Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,894 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:45 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2587) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4369165 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2584) (2585) (2586) (2587) (2588) (2589) (2590) ... (3662) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 10:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
eliteweb:

Yes, I like it and I really want something different from POP and PVC.
ok, what would want to know, cost of purchase and installation or disadvantages
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 11:34pm On Nov 18, 2021
eliteweb:
Any CONS using Suspended ceiling in a personal house?

Plaster of Paris.

Cons in link below.

https://www.nairaland.com/6534100/interior-design-project/1#102673073
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 12:11am On Nov 19, 2021
eliteweb:

Yes, I like it and I really want something different from POP and PVC.

PVC. cool

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jworos(m): 12:18am On Nov 19, 2021
BrickDevo:
cool you are welcome, raising it for yourself or for someone? we might need the design for proper analysis, location info needed too
Raising it for myself.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 12:26am On Nov 19, 2021
hamtabfawaz:

PVC. cool

is that a ceiling? made from what materials please?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by obinnanwozuzu(m): 12:46am On Nov 19, 2021
Can 5m-7m get me this?
Land location: Abia state

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 3:27am On Nov 19, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GreenArrow1(m): 4:46am On Nov 19, 2021
michlins:
I always deliver topnotch

How much for this? Butterfly gate with separate pedestrian gate?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 4:46am On Nov 19, 2021
FEGEITOK:

is that a ceiling? made from what materials please?

Yeah made with PVC
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:51am On Nov 19, 2021
eliteweb:

Type: T-Grid Type

I’ve really not explored its usage in residential buildings but I don’t think it’ll be a bad idea is if creatively infused into your design

I’ll avoid using it in wet zone and other areas where you need adequate security.

Here are videos of over 800sqm t-grid suspended ceiling installation done by NextHome:

https://fb.watch/9mRfj1r1_0/

https://fb.watch/9mRPdmGRsn/

If you want to explore creative ceiling ideas and alternatives, I’d suggest you visit Great Omegason in Mushin.
You’ll see several alternatives to POP in their shop. Luxury range and affordable ones.

________
Pic 2&3: Suspended Ceiling ideas

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sammiehero: 4:54am On Nov 19, 2021
Slaw12:
A nice thread...
How much can build and complete a four bedroom bungalow with all room ensuit and with a normal and moderate finishing on a dry land in ibadan...tganks

It depends on what you want, if you have a plan already, please engage a quantity surveyor to prepare bill of quantities for you.
DM if you need an Architect to design a plan and a QS that can assist with an estimate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:55am On Nov 19, 2021
Luxury Range Suspended Ceiling

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sammiehero: 4:56am On Nov 19, 2021
obinnanwozuzu:
Can 5m-7m get me this?
Consult a professional Quantity surveyor to prepare bill of quantities for you.
If you have a plan already, DM let's discuss.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sammiehero: 4:58am On Nov 19, 2021
jworos:
Good evening guys, I'm kinda new here, and researching for what it would cost to raise a 4 bedroom duplex.
Hello, you are welcome.
To get the cost of a 4 bedroom duplex is easy when you engage the service of a Quantity Surveyor.
DM if you have a plan already
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 4:59am On Nov 19, 2021
Fluted Panel + Suspend Ceiling Combination

I’m using this combo for a very small interior makeover project.

Pic 2: Design Inspiration

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Sammiehero: 5:07am On Nov 19, 2021
eliteweb:

Ongoing suspended ceiling for personal house.
We can do Mineral fibre ceilings, gypsum board ceiling using Knauf boards, also we can do metal ceilings.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 5:09am On Nov 19, 2021
GreenArrow1:

How much for this? Butterfly gate with separate pedestrian gate?
this exact gate cost 900,000 to make.
Here are the list materials as choosen by the client;

2.5mm pan

All pipes used here are wrought iron (50 by 50,40 by 40,40 by 20...)

Currently working on something similar but a bit less expensive due to choice of materials. Sample is from Pinterest which I then make a reality

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by GreenArrow1(m): 5:24am On Nov 19, 2021
michlins:
this exact gate cost 900,000 to make.
Here are the list materials as choosen by the client;

2.5mm pan

All pipes used here are wrought iron (50 by 50,40 by 40,40 by 20...)

Currently working on something similar but a bit less expensive due to choice of materials. Sample is from Pinterest which I then make a reality

Nice work. Will be contacting you shortly.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:32am On Nov 19, 2021
The Church is Marching On

#MakeoverProject

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 5:41am On Nov 19, 2021
Attention: Ogun State Investors

Buy peace of mind. No sugar coating.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Nero2424: 7:08am On Nov 19, 2021
sonnie10:

He is just ignoring useless comments

Maybe both of you work together if you know this much.

Its not his work simple, its internet pictures.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:17am On Nov 19, 2021
obinnanwozuzu:
Can 5m-7m get me this?

Absolutely not. At least today November 29, 2021. Also I took your picture in totality.

I’ll put a link to what I built recently and prices have gone up since.

https://www.nairaland.com/6094830/building-attached-2-bedroom-1/4#100274519
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 7:25am On Nov 19, 2021
jworos:
Good evening guys, I'm kinda new here, and researching for what it would cost to raise a 4 bedroom duplex.
It will cost you a piece of land, designs from consultants (architect, structural engineer, M&E if need be).
And so on.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:32am On Nov 19, 2021
jworos:
Raising it for myself.
cool, our bosses here will attend to you, if you are yet to get a building design, please do chat me on WhatsApp, this will help determine the the true cost of the project
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 8:09am On Nov 19, 2021
Nero2424:

Maybe both of you work together if you know this much.

