Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:24 PM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2625) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4415040 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2622) (2623) (2624) (2625) (2626) (2627) (2628) ... (3671) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 5:19pm On Dec 03, 2021
hslbroker2:
lol, buhari son knows better, with his power bike, may God continue to protect us, i drove power bike with a pilot from lekki to Port Harcourt before base on urgent needs by a client, he only gave me 4 hours to get to port Harcourt from Lekki, it was a risk, but i took it, me and the pilot are both on helmet and guard wares, we made it and get back to lagos same day, it was a document of his land i need to help him collect from his lawyer and bring to him, he can't avoid flight but needed the documents urgently, but note this, 4 legs is better than two legs, if it not human being that is using the 2 legs to walk. anything mechanically constructed to service humanity, 4 legs is better than 2 legs.

Are you saying you made it in 4 hours?

How many years ago?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Imas007(m): 5:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
My good People
Day 3

https://www.nairaland.com/6860261/construction-2-flats-gra-benin#108182175

I will appreciate your feedbacks.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 5:44pm On Dec 03, 2021
twinskenny:
in Ogun state along lagos ibadan expressway 10 years ago a piece is been sold for 800 900 but now 10m
Simple reason for that, speculation and corrupt money everywhere, people think they are making progress. Imagine how could houses is more expensive in Lagos, Abuja and others big cities in Nigeria then UK, USA, Europe, Asia. Nigeria is the only Country on earth where prices of house triple in less the 10 years mid develop areas, with no any mini full economic growth.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 6:32pm On Dec 03, 2021
JAYMA:
Good afternoon all, my name is Akintoye James A. I am a furniture maker based in Ota, Iyana Iyesi very close to Winners precisely. I started my furniture work since 2016 in far away Awka, Anambra state where I learned the Art after I lost my Job @ Ecobank Nigeria due to recession of that period. Today to the glory of God I am the MD of Eidwood Furniture.
I have my blood Brother here on this platform who is well known for the work he is doing in the furniture work too.
For your furniture works, you can depend on us and we promise to give you the very best. Distance is never an issue when it comes to doing business.
We are also into Farming though still on small scale but with the plan of expanding it very soon.
Contact us today @ eidwood2016@gmail.com or farotikaj@gmail.com or call us @ 08038143008/08032914516.
God bless you and your family.
As this year is running to an end may your life and those of your loved ones not come to an end. God shall bless you and bless the good works of your hand. Have a prosperous Month of December

Eidwood Furniture
A pleasant place to visit!

Welcome.

Open a thread, post your works on the thread, link the thread in your signature.

Be a craftsman, don’t be a cheating hustler like some, and money will flow in.

You have a captive audience.

7 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:01pm On Dec 03, 2021
kopell:
Simple reason for that, speculation and corrupt money everywhere, people think they are making progress. Imagine how could houses is more expensive in Lagos, Abuja and others big cities in Nigeria then UK, USA, Europe, Asia. Nigeria is the only Country on earth where prices of house triple in less the 10 years mid develop areas, with no any mini full economic growth.

How much is an average house in big cities across the countries you listed above?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:09pm On Dec 03, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Welcome.

Open a thread, post your works on the thread, link the thread in your signature.

Be a craftsman, don’t be a cheating hustler like some, and money will flow in.

You have a captive audience.
True talk. Oga take the advise to bottom of heart be wise, if you choose better name then naira value then, Sky is your limit here. Quality, Quality, Quality and better finishing should be your logo.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
kopell:
An average single family house 3-4 bedroom in US average neighborhood is about $350k. That is about about #175M (@$1-#500). This amount can build 3 solid 4 bedroom duplexes in most developing neighborhoods in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2021
somehow:

How much is an average house in big cities across the countries you listed above?
It’s depends on location, one thing that is clear most houses in the west unban areas are build over 50 -60 more years ago. Average two family home is still affordable to buy at $300k on montage. Compare to ordinary land that’s are selling in Lagos, Abuja and others places for 120m with no light, no central sewage, no central water system.

4 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2021
kopell:
It’s depends on location, one thing that is clear most houses in the west unban areas are build over 50 -60 more years ago. Average two family home is still affordable to buy at $300k on montage. Compare to ordinary land that’s are selling in Lagos, Abuja and others places for 120m with no light, no central sewage, no central water system.
No One story building (2flats) in the whole of Ikorodu, Ojota, Ketu, Alapere, is worth #150M. My former boss sold his four flats one story building at Agric ikorodu recently for #30M

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
sonnie10:

An average single family house 3-4 bedroom in US average neighborhood is about $350k. That is about about #175M (@$1-#500). This amount can build 3 solid 4 bedroom duplexes in most developing neighborhoods in Nigeria.
My brother, which city or State will 175m build one 3 solid 4 bedrooms duplexes. In Lagos I can tell you this for free, even the so called government houses that they claim is affordable in average neighborhood like Lekki, Oniru, that where recently sold. 3 bedrooms flat are sold for 75 - 95m. I couldn’t afford one, people already paid 70% upfront 3 years earlier before on block is lay on the site. So please tell me doses that translates to our economy reality. imagine that.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2021
kopell:

₦120m house anywhere in Nigeria can't be ordinary sir.

