Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,253 members, 7,829,492 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2645) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4429762 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2642) (2643) (2644) (2645) (2646) (2647) (2648) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 4:31pm On Dec 13, 2021
[i][/i]
Beframia:

I'll advise you do the fence and gate and write boldly on different parts of the fence the usual warning "THIS PROPERTY IS NOT FOR SALE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS". Then you immediately commence the process of perfecting the land docs if you have not done so already.

Best wishes.

This u said can't solve anything.

The family's knows who they sold land to, the first thing is registered survey, c of o, before fencing if u are wise
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 4:45pm On Dec 13, 2021
michlins:
how many people that will make it a worthwhile venture?

While starting a business, look at the purchasing power of your customers
Products are usually targeted at a particular set of customers... It's not for everyone.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 4:48pm On Dec 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’m running the numbers to see if I can setup a sawmill. Not my area of expertise though I’m a woodworker.

My concern is if Nigerians will pay extra to get grade lumber.

Do it. Get cozy with upscale developers. Do internet marketíng. You will capture a niche market and comfortably rule over it before others wake it.

It's not for everyone.

Those who need it will reach out.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 4:52pm On Dec 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I think I missed this post.

Based on my own understanding, not all houses calls for window hoods. It depends on the style of the house and what the architect came up with in the totality of the project.

I followed what my esteem architect drew.

Thanks sir.

The architectural drawing didn't make room for hoods though.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:53pm On Dec 13, 2021
bobkezel:

Products are usually targeted at a particular set of customers... It's not for everyone.
the people who can afford this will gladly pay for the imported woods instead of patronizing the local market.

But what do I know? You can change the market status quo
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 4:54pm On Dec 13, 2021
The family knows who they sold the land to yet they're calling to ask him if he wants to resell. That's the essence of the warning so that if the seller has an ulterior motive of reselling it, the prospective buyer will be prompted to ask questions. Meanwhile, his registered survey, c of o, or whatever processing should have commenced.

hslbroker2:
[i][/i]

The family's knows who they sold land to, the first thing is registered survey, c of o, before fencing if u are wise
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:56pm On Dec 13, 2021
dapotemi:

Please i need HELP urgently;

what is the best way to protect a pricey land from invaders/trouble makers/omo onile/ intruders/ ole and barawo etc?

I have two option and i can only afford one for now, do a FOUNDATION or do a FENCE/GATE. I can only do one.

Please it's urgent. Even the seller don dey call me to ask if i wan resell, can you imagine the bastard!

Please kindly advice.
kindly resell that land if they offer you a good price. You're about to walk into a trouble you don't have the funds for. This is one reason people will gladly overpay for an estate land because you pay just once and know it's yours forever

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by vanbonattel: 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2021
frond:

Beware! these guys are not real. They are the same people using the same picture. I do not know what they are looking for here!

My friend, don't be mischievous! The same people Brabus has been buying all his wood from and you say they are not real? grin

Fear no dey catch you?

Hslbriker is a well b know name associated with n3xt and they are running the same show.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
michlins:
the people who can afford this will gladly pay for the imported woods instead of patronizing the local market.

But what do I know? You can change the market status quo
I don't think so... You generalised "the people"
As far as Nigeria is concerned there is no market that won't sell. Just focus on your target customers...

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 6:40pm On Dec 13, 2021
bobkezel:

I don't think so... You generalised "the people"
As far as Nigeria is concerned there is no market that won't sell. Just focus on your target customers...
Those woods are pricey. For example the 2x 4 (inches ) x 16 (feet) is $12 with tax. That is about #7000. Add shipping and custom wahala (woods are contraband ) total landing cost might be up to #12k a piece. The same wood full length is sold for #900- #1000 in Nigeria.

Therefore the question of whether high end clients would buy a locally produced high end wood is answered. And it is yes, they will buy, especially if the quality is comparable even if it sold for much more.

Other questions are, what problem does it really solve and is there a better affordable alternative like iron struts?

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
sonnie10:

Those woods are pricey. For example the 2x 4 (inches ) x 16 (feet) is $12 with tax. That is about #7000. Add shipping and custom wahala (woods are contraband ) total landing cost might be up to #12k a piece. The same wood full length is sold for #900- #1000 in Nigeria.

Therefore the question of whether high end clients would buy a locally produced high end wood is answered. And it is yes, they will buy, especially if the quality is comparable even if it sold for much more.

Other questions are, what problem does it really solve and is there a better affordable alternative like iron struts?

now if you want to produce woods with comparable quality, the price will be close to the ₦7,000. Now how many Nigerians will gladly pay that amount for wood when there are cheaper options. What stops the person from going for steel trusts instead. Bearing in mind that for a business to survive, you need patronage

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
michlins:
now if you want to produce woods with comparable quality, the price will be close to the ₦7,000. Now how many Nigerians will gladly pay that amount for wood when there are cheaper options. What stops the person from going for steel trusts instead. Bearing in mind that for a business to survive, you need patronage

Do you mean same way people are patronizing you ?? Do you think there are no cheaper or more expensive options?? People are are going to like what they like.They are going to get it and pay for it regardless...building a target market and your sales acumen coupled with quality products.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 7:30pm On Dec 13, 2021
Beframia:

I'll advise you do the fence and gate and write boldly on different parts of the fence the usual warning "THIS PROPERTY IS NOT FOR SALE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS". Then you immediately commence the process of perfecting the land docs if you have not done so already.

