Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,952 members, 7,828,347 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:38 AM

General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction - Properties (2644) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction (4427224 Views)

Discuss Anything Property And Lets Make Money In The Process / Residential Building Construction Mistakes In Nigeria You Need To Avoid / General Topic Thread - The Roforofo Thread Of Construction Activities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) (2645) (2646) (2647) ... (3674) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:25am On Dec 13, 2021
n3xt:

Oh I’m very sorry about that!

Pleas kindly give me till afternoon. We might been increasing the order because we are currently planning to re-roof a new building in the church premise.

Maybe we can pick all the wood at once.

_______

What’s the current price of reinforcement? I’ll be needing some quantities in coming days.
It’s best to buy now before the mad rush in January.

yes baba

12mm @N425k (top steel and LCI) They are Britain standard

16mm @N425k (top steel and LCI) They are Britain standard

10mm @N435k (top steel and LCI) They are Britain standard

they both pass SON test ( Standard Organization of Nigeria)
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:25am On Dec 13, 2021
BrickDevo:

i believe you, in due time i will contact you boss
ok sir
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by n3xt(m): 10:46am On Dec 13, 2021
hslbroker2:

yes baba

12mm @N425k (top steel and LCI) They are Britain standard

16mm @N425k (top steel and LCI) They are Britain standard

10mm @N435k (top steel and LCI) They are Britain standard

they both pass SON test ( Standard Organization of Nigeria)

The bolded part though. They’ll always pass the tests until you carry out an unscheduled visit to their factory.

The top players (African Steel and African foundries) were caught and shut down mid-year 2021. So nothing surprise me anymore.

3 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:49am On Dec 13, 2021
New week quote
The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 10:53am On Dec 13, 2021
To all our esteem clients,

The golden rule for every business man is this: Put yourself in your customer’s place. – Orison Swett Marden

5 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HoneyWholesaler: 10:53am On Dec 13, 2021

rotecch77:

New week quote
The fastest way to change yourself is to hang out with people who are already the way you want to be.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HoneyWholesaler: 10:53am On Dec 13, 2021
Yea

n3xt:

The bolded part though. They’ll always pass the tests until you carry out an unscheduled visit to their factory.

The top players (African Steel and African foundries) were caught and shut down mid-year 2021. So nothing surprise me anymore.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by DFAMEGUY11S(m): 10:54am On Dec 13, 2021
Your floor tiles here

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by HoneyWholesaler: 10:54am On Dec 13, 2021
P.S. For the least expensive wholesaler of original undiluted HONEY straight from the bee farm, check my signature
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 10:59am On Dec 13, 2021
n3xt:

The top players (African Steel and African foundries) were caught andy shut down mid-year 2021. So nothing surprise me anymore.

Bami

They both in bold rely on scavengers to produce their products, but Top Steel and LCI always import iron ore to produce baba, I can belt on them baba
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:10am On Dec 13, 2021
Hello house,

What kind of window designs need hoods?

Incase I didn't the question rightly, should all windows have hoods?

If not, what type of windows should not have hoods?
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Valuepaints20(m): 11:30am On Dec 13, 2021
chidi4eze:
Please, is rendering same thing as screeding. If yes, so it is advisable to wait 28 days after screeding before painting?

Thanks.

Painting after screening shouldn’t be above interior 2weeks exterior 3weeks if you want a perfect finishing and it also depends on the quality and paints company you intend using for your building.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by hslbroker2(m): 11:48am On Dec 13, 2021
somehow:
Hello house,

All windows most have hoods! For beautification of the house or the building, now listen, either u are using casement windows or sliding windows, they both need hoods for aesthetic beauty, if we solve your problem let us know if not, my bosses we buttress this issue.

Thanks
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by chidi4eze(m): 11:55am On Dec 13, 2021
Thank you very much.

Valuepaints20:

Painting after screening shouldn’t be above interior 2weeks exterior 3weeks if you want a perfect finishing and it also depends on the quality and paints company you intend using for your building.

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 11:55am On Dec 13, 2021
hslbroker2:

All windows most have hoods! For beautification of the house or the building, now listen, either u are using casement windows or sliding windows, they both need hoods for aesthetic beauty, if we solve your problem let us know if not, my bosses we buttress this issue.

Thanks
If it's just for aesthetic beautification, then it can't be a must.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by mufutau55(m): 12:35pm On Dec 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Thank you Sir. I already changed my ticket to go back to Nigeria sooner. I feel out of place here. Too much calm and lack of chaos over here grin

I can understand that o. Pandemic has turned everything upside down here... and now winter comes in.

Hajji M.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by jabolo(m): 12:56pm On Dec 13, 2021
hslbroker2:

They both in bold rely on scavengers to produce their products, but Top Steel and LCI always import iron ore to produce baba, I can belt on them baba

Another Naija accepted "truism" that really is a "falsism".