A 2 family home should consist of what and what sir?

Average house in Lagos that I know is between ₦40 million and ₦80m. (They range between semi duplex to detached duplex of a minimum of 3 beds).

Bungalows are between ₦25m to ₦60m.

An average $300K House of 2 family in America is ₦156,000,000. (₦156m using ₦520/$1)

The amount above will get you above average house in Nigeria.

Annual property tax on that $300k House in America will pay your power and other things within the same time frame.

There's no way on earth an average house in Lagos or houses in Nigeria is more expensive than the US, UK and their like.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 7:57pm On Dec 03, 2021
kopell:
My brother, which city or State will 175m build one 3 solid 4 bedrooms duplexes. In Lagos I can tell you this for free, even the so called government houses that they claim is affordable in average neighborhood like Lekki, Oniru, that where recently sold. 3 bedrooms flat are sold for 75 - 95m. I couldn’t afford one, people already paid 70% upfront 3 years earlier before on block is lay on the site. So please tell me doses that translates to our economy reality. imagine that.

No, they're between ₦60m and ₦75m the last time I asked and these are the semi-detached wings. The apartments are a bit cheaper.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 7:59pm On Dec 03, 2021
sonnie10:

No One story building (2flats) in the whole of Ikorodu, Ojota, Ketu, Alapere, is worth #150M. My former boss sold his four flats one story building at Agric ikorodu recently for #30M
It’s depends on location of the building, trust me most houses sold are base on speculation. Just 3 months ago someone is offering his 2 number 2 bedrooms and small room shanty house on 385sqm land in Ilupeju for 120m. I can assure you those people with a lose money through corruption will buy that building.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 8:05pm On Dec 03, 2021
somehow:

No, they're between ₦60m and ₦75m the last time I asked and these are the semi-detached wings. The apartments are a bit cheaper.
Where was this one, the one am talking about is in Okunu estate around Osapa London Lekki. That apartments are nice finishing though.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by kopell: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2021
somehow:

Average house in Lagos that I know is between ₦40 million and ₦80m. (They range between semi duplex to detached duplex of a minimum of 3 beds).

An average $300K House of 2 family in America is ₦156,000,000. (₦156m using ₦520/$1)

Annual property tax on that $300k House in America will pay your power and other things within the same time frame.

There's no way on earth an average house in Lagos or houses in Nigeria is more expensive than the US, UK and their like.
Hahaha you make me laugh in Spanish, you forgot average rent on this houses you’re saying the are expensive paid $2,100 per month x 12 sir in dollars. I don’t know math ooo. Please tell me how many rented apartment pay $25k per year in Naija where land are sold in some estate at 60 - 100m sir.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:26pm On Dec 03, 2021
kopell:
Hahaha you make me laugh in Spanish, you forgot average rent on this houses you’re saying the are expensive paid $2,100 per month x 12 sir in dollars. I don’t know math ooo. Please tell me how many rented apartment pay $25k per year in Naija where land are sold in some estate at 60 - 100m sir.

$25,000 per year is #13, million naira

I am trying to understand your point with the above sir.

Are we talking about the cost of owning a house or rent?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 8:27pm On Dec 03, 2021
kopell:
Where was this one, the one am talking about is in Okunu estate around Osapa London Lekki. That apartments are nice finishing though.
Ikate.

https://lagosstate.gov.ng/blog/2021/10/13/gov-sanwo-olu-commissions-100-housing-units-in-ikate-lekki-on-wednesday-october-13-2021/

https://www.nairaland.com/6800798/lagos-state-comissions-100-housing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by money121(m): 8:46pm On Dec 03, 2021
sonnie10:

I don't know if my next question is good for public consumption but I will throw it out there. I like bond or classic black. No Shingles. So how much per square meter?
Sir still expecting you
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 9:08pm On Dec 03, 2021
@ mufutau55 and AngelicBeing:
I could sense your feelings of nostalgia. Zaria hasn't changed much save for some few developments especially roads and new buildings. ABU, Aviation school, NMS, Army Depot are still there. Railways, still there but better be described as moribund unlike in your days when it was the major means of transportation. NTC (Nigerian Tobacco Company) was changed to BATC (British American Tobacco Company) and later closed down, what goes on there is rice milling operations. Your Cadbury and John Holt situated at Chikaji industrial estate are now used as warehouses for grains.
It's not a bad idea if you can still pay the city a visit at least once more in your life time just to relive old memories.