Best wishes.

Seconded.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
dongc:

Do you mean same way people are patronizing you ?? Do you think there are no cheaper or more expensive options?? People are are going to like what they like.They are going to get it and pay for it regardless...building a target market and your sales acumen coupled with quality products.

sir, you are missing the point.

The other day, there was discussions about how much Nigerians pay for land and spend on building structures and how outrageous it is. Add premium wood to it and what do we have.

Let's start from you, are you willing to pay 7,000 for a length of wood when there's another that goes for less than 1,000.

There are things we spend money on, things like cars
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 7:42pm On Dec 13, 2021
hslbroker2:
[i][/i]

Same as land documents, you guys are saying the same thing
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dongc(m): 7:46pm On Dec 13, 2021
michlins:
sir, you are missing the point.

The other day, there was discussions about how much Nigerians pay for land and spend on building structures and how outrageous it is. Add premium wood to it and what do we have.

Let's start from you, are you willing to pay 7,000 for a length of wood when there's another that goes for less than 1,000.

There are things we spend money on, things like cars

Not really sir..i get what you are trying to say but..people are using stone coated roofing....people are paying high price for wichtech while there are so many cheaper ones.....some are using best/tower aluminum....people are using unknown company in Mushin. people are using dulux while people here will buy from oga gbadexy ...this is my point...

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by sonnie10: 7:50pm On Dec 13, 2021
michlins:
If roughly plain straight ones are sold for about #1000. Treating, curing and sanding shouldn’t make it #7k. Highest #2500- #3000. At that price many would go for it.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 7:56pm On Dec 13, 2021
bobkezel:

Exactly, it'll cater to a niche group. It doesn't need to turn to the next Dangote whatamacallit.

I don't need to make millions off of any business I do in Nigeria as I'm gainfully retired grin

Na just to remain sharp while keeping the younger UAR natives employed.

Additionally, if I do this, then only the machineries will be imported. We have the wood here. It's the laziness coupled with lack of proper tools that makes the market littered with substandard lumber.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 7:59pm On Dec 13, 2021
sonnie10:

If roughly plain straight ones are sold for about #1000. Treating, curing and sanding shouldn’t make it #7k. Highest #2500- #3000. At that price many would go for it.
one time,a client from here asked me to purchase wooden doors for him. I went around the market pricing woods, I realized that woods are far more expensive than steel.

Add treatment and stuff, you're talking something more expensive than 3,000
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by FEGEITOK: 8:11pm On Dec 13, 2021
michlins:

I am looking for that kind of wood for my front see through wall

So I would buy.

Some house designs use a generous dose of wood, so those would go for it, and the wood had better be uniform and treated.

There is something satisfying and soothing about a house with a generous amount of wood indoors.

If I had my way, I'd even build a wooden gate not a metal one.

So there is a market for it

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
sonnie10:

Nice analysis

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 8:24pm On Dec 13, 2021
FEGEITOK:

I am looking for that kind of wood for my front see through wall

So I would buy.

Some house designs use a generous dose of wood, so those would go for it, and the wood had better be uniform and treated.

There is something satisfying and soothing about a house with a generous amount of wood indoors.

If I had my way, I'd even build a wooden gate not a metal one.

So there is a market for it
you diaspora fellows and your weird ideas. Which one is wooden gate again. What do you want me to be doing with all these beautiful designs wey full my phone

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 8:27pm On Dec 13, 2021
michlins:
There are a million and one applications of wood apart from roofing.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:36pm On Dec 13, 2021
frond:

Beware! these guys are not real. They are the same people using the same picture. I do not know what they are looking for here!
I don't like insult people, but if u pass your boundaries with useless word's why should I over look and not let the world know you are stupid, or should I call u animal

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:38pm On Dec 13, 2021
bobkezel:

Absolutely.

The only reason why metal stuff is prominent in Nigeria is laziness. It's far easier to create stuff with metal since they are mostly straight.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 8:40pm On Dec 13, 2021
Here's one of the channels that Itv been watching now for almost a decade.

A family affair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1g7ghNQatk&t=105s
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 8:43pm On Dec 13, 2021
dongc:

Not really sir..i get what you are trying to say but..people are using stone coated roofing....people are paying high price for wichtech while there are so many cheaper ones.....some are using best/tower aluminum....people are using unknown company in Mushin. people are using dulux while people here will buy from oga gbadexy ...this is my point...

People like us dey buy premium imported woods when the need arise.

Depending on the need and usage requirement, I pay as much as 7,000 - 18,000 per length of wood.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 8:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
n3xt:

People like us dey buy premium imported woods when the need arise.

Depending on the need and usage requirement, I pay as much as 7,000 - 18,000 per length of wood.

This accurate
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by SurveyorGeo: 9:06pm On Dec 13, 2021
Towers

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 9:08pm On Dec 13, 2021
bobkezel:

well I'm looking at wood for just roofing and a bit of furniture

(1) (2) (3) ... (2642) (2643) (2644) (2645) (2646) (2647) (2648) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: AjiBussu(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.