the panel really stop anything .

My Oga make we leave Nigeria .

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 5:09pm On Nov 08, 2021
@ Ado Ekiti thunder Arrestor installations

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 90skid(f): 5:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
abouzaid:
can one build a four bedroom all en suite bungalow with two and half million or less? I'm doing a cost analysis and it's looking possible from my analysis. what's your views on that? i would give my analysis later after hearing some of your views. my labourers would be sourced exclusively from the north where labour is extremely cheap and the house would not include any fancy works. details later but lets hear your views first.
its very possible,u can also look into tiny housing for a more mordern and structural point of view
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abouzaid: 6:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
90skid:
its very possible,u can also look into tiny housing for a more mordern and structural point of view
the post was made in 2015 and i have abandoned the project due to work related relocation and widespread attacks/kidnapping in the area that i acquired land for it, if things calms down next year, i would go back to try it but with a budget of 3.6 million due to inflation.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 6:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
90skid:
Lolz, you check date before you quote, back in 2015 a dollar to naira equivalent was 250/300 naira
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 7:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
Enyinne:
Pls how much is ur satin paint

Please WhatsApp sir 08163862804

GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
Dirkcoyt:

Your summary is that you don’t trust this country! Any country that Fashola can find a camera at the lekki toll gate should never be trusted ! The SARS panel what happened to it ? The SARS men where are they now ? If they’re still in the force did the panel really stop anything .

My Oga make we leave Nigeria .

I grew up in the tumultuous Nigeria of the 70's and 80's, in which military panels and tribunals were almost a yearly affair. It's not that I don't trust Nigeria , It's just that I want to participate in research into why a 21 story building collapsed. One panel/tribunal ended in Unknown Soldier - I wonder how the Kutis feel about Nigeria panel grin I think Baba Fela said "Animal Talk".

6 years ago when Hajji started this thread this is what he said

"Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M."

I was the fourth poster on this thread.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 8:25pm On Nov 08, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I grew up in the tumultuous Nigeria of the 70's and 80's, in which military panels and tribunals were almost a yearly affair. It's not that I don't trust Nigeria , It's just that I want to participate in research into why a 21 story building collapsed. One pared/tribunal ended in Unknown Soldier - I wonder how the Kutis feel about Nigeria panel grin I think Baba Fela said "Animal Talk".

"Off-Topic Thread - To Discuss Anything and Everything that doesn't fit into an individual thread.
Let's discuss everything pertaining to Building Constructions, Real estate and some more.

Note: Please no products or services advertisements... there are plenty of other threads for that already. No buying and selling on this thread.

Hajji M."

The founding fathers, I have been waiting to here from you boss

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jasobry: 8:53pm On Nov 08, 2021
Valuepaints20:

Please WhatsApp sir 08163862804

GET VALUE FOR YOUR MONEY

Transparency. Drop the price here

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 9:46pm On Nov 08, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by 90skid(f): 9:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
abouzaid:
the post was made in 2015 and i have abandoned the project due to work related relocation and widespread attacks/kidnapping in the area that i acquired land for it, if things calms down next year, i would go back to try it but with a budget of 3.6 million due to inflation.
Remember safety first.be safe,i wishyou all d best in ur good heart desires and many more

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 10:15pm On Nov 08, 2021
BrickDevo:

The founding fathers, I have been waiting to here from you boss

Sorry about that. I will reach out. Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 10:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Sorry about that. I will reach out. Thanks.
ok
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by erico2k2(m): 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
twinskenny:
@ Ado Ekiti thunder Arrestor installations
Howmuch did this all cost?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2021
we are doing well

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:49am On Nov 09, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I grew up in the tumultuous Nigeria of the 70's and 80's, in which military panels and tribunals were almost a yearly affair. It's not that I don't trust Nigeria , It's just that I want to participate in research into why a 21 story building collapsed. One pared/tribunal ended in Unknown Soldier - I wonder how the Kutis feel about Nigeria panel grin I think Baba Fela said "Animal Talk".

Hajji M."

Baba we know
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:52am On Nov 09, 2021
We started this thread here

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:56am On Nov 09, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by emynike2001(m): 3:04am On Nov 09, 2021
Welcome to our Precious peace Estate Maya ikorodu.
This property is very close to Lagos State polytechnic.

It is is in ilu-oloye community in Maya.
Presently work is ongoing in the estate.

We have both the empty land & Apartments here. But my concentration today is on the landed properties.

For the land we have
Classic prototype plot
� Actual price is 1,000,000
PROMO PRICE 500K
*NOW 50% DISCOUN
� Development fee is 400,000

Standard prototype plot
�Actual price is 1,800,000
PROMO PRICE IS N900K
*NOW 50% DISCOUNT*
� Development fee is 500,000

Luxury plot
Actual price is 2,500,000
PROMO PRICE IS N1,250,000
*NOW 50% DISCOUNT*
� Development fee is 600,000

Note:
Development fees are used for infrastructures in the Estate like Perimeter Fencing with gates, Electricity, Drainage, Interlocking, Paved road, Borehole etc

Title for this property is GAZETTE

DIRECTION:
Board a bus from Oshodi to Ikorodu garrage, then enter another bus going to Maya, tell the driver you are alighting at Maya bus stop then cross over to the other side of the road & pick a bike to Precious Peace Housing Estate in Ilu-oloye community.

WHAT ARE THE PAYMENT STRUCTURE?

Outright 0--4 Months
Then we can work something out for you without interest

For site inspection | purchase | payment plan | other enquiries...pls call/WhatsApp 2348038781738 TODAY.

NB: PROMO ENDS 31ST NOVEMBER 2021
T & C Applies

Click my YouTube link to watch the Estate video, pls remember to subscribe to my YouTube channel to see more updates

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XE_4ZMM1lug

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 3:21am On Nov 09, 2021
Drab2Fab2 | Extreme Makeover Project

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 6:11am On Nov 09, 2021
n3xt:
Drab2Fab2 | Extreme Makeover Project
tuale

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by abuiltech(m): 6:40am On Nov 09, 2021
For any of your MEP projects, check our signature, we are always ready to give the best layout and design,

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 7:04am On Nov 09, 2021
Jasobry:

I confused on what to lay between stamped concrete and interlocking, while putting cost and maintenance into consideration.

Someone should advice. Size is 180 sqms

Go for interlocking if you’re considering cost.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by twinskenny(m): 7:05am On Nov 09, 2021
erico2k2:

Howmuch did this all cost?
the total package is about 208k

(Note pure corper only!!! Not mixed. )

Corper tape
Thunder Arrestor
Clips
Mart
4 earthing rod
Salt
Charcoal
Etc

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2561) (2562) (2563) (2564) (2565) (2566) (2567) ... (3663) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: sodiq961(m), maywes(m), buzzetin(m), kopell and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.