Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,293 members, 7,818,991 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:39 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2615) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4399342 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) (2617) (2618) ... (3669) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 11:18pm On Nov 29, 2021
rotecch77:

We take whole building construction work not only plastering.

That a smart answer, I like. The question should be, do you take plastering by its self only. That is my opinion ni ooo lol
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:30am On Nov 30, 2021
rajput4real93:

In my own opinion, long span is the best for a flat roof design.
you are right

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:33am On Nov 30, 2021
PrimeQuay:

I will love to hear the opinions of the house on this.

My opinion on the roof design or style should complement the house design. Meaning a modern contemporary house might have a flat roof

1. Flat roofs should be done at an angle that will guarantee good run-off.

2. Try to avoid gutters in flat roofs. It's better if your eaves extend outward.

3. Use longspan. Thick guage.

4. Request for normal corrugation instead of metral.

5. Find good installer. That's all.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 12:35am On Nov 30, 2021
bobkezel:

I think I will try to get the prices of the materials from the market and then compare. If the difference isn't much then I'll do all inclusive...

They might waste your materials sha...

B

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BlushPink: 12:37am On Nov 30, 2021
Greetings to every contributor and engineers here. #Silent follower smiley cheesy
Please what's the current price of the following in/to Ikorodu:
Sharp sand
Granite
Block 6 & 9
Cement.

Thanks.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:42am On Nov 30, 2021
BlushPink:
Greetings to every contributor and engineers here. #Silent follower smiley cheesy
Please what's the current price of the following in/to Ikorodu:
Sharp sand
Granite
Block 6 & 9
Cement.

Thanks.

30 tons granite is N250k full

cement @N4,350

payment on delivery
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 12:50am On Nov 30, 2021
KolaShangOne:

1. Flat roofs should be done at an angle that will guarantee good run-off.

2. Try to avoid gutters in flat roofs. It's better if your eaves extend outward.

3. Use longspan. Thick guage.

4. Request for normal corrugation instead of metral.

5. Find good installer. That's all.

This what you get when we do your flat roof, you can see we merge the gutter at the middle of the roof.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 1:31am On Nov 30, 2021
I'm reposing this because of newbies

The Simplest Way To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks U Need For Your Fence

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

This calculation is based on 9 inches block fence .
The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120
Then (240 + 120) that is 360 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

40 lengths of 12mm iron rod, since one pillar is equivalent to 1 length.

3 lengths of 16mm iron rod for the 2 big pillars holding the gate.

90 planks of soft wood for the framing.

30 tons of granite (granite would be use for the fence floor blinding and columns)

5 trucks of sharp sand

Credit:hslbroker

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 6:41am On Nov 30, 2021
rotecch77:

We take whole building construction work not only plastering.
But any one that comes our way either plastering, carcass, whole finishings we will be glad to take such

I will chat you up on the Plastering job to see if we can work together.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Chibaba247(m): 7:03am On Nov 30, 2021
hslbroker2:
you are right
I will chat you later
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:11am On Nov 30, 2021
somehow:

I will chat you up on the Plastering job to see if we can work together.
I will be expecting
Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 7:19am On Nov 30, 2021
hslbroker2:
I'm reposing this because of newbies

The Simplest Way To Calculate The Numbers Of Blocks U Need For Your Fence

The simplest way to calculate the numbers of blocks you need for your fence project, assuming you are fencing a land measuring 120 feet by 60 ft, a standard plot

This calculation is based on 9 inches block fence .
The measurement we are using is 120 ft (length) and since we have two lengths that is multiply by 2 which is 240 ft. (120 x 2) = 240

The breadth is 60 ft and also since we have 2 breadths that equal 120 ft (60 x 2) = 120
Then (240 + 120) that is 360 feet perimeter line fencing.

The calculation

(we are to convert this 360 feet to inches ) since a foot is 12 inches , now let us multiply 12 inches by 360 ft which is 4320 inches.

Now to get the line numbers of blocks that will go around the fence perimeters of 4320 inches or 360 feet, we would need to divide 4320 by 18 inches, since the length of any block be it 6 inches or 9 inches is 18inches.

Now 4320 inches divide by 18 inches is approximately 240 line of blocks , then we must multiply that by the numbers of coaches of blocks you want for your height, assuming 7 ft which is 9 coaches that means 240 multiply by 9 which is 2160 blocks and that is all you need anything aside from this is fake and fraud, this calculation is derive by me professionally and i have been using it without any mistake, but always remember to add 10 % of blocks to it because of broken blocks, and for this work, you only need 30 bags of cements, one bag of cement to 70 blocks, is standard.

for your pillars between the fence, let assume 6 blocks far from the next pillar, that means 6 divide by 240 which is 40 pillars, 1 bag of cement to 2 pillars standard, that is 17 bags plus 40 bags that is 47 bags is need by me to do this fence, if i'm in position and you should also to add 15 bags for floor blinding of the fence making 62 bags of cement.

Then, we need to minus the gate and the pillars that are also taking space in the fence.

The gate is 12 ft, let us assume the gate columns or pillars is 14 inches each, we have 2 pillars holding the gate, that is 28 inches or 2. 4 feet plus 12 feet that is 14.4 feet or approximately 15 feet.

Remember we already calculate the pillars that 40 pillars is need for the measurement.

Each pillar or column for 9 inches concrete is 9 inches square, 9 x 40 = 360 inches that is (30 feet + 15 feet = 45 feet ) / 18 inches = 30 blocks multiply by the number of coaches, 30 x 9 = 270 block minus 2160 blocks = 1890 blocks in total.