AngelicBeing:
Amen and Amen cool
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Bobbyflips1(m): 9:11pm On Dec 03, 2021
PLOTS OF LAND FOR SALE AT KayFarms Estate
Iju, Ifako Ajaiye

Full plot: N45.75m
Half plots: N27.75m
Quarter Plots: N12.5m
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 9:40pm On Dec 03, 2021
PaylessPhone:
I need a good architect

Can this fit on one plot of Corner-piece land

1unit of 4bedroom duplex

2units of 2bedrooms

4units of room and parlour self contain
Really?
It can't.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 10:12pm On Dec 03, 2021
Beframia:
@ mufutau55 and AngelicBeing:
I could sense your feelings of nostalgia. Zaria hasn't changed much save for some few developments especially roads and new buildings. ABU, Aviation school, NMS, Army Depot are still there. Railways, still there but better be described as moribund unlike in your days when it was the major means of transportation. NTC (Nigerian Tobacco Company) was changed to BATC (British American Tobacco Company) and later closed down, what goes on there is rice milling operations. Your Cadbury and John Holt situated at Chikaji industrial estate are now used as warehouses for grains.
It's not a bad idea if you can still pay the city a visit at least once more in your life time just to relive old memories.

Thank you very much for more detailed information Sir.
I will surely visit Zaria when I am around and all these bandits business is down. Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:24pm On Dec 03, 2021
FEGEITOK:

Are you saying you made it in 4 hours?

How many years ago?
have u ever test the spend of light? Speed of light that astronauts experience is light x 1000 of the speed I'm telling you, from lagos to port on power bike is less than 4hours, if u don't stop @240 kmp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rmx: 10:30pm On Dec 03, 2021
AngelicBeing:
Ni ma inajin Hausa, a Wusasa Zaria - KADUNA State aka hafai ni, na Je makaranta a Army staff school - NMS Zaria, Uncle na yaje J NMS ZARIA da NDA KADUNA shocked

Interesting . Na my alma mata be that . Proudly an ex boy , unforgettable memories from that school and Zaria

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MRFIXER001: 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
There are average house or land in Nigeria that worth more than #120m, have you ever heard of a popular location at Abuja called maitama. Duplex in that area worth hundreds of millions, some billions. I could remember a 7 bedroom duplex we built for a client there years ago was recently sold for #850m ($1.7m).
somehow:

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by coldcandy: 10:35pm On Dec 03, 2021
uncleteeh:

Really?
It can't.

It's possible ooo...in onitsha.
In Osha, neighbors shake hands through their windows, even on the fifth floor.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
mufutau55:

Thank you very much for more detailed information Sir.
I will surely visit Zaria when I am around and all these bandits business is down. Thank you Sir.

Hajji M.

Baba glory to God u are back active here, u created this thread, the best thread on nairaland

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MRFIXER001: 10:37pm On Dec 03, 2021
Only an architect can answer that. But isn't that too much for a plot of land
PaylessPhone:
I need a good architect

Can this fit on one plot of Corner-piece land

1unit of 4bedroom duplex

2units of 2bedrooms

4units of room and parlour self contain
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by MRFIXER001: 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2021
Isn't that death wish grin grin grin grin
hslbroker2:
have u ever test the spend of light? Speed of light that astronauts experience is light x 1000 of the speed I'm telling you, from lagos to port on power bike is less than 4hours, if u don't stop @240 kmp
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 10:43pm On Dec 03, 2021
MRFIXER001:
There are average house or land in Nigeria that worth more than #120m, have you ever heard of a popular location at Abuja called maitama. Duplex in that area worth hundreds of millions, some billions. I could remember a 7 bedroom duplex we built for a client there years ago was recently sold for #850m ($1.7m).

Any land worth 120m is not average.

Don't we know the meaning of average again?

So how can a house worth 850m be tagged average?

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:52pm On Dec 03, 2021
bolu1986:

Oga bosun you have been here Solving issues … why can’t you handle this in civil way? Things should degenerate to this level at all… call your client have a meeting with him schedule a payment plan and keep to it….

Unfortunately you can’t be an umpire in your own game.

How much refund are we looking and what exactly constitute the figures? That’s exactly what I’m still trying to wrap my head around in the past weeks.

Is it how I’m expected to refund 280 naira per block when I sold blocks at 200 naira per blocks throughout the lifetime of the project even when others are paying 250 naira and above?

Or how I’m expected to pay N3,800 per bag of cement when I have a fixed price contract sum pegged at N3,000 per bag of cement?

Or how I’m expected to value a 10sqm security house at almost the same amount as a 400sqm fence with 600mm raft, 22 columns and block wall?

This is far bigger than me hence the reason for my long silence on this matter.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:58pm On Dec 03, 2021
nannymcphee:
Please what are the downside to this type of roof

a.Noise
b.Heat
c.wind pulling it off etc

This picture was taken from a thread on NL.

I intend doing a similar design , want to weigh my options between this design and a meduim pitched roof

CC
n3xt

None to the best of my knowledge if your roof is well constructed and watertight.

Heat and noise won’t be an issue if you do POP Ceiling.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2622) (2623) (2624) (2625) (2626) (2627) (2628) ... (3671) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: CELEBRITYSAND and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.