Its not his work simple, its internet pictures.
He never said they were his works. He only posted pictures of what he saw on the internet, just like everyone else does here. How is this hard to understand? Can you quote the comment where he claimed that the pictures were his works? You can’t, because he never did.
You guys just woke up and started connecting imaginary dots just to sound intelligent.
Yes, you have freedom of speech but do not let it result to defamation or slander.
In the construction business, ones reputation is his currency.
When you cause people to believe he is not truthful in simple things, how do you want prospective clients to trust him with bigger things?
Please fear God small.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 8:34am On Nov 19, 2021
Good morning house. Pls what is the average price to budget for iron doors for 3ft x 7ft and 4ft x 7ft. Location is sango OTA.

Cc: michlins, next et al smiley
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 8:39am On Nov 19, 2021
Abeg make una help me scrutinize this quote for burglary and plumbing. We have 4kitchens, 5bathrooms with toilet and a visitors toilet to lay pipes.

Thank you o

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by debeey87(m): 8:40am On Nov 19, 2021
RockOfAgesAlumi:

Casement window with net
1200 x 1200-38k
1500 x 1200-47k
600 x 700-20k
900 x 900-28k

Sliding window with permanent net
1200 x 1200-27k
1500 x 1200-35k
600 x 700--8k

Thanks you sir
900 x 900-14k

Toilet door
750 x 2100-28k
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:43am On Nov 19, 2021

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:44am On Nov 19, 2021
sonnie10:

When you cause people to believe he is not truthful in simple things, how do you want prospective clients to trust him with bigger things?

If he’s good at what he does, business will find him.

I bought my woods and planks from him without fuss because I know he will surely deliver.

I saw the rest of the property image on Zillow website, pick what interest me and move on.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:44am On Nov 19, 2021
debeey87:
Good morning house. Pls what is the average price to budget for iron doors for 3ft x 7ft and 4ft x 7ft. Location is sango OTA.

Cc: michlins, next et al smiley
33,000 and 43,000 respectively

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:48am On Nov 19, 2021
Buying or considering replacing your traditional windows with casement windows, these guides may be advantageous to you as a nairalander or a non nairalander.

We are all here to learn and reading this article now will give you an insight to some important things about Casement window which is one of the best most popular modern type of windows in World, other types of windows includes basement, bay, awning and louvers windows.

So let get started, let us share our ideals and experience as well.

Awning windows and Basement windows also look like casement windows but they are partially different in terms of installation but louvers windows are entirely different from all.

Casement windows are mostly made of aluminum.

In Nigeria we have different companies importing these products for making of these windows by the process called fabricating.

Tower Standard Aluminum is the best of all types of products imported to Nigeria, we also have thick imported.

The standard glass thickness for residential building is 5mm, you can choose to have a transparent glass, black, white or cream but all of this is a choice, but for security purpose the best one is the type that you can see people outside when you are inside in the afternoon or morning, but they can’t see you, they will only be looking at themselves as if it was a mirror they are seeing and in the night they can hardly see what is inside even when the light is on in the night expect the person is as close to the window as skin is closer to the bones in our body.

Casement windows are usually hung vertically with an opening window hinged from the left or right side of the frame. The opener can be inward or outward, but is more commonly installed with the opening element moving in an outward motion. Windows which open inwardly are usually seen in residential apartments or buildings where security and safety are an issue of concern or paramount.

Due to the simple construction and stout, ruggedness, staunch and sturdy frame, casement windows are known to stand the test of time, compare to all major types of windows, without repairs or replacement.

The Crank is the controller locker of the opening and closing of the window unit, if the crank is not well fix or attach, or the material use is not standard, then the crank is likely to fail at a very short time.

The biggest market for these casement windows products is at Aluminum Village, Dopemu close to Egbeda in Lagos, Nigeria.

Casement windows can be embedded with net, and burglary so there is no need of doing a separate burglary proof or net, when you are considering casement windows for your project, though there are some people that love to have their casement windows and net embedded together while they do a separate burglary that will be install separately but at the end you will end up spending more money than you need to spend on a single window that will have a casement, burglary and net embedded together.

If you are considering the casement, burglary and net embedded in the iron rod that will be use inside the burglary pipe is 16mm.

Important things to consider are Reasonable Price, Efficiency, Zero Noise Cancellation, Available in Different Designs and Color, Ventilation.

Reasonable Price
Casement windows are one of the best priced windows types, I can categorically tell you that a casement windows measuring 4ft x 4ft or 1.2m x 1.2m with burglary and net embedded together is around N45, 000 to N50, 000 depend on the seller right now, without burglary is between N43, 000 to N45, 000 plus.

Efficiency
Casement windows are one of the most energy efficient windows, the sash which is the framework in which panes of glass are set in the window, when closed form a seal around the entire windows frame, reducing or zero cancelling the amount of Air Leakage which can pass between the inside and the outside space, so your air conditioners can attach uppermost coolest of the inside house.

Zero Noise Cancellation
Zero Noise penetration or cancellation from the outside space is another added value for you when you install a casement windows, so whatever you are saying inside your room will not leak outside and whatever noise outside can’t come inside especially when you leave beside a church or a mosque, please remember I’m an Atheist, lol.

Available in Different Designs and Color
Casement windows is available in various variety of finishes and colors designs with range of accessories such as chrome, vinyl or brass crank handles, you can also add a range of optional extra such as surface grills and lead grills this makes the casement windows more attractive to the eye and less plain looking like sliding windows.

Ventilation
Casement windows provide good ventilation and usually allow two way ventilation methods, one which allows you to open the windows full and the other which allows you to open the windows by a way of centimeters instead. Either of this option is good for letting air into your house, particularly in the hotter dry weather or summer season like the westerner use to say.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2584) (2585) (2586) (2587) (2588) (2589) (2590) ... (3662) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dbshaywhy(m), psychologist(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.