40 lengths of 12mm iron rod, since one pillar is equivalent to 1 length.

3 lengths of 16mm iron rod for the 2 big pillars holding the gate.

90 planks of soft wood for the framing.

30 tons of granite (granite would be use for the fence floor blinding and columns)

5 trucks of sharp sand

Credit:hslbroker

You tried but the bolded part sound somehow bcs
What you need is more than what you put there.

1. Where is block calculation for fence foundation

2. Where is reinforcement for column mat

3, where is 8mm reinforcement for columns link,
4. Binding wire, nails, etc

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:45am On Nov 30, 2021
rotecch77:
Bring your plastering and rendering let’s compare..lolz
Our plastering is always on top notch

https://www.nairaland.com/3092553/construction-6bd-duplex-2bd-flat

You can follow the thread here

I agree ...your plastering works are top notch �.....

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:46am On Nov 30, 2021
Please house, I intend doing something like this on parts of the front building

Though it's mostly done on fences but I kinda like the way some of them look

Is it worth it?

I was to use tiles for the orange, paint for the blue and green in the initial design.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 7:55am On Nov 30, 2021
AlphamaleTech1:

Sorry have been busy, but it's cool... Incase of next time uhn.

I texted u on WhatsApp, still waiting for a response.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Jeff68: 7:56am On Nov 30, 2021
somehow:
Please house, I intend using doing something like this on parts of the front building

Though it's mostly done on fences but I kinda like the way some of them look

Is it worth it?

I was to use tiles for the orange, paint for the blue and green in the initial design.

I like it, I might do the same.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 8:03am On Nov 30, 2021
dongc:

I agree ...your plastering works are top notch �.....

Thanks chief
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hamtabfawaz(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2021
bobkezel:
Good morning house..
I was charged 5000 naira per sqm for pop installation (materials and workmanship), and 1600 for workmanship if I'm buying materials myself...
Pls house which of the above options is better?

Very good deal cuz it's really cheap.

But make sure its not an underquote × & they can deliver.

Good luck on your Project✓
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:24am On Nov 30, 2021
Jeff68:

I like it, I might do the same.

Yea, depending on the color you go for, looks nice.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 8:43am On Nov 30, 2021
Good morning great building engineer in the house

I salute all of you….
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 8:49am On Nov 30, 2021
Good morning my people , this snake issue is geten out of hands another man post the same issue again, what is solution to stop snake entering inside water system or toilet seat , operation war against snake

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 9:47am On Nov 30, 2021
KolaShangOne:

They might waste your materials sha...

B
Good point

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by topsy23: 10:10am On Nov 30, 2021
DFAMEGUY11S:
Good morning my people , this snake issue is geten out of hands another man post the same issue again, what is solution to stop snake entering inside water system or toilet seat , operation war against snake

Hmm this one is big ooooooo

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Horlardorjah(m): 10:17am On Nov 30, 2021
That's how we roll!
Many more to loaded n still loading

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by PrimeQuay: 11:29am On Nov 30, 2021
michlins:
it can be salvaged. You have to replace the pipes at the bottom part with slopping pan. That way it doesn't retain water at all. If you're doing a gate in and around Lagos, kindly ensure that you don't use pipes at the bottom. Where if it's important to use pipes, cover it with angle iron of at least 4mm thick. That way, the effects of rusting will be delayed as much as possible.

See what I did here, instead of welding directly on the pipe, I got another stronger material to take the heat

@michlins thank for your input. I believe the cause for this level of rust just after 2 years of installation is the salt in the air in that area. In fact I observed other using an iron frame and wood to construct their gate in that area.

Can nothing be done to prevent rust?

Do you have any experience using anti rust paint/spray on your gate fabs?

I also noticed these hand railings didn’t rust. Pics:

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 11:35am On Nov 30, 2021
PrimeQuay:

@michlins thank for your input. I believe the cause for this level of rust just after 2 years of installation is the salt in the air in that area. In fact I observed other using an iron frame and wood to construct their gate in that area.

Can nothing be done to prevent rust?

Do you have any experience using anti rust paint/spray on your gate fabs?

I also noticed these hand railings didn’t rust. Pics:
this level of rust under two years is basically cause of inferior choice of materials.

As it is now, I will suggest that you cut off the area that has been affected,use angle bar to frame it all round and then spray anti-rust paint first before proceeding further to paint it completely.

These paints goes for about 4500 each cup and the volume is just 1.5l. There are other brands like Sharon and Dulux depending on your funds

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 12:03pm On Nov 30, 2021
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by ice4u999(m): 12:05pm On Nov 30, 2021
[quote author=ice4u999 post=108084702][/quote]
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 12:14pm On Nov 30, 2021
[quote author=ice4u999 post=108084702][/quote] you edit my post sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by QSFemi(m): 1:16pm On Nov 30, 2021
What mortar mix ratio did you use for the plastering?

rotecch77:
Bring your plastering and rendering let’s compare..lolz
Our plastering is always on top notch

https://www.nairaland.com/3092553/construction-6bd-duplex-2bd-flat

You can follow the thread here
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by KolaShangOne(m): 1:25pm On Nov 30, 2021
I'm just wondering if Aliko Dangote has started selling POP cement grin

I have told them to return this and get me ABS...

I know there are other good brands asides ABS but I'm more comfortable with it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) (2617) (2618) ... (3669) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ishadfurnitures, PrimeQuay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.