IMO, this particular fable hurts us and leaves us subservient to foreign exchange fluctuations - importing iron ore in this day and age!

Iron at the molecular level is the same whether produced from ore, or from reclaimed metal. Both have 'impurities' to be removed and it is the way these are handled that decides the final quality outcome.

8 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
mufutau55:

I can understand that o. Pandemic has turned everything upside down here... and now winter comes in.

Hajji M.

It’s unbelievable cold even in SoCal. I’m praying against border closure.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by uncleteeh(m): 1:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
Mind you.
Among all odds.
There are young folks here trying to grow.
We deliver excellently.
The below pics are that of a happy client ongoing project. (A client from here)
OAKGroup did the architectural designs and is also supervising the building constructional works.
+2348108408732
oakgroupdesigns@gmail.com

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:18pm On Dec 13, 2021
QSFemi:
This is technology at work here.

I’m running the numbers to see if I can setup a sawmill. Not my area of expertise though I’m a woodworker.

My concern is if Nigerians will pay extra to get grade lumber.

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
BrickDevo:
just look at just how the woods are cut to size uniformly, over here you will be confused if the size presented is 4 inches or 3 inches.

Even though I really don’t like being in the USA but I realize within minutes of being on the ground how backasswards I’ve been living for the past three years.

We have a long way to go.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 1:26pm On Dec 13, 2021
rotecch77:
To all our esteem clients,

The golden rule for every business man is this: Put yourself in your customer’s place. – Orison Swett Marden

@OsifesoEL, I call it taking ownership of clients issue.
Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Blessedsunny2(m): 2:02pm On Dec 13, 2021
Still your blessed sunny, D Spanish products available

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by somehow: 2:29pm On Dec 13, 2021
somehow:
Hello house,

Still need inputs @ house

@Mufutau55
@EgunMogaji2
@spyder880
@Adventure
@Abatoir

Etc

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by dapotemi: 2:33pm On Dec 13, 2021
Please i need HELP urgently;

what is the best way to protect a pricey land from invaders/trouble makers/omo onile/ intruders/ ole and barawo etc?

I have two option and i can only afford one for now, do a FOUNDATION or do a FENCE/GATE. I can only do one.

Please it's urgent. Even the seller don dey call me to ask if i wan resell, can you imagine the bastard!

Please kindly advice.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:15pm On Dec 13, 2021
somehow:

Still need inputs @ house

@Mufutau55
@EgunMogaji2
@spyder880
@Adventure
@Abatoir

Etc

I think I missed this post.

Based on my own understanding, not all houses calls for window hoods. It depends on the style of the house and what the architect came up with in the totality of the project.

I followed what my esteem architect drew.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by EgunMogaji2: 3:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
dapotemi:

what is the best way to protect a pricey land from invaders/trouble makers/omo onile/ intruders/ ole and barawo etc?

I have two option and i can only afford one for now, do a FOUNDATION or do a FENCE/GATE. I can only do one.

Please it's urgent. Even the seller don dey call me to ask if i wan resell, can you imagine the bastard!

Please kindly advice.

If "Enemies Are At The Gate" then proceed to foundation immediately. As in active and continuing construction.

However this only delay things unless you continue building.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by rotecch77(m): 3:49pm On Dec 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

@OsifesoEL, I call it taking ownership of clients issue.
Perfect

1 Like

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by bobkezel(m): 3:56pm On Dec 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

I’m running the numbers to see if I can setup a sawmill. Not my area of expertise though I’m a woodworker.

My concern is if Nigerians will pay extra to get grade lumber.
Sure, a lot of Nigerians will pay extra for grade lumber. I am sure of that.

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by BrickDevo: 3:58pm On Dec 13, 2021
EgunMogaji2:

Even though I really don’t like being in the USA but I realize within minutes of being on the ground how backasswards I’ve been living for the past three years.

We have a long way to go.
Very true, the way too too long

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by michlins(m): 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2021
bobkezel:

Sure, a lot of Nigerians will pay extra for grade lumber. I am sure of that.
how many people that will make it a worthwhile venture?

While starting a business, look at the purchasing power of your customers

2 Likes

Re: General Topic Thread-To Discuss Anything And Everything in Building Construction by Beframia: 4:20pm On Dec 13, 2021
I'll advise you do the fence and gate and write boldly on different parts of the fence the usual warning "THIS PROPERTY IS NOT FOR SALE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS". Then you immediately commence the process of perfecting the land docs if you have not done so already.

Best wishes.

dapotemi:

Please kindly advice.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2641) (2642) (2643) (2644) (2645) (2646) (2647) ... (3674) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: folmus, topsy23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.